• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Nisekoi

I'm kinda glad it's just wrapping up so cleanly with nothing left to imagination.

I just wish the series ended up being what I thought it was going to be from the premise of the first chapters- a story about 2 people who hate each other forced to pretended to be in love because otherwise a gang war was going to start

Nisekoi

I'm kinda glad it's just wrapping up so cleanly with nothing left to imagination.

I just wish the series ended up being what I thought it was going to be from the premise of the first chapters- a story about 2 people who hate each other forced to pretended to be in love because otherwise a gang war was going to start
This is where the twist comes, second half of this manga is gonna have both families at war. This has only begun :v

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia 100

Great as usual.

Sahara the Flower Samurai 1

Was better than I thought it would be! Reminds me of Trigun. Orignal setting, like the characters.

The fusion of MHA and One Piece style is cool, too.

I'm guessing you *can* use the flower sword on people, just...you wouldn't want to.

This is where the twist comes, second half of this manga is gonna have both families at war. This has only begun :v
I wish. I can always go for more Nisekoi.

Nisekoi 227
Finally. Best girl since chapter 0 wins. My ship just sank every other ship. Lol onodera

Jitsu 135
Housewives are scary

shokugeki no soma 176

I'm guessing the examiners will continue to act overly evil till the end. Either way, at least the rest is entertaining. I like to see what they make and how they go about it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nisekoi

How fitting that a piece of trash is paired up with another piece of trash.

Kingdom

History stated that Kanki will be defeated by Riboku. Interested how the author will translate that to Kingdom.

Infection

This manga started off interesting with truly icky zombie infection but now it has turned into a low-grade ecchi manga with a disturbing and disgusting predisposition for displaying panties of the underage, urgh, no thanks.

ReLife

Goddamn slow as hell.

Bleach

Next chapter: "Oho, but you HAVEN'T SEEN MY NEXT BULLSHIT POWERUPS!" - Ywach.

Toriko

Bambina ;____;

But at least with the final forms of the final villain is completed, we can finally see him getting trounced on the next chapters. Hopefully. Especially since Toriko's 3rd demon has finally shown up to play.

kadotsu

Banned
Bleach

In another timeline a version of this series exists in which the whole thing didn't fall off a cliff after Aizen obtained the Hogyoku. Less new shitty unused characters. An actual payoff for Hell.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am a Hero

Cmon Hideo... go go save your girl mate. Though I suspect it will go in a radically different way in the end. The appearance of Tetsuko is a nice surprise.

The Girl Next Door

The next popular sexy manhwa after Drugs Candy ended. Will it end in a sucky way like that one too? Let see how it goes.

Akame Ga Kill

Oh look, the hypocrite is back and helping, what a surprise.

One Piece

Hoo boy this arc is going to take a massive long time to complete.

Thoraxes

Nisekoi

Komi redeemed himself.

I liked this. And now I don't feel like I wasted my time anymore, unless somehow Raku gets amnesia.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 227

It happened, many of us didn't think it would but it did, not only did Onodera lose, Chitoge actually managed to win.

I expect the series to go full circle and end with Chitoge leaving the country for reasons and promising to come back to marry Raku, tbus becoming the promise girl in her own right.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nisekoi 227

It happened, many of us didn't think it would but it did, not only did Onodera lose, Chitoge actually managed to win.

Uhhhh... did anyone actually think any other girl besides Chitoge stand a chance after reading the first chapter?

This series is such a waste of time.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch361

Approach at your own risk.

Happy Sugar Life ch7.5

The main series didn't change much from the concept one-shot. As long as it had yandere action it was going to be a success, really.

No, but some thought no girl would win.

I expected

Chitoge win > no confirmed winner ) > onodera upset win > all other possible ending

What I was rooting for

Forever alone ending (where both girls reject him cause fuck Raku) > Any other possible ending > no confirmed winner > onodera winning > chitoge winning

Mostly because as I said I was hoping even if the logic made no sense that the obvious expected ending wasn't what I wasted 200 chapters waiting for.

