• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oklahoma cop shoots and kills family dog during birthday party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who polices the police? Nobody. They're practically free to do whatever they want over here because they have a fraternity of brothers who will vouch for each other whenever something bad happens. Good cops who try to stop this have their careers ruined by the scum who keep the shitty system going.

Khaz

Is it me or does the warrant story feels forged? Like, he got the dog, then go through the archives to find something to justify his presence there. "Yep, there was a crime there ten years ago, I suppose I was there to investigate".

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They say the cop had gone there before. My guess is that he wanted revenge for something that happened previously, possibly because the dog had barked at him on those occasions. He might have stood by, and when he saw the family go in went to the dog and shot it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
They say the cop had gone there before. My guess is that he wanted revenge for something that happened previously, possibly because the dog had barked at him on those occasions. He might have stood by, and when he saw the family go in went to the dog and shot it.

You're probably right. I mean, he shot the dog through the fence?

Cops are trained never to back down and then you get shit like this. You get shit like this because they know they'll get away with it 100%. If you keep your dog outside, have cameras installed so you have proof of exactly what happens if something like the above occurs.

totowhoa

Banned
Found bus Facebook and wanted to send an angry message. Thought better of it, though. Especially since I just live an hour or so away

TimeLike

Cops are trained never to back down and then you get shit like this. You get shit like this because they know they'll get away with it 100%. If you keep your dog outside, have cameras installed so you have proof of exactly what happens if something like the above occurs.

That would make a more compelling story for sure, but the cops would just laugh harder on their way to the bank. Disgusting. Even more spilled police blood is what's going to happen unfortunately if they don't change themselves.

Why was the dog running tho?

Fucking psychopath needs to be removed from police force ASAP before he starts randomly kill innocent people on the street, oh wait.

mkenyon

Banned
Again I need to ask, why would a regular police officer need an Ar-15?
In the country, Police and Sherrifs typically keep a rifle in their car for things like putting down game that got hit on the road, or loose.

9mm isn't going to finish them.

Needless death. Justice for the dog. Any hashtags up?

For fucks sake

55d8c4c26aca3.image.jpg

She clearly means ALL..nevermind..

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My dog barks at strangers approaching our house because that's her fucking job. It's infuriating that cops have a free pass to murder a family member...like shoot the dog first is the SOP. Fuck that.

Sunster

In the country, Police and Sherrifs typically keep a rifle in their car for things like putting down game that got hit on the road, or loose.

9mm isn't going to finish them.

9mm could easily kill a dog. he was ready to use that rifle

Dogs are like family. Having a random stranger (police or not) just come by and gun them down is ridiculous and insanity. I would be devastated.
I'm curious, who here would kill the cop in order to save the dog's life?

Most of us here would't hesitate if it was our human family members, I'm sure.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
What if he missed and hit a child?

Paid vacation.

There's no question anymore as to why so many people hate cops. This kind of bullshit, whether it's dogs or people, happens on a regular basis. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it again, there needs to be massive police reform, specifically with when and why a cop can use a gun.

mkenyon

Banned
9mm could easily kill a dog. he was ready to use that rifle
Sure, if hit it in the heart or brain. If you don't, then it will keep charging. A coyote that I had to kill (which was one of the worst moments of my life) took a 5.56 to the chest and kept going until the second shot.

But yeah, he had the rifle because he was ready to kill the dog.

Dang, ever since I got a dog 3 years ago, stories like this upset me so damn much. I hope the family does whatever they can to make sure they get some sort of justice.

More like this cop sounds like your typical cop.

Not really. Your typical cop wouldn't do this.

I have a feeling that I hope is wrong and I'm not just talking about this post specifically.

I feel like we get stronger reactions when an animal is killed by a cop than when a black man is.

Here on NeoGAF? what makes you say that?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sort of sounds like he went there to specifically kill a dog.

Based on the report, sounds like this cop just had a boner for killing things. Saw a dog, and had a chance to use his gun, couldn't pass it up.

Next time he gets an itch to murder something, it might be a person. Fucking psycho.

I would also very likely be dead or in jail if it happened to one of my pets.

I'd be in jail too, but it would be worth it. I'd make sure his recovery of the incident takes longer than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom