• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO to make A Song of Ice and Fire series!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokkun

Sirpopopop said:
Sounds like someone is leaving some facts out in their one-sided assault here:

Because, after all, she knew that Bran and Rickard were still alive, right... Because, she knew that Ned was going to come back to life in an instant. Because she knew that the Lannisters were good folks who were going to take care of her remaining children with grace and dignity, because that's just what they do.

Sheesh, have some perspective.

I don't understand what your point is. All you are doing is restating the post I was originally replying to in a snide way.

methodman

Banned
Holy shit, Elena Satine is fuckin hot.

48942b5475a05.jpg

tino

Banned
Sirpopopop said:
Sounds like someone is leaving some facts out in their one-sided assault here:

Because, after all, she knew that Bran and Rickard were still alive, right... Because, she knew that Ned was going to come back to life in an instant. Because she knew that the Lannisters were good folks who were going to take care of her remaining children with grace and dignity, because that's just what they do.

Sheesh, have some perspective.

Her chapters are hands down the most dreadful chapters to read. They are even worst than Brineen's Chapters, which, let's face it, should belong to a complimentary book instead of the main series.

Elena Santine is definitely hot but not really Dany for me, Merchant is more of how I saw her. I wonder why she's being replaced? Well I hope whoever wind up playing Dany does a good job. Still, as long as Bean and Dinklage are in, they can cast whoever the fuck they want.

m3k

Chairman Yang said:
There's no better fantasy series out there.

lol and all this time i thought the other thread about the song of fire and ice was a song from final fantasy or something and never clicked on the thread lol i will go read

tokkun said:
I don't understand what your point is. All you are doing is restating the post I was originally replying to in a snide way.

You continue to assume she is supposed to react logically and calmly here.

In any case, tell me how Robb's actions were much better than Catelyn's actions.

If anyone made a huge mistake, it was Robb. Yet, no one ever rakes him over the coals for it.

tino said:
Her chapters are hands down the most dreadful chapters to read. They are even worst than Brineen's Chapters, which, let's face it, should belong to a complimentary book instead of the main series.

There's a difference between disliking a character, and disliking how the character's story is written.

I like Brienne as a character. However, I agree with you, in that her chapters were a chore to read.

Azrael

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Elena Santine is definitely hot but not really Dany for me, Merchant is more of how I saw her. I wonder why she's being replaced? Well I hope whoever wind up playing Dany does a good job. Still, as long as Bean and Dinklage are in, they can cast whoever the fuck they want.

westeros.org seems to think Tamzin Merchant is not out, but they're auditioning other actresses in the event that she has to leave the production.

LCfiner

PhoenixDark said:
I was gonna follow her and Sansa on twitter, then I was like wtf am I doing

:lol

it's true. we get so used to following people on twitter and then stop and think, why the fuck would I follow a 10 year old kid's ramblings?

kurahadol

Can't wait for this. Finally getting through the series now. Finished Game of Thrones a few days ago and I'm about 120 pages into Clash of Kings. I tread carefully in these threads though so I don't get epic things spoiled :lol

LCfiner

kurahadol said:
Can't wait for this. Finally getting through the series now. Finished Game of Thrones a few days ago and I'm about 120 pages into Clash of Kings. I tread carefully in these threads though so I don't get epic things spoiled :lol

I almost had some serious Storm Of Swords spoiled ruined for me earlier. I was lucky I averted my eyes in time.

Dresden

Kodiak said:
it's really hard to say anything about arya without sounding like a pedo-joke.
I guess Jon giving her the Needle was a subtle commentary about the size of his penis.

Poor Ygritte.

Van Owen

Banned
rhfb said:
That sword looks really big for "Needle" :| At least like 6" too long. BUT WHATEVER

It's apparently a full scale replica. It's officially licensed, so it's probably accurate to Martin's vision.

moojito

Yeah, without getting all weird, you couldn't imagine someone like that being called "horse face". I got the impression Arya was a bit more like a young Brienne. Though who would be the person to step up and tell a casting room full of parents "no, your kid isn't ugly enough.. nope, neither is your kid, or yours.... now *your* kid is an absolute minger! Perfect!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom