• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

4K screenshots incoming!

Pffft.

kUpSgtn.png

Covfan

Didn't notice the tree thing until everyone else pointed it out and guys noticed the height and weight thing bugged out earlier. Game looks a lot better in motion than the PS4 Share screenshots show tbh.

My planet is called Ahoyhoy in tribute to the first ever telephone call.

8b5cd28052.jpg

More Dave action! Also the thing above it in the top right is a Clive, any creature I discover on my planet is getting a typical first name for its species.

Fuser

The ground will drawn in under the tree when you get closer to it?

There are quite a lot of objects that float above the ground, even entire buildings. Just one of those things you have to accept for now!

My starting planet, a cave near my start point. It's so colourful! This planet has grass in different colours too, yellow here but it also has green.

Raven77

There are quite a lot of objects that float above the ground, even entire buildings. Just one of those things you have to accept for now!

My starting planet, a cave near my start point. It's so colourful! This planet has grass in different colours too, yellow here but it also has green.

I...I have no words. That is amazing. The variety of flora (or fauna?).

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Fucking hype is getting to me boys and girls!! Some amazing screens in this thread. Can't fucking wait!!!!!

DryvBy

I wonder how tough it will be for people to accept that they will likely never ever see the places and things posted in this thread

I think that's the only disappointing thing in this game imo. I'd love to be able to start next to my friends and we explore together. Or have a completed planet available for friends to teleport to for exploring.

I wonder how tough it will be for people to accept that they will likely never ever see the places and things posted in this thread

After deleting my save from yesterday, I will be on a personal mission to find the planets and the NPCs I left behind in that save. I think its great that there is a slim chance of finding them again.

Makes the re-encounter all the more memorable. =)

Edit: Of course I took pictures before I axe'd the save. Will upload later when I can get to my PS4.

Ruined tower and a nearly dead planet.

qWzxeeI.png

Embiggenable.

Looks like a Skyrim/Witcher 3 tower.

Does that only have a single floor like a lot of the station buildings?

Or can you actually ascend up some steps inside the tower to the upper floors?

Also - is that a window hole?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Hexagonal door in the back of this cave is makin me want a new Metroid real bad. ;_;

lawnchair

Banned
I think that's the only disappointing thing in this game imo. I'd love to be able to start next to my friends and we explore together. Or have a completed planet available for friends to teleport to for exploring.

that stuff might be in there by the time the game is done, who knows.

After deleting my save from yesterday, I will be on a personal mission to find the planets and the NPCs I left behind in that save. I think its great that there is a slim chance of finding them again.

Makes the re-encounter all the more memorable. =)

Edit: Of course I took pictures before I axe'd the save. Will upload later when I can get to my PS4.

From the way the patch notes read, it sounded like they tweaked some of the core seed values, so your old planets and discoveries might not even exist. But this is the screenshot thread....we need more screenshots!

Betty

Banned
Looks like a Skyrim/Witcher 3 tower.

Does that only have a single floor like a lot of the station buildings?

Or can you actually ascend up some steps inside the tower to the upper floors?

Also - is that a window hole?

There's three floors but the third is only accessible by your rocket pack.

cooly08

PC version will have Ansel.
So clearly no HUD, high res screenshots and maybe 360° screenshot.

Hopefully Ansel will be available day one.

U lot are easily pleased but let's be honest this game looks like dog turd all the planets look the same but with a different coat of paint. There are no cities, no bridges nor even mountain ranges just big hills, small hills, water and more hills a sad by-product of procedural generation I'm afraid

5taquitos

U lot are easily pleased but let's be honest this game looks like dog turd all the planets look the same but with a different coat of paint. There are no cities, no bridges nor even mountain ranges just big hills, small hills, water and more hills a sad by-product of procedural generation I'm afraid

Are you trying to create a theme account?

How big are the planets? Are they asteroid-sized playgrounds, or does it take you hours to walk around the circumference?

They vary drastically, and the larger ones could take days (longer?) to walk around.

PFD

How big are the planets? Are they asteroid-sized playgrounds, or does it take you hours to walk around the circumference?

ps3ud0

Thats the fact Im loving the most - I get to peek at what only one person is ever gonna be privileged to see. Ill never see it, so I cant really ever spoil myself...

ps3ud0 8)

PC version will have Ansel.
So clearly no HUD, high res screenshots and maybe 360° screenshot.

Hopefully Ansel will be available day one.

Oh man if that's the case-- and if PC gets solid VR support-- I will definitely lobby work to let us buy NMS for our Vie setup we have at one of our afterschool programs. Kids being able to take 360° shots and have their friends pop on the Vive (or GearVR, Google Cardboard, etc..) and be able to look around at some of these environments would be awesome.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

This is the screenshot thread. Take this to the OT or Review thread, please.

Top Bottom