• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided | SPOILER Thread | "I never asked for this"

Simo

...well a few asked for this. Since copies are getting out there and someone is streaming this right now it's probably for the best to have a spoiler thread so we, or I anyway, aren't clogging up the other threads with black bars.

So have at it.

Quote to reveal stream link.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
How do you do the email trick for hiding links only available to quotes?
You press the email button, next to the image icon, put in a link, and when it's posted delete the highlighted text. When quoted it will be visible to others but not to people who aren't signed in.

Simo

So that Illuminati scene...I take it from the streamer's reaction that tied heavily to the original game right?

Pritchard still being a dick in Detroit. lol

GavinUK86

So that Illuminati scene...I take it from the streamer's reaction that tied heavily to the original game right?

The illuminati IS Deus Ex.

But I'm out before real big spoilers hit.

Simo

which ending from HR does the game follow on from?

Um all of them I guess. Panchea is destroyed after Jensen shuts down the signal. He's apparently presumed dead for a year and Sarif barely survives. Whatever signal Jensen sent it didn't matter, everyone was too busy dealing with the Aug Incident that the signal went unwatched basically.

Mifec

The red eyes guy who was standing behind the black guy is Bob Page from the original game, pretty big char.

Simo

Damn copies getting out already?!

I know of store in London that is selling them early yeah, plus I met someone on PSN who got the game too.

The red eyes guy who was standing behind the black guy is Bob Page from the original game, pretty big char.

Oh ok. That's right he was in the credits scene too. Sorry, I've never played the OG so some of that stuff I'm not in on aside from just playing HR. lol

I know of store in London that is selling them early yeah, plus I met someone on PSN who got the game too.

UK here and would therefore be very interested as to what store, although obviously it isn't good form to straight up out them.

Simo

UK here and would therefore be very interested as to what store, although obviously it isn't good form to straight up out them.
PM sent. :)
Hm, only 13 viewers. Would've expected a lot more for a stream this early.

Also, it's been running for more than an hour.

Yeah he's been going for 2 hours now and I found it via my PS4 and the Live from Playstation app. He doesn't have it listed as Mankind Divided either on YouTube.

Inorganic

So story aside, how is the general presentation and gameplay compared to HR? Is it a noticeable upgrade? Are the dialogue trees expanded with more significant story repercussions, or about the same? Are the city hubs larger and more dense than those in HR? Thats one thing I loved about HR, exploring every inch of the city hubs and finding all the secrets.

Mifec

So story aside, how is the general presentation and gameplay compared to HR? Is it a noticeable upgrade? Are the dialogue trees expanded with more significant story repercussions, or about the same? Are the city hubs larger and more dense than those in HR? Thats one thing I loved about HR, exploring every inch of the city hubs and finding all the secrets.

Hub has a far better map then in HR and seems to be bigger, augs screen revamped and more sleek, convos about the same so far.

Simo

Presentation has been top notch. From starting to the game to the first level and then opening title sequence. Cutscenes look great too and even though the stream isn't the best quality everything is looking good, stable 30fps so far too but he's playing with a day one patch.

Love the new Augmentations screen. It's a 3D render of Jensen that zooms in on the zone you choose and then selecting that Aug then goes to another screen showing a 3D render of the aug and the different upgrade paths. Dialog tree has been the same as HR so far.

City hub got Prague looks bigger but you've got the same exploration really, IE apartments, stores, sewers etc so there's plenty to explore and lots of side missions.

Presentation has been top notch. From starting to the game to the first level and then opening title sequence. Cutscenes look great too and even though the stream isn't the best quality everything is looking good, stable 30fps so far too but he's playing with a day one patch.

Love the new Augmentations screen. It's a 3D render of Jensen that zooms in on the zone you choose and then selecting that Aug then goes to another screen showing a 3D render of the aug and the different upgrade paths. Dialog tree has been the same as HR so far.

I'd love a link to the stream. Just want to see a quick 5 minutes :D

As a side note I'm kinda concerned Prague is the only hub world in this game as far as I'm aware. Was hoping to do a bit of globe trotting to different hub worlds like in DE:HR.

Vic_Viper

Holy Crap, people are already getting copies for the game?

Anyone have a link for the stream want to pm it to me/

Simo

I'd love a link to the stream. Just want to see a quick 5 minutes :D

As a side note I'm kinda concerned Prague is the only hub world in this game as far as I'm aware. Was hoping to do a bit of globe trotting to different hub worlds like in DE:HR.

Prague is only one of the city hubs. You'll encounter more like Golem City too.

Holy Crap, people are already getting copies for the game?

Anyone have a link for the stream want to pm it to me/

Stream link is in the OP.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is Faridah really not in the game at all and confirmed as dead?

Simo

I like the new touch for the eBooks and pocket secretaries. lol

Also it looks like the dude's stream is going relatively un-noticed outside of GAF.

Window

Character models and animations are underwhelming. Still, looks good otherwise. I've only just started watching it but I'm curious how the gameplay has evolved.

I gave that shop a ring, he confirmed it lol. Seemed sound as well. He said they don't do delivery but he asked me if i had paypal, feel like i might have got it if i'd pushed a little.

My sister just got back from there today as well 🙁

Might have to give it another go on Monday.

Simo

I gave that shop a ring, he confirmed it lol. Seemed sound as well. He said they don't do delivery but he asked me if i had paypal, feel like i might have got it if i'd pushed a little.

My sister just got back from there today as well 🙁

Might have to give it another go on Monday.

Niiiice!! Yeah I'm in the US but I asked him on Facebook so I could pass the word on to London gaffers, he told me to call him about a copy too. lol

Top Bottom