• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

Alucrid

Banned
Wow the ball was in his court and he fumbled it into a shitstorm. Karma at work. It's beautiful

He's now a controversial mess and the face of a product. I'd say having him on the team certainly hurts the product. If he doesn't leave I imagine other developers will

probably shouldn't have been wearing flip flops while attempting a crossover then

Do people here think Luckey did something worthy of losing his job here? I havent been able to read too deeply because Ive been very busy.
What exactly did he do that might deserve him losing his job?

If nobody thinks that, ignore me lol.

Mahonay

Banned
I saw that video of him apparently at a Trump rally in the other thread (go 1:52 in on this video, https://youtu.be/oJLQMbYrAkc). Was that ever confirmed to be him?

Him being a Trump supporter is disappointing, but him using his fortune to bankroll this group is just completely unforgivable and disgusting. Love that he talks tough on Reddit and then just completely backpeddles away from it when confronted. He's just complete scum.
HAHA. That is DEFINITELY Palmer. Yeah...Gary Johnson supporter.

chadskin

I saw that video of him apparently at a Trump rally in the other thread (go 1:52 in on this video, https://youtu.be/oJLQMbYrAkc). Was that ever confirmed to be him?

Him being a Trump supporter is disappointing, but him using his fortune to bankroll this group is just completely unforgivable and disgusting. Love that he talks tough on Reddit and then just completely backpeddles away from it when confronted. He's just complete scum.

Wow.

The thread just keeps getting better and better

It's like pure upward trajectory

theWB27

Do people here think Luckey did something worthy of losing his job here? I havent been able to read too deeply because Ive been very busy.

Helped bankroll some racists. Supports a racists, trump, getting office. Has a gf who thinks about the same.

Nothing.

It's just a matter of basic survival for Oculus, however.

If that sounds strange, it is, but it's not, but it is... but it's really not.

I saw that video of him apparently at a Drumpf rally in the other thread (go 1:52 in on this video, https://youtu.be/oJLQMbYrAkc). Was that ever confirmed to be him?

Him being a Drumpf supporter is disappointing, but him using his fortune to bankroll this group is just completely unforgivable and disgusting. Love that he talks tough on Reddit and then just completely backpeddles away from it when confronted. He's just complete scum.

This thread is just delivering.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
CtFziu3W8AARIjm.jpg

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/779531261987684352/photo/1

Mahonay

Banned
What.
The.
Fuck.

Basically you're saying only Palmer can tell if he's lying or not even when there is clear evidence he is.

What's next, you are provided with video of him actually typng the post, posting it on oculus website, verbally saying "I'm nimble and I am making this post"

And your response would be "nah, thats not true, if you're not Palmer you can't know derrrr"

Fuck.
That.
That was a satirical post. It got someone else earlier too.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Crazy. Doubling down on it with a non-apology... well, watching this continue to blow up will be entertaining.

Really sucks for the people who bought rifts though.

Seventy70

That's definitely him.

Yazzees

Definitely. His job at this point was just being a public figure. Hard to do that job well when you've been outed on something like this AND handled the fallout very poorly.

Crazy. Doubling down on it with a non-apology... well, watching this continue to blow up will be entertaining.

Really sucks for the people who bought rifts though.

gc49Sej.gif

They bought into an inferior product in the first place.
Vive was always the industry standard and leader in VR.
Hey, there is always Craigslist and Ebay.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Zuckerberg & Wife: Gives shitloads of money & time to help cure things.

Palmer Lucky & his GF: Spend money & time helping to spread hate.

🤔

I'd put money on that being Palmer

Let's try this...

It isn't about people yelling for a lynching, it's people throwing shade at him over his fucked up views.

As for him being fired, people may want it because it would be a good community move from Oculus and Facebook.

People asking for him to be fired is less of a personal attack against the man and more of a wish for blood in the water to show justice for his actions.

funny thing is all he had to do is make an apology (an actual apology), disappear for a few months while taking some lessons in how to hold your tongue
he wouldn't even need stop supporting cheeto benito

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Oh dear... you would think a person would actual state they dont agree with any of the groups intentions or beliefs entirely when posting a defence... Its cool to be a libertarian if you want and you agree with those ideals (or any other ideals really). All the more power to you, but these approaches honestly dont jive with what a libertarian truly is making his decisions even more bizarre.

Now, the real question here, in the sense of gaming, is towards the rift. Do those who are on the edge agree that this is enough to maintain their preorder? THere are literaly hundreds, if not more, of good people who will be punished if individuals dont.

lol at him being a low key Trump supporter trying to play it off by saying he supports Johnson. That seems pretty typical from the shame of it

Aces&Eights

Zuckerberg & Wife: Gives shitloads of money to help cure things.

Palmer Lucky & his GF: Spend money & time helping to spread hate.

🤔

Which is why it is becoming increasingly disheartening to not hear a response from Facebook at this time. I'm really hoping the pages of puke Palmer has provided us with are not from Facebook PR with the hopes that this will distance themselves enough from the situation. Zuck really needs to make a clear statement, SOON, as to the actions Facebook feels it needs to take based on this mess.

kingocfs

My avatar can be classified as anime and even I find it hard to dispute this trend.

Take a look at myanimelist forum and you can see an overwhelming alt right with little regards on people who are outside of their groups.

No offense to someone like you, of course. Or anime. But yeah, it's real.

Saya

I can't anymore. This fucking guy. Hope FB gets rid of him asap.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh dear... you would think a person would actual state they dont agree with any of the groups intentions or beliefs entirely when posting a defence... Its cool to be a libertarian if you want and you agree with those ideals (or any other ideals really). All the more power to you, but these approaches honestly dont jive with what a libertarian truly is making his decisions even more bizarre.

Now, the real question here, in the sense of gaming, is towards the rift. Do those who are on the edge agree that this is enough to maintain their preorder? THere are literaly hundreds, if not more, of good people who will be punished if individuals dont.
He's lying out of his fucking ass about being Libertarian. You can see him at a Trump rally in a video posted just above.

Also all of his Twitter likes are in support of Trump, not Johnson.

Top Bottom