• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 12th

Loris146

You posted that in May it sold under 72k :-|

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Ryng_tolu

Banned
You must be mistaking me for someone else. I never post numbers like that.

May NPD 2016:
"Aggregate too high on all console plats."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206249301&postcount=715

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - May-2016

1. PS4 - 213K
2. XB1 - 139K
3. 3DS - 72K
4. WIU - 29K

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206209205&postcount=655

In any case, neither of the lines you posted is correct.

Well, this is good then. 3DS did better than i though the last two month.

donny2112

Ok so, it may be a TOTALLY COINCIDENCE that just after Pokémon GO 3DS and Pokémon started to killing it on Amazon, but so far that's what we looking at...

Prime Day had the system at $25 off. Prime Day can make a big difference, but Pokemon Go might've gotten people interested in the regular games, too, of which 3DS is the only system to play the current ones on.

Mooreberg

Cannot say I am surprised at the Mirror's Edge numbers. I ordered it for $24.99 from Amazon on "Prime Day" barely a month after release. And it looks like Battleborn will be hitting F2P a lot faster than Evolve did. Looks like Deus Ex could be the one game delayed out of February that isn't a complete bomb. Overwatch/Doom/Uncharted was not something a smart publisher would want to contend with, or immediately follow.

People having to self ban themselves for posting sales figures. It's crazy to look back on the days when we just knew how much something sold and got to watch PR go to war.

donny2112

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Jun-2016

1. PS4 - 241K
2. XB1 - 159K
3. 3DS - 88K
4. WIU - 28K

PS4 - Really close
XB1 - Really under
WIU - *statistical noise*

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Prime Day had the system at $25 off. Prime Day can make a big difference, but Pokemon Go might've gotten people interested in the regular games, too, of which 3DS is the only system to play the current ones on.

Ah! I was actually correct in suggesting there could have been a Prime Day deal involved. We'll have to see what happens to 3DS hardware once the Prime Day deal's effect wears off (especially when 3DS goes back to its current MSRP: it's still 174.99). Also, the Black New 3DS XL is now out of stock.

However, I'd say it's safe to say Pokemon games have seen substantial increases in the past week (at least on Amazon.com), as testified by the upcoming mains rising, alongside all the titles on 3DS showing up in top 100 (actually, more like top 60), including the VC release of Pokemon Yellow. Also, Omega Ruby is currently not available through Amazon.com. The same happened to X (then came back in stock) the past week.

Sterok

How probable is it that 3DS will be best-selling console in July?

I've thought about this, but nah. It'll probably beat expectations, but I doubt the boost will be that high when Pokemon isn't releasing this month. And most Monster Hunter fans should already have a 3DS, so that bump won't do much either.

Now Monster Hunter, that is going to chart well in July.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
3DS black sold out on Amazon. :O

3DS Red still doing insane :p

How probable is it that 3DS will be best-selling console in July?

3DS > XB1

Call it now

It won't beat PS4 though...

Now Monster Hunter, that is going to chart well in July.

Eh, if is gonna chart well i don't know, cause now NPD include digital for all third games while for games like Monster Hunter will be counted only retail... but it will sell good, yes no doubt about this.

I expect in the 200K territory.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Jun-2016

1. PS4 - 241K
2. XB1 - 159K
3. 3DS - 88K
4. WIU - 28K

PS4 - Really close
XB1 - Really under
WIU - *statistical noise*

You can also say 3DS under, we know it's over 100K. :D

I was one of the 388.4K on GBA numbers opening week, since Wal-Mart data was included, then. (^_^)

I never bought GBA when it was release ( i was only 2 lol), but i played it many times with my friends in 2003/2004, i believe Pokémon Shappire was one of my first games ever... :D

Of course i have it now, and is still so amazing.

RexNovis

Banned
You can also say 3DS under, we know it's over 100K. :D

I never bought GBA when it was release ( i was only 2 lol), but i played it many times with my friends in 2003/2004, i believe Pokémon Shappire was one of my first games ever... :D

Do you just enjoy making people feel older than dirt?!? I swear between you, Javin, and Welfare it's enough to make ya feel downright prehistoric.

donny2112

Do you just enjoy making people feel older than dirt?!? I swear between you, Javin, and Welfare it's enough to make ya feel downright prehistoric.

You're old when you hit 24. Everything past that is still old. Therefore the amount past 24 that you are doesn't make as much a difference. That's been my theory since pre-24, anyways.

I always liked this little diddy, too.
(Contradicts my personal philosophy, but I still like it.)

Code:
not old enough to know better
    old enough to know better
not old enough to know
    old enough to know
not old enough
    old enough
not old
    old
not

Welfare

I got my first GBA with the SP and got Ruby with it. One of my most played games since it was something I always had access to.

donny2112

Imagine walking into a store, launch week, to buy a brand new gaming system. The hottest of the hot. Everyone wants it. You go up. Pick your color. Go to check out. And it rings up at $99.99. That was the GBA launch.

