• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Zero Time Dilemma Preorders - Aksys Watch Tax in Europe is 10x Atlus Tax!

Aksys is a bad company.

However, I can't fault Amazon - they certainly did right by me. I basically got the game + watch (perfect condition, phew) for free, plus $10 Amazon credit to boot. Feel bad for everyone here who is still dealing with Aksys's shenanigans, but my game is now over with the good ending.
Aksys paid that $10 credit out of pocket.

jschreier

Got mine. The case has been completely smashed open, with some tape on the sides. Is there supposed to be a bottom to it? It was in a plastic bag.

And the watch is broken. It's missing a button, so I can't change the time. Unless I memorize the time difference, fittingly.

But this is definitely the original watches, isnt it? The date on my watch is June 9th, just before the games release date...
Can you email me a couple of photos? A bunch of people have been pinging me about all these issues and I'm planning a story for Monday.

Remk

Got mine. The case has been completely smashed open, with some tape on the sides. Is there supposed to be a bottom to it? It was in a plastic bag.

And the watch is broken. It's missing a button, so I can't change the time. Unless I memorize the time difference, fittingly.

But this is definitely the original watches, isnt it? The date on my watch is June 9th, just before the games release date...

That's just insulting, you should just ask for a full refund AND a new watch.

One thing that really bothers me is the lack of a real official response from Aksys, acknowledging and apologizing for this ordeal would at least create some goodwill and not have people thinking of not supporting the company again.

Or is it that they just don't give a shit? :/

Shoyz

One came today

post pics, tweet it at them.
Maybe Schreier will do another post about this on Kotaku

Busy for the rest of the day, anybody who has a watch just press the left button twice! Maybe it's a mixed batch of the salvageable old ones and we'll see newer dates.

GLuigi

Just got my watch

TWxLunA.jpg

As you can see, the watch buckle came off loose (Thankfully that was an easy fix). On the other side, you can clearly see where the watch was supposed to be attached to the game.

The date on my watch says 7/23

hayejin

Left one is from Gamestop. The other two are for Vita and 3DS order from Amazon.

Check out the center one with the left dial loose. All cases are broken.

I am in agreement with everyone that this is the original batch that was damaged.

I'd bet new clean pristine versions will show up on aksys store or be sold exclusively in conventions in coming months.

I've pretty much accepted my watch is going to come in tomorrow and be broken in some way.

A better company would be apologizing left and right during this whole ordeal rather than have some guy who works at Aksys say "they're coming" on Twitter every 3 weeks.

Sondar

I just got off the chat with Amazon support regarding the import fees I need to pay for the watch, note that I already have it ordered and that it was in transit before I started this chat, and I have some good news for us EU people:

Subham: Thank you for waiting KiraFA37
Please be assured as the import duty fee will be refunded back to you.

Me: How will this exactly work?

Subham: As we have faced this issue we have added data to our system and the import duty fee will be refunded back to all the customers who has purchased this game.

Me: Will it also refund the part I paid with some leftover gift card money I had on my account?

Subham: Yes. It will be refunded back to you.

Me: Okay well that answers my questions completely, any info on when this refund will happen?

Subham: We are still working on this as there are lot many customers who has bought this product. So this might take few days to be processed. We will notify you as soon as we will refund you back the full amount.

Hats of to Amazon for the amazing support so far.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Still worried though that it'll get the attention of customs who will keep it until their fees are paid. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So has anyone contacted Amazon about the condition their watch arrived in?

Mine will arrive tomorrow, but at this rate, I'm expecting something wrong with it.

hayejin

So has anyone contacted Amazon about the condition their watch arrived in?

Mine will arrive tomorrow, but at this rate, I'm expecting something wrong with it.

Thought about it but I just don't think it'd do any good and be like any other normal returns/exchanges since they set the item price at 500. And it's not like they're going to be able to order the replacement and zero out the balance when they can't even order second watch and zero out the balance for people who ordered multiple 3DS copies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't get any notifications about mine shipping. Also, I moved, so that might complicate things...
You might be fine. I moved during the duration of getting the game & getting the email about the watch. Basically, they'll send an email & there'll be a discount on your account & you can choose where to ship it. It doesn't seem that it has to be sent to the same address the game was shipped to, as long as it's on the same account.

Felldoh

Both my watches arrived today from Amazon, like everyone else the plastic cover is cracked on both. The left one has more cracks than the right one. No actual damage to any of my watches, and they both arrived in bubble wrap packaging.

//ARCANUM

So this is what probably happened, right?

1. Aksys gets watches in, damage to packaging
2. Aksys doesn't send watches, says we'll get new ones
3. ?????? (Maybe Aksys tries to get new ones made and decides it's too expensive?)
4. Aksys sends out the original brokeass watches

That pretty much sums it up?

milkham

3. ?????? (Maybe Aksys tries to get new ones made and decides it's too expensive?)

Not necessarily. I mean its easy to believe the worst given what's happened, but here's an alternative scenario,

1. Retailers get watches+game bundles damaged
2. Aksys says don't send the watches
3. Aksys gets new watches made and sends them to amazon
4. Amazon sends new watches in FUCKING BUBBLE MAILERS
5. We get shat on.

or maybe amazon and gamestop still had the old broken watches and are mistakenly shipping those?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Basically that. Also:

5. To prevent scalpers, Amazon lists the free watch as $500, giving you $500 credit, seemingly unaware this insane price ratchets up the international tax for delivery.

Felldoh

There should have been a fragile or handle with care label on these packages, I wonder if that would have made a difference...

Well glad it's almost over, just got to make sure I get my import fee refund now 🙄

wig

So the glue is pretty much a dead giveaway that these were the watches (or at least the cases for the watches) that got damaged. What a mess. I'm not even looking forward to receiving mine tomorrow...

Not necessarily. I mean its easy to believe the worst given what's happened, but here's an alternative scenario,

1. Retailers get watches+game bundles damaged
2. Aksys says don't send the watches
3. Aksys gets new watches made and sends them to amazon
4. Amazon sends new watches in FUCKING BUBBLE MAILERS
5. We get shat on.

or maybe amazon and gamestop still had the old broken watches and are mistakenly shipping those?

I had a few other things in my watch order (and they combined both watch orders) so my watches came in a box with my other items with the airbags for packing. The box was fine and they were pretty secure but my watches still look like garbage (and both have glue spots). I really believe that these are the original "damaged in transit" watches

Dwayne

For anyone who hasn't shipped yet, I asked for them to ship it in a box due to reports of broken cases, got this response in chat support:

04:27 AM PDT Amazon: I will contact the concerned team and will ask them to send the watch in a box.

You don't have to worry about this issue now.

Hopefully it does.

Seems like amazon is causing themselves an unnecessary headache by not shipping in a small parcel box. I wonder if you can buy a little display box like that anywhere?

I now expect the case to be cracked but the watch is hopefully not broken.

I just got one of mine and like everyone else, there are cracks in the cases. My cracks are on the smaller side compared to what some of you guys have gotten, but the watch isn't centered and shifted to the side and kinda bent. I'm starting to think the bubble mailers aren't the problem; although, they do suck and shouldn't have been sent in them. Given how everyone is getting cracked cases, I have to think that they were cracked before shipping. I kind of refuse to believe that every single watch sent got cracked during shipping. You would think just that the odds are that someone would get something undamaged even with the bubble mailers.

milkham

I had a few other things in my watch order (and they combined both watch orders) so my watches came in a box with my other items with the airbags for packing. The box was fine and they were pretty secure but my watches still look like garbage (and both have glue spots). I really believe that these are the original "damaged in transit" watches

well, that's pretty damning

Felldoh

Just finished chatting with an Amazon chat representative and my Import Fee refund will be processed within 3-5 business days. The Amazon representative personally notified this issue on my account in order to help speed up the process which was kind of him. Much better than the within 30 days estimate that was mentioned at first by another Amazon chat representative

There's no way that all of the original batches were too damaged to ship out, and there is no way that Aksys would pay to have the whole batch remade. They would have thrown out and replaced only the ones that looked absolutely unsalvageable.

Their standards may have been lower than yours in doing this.

Seth

Well guess im just going to cancel mine. Amazon can't figure it out. for the past week the delivery date keeps getting set one day up, i have gotten an email every day telling me the delivery date has been pushed back a day. Several emails and chats and im just going in circles of reps telling me how sorry they are and they "see a problem preventing shipping but rest assured i fixed it".

Not really worth wasting anymore time on, especially since they apparently can't even package it correctly.

There's no way that all of the original batches were too damaged to ship out, and there is no way that Aksys would pay to have the whole batch remade. They would have thrown out and replaced only the ones that looked absolutely unsalvageable.

Their standards may have been lower than yours in doing this.
I was never under the impression that all were damaged. But they didnt want to ship some and not others.

But the fact that almost everyone's watches are coming with sub par cases or broken, either these are the first batch or they really need a new watch manufacturer

my watch just came in. it was in a cheesy thin yellow envelope ,thankfully no cracks

here's some shots: still has the glue ripped off the back of a game
MV3Umqah.jpg

51se0KOh.jpg

So, despite saying it would arrive today by 8pm, neither the game or watch has yet been shipped.

I can't believe that I (someone who received the email about shipping separately even though it never did, approved several emails about a delay and never complained to CS until yesterday when they assured it would come today) still have absolutely no information about the situation. No emails, no shipping info, nothing. Never got an email about buying the watch separately even. It's so weird. I feel like Amazon is just gonna cancel it eventually. I preordered this thing in July 2015!

NeededSleep

Got my watch, dial was broken off, face is scratched up and the clasp for the strap was broken off too.

Fucking he'll this is one cheap POS compared to the first watch.

So for those folks who preordered both Vita and 3DS, have you had success getting a second credit? I've only received one so far. I am not excited about contacting CS since it sounds like everybody has a problem.

//ARCANUM

So for those folks who preordered both Vita and 3DS, have you had success getting a second credit? I've only received one so far. I am not excited about contacting CS since it sounds like everybody has a problem.

I was able to get both, but I had ordered the Vita version and 3DS version of the game separately in separate orders last year.

I got my refund . Amazon did a great job by giving the refund using my other old orders, umm as in they refunded the amount by giving me partial refund on my others older orders that in total will my refund amount. My watch order still says over $40 but I got my money back. Surprising flexible and will order from Amazon again but I know who not to support now.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So this glue and broken cases proves they lied and are shipping out original watches? Crazy...

Top Bottom