• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NES Classic trailer released

hlhbk

Buy the thing for the shell and throw a Pi in there....

I think some people in this thread have overly high expectations for a $60 plastic toy....

I think you have way to low expectations of what we should be receiving. There were computers in the late 90's that could run the entire NES library.

sfedai0

Banned
I might get this just for Mario, but Im gonna be annoyed if Nintendo is gonna milk this by releasing diff variations featuring a different 30 games.

AdanVC

Seriously this is one of the coolest videos Nintendo has posted in a while. I'm getting the nostalgia infection I might end up purchasing this dammit D:

Raitaro

Then why is the filter gone on the NES Classic?

Even if that's the reason, put a toggle on it.

It's bad enough they sell shitty 50Hz PAL versions on the EU eShop, never mind the fact they fuck up the visuals too

I wonder if the version of this they release in the UK will feature shit PAL versions

Wait, so 60hz games in Europe are NOT confirmed then?! I had assumed they are since they seem to be using the same US names for games here as well, so no Probotector 2 instead of Super C for instance.

Crap, now I'm starting to fear the worst as Nintendo does indeed have a mixed track record at best when it comes to these re-releases. But surely they won't go through the effort of putting inferior roms on the EU version again, or even adjusting US roms like Super C to be in 50hz, right?

Peterc

I hope if we would get the snes mini, it would look more like the europe one.
I didn't like the other one:

snes+us.jpg

Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg

-shadow-

I think you'll find that both the EU eShop and EU PSN sell PAL versions that run at 50Hz on a lot of retro games, even when the American shops have 60Hz versions
I'm aware of PSN, the eShop has 50hz ROMs as the exception rather than the rule these days. Of the total of 385 titles (all consoles combined, I'm not splitting hairs here) only 15 are 50hz. So Nintendo's being doing a mostly great job. It's just a shame tgat some of the better titles are 50hz though...

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Just FYI, the box seems to come without a USB/Wall plug, so better have one handy as soon as his will ship.

preordered one plus extra controller.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Eh, I always felt the NES library had more depth to it.

SNES is pretty weak outside of fighters and JRPGs.

I'm in for the NES classic, but would give the SNES classic a pass.

Whaa?

SNES also has some of the greatest platformers of all time, not to mention holds its own in nearly every other popular genre of the time. Only weak point in its libraries is its shmups (even so, Space Megaforce is great, Axelay and Darius Twin aren't bad, so it's not like this area is a total black hole), though that may also be because the Genesis and Turbo are so strong in that area.

SCReuter

No dark filter confirmed.

Taller aspect ratio, too. I don't understand why NES software is vertically compressed on Wii U. It actually bothers me more than the dark filter, as it creates thicker letterboxing and blurring.

3Jpgglu.jpg

(NES games displayed on Wii U.)

mrc8lss.jpg

(White bars highlighting the shorter than usual aspect ratio.)

Xis

Will they be selling the controllers separately? I'd love one for VC.

Yes. It only comes with one controller, you need to buy a second one if you want to play two-player games.

I wish this was wireless; I sit about 10 feet from my TV so wired controllers are a nonstarter for me.

I'm improving on Punch-Out!! on the 3DS VC. About half the time I'm beating Soda Popinski in the first round, usually with a time of around 2:05.

My Pioneer Kuro has about 3 frames of lag though so I don't know if I'd even try, ha. Maybe people that have a really low lag TV will be OK.

Top Bottom