• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ai Kora 1-10
oLDMw.png
Oh for fuck sake.......
incredible

Ace of Diamond Act II 32
CiBQyRnUgAAghbe.jpg

Okumura and Sawamura need even more time, their interactions are starting to get really good even if they are always on edge. Hopefully Okumura will look up to his senpai someday.

Asada starting to actually get interested in taking up practicing with Sawamura was a good change for his character too.

Nanatsu no Taizai 173

Yeah sure gang up on one dude..... yah cowards

Edit: Just realized Mercellia was part of the group

lol she isn't looking to good

dani_dc

Attack on Titan ch81

Definitely feels like we're approaching end game, last few chapters have the same feeling of despair as the earlier ones, characters of semi-relevance dying (won't believe Erwin is dead until we see his body).

Attack on Titan ch81

Shoulda just killed him.

He wanted him alive to save Erwin.
Emotion got the best of him.

Boruto 1

This was pretty funny and entertaining. Naruto could be a little less serious though it is an interesting take on his character and different from all the future naruto fics ive read. And Sasuke is still around.
CiBwWvPW0AAqnur.jpg

Sasuke training someone is something I need to see. I wonder why he doesnt have a squad.

And where is Udon, I see Konohamaru and I guess that was Moegi, but he has to be somewhere.

Boruto 1
This feels like a fanfiction. Naruto being a less-than-ideal dad is quite funny though.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 90-123
Caught up. The pace never slows down wow.

Plus, that freaking grin right there
gpAtzlt.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

You are such a failure Kosaki

Also, you too Chitoge; this is the most unnecessary spiritual journey ever.

Nisekoi

Its gonna happen isn't it, the finale of the series is gonna be Raku coming home to his wife but we won't see her face or hair and have no idea who won.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Its gonna happen isn't it, the finale of the series is gonna be Raku coming home to his wife but we won't see her face or hair and have no idea who won.

He should just go for harem end. It's the only solution.

Angry Grimace

also I just noticed a bunch of people cursing me on the last page what'd i do this time

Food Wars

All the attention was on Tsukasa sauce so Soma will win, easily.

Seraph of the End

Finally we see Shinya but it amounted to nothing. I cant wait to see if he and current Guren talk it out.

jman2050

Nisekoi

Kosaki literally relegated herself to Backup Choice by her own will because she's too much of a spineless coward to step on Chitoge's toes.

From the beginning all the way until the end, she's just the worst.

Actually they're both being spineless cowards right now but one just has a much much larger track record.

Caste Heaven 11

Finally we get a couple in love in this caste system thats not built on abuse or bad feelings and more. Kind of like the different feeling of it and how Tatsumi was trying to be nice but did have some moments for his true character to come and he could be himself.

Busaiku

So I'm checking the Book Walker Maria Holic stuff, and I think I read the scanlations or fansubs from way back, but I'm glad they're not using rape as a threat here.

Revo

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 35-36

Glad to see they passed after all that effort they put in

PK Gaming

So I'm checking the Book Walker Maria Holic stuff, and I think I read the scanlations or fansubs from way back, but I'm glad they're not using rape as a threat here.

Wait, wait, wait, wait

There's translated MariaHolic content beyond the 5th volume?

EDIT: There is!

Ushio to Tora 147-219
So the anime skipped over a super plot important arc which is also the longest and the best one....it also fucking skipped over the Tora x Kagari shipping chapter. Fuck the anime.

Jintor

K-on High School/Uni

KyoAni really elevated this beyond what it was, huh? The 4koma is fine but it feels like a spinoff... of its own derivative product.

Just read his other series Mahou Shoujo of the End alongside it and never feel like eating again.
So every manga/anime which name begins by "Mahou Shoujo..." is some kind of twisted spin on the genre ? D:

Helck 10-23
I can see a plot forming.

Criminale 1-7
Can't wait to see how insane the MC can become.

Zweizer

Banned
Flying Witch ch26

Taking care of children always get messy.

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu ch26

You're doing great Bocchi!

Tokyo DTED ch17

Meh, this is pretty pointless.

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). If you want to avoid that, just post a general question about the manga. Most recent at top. Links to previous recommendations at bottom.

1. The human family is fun (stereotypes abound but still fun), the situations can get dumb but it's the kind of fun dumb (stalker episode) and the characters, for one reason or another, are enjoyable and didn't rub me the wrong way. For Anagle Mole Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  2. What a fascinating take on the whole concept of "loved ones" dying as a result of using special abilities. For Sekai Oni. From cosmicblizzard. (imp)
  3. This is awesome. A single dad raising a daughter story and a food one. Right up my alley. For Sweetness and Lightning. From Quasar.
  4. A culinary manga set in Fate universe. Complete with recipe and step by step preparation, with Shiro Emiya as the chef. For What's Cooking at the Emiya House Today?. From striferser. (imp)
  5. This series is good. I really like the older European take on magic that isn't super bombastic and massive. It's kind of why I like Dungeon Meshi for being so simple and D&D-y. It's base, but you don't really see that kind of stuff anymore because of Tolkien or Game of Thrones. For The Ancient Magus Bride Vol 1. From MetroidPrimeRib.
  6. Yuri love triangle between a trio of close friends. Having digested a few forgettable yuri collections recently, it was refreshing to read something that felt more polished. Recommended to anyone whose username begins with a Z and ends with weizer. For Nanashi no Asterism 01. From A Huge Battlship.
  7. A guy goes into a cheap hotel and finds a ghost. It's drawn by someone who worked with Tosh before, so you know what that means. For Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 01. From Sir Blaming.
  8. An apprentice mage meets the world's strongest witch. I really like these sort of fantasy stories, they always seem to have some really nice pen work and big spreads to show it off. Kind of a shame I can't read this in public, but the main character has a really cute design! For Nina-san no Mahou Seikatsu. From Droplet.
  9. Dang, this was cute. For Musashi-kun to Murayama-san Tsukkiate Mita 01. From Marche90.
  10. Followed almost solely because of the high concentration of suffering. For Fire Punch. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  11. Pretty good SOL manga about a girl that constantly teases a boy, tricking him everytime. Sweet stuff. Dat smile at chapter 28.5 <3 Takagi-san da best. For Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. From ColossalLazy.
  12. Give it a read if you're into war manga. For Groundless - The One Eyed Sniper. From striferser. (rec)
  13. A collection of 4 short stories by Arinaga Nie. One could say the story focus on fantasy in urban setting. For Saraba, Yasashi Yuuzuru. From striferser. (rev)
  14. This is the best thing I've ever seen. For Poputepipikku Vol 1. From cosmicblizzard.
  15. I guess this is cute girls doing things apocalypse edition. Although I have to wonder where did all the people go? Even in such a post apocalypse situation, I'd expect there to be somewhat of a society left. Kind of like in The Arms Dealer manga. For Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure. From nabe_shogun.
  16. I hate how it put me into a well done emotional roller coaster like this. For Helck. From Shengar. (long)
  17. Its twisted cuteness and complementary art allowed it to punch above its short weight. For Neko to Ookami. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  18. A fun ride, a great read and cool characters, loved my time with class 3E and Korosensei. For Assassination Classroom. From Aki-at. (rev)
  19. Early part was a mess, but i like it when the author start focusing on character growth. For Yozakura Quartet. From striferser. (imp)
  20. KuwabaraTheMan and a wall of text about Hunter x Hunter. (rec)
  21. Lots of feels and laughs. A lot of psychology involved. For Skill of Lure. From dr labson. (imp)
  22. Arabesque long Hunter x Hunter Dark Continent re-read that got crazy
  23. Definitely a good series. For Boku dake ga inai machi. From Revo. (rev)
  24. The book focuses on the mess the Hunter go around doing in the city, killing any Twilight in their path in the most bloody ways possible, no matter if they are little kids, women, old geezers. For Gangsta Cursed Episode Marco Adriano Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  25. One of those "you might maybe perhaps consider this, but be aware of this and that" recommendations at most. For Bakuman. From Famassu. (rev)
  26. After reading the first 3 volumes I came to the conclusion that while the story is interesting, the writing can get confusing and everyone is a bit of... a cretin. For The Rising of the Shield Hero. From Lain. (imp)
  27. Okay I hope more AUs are written with salaryman Seraphs (though why Mika was on the bosses side?). It'd be fun to read. Hopefully the writer can do more. For What If Seraphs (doujinshi). From Dedication Through Light.
  28. The manga adaption of that one otome game where you have to brawl with the guys in order to get them to date you. For Kenka Banchou Otome - Koi no Battle Royal. From Droplet. (imp)
  29. Maiko is a sort of wizard who must fight in a battle royale of sorcery that's held every 20 years in order to save her friend's life. Not a particularily interesting setting, but the art and skinship are nice. For Hyper Girls Battle Orgia 01. From Zweizer.
  30. Have you read all the cute girls 4koma?
  31. A boy who wants to commit suicide after his classmates discover his sexual orientation sees a woman falling from an open window. For Shimanami Tasogare. From Droplet. (imp)
  32. Story was short but kind of emotional when you think about zombie apocalypse and two dudes left behind to try to make the cure. For BL of the Dead. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  33. Holy crap. This manga is adorable. For Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. From OniBarubary. (imp)
  34. Well that was a nice read. Good and light hearted story. For Bonnouji. From nabe_shogun.
  35. so cute (?) For Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki. From Kuro-Law.
  36. Well drawn depressing read. For Bradherley's Coach. From Lain. (rev)
  37. You guessed it: the futanari version is infinitely superior. For Kuro Gal Bakunyuu Cosplayers. From Zweizer. (NSFW)
  38. Our protagonist, Aoba Suzukaze, just freshly graduated from high school, and following her dreams, she starts working at a video games company. For New Game. From Zweizer. (rev)
  39. A decent romance that I'm curious to see how it'll develop. For Koi wa Ameagari no You ni. From Zweizer. (imp)
  40. It always felt like it was the part where it was most personal for the mangaka, and had been pretty fascinating in seeing how she grew over the series. For ReLife. From Arabesque. (rev)
  41. The political side in the latter half, with Isami and Isaoka going to war over votes, was my favorite stretch in this story. For Sanctuary. From Semblance. (rev)
  42. Love Live x School Days = thank you god. For School Idol Days (doujin). From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  43. A handful of interesting premises here, but the author's story-telling was pretty weak. For 8.1 - Yamada Yuusuke Gekijou. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  44. Yumi, a Nipponian HSgirl, want to become the president of Amerigo, so she decide to join the marine. The manga focus on how she and her friend undergoes various marine training program. Not bad, i like the humor. The author died last year due to cancer. She used to work for the marine, and also the translator for several manga including GuP. For Marine Corps Yumi. From striferser.
  45. Cute short (yuri-ish) story about finding a girl as mysterious as a star. For Procyon in the School Store (one shot). From Zweizer.
  46. So far, this looks to be really damn good, as a reimagining of the original Devilman story similar to other recent adaptations of Go Nagai properties. For Devilman Grimoire. From ArclightBorealis. (imp)
  47. 'Tis been awhile since I read a manga with a good protag. Why is this the exception and not the rule again. Umi no Misaki. From Sir Blaming.
  48. How often we get a manga about polyandry? Two guys, one woman, married together. It's interesting, and i need to see how this end for various reason. For My Bride is His Wife. From striferser.
  49. It's a very surreal story in a surreal scenario and yet it feels somewhat realistic in the portrayal of the uglier part of the human race. For Super-Conductive Brains: Parataxis. From Lain. (rev)
  50. I feel like I've glimpsed some important truth of the universe here. For 346 Monster Girl Production (doujin). From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  51. Stellar character development, especially for the MC Meng Hao, crazy imaginative world and places and techniques, side characters actually stay relevant and much more. For I Shall Seal the Heavens. From Ascheroth. (web novel)
  52. Furyous with a list of web novel recommendations: Reincarnator, Reincarnated as a Dragon's Egg, The New Gate, and Legend.
  53. Read Inari Konkon if you wish to a simple, fantastical manga about working out the courage to go out with your love as you coexist with gods. For Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.. From Zweizer. (rev)
  54. Oh god. This manga is so good. Too bad it only have 8 chapters. Looking at other manga similar to this, looks like RE:monster is pretty similar on this. For Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken. From Lexxus.
  55. WTF did i just read!? It was random as fuck, but i kinda like it. For Pop Team Epic. From striferser.
  56. It was actually caused by a giant, overprotective cutewitch in the sky. For My First Planet (one shot). From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  57. Bakugou is way more realistic and easy going and concerning about friendship and being partners and a team player than many times in the source material that he is given. For Otomari Hero (doujin). From Dedication Through Light. (lol)
  58. Yuri series about two estranged sisters, who become reunited through the power of a Childhood Promise. For Sayuri's Little Sister is An Angel. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  59. A guy with zero self confidence getting roped into joining the Art Squad, a club that does all the busy body work of the film clubs on campus. For Behind the Scenes Vol 1. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  60. A genius linguist assigned to break werewolves codes to win a war. For Luger Code 1951. From striferser. (imp)
  61. It still a feel good story about ideal teaching situation that criticize Japan fascination with high grade and getting to a good university to lead a good life. For Assassination Classroom. From striferser. (rev)
  62. A highschooler got outed as gay by his schoolmates, and he try to hide it. Afraid of being discriminated, he lied to others, but at the same time, it make him depressed. He later meets Anonymous, a mysterious woman who's known to help others with their problem. For Shimanami Tasogare. From striferser.
  63. Comedy series featuring the antics of an aspiring (read: useless) magician and her after-school club. For Tejina Senpai 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  64. Overall I did enjoy my time with it, I loved the underlying mysteries and themes, I would have enjoyed it more if the third part wasn't just a trainwreck. For 21st Century Boys. From Taruanto. (rev)
