• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

Kyzer

Banned
BowieZ said:
Two Delfino-style galaxy screens have been released so far.

EDIT: Sorry, make that four lol

I can only make out one that is definitely Delfino. The others could just be random water levels.

batbeg

heringer said:
The 2D part (World 1-1) one scan show is exactly what I expected from New Super Mario Wii's graphics. Amazing.

Eh... I'm happier with the aesthetic of NSMBWii. Those particular 2D shots wouldn't have held my interest throughout a 2D game with that approach.

BowieZ

Banned
Kyzer said:
I can only make out one that is definitely Delfino. The others could just be random water levels.
There was a second one released in the latest Nintendo Power. And if you look closely at the two Red Yoshi water levels, you can make out Delfino detailing in the distance.

batbeg said:
Eh... I'm happier with the aesthetic of NSMBWii. Those particular 2D shots wouldn't have held my interest throughout a 2D game with that approach.
I really love the NSMBW graphics, but I certainly wouldn't have turned down this even 3Dier style of graphics. :p

kadotsu

Banned
I would love to have a level dedicated to Fludd+Planetoid
or Poltergust 3000
mechanics but it's never going to happen.

The_Technomancer said:
:lol Oh man, I can totally see like, the game opens. Princess Peach's letter pops up, inviting Mario to the castle. He pops out of the pipe with "its-a me, Mario!" and begins the sidescrolling 1-1 level. Than a luma shows up, tells him that Peach is in trouble, and *dramatic chord* the camera shifts to 3-D

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
pakkit said:
Probably a DVD explaining how to play the Super Mario Galaxy games, with gameplay tips/advice.

If only it was possible to play that DVD on the Wii.

*shakes head*

It's amazing how much their decisions in designing the Wii before launch have negatively impacted their best post-launch ideas. No user profiles, no DVD playback, no storage support for demos, no game patches supported, etc.

MYE

batbeg said:

we only have crappy scans of small screenshots :/

batbeg

MYE said:

we only have crappy scans of small screenshots :/

And I don't think the style of those shots would work in a 2D platformer. Given that the shots are directly referencing a level we're all familiar with, I don't see it as that difficult to understand. I'd be happier if NSMBWii were graphically superior to what it is, but as far as the colors and backgrounds are concerned, I prefer what we got.

Mafro

Just seen the scans, this pretty much sums up my reaction:

208gui0.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BowieZ said:
So is that really the score it got? I didn't think Famitsu reviewed games till much closer to release?

I want to know too. Same score as the original; 10, 9, 9, 10.

hitsugi

looks like it's finally time for me to pick up a Wii.. so many games to catch up on and enjoy :D now to find a good bundle pack with those damn controllers

BowieZ

Banned
EatChildren said:
I want to know too. Same score as the original; 10, 9, 9, 10.
A few posts up, Sammy clarified that that was merely the original's score reprinted. Perhaps the article was like, saying, 'oh hey, Galaxy didn't get a perfect score, so will Galaxy 2? Find out next month!'

And of course, judging by those screencaps, Galaxy 2 is a perfect game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BowieZ said:
A few posts up, Sammy clarified that that was merely the original's score reprinted. Perhaps the article was like, saying, 'oh hey, Galaxy didn't get a perfect score, so will Galaxy 2? Find out next month!'

Cool beans.

We still havent seen any shots of the fur shaded grass since the E3 trailer. I wonder if they gave it the boot.

Nah, it's Famitsu standard to put scores for the last entry in the series, if you look for Basara 3 scans you'll see they also have Basara 2 review score (8899).

mclem

ILikeFeet said:
saw the scans. Yoshi running on water gives me a Sunshine feel. I like that

Despite the fact that that was one of the things you really wanted Yoshi to have nothing to do with in Sunshine? :)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
BowieZ said:

perfect-ER

if that's possible

swerve

Peach's Invite reads:

Dear Mario,

Do you fancy watching the shooting stars, whilst eating cake?

I'll be waiting at the castle.

Peach.

The story stuff reads:

'This is one more stardust fairytale. Only once in a hundred years does stardust fall on the mushroom kingdom. As such, Peach invites Mario to the castle to watch. On his way over, Mario spots a mysterious light. He cautiously approaches it, and finds... a small, lost baby star. The star - 'Baby Chico' - follows Mario to the castle, but what is waiting for them there is...'

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY HAVE HAPPENED? :)

The main addition to 'assist play' this time appears to be that you can make Baby Chico use a spin attack to actually take out enemies rather than just pause their movement.

zigg

Well, crap, now I'm going to be calling that little guy Baby Chico instead of whatever name NOA assigns it.

(I can already hear my 3-year-old saying "Daddy, I play Baby Chico?")

BowieZ

Banned
There seems to be quite a lot of updates to that site now! And most of that can be translated easily using Google Chrome's "inspect element" and Google's Translator. God bless Google.

Also:

2s6k67a.png

I sincerely hope there's at least one Yoshi fruit being kept absolutely secret towards the end-game. I want to see dark-blue Yoshi with wings! :'(

Galang

Banned
BowieZ said:
I sincerely hope there's at least one Yoshi fruit being kept absolutely secret towards the end-game. I want to see dark-blue Yoshi with wings! :'(

That would be awesome, I think there'll be a few more to be revealed personally. I'd like to see the White & Black Yoshi return too.

BowieZ

Banned
Holy shit, these videos give away so much!

Shadow Marios
New music (Ghost House theme, Puzzle Plank, Gusty Garden song removed from that trailer theme)
At least 2 new Galaxies
etc

BowieZ said:
Holy shit, these videos give away so much!

Shadow Marios
New music (Ghost House theme, Puzzle Plank, Gusty Garden song removed from that trailer theme)
At least 2 new Galaxies
etc
We've known about Shadow Marios since E3 last year.

BowieZ

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
We've known about Shadow Marios since E3 last year.
Well, I mean, we get to see them in clearer detail and it seems to prove that they're simply a replication of Mario's movement rather than an enemy (of which some people were for some reason certain), and they're not necessarily associated with Purple Coins.

Also: Two new Bowser (and Jr.) Galaxy themes unveiled! :eek: One of them sounds like it came right out of a Tchaikovsky piece! And the Bowser's Road piece from SM64 and SMG has been fully orchestrated this time! =O

BowieZ said:
Also: Two new Bowser (and Jr.) Galaxy themes unveiled! :eek: One of them sounds like it came right out of a Tchaikovsky piece! And the Bowser's Road piece from SM64 and SMG has been fully orchestrated this time! =O

WHERE

OH GOD WHERE

[Nintex]

Miau said:
Holy shit the music. O_O

Fuck NOE and your June shenanigans
FUCK NOE UP THE ASS WITH A COPY OF JAM WITH THE BAND THAT WAS RELEASED HERE FIVE YEARS LATE GODDAMMIT

Oh and push a delayed copy of Smash Bros. Brawl up their shithole as well

and shove in another imported copy of ExciteBots

don't forget to reserve some space for Metroid Other M

fuckers

Top Bottom