Ideally Nisekoi wouldn't have gone for the lowest common denominator but it did and considering people ate this garbage up props to Komi for scamming people into reading it and a good chunk of change of its success.

Zweizer

Banned
Toumei Ningen no Tsukurikata ch8 (End)

Pretty straightforward resolution, but the final twist was nice.

Overall, an enjoyable short series, which demonstrates the author's ability to draw great faces.

G.ZZZ

Author should try out a horror manga, Neo is so disgusting, really good monster.

Mitsutoshi has a good grasp on disturbingness. Toriko vs Chiyo fight was amazing in that sense. All the appearances of Nitros, especially early on, were so unsettling and really trasmitted that sense of danger. Tommyrod eating Toriko's hand during the fight and all the insect eating people from the inside etc... Then NEO as well, the neo warts eating monsters whole etc...

Too bad he was amazing at worldbuilding and at interesting characters (Toriko was such an interesting character as a competent fighter that acted as someone with vast experience and not as just an idiot, just look the ice hell arc how he lead the expedition into the ice hell, one of my favourite moments) in the human world arc and now it's all bleach fights.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Toriko being skilled from the start was great. But I had to drop it after the cancellation pressure wrecked everything.

Maybe I should pick it up again and finish it.

dramatis

Some Not Recent and Two Recent Reads (Jun 2016)

xEUW7n8.jpg
Tanabata no Kuni | Seinen, sci-fi mystery
Turin Turambar: From the creator of Historie and Parasyte, an intriguing scifi tale of mystery, ESP, aliens, conspiracies, a murder and unemployed college guys.

PIL | Seinen, comedy
Lain: The word great doesn't make this justice. PIL is a very funny manga, but it's also a manga that makes you think.

Sengoku Youko | Shounen, action adventure
striferser: It's quite a long journey, but the journey come to an end in a very beautiful way.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. | Seinen, fantasy romance
Zweizer: Read Inari Konkon if you wish to a simple, fantastical manga about working out the courage to go out with your love as you coexist with gods.

Good Ending | Shounen, ecchi drama romcom
Mockingbird: It was a good romance/drama/comedy.

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp).

1. Hey this was pretty rad. Reigen is awesome. Warmed up to the art a lot, and now I'm debating switching over to the webcomic version of OPM. For Mob Psycho 100. From Moaradin.
  2. So for all the short comings UQH has had, it was still entertaining enough and even if its greatest strengths came from Negima, it was still a solid weekly read. For UQ Holder. From Arabesque. (imp)
  3. In a high school populated by animals of varying anthropomorphism, a completely human guy gets reluctantly recruited into the pack of a wolf girl. Hijinks ensue. Fun start, and the teacher is neat. For Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen. From Zweizer.
  4. When he wakes up, he discovers he got a power along the way : now he can see as a ghost above men's heads their first love. For Hatsukoi Zombie. From Tribes of Trusty. (imp)
  5. Time for a Father's Day read. Cute slice-of-life of a single dad raising his standoffish middle-school daughter. A shame so few is translated, I really like these kinds of stories. For Sen to Man. From ThatChairMan.
  6. Alien wife slice of life, with a side of smut. For Yome ga Kore na Monde. From Zweizer. (imp) Plus Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure.
  7. But then Seiko reached the end of her rope, and there was enough vivid horror in the depiction of her demise that I had a change of heart. For Corpse Party: Blood Covered. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  8. A Huge Battleship's "painful" impressions of Cat's Eye Hall and Carbonard Crown.
  9. Set in a school where 'intelligent' animals greatly outnumber humans, the MC inadvertently becomes assimilated into the pack of a weak wolf girl. For Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  10. Mizukami Satoshi might just be my favorite mangaka, lots of great oneshots in these collections. For Mizukami Satoshi Short Story Collection 1 1-9/END + Mizukami Satoshi Short Story Collection 2. From 8 X 11 Printer Paper.
  11. A good mystery/detective manga who's puzzles aren't stupidly complex, and hasn't avoided the damn main plot like a certain other detective manga. Also it's full of DTL bait, a shit ton. For Tantei Gakuen. From 8 X 11 Printer Paper.
  12. If you like Fukumoto mahjong game series, this is a good one to read. For Ten - The Nice Guy on the Path of Tenhou. From striferser. (rev)
  13. Or as I like to call it, High School Love Hina with a single girl For Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!. From Tribes of Trusty. (imp)
  14. A roaming god of death persuades depressed/desperate people to kill themselves. For Ushiro - The Somber God of Death 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  15. A 'genius' MC accidentally turns himself into human pizza after jumping off a building, and ends up in some kind of suiciders' purgatory where he's forced to play delicious survival games. For Purgatory Dead Roll 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  16. The first couple chapters are a clunky sort of reintroduction to what Charles-Henri is all about and a quick conclusion to a story line that came up in the last volume. For Innocent Rouge Vol 1. From Semblance. (imp)
  17. Korean webtoon about a teenage girl and her older brother who discover he gains super powers dependent entirely on the amount of cash he's carrying at any time. The more money, the better his strength/reflexes/sight/abilities. For Cashero. From OniBarubary. (imp)
  18. Tribes of Trusty on Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon and Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka.
  19. Honestly this is pretty cute. Though watching him get teased for 30 chapters gets kinda old after a while. I wonder if there will actually be any progress in their relationship. For Takagi-san. From Rainy.
  20. Read this. It's about two student council member's keikakus to get the other to confess first. For Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai. From Haly.
  21. A little bit forced by his friend, a virgin high schooler confess to a gyaru, dogeza-style. For Hajimete no Gal. From Tribes of Trusty. (imp)
  22. A new LN editor trying to find a budding new author that could sell 10 million copies. That was funny. I laugh when the MC trying to understand what so interesting about harem LN. For Kin no Tamago. From striferser.
  23. Yamada is a quiet kid who has been suffering from bullying at school. For River's Edge. From Semblance. (rev)
  24. I've never been a big fan of the old cartoon though I watched some of it growing up and I'll say, I really like this new version more. For Jem and The Holograms 01. From Lain. (imp)
  25. The saddening implication that girls need makeup aside, it's off to an entertaining start. For Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. From Zweizer. (imp)
  26. One-shot from the Nejimaki Kagyu author, in which a suicidal kid befriends a sentient walking corpse. For The Zombie Maria (one shot). From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  27. A very pulp-inspired mystery comic. For Soil. From God's Beard. (rev)
  28. Was looking for a good tragedy manga and this hit the spot. For Watashi-tachi no Shiawasena Jikan. From Mockingbird. (rev)
  29. A yuri short story and its sequel about two friends and their peculiar relationship. Pls don't bully For Gold Star, Happy End & A Dead End, After All. From Zweizer.
  30. It's about a detective girl who solves case in a day because she forgets everything when she falls asleep at night. For The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami. From MetroidPrimeRib. (imp)
  31. The combination of intense battles of wits, superb art, unhinged waifus and batshit facial expressions meant I'd marked it as a winner. For Kakegurui Twin 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  32. Overall though, I really enjoyed it. It'd be pretty fun to get a TWGOK 2 that fixes some of the issues with the first and avoids the sci-fi story a bit more, lol. For The World God Only Knows. From Shouta. (rev + heavy spoilers)
  33. If you enjoyed the movie then it's a no-brainer to check out. For Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Story. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  34. I was surprised by how much i laughed out loud reading through this, and by how fond I become of this little cast of characters. For Satoshi Mizukami's Tanpenshuu. From FlowersisBritish. (analysis?)
  35. Another worthwhile recommendation to franchise fans, particularly those who're fed up with HomuMado hogging the spotlight. For Puella Magi Madoka Magica - The Different Story. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  36. Holy god its like weaponized adorableness. Really excited for the anime now. For Sweetness and Lightning. From pbayne. (imp)
  37. Definitely recommended for fans of the franchise. For Puella Magi Homura Tamura. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  38. If you love the parent story (I do) then you'll likely love this (I did). For Homura's Revenge. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  39. I'd like to see more of her history though, and I really enjoyed what I read here. For Puella Magi Oriko Magica. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  40. I can't say l enjoyed it anywhere near as much as the main material overall, but it's definitely worth reading if you can stomach the beginning and/or you enjoy seeing cute girls despairing cutely. For Puella Magi Kazumi Magica. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  41. So I found this manga while I was browsing tvtropes for a bunch of stories with a cruel twist ending. For Zekkyou Gakkyuu. From dr labson. (imp)
  42. A merry slice of life series about a group of kids protecting the peace of the world and their neighborhood. For Mitsuboshi Colors. From Zweizer.
  43. I will say I kinda surprised myself how much of Hirotaka's character I relate to. For Love is Hard for Otaku. From ArclightBorealis. (imp) More impressions from MetroidPrimeRib.
  44. An amazing read. And I'm not even close to catching up. What a time to be alive. For Berserk. From PaulExcellent. (rec)
  45. Historie is a loosely historical manga centered around the life of Eumenes, and the various people he encounters. For Historie. From Zweizer. (rev)
  46. I was just listening to the anime soundtrack recently (which is great BTW) so I decided to revisit an old favorite of mine. For The World God Only Knows. From spiritfox. (reread)
  47. Overall, still was an alright series. For Miyuki. From Revo. (rev)
  48. A tale about a brother who's trying to protect his little sister, a horned girl that according to a prophecy, will bring a destruction to the world. For Yogen no Natuya (one shot). From striferser. (imp)
  49. They kill a shark vampire, a bird vampire, and then evil bro comes back. This is kind of going fast. For Red Blood Red Legacy. From SenorArdilla. (imp)
  50. It's a really good comic. It's a damn shame how it seems to have gotten largely overlooked by western manga fans. For Noramimi. From El Sloth. (rev)
  51. Another one shot collection by MangaGaf fav. author, Kui Ryoko For The Dragon's School is on The Top of The Mountain. From striferser. (imp)
  52. It's refreshing to have a manga with older characters in it who go to bars, get drunk and farm MATS in Monster Hunter. For Love Is Hard for Otaku. From OniBarubary. (imp)
  53. A comedy shoujo manga about love and masks. Don't horses and microwaves deserve true love just like any other young girl? For AFO Guard. From 8 X 11 Printer Paper.
  54. Taking a classic setting and giving its own spin, I Am a Hero features Kengo Hanazawa's recurring deeply yet realistically flawed characters, with a survival horror touch. For I Am A Hero. From Zweizer. (rev)
  55. It's quite a long journey, but the journey come to an end in a very beautiful way. For Sengoku Youko. From striferser. (rev)
  56. Magical girls and suffering. Followed because magical girls and suffering. For Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka 01. From A Huge Battleship.
  57. So it's a been a long time since I sat down a read a manga at all, and even longer since I experience a series binge, but this popped up for me and I powered through this shit faster than I expected. For Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice). From FelixOrion. (rev)
  58. This is quite good. The art is excellent, with good framing and smooth panel flow, and the presentation of medieval combat is brutally compelling. For Vinland Saga 01. From hosannainexcelsis. (imp)
  59. This is hilariously stupid as far as premises go. Yet it is awesome and funny. For Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai. From Tribes of Trusty.
  60. Human(?) becomes a spirit ball with amnesia and possesses monsters. Shenanigans ensue. Interesting premise. For Spirit Migration. From SenorArdilla.
  61. Pretty intriguing heroaca story with them participating in interesting studying activities. For M no Yuigon / Kinou o Kazoeru Mono. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  62. striferser with new works that caught his eye.
  63. I feel like this is about leaving and old way and paving a new road. For Desk War (one shot). From striferser. (rev)
  64. It's pretty funny, and I feel like they have the kind of conversations real people would about bikes and stuff. For bakuon. From nabe_shogun. (imp)
  65. Well this is weird. Its about two friends going about their life, but in a strange world with random weird things that are apparently normal. For Dainana Joshikai Houkou. From nabe_shogun.
  66. Heavily recommend this, and it seems like a good follow up to Beck. For Rin. From thesaucetastic. (rec)
  67. This was a great read, bittersweet in just the right amount so to not leave me with a sour aftertaste nor a sugary one. For the gods lie. From Lain. (rev)
  68. The story about online mahjong player, Kiriya, who want to provr that he can provide his family by gambling with mahjong. For Testsunaki no Kirinji. From striferser. (rev)
  69. Lots of feels and it was nice to see the manga wrap up without dragging out the story. For Assassination Classroom. From dr labson. (rev)
  70. It's nice to read a series that's a completely straightforward romance story that doesn't rely on contrived conflict. For Bonnouji. From jman2050. (rev)
  71. This is trash, but it's the kind of trash I can enjoy. For Criminale!. From dani_dc.
  72. Nobody thinks about the poor desk. That's actually pretty impressive. For Desk War (one shot). From Zweizer.
  73. That's the kind of manga, while being quite heavy, is really enthralling to read. Recommended. For Spirit Circle. From Tribes of Trusty. (rec)
  74. So, after 8 volumes, I like this manga even more. For The Climber. From Lain. (additional imp)
  75. Spino-kun baka. It's tragically short, but there's pretty art and dinosaurs. Read it if you enjoyed The Young Maiden in Love Is a Carnivore. For Jurassic Academy (one shot). From A Huge Battleship.
  76. Have fun explaining that when your family sees your school photo album. For I am Kagome 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  77. Short story about two girls publicly displaying their affection towards each other by continually intertwining their flesh and fluids all day. Lewd. For Letting Go of the Hand is a Loss (one shot). From Zweizer.
  78. But despite all that, this was a damn amazing series. While it could have been a 10/10 if I didn't feel so conflicted about the ending. For Sekai Oni. From cosmicblizzard. (rev)
  79. Another official KanColle manga. For KanColle - Maizuru Naval District. From A Huge Battlship. (rev)
  80. While I have a few grumblings about the setting and some of the action scenes, overall it might be my favourite work I've read from her. For Poison Princess. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  81. Special skills: Handa Wall, blocks all incoming sound For Handa-kun Vol 1. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  82. Anyway, go read it. For Hakumei to Mikochi. From Shengar. (imp)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Uhhhh... did anyone actually think any other girl besides Chitoge stand a chance after reading the first chapter?

This series is such a waste of time.

I figured it would end when he realized he liked her and then it would have no concrete ending.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Thanks as always dramatis!

Kaguya wants to be confessed 27 and 27.5

Wiener, huehuehuehue.
RIP Kaguya tongue.

Author still got it. I wonder how far this series can go?

Mishiro san to Yamada kun 1-2

From the author of Ii orc no hi, come a comedy about several couples.
The main character are Mishiro, the girl with shark teeth (i like this kind of drawing to be honest) and Yamada, a regular joe. It's just them talking about various topics like perverted stuff or SNK games. Cute.

Criminale 19

Stalker girl keeps on winning.

Cwarrior

Sahara the Flower Samurai 1

I was wondering why this reminded so much of early one piece it's from one oda assistance.

Looks very promising reminds of sandland, nausaca valley of wind, triigun, kenshin and one piece.

The flower sword powers are pretty interesting, wondering where this will go.

Art looks great look one panel reminds of oda dragon hunter one shot.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.361
It was such a cute eraser, too...

Love is Hard for Otaku ch.11
I love that even with a change in speaking title, Hirotaka is just as expressionless in game as in real life.

Criminale! ch.19
Keep fighting, Hinako! Don't let that magician thief beat you!

e_i

Nisekoi 227

End?
Or is just beginning?

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 36

WTF? Now that's just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom