• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NES Classic trailer released

Savitar

So glad they brought this slogan back.

Cn53BkwWYAAjIBV.jpg:large

I had the stupidest grin on my face when I saw that.

I was gonna get this day one, but my mom saw it and said she wanted to get it for me for Christmas. So that's neat. Can't wait!

AdanVC

Holy cow that was so cool! Love their new slogan as well "Now you're playing with power... again!" Yup, this thing will sell loads. Just hope they can keep up with the demand.

Looks like good emulation for once, thank god. I was getting nervous when I was reminded of Nintendo's shit job with the Wii U Virtual Console (which I thankfully never bought, except these 30 cent deals).

Ansatz

Good emulation: check.

However I'm not confident they'll expand the game selection, plus I would need both DuckTales games for me to consider it a complete collection which isn't happening.

1upmuffin

However I'm not confident they'll expand the game selection, plus I would need both DuckTales games for me to consider it a complete collection which isn't happening.

They already said they won't. And DuckTales would be a tricky license to get.

I am confident they will not expand the game selection. And the DuckTales games have be licensing nightmares...

edit: beaten. :)

Comet

I'm in fucking heaven with this thing. Just release the numbers already NoA. Papa's gotta get a preorder in on Amazon

teiresias

I dislike the lack of scanlines or any kind of CRT emulation - particularly since the opening shots shows scanlines and CRT-like display before going to actual feed from the device.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! hasn't been in production since 1990 and it's never been re-released.

How rare is Mike Tyson's punch out..? I have the original cartridge myself...but i don't really care about having NES physical around any longer with this on the way. How much could i get for it i wonder

Cynn

I dislike the lack of scanlines or any kind of CRT emulation - particularly since the opening shots shows scanlines and CRT-like display before going to actual feed from the device.
I'll never understand why people salt sweet fruits or throw ugly distortions on pristine pixels.

They at least should have the 30 best games. Not having Castlevania 3 or Mega Man 3 or Contra is crazy.

Considering how many games the system has and how many of them are considered the "best", it would be impossible to do so in 30 games, especially since it's pure opinion what people consider to be the best.

MilesTeg

Banned
This is a one time buy, Nintendo doesnt want anyone buying more games for this thing they want you on their other platforms eventually.

I think Nintendo is only doing this to have something new on the market for the holidays given their current platforms are relatively old. I do not think they would be releasing something like this if they had new hardware out or coming out.

Im sure the profit margins on this thing are insane given the lack of system storage, wi fi, cheap wired controller, and of course the hardware running the games.

Here's what the NES Classic Edition looks like in comparison to the original, this is from SDCC

Cn55xCeVMAEVDF7.jpg:large

Damn, that thing is tiny!

Both grabbed from Youtube for a fair comparison:

Wii U:
C6UfCjG.png

Mini NES Classic:
eJgPL9X.png

YEEEEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!

Now let's hope it stays that way!

Notice the "Product Under Development" disclaimer.

Just wait until they run this through their flash/pattern analyzer. Dark filter will return, you can count on it.

pls no

Chuckl3s

This commercial gave me chills. Brought me back to 1980s.

What was the point of a dark filter? Can someone explain for this noob?

How rare is Mike Tyson's punch out..? I have the original cartridge myself...but i don't really care about having NES physical around any longer with this on the way. How much could i get for it i wonder

Not rare at all. Most copies of the game likely sold between 87 and 90, with Tyson.

Top Bottom