• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I'm still up for it. Galway would be better, because it's less than an hour away from me.

You think we could do a co op with Boards.ie? I'm not sure if we're big enough for a large gathering.

NateDog

I'm not sure there'd be much point in doing that, wouldn't the point be to meet fellow members on a forum we all use and people we at least know a bit?

RangerX

Banned
The june bank holiday is my birthday and i'm only 30 mins from the city centre so that would be perfect for me. How many of us will there be?

NateDog

Starting a new job tomorrow and kind of shitting it. I'm only doing training for at least a week but I've only worked retail before and never done CS in an office so I'm not sure how I'll deal with it. It doesn't sound too demanding but still I always worry.

Can the Irish Times go one week without printing pro-life shite from Breda O'Brien? Honestly her article is laughingly bad "Hey, lets attack Amnesty! The organisation who protect human rights worldwide because of their sensible views when it comes to womens health".

Can the Irish Times go one week without printing pro-life shite from Breda O'Brien? Honestly her article is laughingly bad "Hey, lets attack Amnesty! The organisation who protect human rights worldwide because of their sensible views when it comes to womens health".

She's a horrid cunt, alright. I remember she wrote an anti-ultrasound opinion piece at one point.

RangerX

Banned

Yeah shes an absolute wagon. She came to UCD to give a talk a few years back and some of the stuff she was coming out with was repugnant.

Dazzler

I'm still up for it. Galway would be better, because it's less than an hour away from me.

You think we could do a co op with Boards.ie? I'm not sure if we're big enough for a large gathering.

Do people actually use boards? Not a fan of it at all

The moderation is extremely heavy handed and it's largely a fun-free zone

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Do people actually use boards? Not a fan of it at all

The moderation is extremely heavy handed and it's largely a fun-free zone
I only really use the game and wrestling forums (WrassleGAF is too fast and loose) and occasional image thread. But I grew close to those I chatted with there.

Clegg

The sun has been belting down in Dublin for the last ten days.

Five minutes ago it starts to lash hailstones.

I hate/love this country.

Boards is OK but I only lerk there for bargins or using it to yell at UPC reps when my internet or tv service dies.

Yeah the weather is nuts today. Sunny then hail here in dun laoughare.

/27

NateDog

The sun has been belting down in Dublin for the last ten days.

Five minutes ago it starts to lash hailstones.

I hate/love this country.
That's hardly weird unless the sun was melting you 5 minutes before and then afterwards. Saw it's supposed to snow or be snowing in the northern Midlands / North. Hilarious.

Just after I posted this it started hailing like crazy and stopped like usual. This country man.

/24

Vagabundo

That's hardly weird unless the sun was melting you 5 minutes before and then afterwards. Saw it's supposed to snow or be snowing in the northern Midlands / North. Hilarious.

Just after I posted this it started hailing like crazy and stopped like usual. This country man.

/24

I was getting pelted with hailstones WHILE the sun was belting down at lunch in Dublin, James Street.

RangerX

Banned
Around ten of us are heading to the cinema in dun Laoghaire to see civil war tonight and then head to the 40 foot for pints at weatherspoons after. Should be a good night!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Well after seeing Civil War and it being, imo, the greatest comic book film ever made so far then yes it was a very enjoyable night. Nice pints in the forty foot after too.
Hmmm...I find it very hard for any superhero movie to ever live up to Spiderman 2.

NateDog

Any of you live near / in Swords? Just wondering about how long the commute from there to town is in the morning and around 4-5 P.M. The missus and I are looking to move into our own place in the next few months but places are just so damn expensive on southside and there are certain places we just wouldn't go. I'm not even that far from the city centre but am finding my commute is taking 1.5 hours each way every day which is a bit of a problem. A lot of places in Swords seem quite nice and are arguably cheaper than most other places.

Any of you live near / in Swords? Just wondering about how long the commute from there to town is in the morning and around 4-5 P.M. The missus and I are looking to move into our own place in the next few months but places are just so damn expensive on southside and there are certain places we just wouldn't go. I'm not even that far from the city centre but am finding my commute is taking 1.5 hours each way every day which is a bit of a problem. A lot of places in Swords seem quite nice and are arguably cheaper than most other places.

I live right next to swords. Depending on the bus (the 41 or 41c is fastest) its gosh, about 30-40 minutes. Busier at peak times obviously.

Was raining all weekend mostly. Wanted to go cycling and/or paint the house. The weather put an end to those plans so I just played Dark Souls 3 all weekend. Finished it yesterday, actually.

I spent the weekend not doing anything because I was supposed to be studying but I still ended up not studying. Anyone else here in college got your exams this week?

I was just browsing HMV looking for the price of the hateful eight on friday, and HMV UK has a lovely hateful 8 steelbook up for pre order, whereas HMV IE doesn't acknowledge the standard blu ray releasing this friday. In fact HMV UK has a bunch of stuff for sale on their site we don't have >.<

NateDog

I was just browsing HMV looking for the price of the hateful eight on friday, and HMV UK has a lovely hateful 8 steelbook up for pre order, whereas HMV IE doesn't acknowledge the standard blu ray releasing this friday. In fact HMV UK has a bunch of stuff for sale on their site we don't have >.<
Are you sure? The search function on the Irish site is dreadful, I couldn't find any listing for The Revenant recently unless I Googled it.

Saw Captain America yesterday. I'm really not big on Marvel (only saw Ant Man, quite liked it, and sort of watched Avengers Assemble on TV a few weeks back which I wasn't keen on) but I honestly thought this was superb.

'Hi HMV
Will HMV Ireland be selling The Hateful Eight Steelbook and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Steelbook on the HMV Ireland Website Store.
There are a lot of Irish Customers who want to order on-line the steelbooks but HMV UK Store do not deliver outside the UK
There also has been been some other recent HMV UK Steelbooks not appearing on the HMV Ireland Website recently.
Are you not selling Pre Order release HMV Exclusives Steelbooks any more because you used to have these available to Pre Order previously.
Thanks'

'hmv Ireland Hi Paul,

We should be doing most when we have more info from Suppliers as these have only recently beeen announced. We do endeavour to get in most steel-books but in some cases they are Exclusive to HMV UK which is a completely separate company to HMV Ireland and is in no way linked to us, but we are working with suppliers to ensure that we can also get these as Exclusives in HMV Ireland as well in the future.'

Boo.

Top Bottom