• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NES Classic trailer released

So glad they brought this slogan back.

Cn53BkwWYAAjIBV.jpg:large

dickroach

I didn't realize it's so small. I feel like it'll be moving around like crazy; the classic controller cables are really short

Moff

couldn't they just put all the games ever released on the NES on this
they should do that with the snes as well

bumpkin

As a kid who grew up with an NES, I fucking love this trailer/commercial.

...now let me preorder the thing.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
eJgPL9X.png

No dark filter confirmed.

That's...really interesting. I wonder why it's enabled on Wii U, then. Is it also present on the 3DS VC?

This gives me hope that NX VC won't have the filter.

Do we know about save/suspend states for this lil guy?

I believe it has save states, according to the original press release.

EDIT: Whatever this means, this is what it has:

And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed

-shadow-

I hope the cable will be a lot longer than it seems. Because I do not want to sit right in front of my screen...

eJgPL9X.png

No dark filter confirmed.

Now bring this over to the WiiU users!

Or technically get rid of it...

That's...really interesting. I wonder why it's enabled on Wii U, then. Is it also present on the 3DS VC?

I don't believe so no. But I know for sure that NES Remix (on either platform) doesn't have the filters regardless. So it's just some terrible decision making.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man, this little device has hit the nostalgia so well, I am itching to see that the NX will be now. I have not purchased a Nintendo console since the SNES, and the last hardware I purchased from them was the DS Lite when it hit (mainly for the GF at the time).

I kept holding myself from pulling the trigger on the Wii U for a while (due to the price not feeling worth it), since I wanted to play the new Mario so bad on it... but this is definitely giving me that nostalgia vibes to finally jump back into a Nintendo system come NX, (and that Zelda doe). It will complement the Neo perfectly for gaming in my home.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Great little trailer. Perfect marketing for this thing so far, the retro site looks good as well. Gonna sell like crazy

Notice the "Product Under Development" disclaimer.

Just wait until they run this through their flash/pattern analyzer. Dark filter will return, you can count on it.

That description is why I'm not 100% hyped yet. It does give me some hope though.

Hopefully this thing's playable at SDCC, so we can find out for certain.

couldn't they just put all the games ever released on the NES on this
they should do that with the snes as well

Licensing hell and price due to that. You would not see it for sub $300-400 if it included everything, which is far beyond what the target audience for this would pay for a trip down memory lane.

Hatty

Will buy if there is no ugly filter over everything. Why people are afraid of pixels is a mystery to me

Plum

Nintendo just needs to put this ad on TV and they'll be raking in the dosh. I really do think they've hit something quite significant with this, but it's all to be seen whether that translates into actual sales come Q4.

Top Bottom