• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

MajorMane

Should really edit in the thing about W10/XBO probable exclusivity into the OP so people's hopes and dreams can be crushed right away.

jackdoe

Be upset now so you don't have any inkling of being pissed off later.
Haha. The only way Capcom games not named Resident Evil to come out on home consoles is for Sony, MS, or Nintendo to foot a good portion of the bill. If this rumor is actually true, I expect Xbox One and maybe Windows 10 store exclusive.

mejin

Well, there's a full town to explore, if we go back by the rumors. Think of it like Resident Evil Rebirth, same thing, but totally different. If that makes any sense. :3

pIvKZxD.gif

Well, there's a full town to explore, if we go back by the rumors. Think of it like Resident Evil Rebirth, same thing, but totally different. If that makes any sense. :3

I like having the game world actually move forward, this just means I could just go and replay any of the other dead risings instead; I don't even like frank that much.

If possible, I'd love to see the title updated to Win10/XBO exclusive. Don't want people super disappointed coming in here expecting it for PS4 :/

Also, just wanna confirm the servbot head piece in the event that anyone was worried it wouldn't return. On top of that, the town is snowy, and there are stuff like Christmas lights strung around and giant Christmas trees.

And if you're worried about Frank's look, he looks way better in a recent build than he does in those screenshots IMO.

Montresor

If possible, I'd love to see the title updated to Win10/XBO exclusive. Don't want people super disappointed coming in here expecting it for PS4 :/

Also, just wanna confirm the servbot head piece in the event that anyone was worried it wouldn't return. :)

All I needed from you is to confirm the Christmas/snow theme - that news alone has gotten me so excited that I plan on playing DR2, Case West, and DR3. Previously I only played DR1 and Case Zero.

Honestly Christmas/snow elevates this game to a must purchase for me. I'm really excited about this game and I can see it being a highlight of Microsoft's conference. This E3 will be great. :)

8bit

Knows the Score

Also, just wanna confirm the servbot head piece in the event that anyone was worried it wouldn't return. On top of that, the town is snowy, and there are stuff like Christmas lights strung around and giant Christmas trees.

And if you're worried about Frank's look, he looks way better in a recent build than he does in those screenshots IMO.

Is Gone Guru returning?

All I needed from you is to confirm the Christmas/snow theme - that news alone has gotten me so excited that I plan on playing DR2, Case West, and DR3. Previously I only played DR1 and Case Zero.

Honestly Christmas/snow elevates this game to a must purchase for me. I'm really excited about this game and I can see it being a highlight of Microsoft's conference. This E3 will be great. :)

I'm with you on that. It's my most anticipated game (not including Legion) solely because of that. It's part of why I loved The Division's NYC @ Christmas setting, and why Arkham Origins is my favourite Arkham game (for the time being)

Is Gone Guru returning?

Not sure. I really hope so. Dead Rising isn't Dead Rising without Life Seeker

I just hope they handle the time limit better this time around. Design the game around it first, THEN add in a sandbox mode that disables it. DR3's way of doing it was garbage; while it had a time limit, it was way too lenient, and then the "nightmare mode" just sped everything up and forced you to save at bathrooms, but didn't even bother to put the bathrooms on the map screen.

Nyoro SF

Those of you not happy with 4 player co-op for Dead Rising - have you played the Super Ultra Alpha whatever it's called DLC for DR3? When you can actually connect to 3 other people in the party, the co-op is the greatest thing to happen in Dead Rising.

Co-op is fun, but it's pretty much impossible to balance bosses or major events against the potential of 1-4 players unless the dev puts in a herculean amount of legwork or turns them into bullet / damage sponges. So that's the tradeoff.

bidguy

Banned
I'm with you on that. It's my most anticipated game (not including Legion) solely because of that. It's part of why I loved The Division's NYC @ Christmas setting, and why Arkham Origins is my favourite Arkham game (for the time being)

is the game focused on sp or coop?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Reimagining of DR1 is real?

I might have to buy an Xbone

Why buy an Xbox One when you can get it on PC?

What's better than being at work sitting at a desk in front of a computer for 8 hours, only to come home and then sit at another desk for 2 or 3 hours in front of a computer?

MisterHero

What's better than being at work sitting at a desk in front of a computer for 8 hours, only to come home and then sit at another desk for 2 or 3 hours in front of a computer?
lmao.

I really do need to look into a modern gaming PC. Kind of need one for modern art software anyways

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
lmao.

I really do need to look into a modern gaming PC. Kind of need one for modern art software anyways

Yeah I got a Surface Pro 4, but it can't really run games, so I'm thinking about buying a Surface Book instead. Will still run Adobe stuff but should be able to handle most games at minimum to medium specs.

With the whole Xbox/Windows integration, I really want a gaming PC now, which I've never cared about before.

What's with the unwarranted fanboyism

just being cheeky. MisterHero got it.

Relax, you can still play DR1 if you like that game so much. Personally, if they even out the time crunch, fix the AI, give me a big world to dick around in, plop me in with some great modes, make leveling up inbetween being broken and useless, and give me rad boss fights, I'm in.

Hell, Frank is like in his 50s by DR3, and the story, from what I remember of it anyways, is about rapped up. Introducing all that public shit in 2 really shoehorned them, so a reboot is fine in my eyes.

Justinh

try not to delay this one, please
LMAO

Oh God, you got the song stuck in my head and I haven't even clicked the link yet.
preedit edit: yep, sure did...

Hoo boy, even though I hate Frank West, I'm stoked for this if true. Dead Rising is my favorite in the series (DR 3 being second). I don't really care about co-op. I've never played any of the games co-op and I'll probably play this one solo too.

I just hope there's a Nightmare mode. Without the timer, I honestly find the game (Dead Rising 3, that is) boring. Plus, there better be some sweet Mega Man related unlock for beating it with the best ending again in Nightmare Mode.

Warablo

I was always a fan of this series but never could get into it. Made it through some of 1, and couldn't stomach 3.

creatchee

Bro....

This is how I get down on some PC gaming:

yD3FBdp.jpg

creatchee

Lol I have that same exact volume remote (for my Vizio soundbar).

That looks like a nasty setup though - how the hell are you supposed to get out of your couch conveniently/comfortably? *shudder*

Oh yes! I love the soundbar. Gets great volume and the sub is reasonably robust for a value package.

The top part isn't secured to the cushions - it just sits on top of them.

https://www.steigerdynamics.com/products-couchmaster-features

ElRenoRaven

You know if this is a remake I'm going to be in hog heaven. More so if it's got a Christmas setting. The only thing I'll beg for is options. Give us a traditional timer mode and one that is done like the original was on WII. Even if the mode where you can take your time and complete the campaign at your pace has no achievements and only 1 ending I'll take it.

You make it sound as though this is coming this year.

Am looking forward to it though. Will be nice bouncing between Recore's Desert, and DR's Snow.

Now where's my Ryse sequel?

Top Bottom