Nintendo launched the DS at $150 and had to drop the price 8 months later to try to save some momentum. Launched the 3DS at $250, and had to crater the price 5 months later to save some momentum. Yes phones/tablets (often hand-me-downs that cost nothing*) have almost completely eroded the dedicated handheld market in the U.S., but Nintendo has helped a lot by pricing themselves out of the wonderful sub-$100 launch price that GBA was at, in my opinion.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Imagine walking into a store, launch week, to buy a brand new gaming system. The hottest of the hot. Everyone wants it. You go up. Pick your color. Go to check out. And it rings up at $99.99. That was the GBA launch.

Nintendo launched the DS at $150 and had to drop the price 8 months later to try to save some momentum. Launched the 3DS at $250, and had to crater the price 5 months later to save some momentum. Yes phones/tablets (often hand-me-downs that cost nothing*) have almost completely eroded the dedicated handheld market in the U.S., but Nintendo has helped a lot by pricing themselves out of the wonderful sub-$100 launch price that GBA was at, in my opinion.

I totally forgot GBA was sub $100 at launch lol. What a epic price at launch!

I got my first GBA with the SP and got Ruby with it. One of my most played games since it was something I always had access to.

Ruby/shappire/emerald was a legendary generation. I personally prefer gen4, but they are by far my two favourite generations.

Also, i fell sorry for you who bought the inferior version :p Kyogre is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Groudon!

#Teamshappire

Javin98

Banned
Ruby sold more than Sapphire in the US. Freedom is on my side.

#TeamRuby

Ruby/shappire/emerald was a legendary generation. I personally prefer gen4, but they are by far my two favourite generations.

Also, i fell sorry for you who bought the inferior version :p Kyogre is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Groudon!

#Teamshappire
You're both wrong. Rayquaza was the greatest of the legendary trio. Also, in Emerald, you could get both Groudon and Kyogre. :p

#TeamEmerald

Welfare

Oh yeah, Emerald is better than either of them. I was so hyped for that game before release.

Then Gen 4 happened and I just couldn't get into the games as much. Platinum was my last Pokemon game.

Javin98

Banned
Oh yeah, Emerald is better than either of them. I was so hyped for that game before release.

Then Gen 4 happened and I just couldn't get into the games as much. Platinum was my last Pokemon game.
Same. I just couldn't continue after Gen 4. Didn't like many of the designs of Gen 5 and after FireRed, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond ans Pearl, the series was getting a bit stale for me.

RexNovis

Banned
Do we have any info on how expensive 4K Bluray drives are by any chance? I'm curious as to whether MS will be taking a hit or making a bit of profit on each XB1S unit. Its possible that the drives themselves are still fairly expensive to manufacture and that could help explain their strategy of launching the higher cost $399 version ahead of the (assumed) lower cost versions.

You're old when you hit 24. Everything past that is still old. Therefore the amount past 24 that you are doesn't make as much a difference. That's been my theory since pre-24, anyways.

I always liked this little diddy, too.
(Contradicts my personal philosophy, but I still like it.)

Code:
not old enough to know better
    old enough to know better
not old enough to know
    old enough to know
not old enough
    old enough
not old
    old
not

Hah I like it! Written down for future reference. I've always thought 30 was the point of no return as far as being "old" is concerned myself. Any particular reason you chose 24 specifically?

Ruby sold more than Sapphire in the US. Freedom is on my side.

#TeamRuby

You're both wrong. Rayquaza was the greatest of the legendary trio. Also, in Emerald, you could get both Groudon and Kyogre. :p

#TeamEmerald

#Teamshappire

Y'all whipper snappers get off my lawn with your Groundones and Rayquartzs. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are and forever shall be the only legendary Pokemans worth a damn. OG is best G. Look into your hearts you know it to be true.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Also, in Emerald, you could get both Groudon and Kyogre. :p

#TeamEmerald

Well that's true. I was talking about Shappire and Rubine only though :D but yeah in Emerald you have all trio, so yeah...

You're both wrong. Rayquaza was the greatest of the legendary trio.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!??!?! No, just no. :p

Kyogre > Groudon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rayquaza

Let's be serius, i understand if you like it as design, those are opinions, but if we talk about who is the stronger, Kyogre is withouth doubt the stronger Pokémon of gen 3.

hands down!

Same. I just couldn't continue after Gen 4. Didn't like many of the designs of Gen 5 and after FireRed, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond ans Pearl, the series was getting a bit stale for me.

As a big Nintendo fan, i continued after gen 4... yeah, Pokémon is not the same :(

I hated gen 5, and Gen 6 was great but nothing compared to the others gen. I'm hyped for Moon and Sun but i already know it won't be as good as the others gen... i'm more hyped for the incoming remake of Gen 4 :p probabily on NX!!!!!!! *O* /death

Y'all whipper snappers get off my lawn with your Groundones and Rayquartzs. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are and forever shall be the only legendary Pokemans worth a damn. OG is best G. Look into your hearts you know it to be true.

The youngs are talking. Go home. :p

Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are alright.

But they can't compete with them!

Top Bottom