• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really wondering what kind of status Magic we will got in the game. Haste? Protect? Shell? Slow?

Haste will be amazing in this kind of game.

https://youtu.be/LLf4J0IF4oI

Siggraph gameplay demo, clearly on PC devkits, would be amazing if it's like this on consoles too. Too good to be true?

That foliage isn't possible on consoles.

It's not something you would feel by watching the game it more like how the game is played and how unresponsive it was in the Demo at least to me.

I agree with you to an extent but it's meant to be played in a different manner ( positioning and such ) but expecting twitch responsiveness compared to DMC/KH is the wrong way to approach it ( not implying you said that just talking in general ) while the game is a "action" rpg it's doesnt really go full tilt on the action and plays differently. That's where issues arise with certain players.

chozen

https://youtu.be/LLf4J0IF4oI

Siggraph gameplay demo, clearly on PC devkits, would be amazing if it's like this on consoles too. Too good to be true?

Yeah looks like PC there is a certain lighting you can see on the hair around the edges that makes a large difference. Even the foliage looked way better than their DLCs video or the IGN battle footage.

Also

HpEnZSL.png

artsi

Monsters / entities I can see from that debug screen if I squint:

Garula
Dual Horn
Coeurl
Mushufushu
Mesmerize
Bicorn
Gigantoad
Alligator
Sahagin
Catoblepas
Kujata
Black Chocobo
Cockatrice

and others I can't make out.

Note: above list seems to be only about 1/8 or 1/9 of the total list (looking at the scroll bar) in that category and there's also other categories, so plenty of things to kill :p

The region they're in seems to be Cleigne.

chozen

He has firagas equipped in this image. I wonder if we'll have firaja, blizzaja, thundaja and etc.

If they are in, I imagine them being rarely used but extremely powerful and uses up a lot of magic resources.

Also can we get a clearer image of that pic of the monster list, imagine how scary of a fuck up it would be if this guy summoned one of the bosses or even the final boss.

benzy

That foliage isn't possible on consoles.

They're creating a game targeting console specs, there's no high-end PC target so technically the final console builds should be able to look like this. They're just using their debug PC dev environment to demonstrate things quickly.

We've seen what their PC build looked like before.

Final-Fantasy-XV_2016_01-25-16_002.jpg

Now a near final build with LOD improvements and added AO to grass which makes a nice difference.

EtWb.png

Feel like playing platinum demo now

They're creating a game targeting console specs, there's no high-end PC target so technically the final console builds should be able to look like this. They're just using their debug PC dev environment to demonstrate things quickly.

I just find foliage so much spread out in the tech footage. I'm not expecting it to be like that in the final game but I'll be happy if that's the case. Perhaps you're right that the final build will look close to that.

chozen

Now a near final build with LOD improvements and added AO to grass which makes a nice difference.

I want to believe it but that looks wayyy too similar to the 2014 footage.

*EDIT

Actually you might be right, if this DLC footage was taken from PS4 footage then what we saw right there is probably what we are getting

HoGkxoO.png

If they are in, I imagine them being rarely used but extremely powerful and uses up a lot of magic resources.

Also can we get a clearer image of that pic of the monster list, imagine how scary of a fuck up it would be if this guy summoned one of the bosses or even the final boss.

I actually have so many questions regarding Magic in this game. Will some monsters be able to use Magic like the previous FFs? What is the Royal ring Magic about? What kind of element damage Titan does if we don't have an earth element in the game? What about the support Magic like cure, protect, haste and etc how do you get them?

I wish they talked more about this.

For sure Neo and Scorpio are going to be able to handle that though. I just hope the current console versions will have a clean IQ. But that would mean a significant improvement over the two demos.

Why have they still not announced it for PC though?

jett

D-Member

Final-Fantasy-XV_2016_01-25-16_002.jpg

EtWb.png

It's nice to want things.

I actually have so many questions regarding Magic in this game. Will some monsters be able to use Magic like the previous FFs? What is the Royal ring Magic about? What kind of element damage Titan does if we don't have an earth element in the game? What about the support Magic like cure, protect, haste and etc how do you get them?

I wish they talked more about this.
remember that you can get the toad spell from a enemy so I'm sure enemies will use magic. However, when it comes to other type of magic idk for all we know royal magic is just stuff related to the phantom swords. I'm not expecting a lot of magic since Tabata has been clear on the types that will be present.. But there is some hope with the Royal magic.
For sure Neo and Scorpio are going to be able to handle that though. I just hope the current console versions will have a clean IQ. But that would mean a significant improvement over the two demos.

Because when they do a PC version it won't be a simple port, according to them features that was originally scrapped will be done for the PC version .

For the same reason they've repeatedly said it'll come later?

They want to finish the console versions and look at what higher end features they could implement into a PC version before announcing it rather than being "It'll come to PC at some point" then not work on it for another 6 months etc. They've basically all but said it'd come to PC i think so, yeah....

Will be quite interesting to see it when it's announced etc. If they had announced it I would probably wait but as it is....console then PC versoin later on providing i don't hate it.

It's odd how in the PC version the water has bad reflections and less trees in the distance then the PS4 version, PS4 also has reflections in water

I mean things could've changed Duscae Demo was a long time ago. So the engine has matured since then, that was two years ago.

Ketaya

It's odd how in the PC version the water has bad reflections and less trees in the distance then the PS4 version, PS4 also has reflections in water

But what did they do to the grass?

Well the engine was still in development, so many features, like the reflections, probably weren't fully implemented or optimized.
Also in the 2014 footage the level design is unfinished, the entire Behemoth ruin is missing as well as the chocobo post.

And for the grass they simplified the mesh, most likely for performance reasons.
But the grass in the new footage from siggraph is basically the same as in ED, just with added AO and improved shading. I don't see why it shouldn't look like that on console.

Koozek

See:
"I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed. This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech."

He also said development would start from scratch.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/final-fantasy-xv-may-get-far-superior-pc-version-tabata-824278

Target was blurrier.

Ah that does male sense.

Still, haven't they scaled back water simulation from the targets? I remember in Duscae it just painted a generic splashing animation around the character, not the characters interacting with the actual body of water.

AudioEppa

The visuals in this game is making it harder and harder waiting until the end of September.

IT LOOKS SOOO GOOOD!

As a graphics whore I can't wait experience my first FF game.

Koozek

Ah that does male sense.

Still, haven't they scaled back water simulation from the targets? I remember in Duscae it just painted a generic splashing animation around the character, not the characters interacting with the actual body of water.

In the screens in the OP you can see water splashes:
Hr0DQd.jpg

YMQrug.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Really hope all of this doesn't need to get downgraded in order to run on consoles and the effects become negligible, some great stuff here.

Your underestimating the PS4 and XB1.

At most we're have dynamic res, i think most of the effects on display will stay the same. And if your still concerned, the NEO version should be right around the corner.

I hope the NEO version's upgrades becomes the basis for the PC version, or the NEO version is updated along with their work on the PC version to take advantage of the graphical upticks.

Socivol

Good, good. Now it just has to play better than platinum demo. It was really not fun to play + input lag.

I think another issue with the Platinum Demo was the control layout. I played Duscae recently and having the attack button mapped to X and the dodge button mapped to L1 is just so much more intuitive than having them mapped to O and Square.

Koozek

I think another issue with the Platinum Demo was the control layout. I played Duscae recently and having the attack button mapped to X and the dodge button mapped to L1 is just so much more intuitive than having them mapped to O and Square.

Thisss. I even changed the layout in Zestiria when I played it recently to have Guard on L1 instead of Square (originally it was the same as Duscae - Attack on Circle and Guard on Square).

What I am wondering is, will there be a new version for Scorpio and Neo next year? Because if that does happen, those will be exclusive to the two consoles and that is not how it's going to work according to MS and Sony. So I guess we'll just start FFXV next year on our new consoles and it will be at a higher resolution hopefully but not much else probably?

Koozek

What I am wondering is, will there be a new version for Scorpio and Neo next year? Because if that does happen, those will be exclusive to the two consoles and that is not how it's going to work according to MS and Sony. So I guess we'll just start FFXV next year on our new consoles and it will be at a higher resolution hopefully but not much else probably?

The changes are only allowed to be cosmetic with no gameplay locked behind the patches, yeah. So expect a resolution bump and a smoother framerate.

Koozek

So cool! I actually hoped the characters would also react somehow when other party members walk into them or stand near, like putting their hand on their shoulders or touching their arm so the other takes a step to the side or something like that. FFXV already has impressive little details like that when it comes to dynamic animations, but I noticed that the guys still bump into each other without reacting.

Is the Environment talk livestreamed somewhere, right now?

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm feeling very optimistic, but the lack of transparency with to how the console builds will hold up to the PC dev is a buzz kill!

I think if the console version was close to these PC shots then they would have shown that off by now. Since they haven't I'm still expecting graphical features (like foliage, shadows etc..) to be paired back from these recent images.

I'm feeling very optimistic, but the lack of transparency with to how the console builds will hold up to the PC dev is a buzz kill!

I think if the console version was close to these PC shots then they would have shown that off by now. Since they haven't I'm still expecting graphical features (like foliage, shadows etc..) to be paired back from these recent images.

Yeah, that's really the only thing worrying me right now.

The changes are only allowed to be cosmetic with no gameplay locked behind the patches, yeah. So expect a resolution bump and a smoother framerate.

Damn...now that's unfortunete. Especially when we eventually get to see the PC version. So Scorpio and Neo won't be bringing richer graphical fidelity....bummer. On the other hand, by the time those systems release most of us either will have finished the game already or maybe the game actually bombs. Who knows.

artsi

Damn...now that's unfortunete. Especially when we eventually get to see the PC version. So Scorpio and Neo won't be bringing richer graphical fidelity....bummer. On the other hand, by the time those systems release most of us either will have finished the game already or maybe the game actually bombs. Who knows.

They can have better graphics. But 1080p / 30fps is minimum for Neo, if they're able to add something else in addition they can do it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Where did you get that idea? Yeah, there will be graphical fidelity increases, its not limited to FPS or Res, but for games that don't have scalable graphical configurations, that is what it will probably come down to.

Go_Ly_Dow

『Inaba Resident』;211605480 said:
Yeah, that's really the only thing worrying me right now.

Yup, if they achieve the quality seen in these shots along with a solid framerate then they have knocked it out the park. But being realistic that is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom