• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

If I'm signed in on my vita and the system is powered down (not in standby) should my account have that yellow/orange "unavailable" online status?

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48790194.html

GarapooGK seems to have flying get on one of the magazines and posted cryptic messages. One of them is "PSVita's That 2".

Possibly Freedom Wars 2, considering some promotions from that were still happening some weeks/months ago.

I hope random (F2P elements) is out and have more enemy types. Not going to buy it day 1 but if I like what I see, maybe I'll go for it.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48790194.html

GarapooGK seems to have flying get on one of the magazines and posted cryptic messages. One of them is "PSVita's That 2".

Possibly Freedom Wars 2, considering some promotions from that were still happening some weeks/months ago.

I hope random (F2P elements) is out and have more enemy types. Not going to buy it day 1 but if I like what I see, maybe I'll go for it.

I find this almost impossible to believe, lol.

I find this almost impossible to believe, lol.

Not really. IIRC Yoshida mentioned that he wanted to bring games like Gravity Daze and Freedom Wars to PS4 (can't be bothered to search for source since that was more than a year ago).

That and they were still doing that Propaganda Idol shit for Freedom Wars. AFAIK, it's not like they have other projects (manga/etc) going for it. They just had one last month.

But ehh, it's a cryptic leak like always (and I don't even know how 2ch/bloggers manage to decode them @_@). We'll probably find out more tomorrow/later. Or maybe in a few weeks.

Not really. IIRC Yoshida mentioned that he wanted to bring games like Gravity Daze and Freedom Wars to PS4 (can't be bothered to search for source since that was more than a year ago).

That and they were still doing that Propaganda Idol shit for Freedom Wars. AFAIK, it's not like they have other projects (manga/etc) going for it. They just had one last month.

But ehh, it's a cryptic leak like always (and I don't even know how 2ch/bloggers manage to decode them @_@). We'll probably find out more tomorrow/later. Or maybe in a few weeks.

Oh, I didn't even interpret what you were saying as meaning they're bringing the sequel to a Vita game to PS4. Now that I could believe.

RK128

Yeah i'm starting to wonder if TX will be localized for Vita, if there was a EX+ for Vita then it would have been confirmed, but i can't see TX and TX EX+ released at the same time.

Anyway let's be happy for the localizations of Summon Night 6(by Gajinworks) and Fate/Extella, Akiba's Beat, Trails of Cold Steel 2 and others(by XSEED)

While it sucks we likely won't get TX for Vita, I am very happy and surprised with Summon Night 6 coming over. I had a great time playing the fifth game last fall so I really hope the sixth game is a lot of fun when we play it early next year :).

Sondar

Mega Man Legends 2 is on sale for $2.49. Will grab it at that price & it can sit happily next to the first one, to be played some time in the future!

Yeah i'm starting to wonder if TX will be localized for Vita, if there was a EX+ for Vita then it would have been confirmed, but i can't see TX and TX EX+ released at the same time.

I'm actually doubting if I should still buy Vita Ys 8 LE (or at all) or just wait and see if they're gonna pull this shit again just a year later and not patch it for the Vita ver. It's on my list since I did like Celceta more (overall) than I did Tokyo Xanadu plus I like the visuals for Ys8.

Kinda bummed, honestly, since Falcom didn't seem to do "enhanced versions" themselves. Most I've heard were ports done by other companies (Kadokawa's EVOLUTION) or their remakes that were supposedly "completely different game".

incpdo

While it sucks we likely won't get TX for Vita, I am very happy and surprised with Summon Night 6 coming over. I had a great time playing the fifth game last fall so I really hope the sixth game is a lot of fun when we play it early next year :).

YES!! Summon night 6 made my day , not only western release but physical too.
I love these games.

sora87

Don't really know where else to ask this, is there a reason all my recent activity is gone and I'm now apparently playing things for the first time? It's happened on most of my friends activity feeds when I check them out too.

Don't really know where else to ask this, is there a reason all my recent activity is gone and I'm now apparently playing things for the first time? It's happened on most of my friends activity feeds when I check them out too.

Did you rebuild your database? If yes, then that's the reason.

Menitta

I have a question and I figured this was the best place to ask. If I start the PSNow trial and then remove my card info, I won't be charged, right? I know it's kind of a dumb question, but I'm incredibly paranoid about everything.

Massa

I have a question and I figured this was the best place to ask. If I start the PSNow trial and then remove my card info, I won't be charged, right? I know it's kind of a dumb question, but I'm incredibly paranoid about everything.

It will use money in your wallet if there's any. Your best bet is to simply disable auto-renewal on their website.

Prelude.

I changed my opinion on Grand Kingdom now that NISA gave Vita owners the chance to actually play the demo. I didn't try the war/online stuff yet, and only played the SP missions available in the demo, but it seems pretty good. Combat is fun and snappy and even though the "battle art" isn't amazing, the portraits are a lot better.

It's kinda puzzling how you're locked out of changing the dub to the jp one until you finish the 1st chapter, after creating 4 characters (and having to choose their english voices), forcing you to play 40-ish minutes with the english dub, but whatever, at least there's the option.

Still not day 1 since I have a lot of stuff to play (and ZTD is pretty close), but now I'm more inclined to buy it eventually.

Ventara

Just got Odin Sphere today! Really exited to start this one, though I had started Atelier Ayesha a few days ago since Amazon told me I won't get the game for another 2 weeks. Not sure if I should drop Ayesha or finish it first. I've put in 12 hours already and I just know that if I put it aside, I'll forget everything about it and have to start over.

Edit: The bonus artbook that came with the game is magnificent. It's similar in size to the one that came with Dragon's Crown. Really wish there was one for Muramasa.

I'm kind of down on ZTD, even though I am happy that it's coming.

I was so excited for it, but the more trailers I see, the more blocky it looks technically. Uchikoshi I bet was just trying to please the shareholders by driving the tech behind the game forward but boy does it look rough. VLR had 3D characters and backgrounds but at least the narrative was told in a VN viewpoint, ZTD attempts to be cinematic and just utterly fails at it. I feel no tension whatsoever watching the trailers. That sense of dread that came from me reading the graphic and violent paragraphs of text in 999, or the way 3D was used in VLR in a static form with text filling the lines... it all came from my own head. ZTD with its "cinematic" approach leaves nothing to the imagination and you are left with something that you must watch.

I'm getting the game for the story, but my mood going into it is not very positive pretty much :(

deadfolk

I'm kind of down on ZTD, even though I am happy that it's coming.

I was so excited for it, but the more trailers I see, the more blocky it looks technically. Uchikoshi I bet was just trying to please the shareholders by driving the tech behind the game forward but boy does it look rough. VLR had 3D characters and backgrounds but at least the narrative was told in a VN viewpoint, ZTD attempts to be cinematic and just utterly fails at it. I feel no tension whatsoever watching the trailers. That sense of dread that came from me reading the graphic and violent paragraphs of text in 999, or the way 3D was used in VLR in a static form with text filling the lines... it all came from my own head. ZTD with its "cinematic" approach leaves nothing to the imagination and you are left with something that you must watch.

I'm getting the game for the story, but my mood going into it is not very positive pretty much :(

<fingers in ears>

Lalalalala....I'm not listening...

Kudo

Vita just keeps on giving.
Checked out new pictures of Mary Skelter and Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates, both look awesome, then friend linked me Reco Love..
I've somehow managed to miss the announcement and seeing it now it pretty quickly jumped on my "looking forward to" list. It's just a dating sim, but damn does it look good.
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/reco-love-debut-trailer-gameplay

I wonder if Compile Heart plans to release Seven Pirates in Asia with English subtitles?

incpdo

Just in case some people are missing the news from the upcoming Vita thread i leave this here too:

News from end of may/early june 2016.
[NA]
Bard&#8217;s Gold June 17 2016
LEgo Star Wars the Force Awakens June 28 2016(old news)
LUMO June 2016
Attractio June 2016 (confirmed by developer 2 hours ago)
Gundam Extreme vs Force digital only July 12 2016
World of Final Fantasy October 25 2016
Yomawari: Night Alone October 25 2016
Dragon Quest Builders October 2016

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Fall 2016
Shantae: Half Genie Heroe Fall 2016
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Winter 2016
Akiba&#8217;s Beat Winter 2016
Exile&#8217;s End Summer 2016
Cosmic Star Heroine Summer 2016 (14,99 in NA)
Nuclear Golf Summer 2016
Steins;Gate 0 TBA 2016
Romancing Saga 2 TBA 2016
Summon night 6 2017 physical/digital
Touhou GEnso Wanderer 2017 physical/digital

[Japan only]

Demon Gaze II Fall 2016
Uppers July 12 2016
Super Robot Wars V 2017 (english subtitles for the asia version)
Reco Love: Blue Ocean August 25 2016
Reco Love: Gold Beach August 25 2016

[Misc]

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X rated in Australia

FFIX HD Remaster [Rumor]

Powwa

All these news are great but besides Summon Night 6 there aren't any surprises are there?

I will be really disappointed if we don't hear about TX and Net High localization this year.
For Vita

RK128

All these news are great but besides Summon Night 6 there aren't any surprises are there?

I will be really disappointed if we don't hear about TX and Net High localization this year.
For Vita

At the very least people will be able to play them on the PS4 rather them being trapped in Japan. Its a matter of 'wait and see' with those games (same with Uppers and Vakary Drive).

Prelude.

Grand Kingdom left me wanting for more, but not being able to progress after the 2nd mission leaves you so underleveled that the online stuff gets pretty pointless and not really worth playing.

NISA just said that the Vita demo is coming out soon, but won't release on PS4 until launch, lol.

Yeah that does not bode well with me. And yeah, #soon. Not in an hour, two. Soon. I've never seen anything go live past 9PM EST, so I doubt we will be getting anything. And even if we did its almost bed time for me and everyone else LOL. What a mess.

Anyone else find that Recent Activities on PS4 isn't working as it used to? Now it only seems to show when someone plays a game for the first time, adds a friend or earns a trophy. Before you could see what people have been playing lately etc.

The promo video for Reco Love seems to be... weird... and disappointing.

It looks barely more than the photoshoots in PhotoKano. I was kinda hoping it would be more common in the game where you're recording "cute girls doing cute things" in a non-gravure way. On top of my head, something more like when you get to shoot Mai doing her rhythmic gymnastics (?) in PhotoKano.

Needs more trailer pls.

I actually love the game system in Photo Kano, so I'll get at least one of them.

It boasts 1.5x the PhotoKano (Kiss) scenes across two games. I really hope that that does mean 90% of those are shared between two games. Or at least have some sort of save-sharing/syncing feature so you only have to unlock stuff once.

Also, KH 2.8 has a playable Aqua? I'm in.

Top Bottom