  65. Despite the stupid LN name, this is actually somewhat interesting. Dude gets transported to a fantasy world trope except he's pretty nonchalant about it. For Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen. From OniBarubary.
  66. Crime solving series about a detective with an unorthodox form of amnesia. For Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  67. As with every Kei Tome manga, what I like the most is the atmosphere and art/character art. For Mahoromi - Jikuu Kensetsu Genshitan Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  68. I really enjoyed this first volume story wise. Great art too. For The Ghost Tower Vol 1. From Lain. (imp)
  69. Not too bad, the cases have been decently interesting and I don't hate the characters so it's a decent read. For School Judgment Vol 1. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  70. striferser with impressions for Gentle man and An Always-Available Man.
  71. Happy to see that my favorite BL series I read last year, Umibe no Etranger, not only has a sequel, but that there is a group who is providing timely translations! It seems we are going to have more interaction with the families of our 2 protagonists, which should be fun. For Harukaze no Etranger 01. From bigkrev.
  72. A synopsis of Ancient Magus Bride by ColossalLazy.
  73. Cute and interesting webmanga about a dude who joins an evil organization as a part-time job in order to make money for his adopted brothers and sisters. For BAITO SAKI WA "AKU NO SOSHIKI"?!. From OniBarubary. (rev)
  74. Is there any greater pairing of words in human language than 'yandere' and 'yuri'? I think not. Sadly, much like Mio's haircut, this was far too short. For Rapunzel (one shot). From A Huge Battleship.
  75. I give the premise a 7. For Furumapura 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  76. Cute short yuri story about swapping the belongings of your love in order to get mentally closer to her. For Swap (one shot, Shimoda Asami). From Zweizer.
  77. Oh well, that was a decent story at times. For Green Worldz. From Dedication Through Light. (????....)
  78. Exactly what you expect from a mahjong manga. For Testumaki no Kirinji. From striferser. (imp)
  79. Zombies, chainsaws and high-school girls. Gratuitous violence, puerile humour and bizarre facial expressions. I lost enough IQ points reading this that the zombies that featured are now smarter than me. For Chimamire Sukeban Chainsaw 01. From A Huge Battleship.
  80. Decent read, has dog girls. Would read more. For Isekai Tensei Soudouki. From Tripon. (rev)
  81. This one is a bit odd to comment on seeing as it's a manga written by a Mangaka about his own marriage. For Chuugoku Yome Nikki. From dani_dc. (rev)
  82. A girl and a boy training soccer together. it's lewd, that's all you need to know. For Mai Ball. From striferser.
  83. A happy and cute stories about a girl and her cat boyfriend. For Odette. From striferser. (rev)
  84. You'll have to speak louder, I'm a little death in one ear. For You will hear the voice of the dead 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  85. The Ace of the Bass Club is an excellent high school AU of the high school baseball series, Ace of Diamond. I love how everyone still retains their same character traits and what not except now as it deals with being in a music club. So many great moments. For Daiya No B. From Dedication Through Light.
  86. Well the spring arc is going pretty well with the new first years who have all sorts of interesting character. For ce of Diamond Act II. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  87. The story of a studious and (seemingly) proper daughter of an erotic novelist, who is trying hard to try and deal with a crush while her father's influence is slowly surfacing. Pretty fun so far. For Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai. From Zweizer.
  88. Cute little manga with gorgeous but not-fantastic art that goes by way too fast and has little to no actual plot or drama. For Girl's Ride. From Jintor. (rev)
  89. Not sure if straight hentai, or just incredibly smutty manga. For Sstudy. From zeromcd73.
  90. This is a really heartwarming cute little story about the travel of a man-like golem and a human child. For Somali and the Forest Spirit. From Endless Sky. (rev)
  91. Short collection of zany and/or ecchi stories. For Nonscale. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  92. Really nice art, fantasy setting, tons of nature, chill slice of life. You're not gonna hear any complaints from me. For Hakumei to Mikochi 01. From upandaway.
  93. Mengo knows how to make stuff lewd. For Retort Pouch!. From Shun. (imp)
  94. It's not often i feel this emotional when reading a manga. So yes, i recommend this manga wholeheartedly. For Kakukaku Shikajika. From striferser. (rec)
  95. A surprising number of clever ideas here, which compensated for the generally unappealing art and characters. For Akumu Koushounin. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  96. A new continuity with Ryoma Nagare as a pretty different character from his usual self. For Getter Robo Devolution - The Last Three Minutes of the Universe. From ArclightBorealis. (imp)
  97. Quite good. I enjoy the trick and how hotblooded the protag is. For Legendary Gambler Tetsuya. From striferser. (imp)
  98. LOVE the art. The manga was not as good as Sanctuary but I enjoyed it a lot. For Crying Freeman. From Stinky. (rec) (additional bit about Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and Freesia)
  99. Battles are frantic without being confusing, gunshot panels pack punch, and the characters even draw up plans / discuss tactics, which is kind of neat. For Groundless - The One-Eyed Sniper. From Semblance. (imp)
  100. Holy crap this is cute. And educational! For Hanayome wa Motodanshi. From jonjonaug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom