• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Situations like this are why I ask the seller to just let me use regular PayPal and cover the fees myself. Too much risk involved for somebody to scam you and then if you use F&F you can't seek any recourse.

New002

So I refunded 25$ to the 4 guys that bought me the Gears of War 4 codes.
One of them was spreading the word that I wasn't answering and was just scamming people when I was making sure I could give them as much as possible.
Yeah, they are 10$ dollars down, but I lost around 60$ because one guy that I bought codes ( thinking they were legit, not like some are saying that I knew that was selling amazon codes and I used the glitch lol, wish I had) simply shitted on me.
If you want to give me negative feedback go ahead. I did the best I could out of this situation. Believe me, i don't like to lose money like I did. thanks
But it's fine. Judge me all you want.

Caaaaaan do.

The only right move here was to refund all of your buyers the full amount. Simple as that.

One of them was spreading the word that I wasn't answering and was just scamming people when I was making sure I could give them as much as possible.
Yeah, they are 10$ dollars down, but I lost around 60$ because one guy that I bought codes ( thinking they were legit, not like some are saying that I knew that was selling amazon codes and I used the glitch lol, wish I had) simply shitted on me.
If you want to give me negative feedback go ahead. I did the best I could out of this situation. Believe me, i don't like to lose money like I did.
You scammed people. That doesn't justify anything.

PseudoViper

If you want to give me negative feedback go ahead. I did the best I could out of this situation. Believe me, i don't like to lose money like I did.

Dude, how tf are you gonna sell a product that doesn't work and not give people their money back? Wow that was scummy ass shit. You got burnt by a seller and now you're gonna burn your buyers in return?!

Those 4 individuals didn't have anything to do with a deal that went wrong on YOUR end. That's YOUR fault! YOU decided to buy shady keys. YOU tried to flip them on some shady shit. The keys YOU bought and resold didn't work so the RIGHT thing to do is refund their money in full, because at the end of the day that's YOUR f**k up.

Let this be a note to EVERYONE, I would never buy anything from you 'sir_dany12'! There should be a blacklist for people like you. Sellers to be wary of.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
For Sale:
Playstation 4 Camera - one of the original ones - barely used, mint condition. Looking for $35 shipped.

As one of sir_dany12's buyers, I really don't know what to say. I tried defending the guy, thinking he was getting hit hard with refund requests.

I bought it from him before I saw the mass key giveaway over on reddit that resulted in this kerfuffle. I just have a hard time figuring out why I lose money because he refuses to lose money himself...

So, as I said over in the GoW4 thread, I'll give the guy some time to really get his thinking together before I try to move forward with a dispute.

WTS:

Hearthstone
Hero Tyrande Whisperwind & Card back - $8

[US Eshop Codes]

3DS
Retro City Rampage: DX & Theme - $1

Wii U:
$1
Affordable Space Adventures (2x)
Darksiders II
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Swords & Soldiers II

Square Enix
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - $4

Steam:
$1
Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition
Door Kickers
FORCED
Front Mission Evolved
Retro City Rampage DX
Risen
Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
TransOcean: The Shipping Company
WARMACHINE Tactics
WARMACHINE Tactics - Mercenaries Faction Bundle

Free

Samorost 2
Asphyxia

Want: Paypal

WTB:
Solstice

Soulflarz

Banned
As one of sir_dany12's buyers, I really don't know what to say. I tried defending the guy, thinking he was getting hit hard with refund requests.

But then I remembered that he advertised in the B/S/T thread that he had a key from the GTX 1070/1080 he had purchased. So, not knowing it was actually an illegitimate key, I bought it from him before I saw the mass key giveaway over on reddit that resulted in this curfluffle.

So, as I said over in the GoW4 thread, I'll give the guy some time to really get his thinking together before I try to move forward with a dispute. It's one thing to say your code was rendered illegitimate because of a mass scam. It's another to lie about where you received the key for sale and, in turn, flip that onto an unknowing consumer.

And this is why I said it's ridiculous.
Well, at least we all know the people who tried selling them as legit keys and know not to do business with them!

WTS Street Fighter V Steam key - $23 SOLD

Payment by Paypal or Amazon GC.

WTS Humble Bundle Steam keys

GameMaker Studio Pro + Android Module - $2 (for both keys). Payment by Amazon GC only.
SOLD

PM me if you're interested.

rj118

For sale:

Nintendo eShop credit: $35 for $32
Halo Master Chief Collection code: $14
Pokemon White cart only: $25 shipped in the US
Star Fox Guard disc and case: $10 shipped in the US

Not sure if there are any Pokemon TCG Online players out there, but I have a few BW Plasma Freeze booster pack codes for sale at $1.50 each along with a Pikachu EX box code for $3 and an Ash Greninja EX box code for $2.

WTT: I have a 500GB Xbox One S that I'd like to trade for a 500GB PS4 Slim. I would cover the cost of shipping on both ends.

Siyou

WTB:
dreamcast video cable

demon's souls

dark souls 1 - 3

PM me and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I'm between moving and can only reply when I'm at the office. Thanks!

xAlias

As a reseller of the codes, you were making profit at the risk of the codes being bad or getting revoked.

Now that the codes have been revoked, translating the loses you took in the initial buy/investment you made (to sell for profit) to your sellers is not ethical.

Why would anyone buy anything from you in the future if you can't take responsibility for your actions and would rather have your buyers take the hit as well?

Selling:

Make offers for any of the following:

Xbox 360 Grand Theft Auto V - Complete / mint - $15 shipped
Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2: Collector's Edition - Complete, slight wear on sleeve, DLC codes are used - $15 shipped
Xbox 360 Halo 3: ODST - Complete / mint
Xbox 360 Halo: CE Anniversary Edition - Complete / mint
Xbox 360 Halo 3 - Complete / mint
Xbox 360 Battlefield 3: Premium Edition, DLC codes are used

Take the Halo games for $30 shipped
Take all the 360 games for $60 shipped

Gamecube - The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - Complete and in good/excellent condition, pics available upon request - $30 shipped

Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Complete/mint - $20 shipped

Buying

Mario Kart 7 - 3DS physical copy - $15

PayPal F&F preferred payment method.

Buyer Feedback:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Seller Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Varg

Banned
WTS
Xbox one S 1 TB system (white). Excellent condition
Xbox one white controller
Call of duty world at war physical copy
(260.00) plus shipping

WTS
Custom Nvidia Gaming PC
i7 6700k CPU
980Ti GPU
32GB Ram
Windows 10
2TB HDD
256GB SDD
Z170 Deluxe Mobo
AOC 2460G5 GSYNC monitor
Razor Deathadder
Razor Deathstalker
SteelSeries mouse pad
Xbox 360 Windows wireless controller with adapter
Logitech Webcam
(1200 OBO)

*Local pickup also available for both (North NJ) (PM me for pictures)

AkumaNiko

WTS

Wii u, Great working console $180 + shipping

pWQPdl1l.jpg

Raspberry Pi 2 model b w/ case $35 shipped

ZjeLF1kl.jpg

Xbox one controller + PC cable $35 Shipped

FUwHPBCl.jpg

Halo 5 Sealed + MCC $25 shipped.

xipvUl5l.jpg

NeatoKuni

I've never done this before, but not only did Best Buy send me my movie 3 days early but they also accidentally put in 10 digital code inserts in my copy of FFXV Kingsglaive. I got really excited thinking there was like a mini artbook or something but I guess they just got stuck together. I gave a few away to my pals but I'm selling 7 of them to help out with bills and stuff. I'm selling them for 5$ a pop. They're Ultraviolet codes and idk if it matters but I live in the US. Please PM me if you're interested, I take PayPal! I'd prefer F&F so I don't need to pay the extra charge but whatever you're comfortable with i'm ok with!!! ♥

tl;dr:
Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive UltraViolet Digital Codes (x4) 5$ a piece.

I'm gonna look through the rules in the OP again to see if I'm doing this right!

edit: so because my copy came in early i don't think any of the codes will be active until it's officially released tomorrow! (10/4) so to avoid any issues i'm going to wait until then!

edit: and the codes are all working (they even work with vudu!)! i already sold a few over twitter and one here. i'll link to the feedback once it's posted!

Squarehard

WTT/S (US Only):

Pokemon Fire Red New Sealed (Creases and dents on sides of box, corners are all fine) $250 Shipped
8xXDZTL.png

Fire Emblem Special Edition New Sealed (dings/dents on corners of box) $210 Shipped
0zwnsj5l.jpg

All Complete: Fatal Fury (Good), Fatal Fury (Very Good), Fatal Fury 2 (Good), Thrash Rally (Neo Geo Sticker Seal Still in Tact, Game never opened, Very Good) Open to offers for all 4
NhdRRvI.png

Toy Biz Capcom Video Game Super Stars Darkstalkers 3 Talbain & BB Bonnie Hood $25 Shipped

3DS:

Rhythm Thief (Like New) $50 Shipped
Project X Zone Limited Edition (Brand New Sealed) $37 Shipped
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX Limited Edition (Brand New Sealed, box a little crushed, have multiples available) $40 Shipped

Wii:

Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook (Complete with slipcover, some wear on cover and steelbook, have multiples available) $45 Shipped

Vita (Complete in original case w/cover art):

Akiba's Trip
Demon Gaze
Disgaea 3
Hyperdevotion Noire
Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Natural Doctrine
Valhalla Knights 3
Gravity Rush
Earth Defense Force 2
Persona 4 Golden
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter (New sealed, UPC hole punched)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (UPC hole punched)
Putty Squad (UPC hole punched)

PS3:

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Steelbook (Complete w/game and manual, no slipcover) $30 Shipped

Anime:

DVD
Tsuritama Complete Collection (New/Sealed, more than a few available) $20 Shipped
You're Under Arrest S1 Box Set 2 (Good-Very Good, Used) $40 Shipped

Steam:
Muv-Luv Extra/Unlimited Steam Code $20

Paypal

Want To Buy/Trade For:

[Preferred]Vita JP titles, Breach & Clear Vita, ZTD Vita, Odin Sphere Vita
Paypal
Amazon GC
NISA Vita LEs(Atelier Escha/Ar Nosurge/Demon Gaze/etc)
IF Vita LEs (Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE/Black Heart)
Vita memory cards 32gb/64gb

Risible

Does any kind soul of a Pokemon Go Plus for sale at a reasonable price? My wife got into Pokemon Go (she's not a gamer) and I really want to get her one for Christmas. Sadly the scalpers are snapping them all up.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
What do used first-gen iPad Airs go for these days? I'd be interested in buying one that's in good shape, even if it's a lower capacity/16GBer. Thanks.

coopolon

Situations like this are why I ask the seller to just let me use regular PayPal and cover the fees myself. Too much risk involved for somebody to scam you and then if you use F&F you can't seek any recourse.

My understanding is that paypal buyer protection only covers physical goods, not digital codes. If I'm wrong someone please correct me, but I don't think paying the fee helps you in the long run when buying a game code or digital currency type thing.

Edit: actually, just checked and they changed their policy last July and it now also covers intangibles so I am totally wrong. Good to know!

Geneijin

My understanding is that paypal buyer protection only covers physical goods, not digital codes. If I'm wrong someone please correct me, but I don't think paying the fee helps you in the long run when buying a game code or digital currency type thing.
No, you're right. ebay doesn't protect you in the loss of digital goods. It's why that's one of the biggest scams there still.

WTT:
I have: a 12 month Playstation Plus subscription

I would trade for: a digital code for Forza Horizon 3 or Gears of War 4 if anyone is interested.

Geneijin

PayPal does now. Was updated sometime back.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Examples of digitally delivered goods that you can list on eBay as long as you follow the requirements above:
MP3 music you wrote, recorded, and own all the rights to
Homemade movies you created and own the rights to
Computer software you created and own the rights to
Software that you're authorized to sell online by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
Digital art you captured yourself and own the rights to or that you're authorized to sell online by the owner, the owner’s authorized agent, or the law
Photos you captured yourself and own the rights to
Recipes you created yourself and own the rights to

Where does it say explicitly?

Geneijin

I didn't say eBay. I said PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/brc/buyer-protection

It's not going to say digital codes specifically if that's what you're after, but I've gotten a refund on a digital item before from them.
Ah, right. Maybe it's a good thing they're separated then. You're correct.

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/buyerprotection-full?locale.x=en_DE

3. Eligibility

In order to qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection in the addition to the conditions of Section 5 the following requirements must be met.

3.1 The Buyer has purchased an item and paid for it;
Using PayPal from a registered PayPal Account, or
Using other payment methods on the German eBay website www.ebay.de where and to the extent a protection program is specifically advertised for that specific eBay purchase (“eBay Garantie”) (Please note the specific requirements in Section 5.3); or
Using the PayPal payment upon installment service (“Ratenzahlung Powered by PayPal”); or
Using the PayPal “Bezahlung nach 14 Tagen” service (“Bezahlung nach 14 Tagen“); or
Using PayPal to make a payment without PayPal Account.

3.2 Purchases of most goods and services are eligible (including travel tickets, intangible items such as rights of access to digital content and other licenses), except for purchases of the following:

Z_Y

Positive Feedback for bigwinnerx!

Bought a XB1 controller from him and he even included the batteries! Thanks man!

For Sale!

Digital Games. All codes are from the US, unless otherwise noted.

Steam
• MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies - $14
• Phantom Brave PC: Chroma Edition - $10
• Prison Architect (Humble Bundle Gift) - $6
• The Stanley Parable - $9
• Nuclear Throne - $8
• Homefront: The Revolution - $10

PS4
• Grand Kingdom - $15
• Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force - $20

Vita
• MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death - $20
• Trillion: God of Destruction - $10
• Stranger of Sword City - $15

Rowena

Neo Member
WTS: I have unopened Naruto Box Set 1 (sealed) and Naruto Box Set 2 (sealed). Looking to sell for 75$ each and whatever shipping cost. Reason why I'm selling so cheap is because Barnes and Nobel sent two. Cleared Up with Barnes and Nobel and said to keep them. Will ship USPS. If interested, I'll check shipping cost and give full total.

RkOwnage

WTS:

iPhone 6S 64gb Verizon Space Gray - $500 OBO
jZWBex1t.jpg
l3Gn0Mut.jpg
aXqdkPdt.jpg

In VERY good condition, I used it for about 6 months. It has a Zagg Glass shield installed, there is no damage to the screen, or the side of it. It has been in this same Leather 6S Case since I purchased it. Updated to iOS10. Includes original packaging and all contents.

Samsung Gear S2 - Dark Gray - $75 OBO
Qa02dNft.jpg
7UfWgW7t.jpg

Has one light scratch around the bezel, otherwise great condition. Includes small and large size gray bands, as well as the charging dock and original packaging.

PAYPAL ONLY! US48. PM!!

Labadal

WTS:

iPhone 6S 64gb Verizon Space Gray - $500 OBO

In VERY good condition, I used it for about 6 months. It has a Zagg Glass shield installed, there is no damage to the screen, or the side of it. It has been in this same Leather 6S Case since I purchased it. Updated to iOS10. Includes original packaging and all contents.

Samsung Gear S2 - Dark Gray - $75 OBO

Has one light scratch around the bezel, otherwise great condition. Includes small and large size gray bands, as well as the charging dock and original packaging.

PAYPAL ONLY! US48. PM!!
Please, read the rules in the OP. A maximum of five pics per listing. You can put the others in links. The rules also tell you what the maximum size of the pics should be.

Glassboy

Lol. You are an fool for screwing people over

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Unethical as fuck. Refund their money if you have any hope of credibility here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom