• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTS

Warcraft digital HD code. Works on iTunes or Ultraviolet. $8

The following are codes from the movie case, redeemable at warcraft.com/movie:
World of Warcraft game - free

Warcraft DVD, willing to ship to the lower 48 US states. $7 shipped. Does not come in the movie case, only a blank case.

GameMaker Studio Pro and Android Module from the Humble Bundle available. $5.

I would trade any or all for The Witcher 3 PC Season Pass.

PayPal only. Thanks.

WTS
f3OeDxq.jpg

Hearthstone Hero and Card Back: Tyrande Whisperwind, Priestess of Elune - $8

Rp3JEl2.jpg

SMITE God Skin: Exclusive Twitch Boss Ymir Skin - $1

Pjb0DVe.jpg

Paladins Weapon Skin: Bomb King Weapon Skin - $1

header.jpg

Galak-Z - $1

Paypal F&F only.

So I refunded 25$ to the 4 guys that bought me the Gears of War 4 codes.
One of them was spreading the word that I wasn't answering and was just scamming people when I was making sure I could give them as much as possible.
Yeah, they are 10$ dollars down, but I lost around 60$ because one guy that I bought codes ( thinking they were legit, not like some are saying that I knew that was selling amazon codes and I used the glitch lol, wish I had) simply shitted on me.
If you want to give me negative feedback go ahead. I did the best I could out of this situation. Believe me, i don't like to lose money like I did.
But it's fine. Judge me all you want.

LQX

One of them was spreading the word that I wasn't answering and was just scamming people when I was making sure I could give them as much as possible.
Yeah, they are 10$ dollars down, but I lost around 60$ because one guy that I bought codes ( thinking they were legit, not like some are saying that I knew that was selling amazon codes and I used the glitch lol, wish I had) simply shitted on me.
If you want to give me negative feedback go ahead. I did the best I could out of this situation. Believe me, i don't like to lose money like I did.

You make it sound like you did them a favor. They shouldn't be down anything regardless of how much you personally lost. They should get their full refund.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

So the 4 guys paid you $35 each, and you only refunded them $25 each.
Yeah, you deserve bad feedback. The fact that some other guy isn't refunding you for the same keys isn't their concern.

You should have ate the loss and moved on or fought for your own personal refund.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a Gold Seller, so buy with confidence! PM me if you want photos, or if you'd like to make an offer. I'm willing to negotiate!

Minecraft game codes from the Xbox One bundle. $20 in PayPal

No Man's Sky Collector's Edition (PS4) - Played once. DLC & preorder DLC unused. Outer box is a little dinged up, other contents are in great condition. $40/shipped
Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition (Vita) - Opened & unplayed. $30/shipped.
Cubic Ninja (3DS) - Sealed. $30/shipped.
The Last Story Limited Edition w/ Soundtrack CD (Wii) - Sealed. - $50/shipped
Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition (PS3) - Sealed. $40/shipped

Super Famicom Games (Cart Only unless otherwise noted) U.S. shipping is included in the price.
Front Mission Gun Hazard - $10
Pop'n Twinbee - $13
Rushing Beat Ran - $13
Nangoku Shounen Papuwa-kun - $13
Mazinger Z - $15
Kunio Tachi No Banka - $15
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel - $23
Wrecking Crew '98 - $32

If you want all the SFC games, I'll sell them as a bundle for $100/shipped

Soulflarz

Banned

Give them their other $10 back. This is scummy.

Labadal

I'm judging you. It's a dick move, plain and simple. I would have left negative feedback and warning signs for everyone to see. At this point, who knows if you still made a profit after refunding them less than you should. Jeepers creepers.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I lost around 60$ because one guy that I bought codes ( thinking they were legit, not like some are saying that I knew that was selling amazon codes and I used the glitch lol, wish I had) simply shitted on me.

So because one dude "shit on you", you decide to shit on the 4 people that bought codes from you here ?

The best you could do was fully refund people. It's not their problem that whoever you bought keys from scammed you, you shouldn't be scamming people in return.

Interesting decision making the post, your conscience is clearly bothering you. I imagine you made this post because you do feel bad, which is why you would even post the happenings, and you're still debating it.

I would suggest you trust your gut feeling and refund the remaining $10 to each, it will make you feel better.

rdytoroll

I'm judging you. It's a dick move, plain and simple. I would have left negative feedback and warning signs for everyone to see. At this point, who knows if you still made a profit after refunding them less than you should. Jeepers creepers.

Agreed.

I think his post is warning sign enough for everyone.

Note to self: never deal with sir_dany12

150 posts, finally! And I seem to have just missed another FH3 key :(

Anyway:

WTB Forza Horizon 3 Play Anywhere key - $40 (does anyone know if they're region-locked btw? I'm in Europe).

E: I keep missing the codes when they pop up for sale, but I really want to play this game and it costs 70€ where I live. Hook a GAFer up? :)

SLEIhbg.png

EqCwEKC.jpg

No Man's Sky Limited Edition - $35 Shipped

Basically done with the game and just want to get rid of it. Everything is mint condition except the actual steelbook, which has a slight dent.
I live right next to a post office and will ship ASAP

thanks for looking!

Chris1

From another thread:

I'm confused

How can he be out of $60 if he gave 4 people $25? That sounds like he gave people a refund for what he got his refund for, but the profit ($60) was already spent, probably on a game and he doesn't want to give up his own money since he can't get a refund for the game. If true, saying he's out of $60 isn't exactly right, he has that $60 in the form of a game or whatever he spent it on.

Honestly pretty BS, it's not the buyers fault, when reselling it you should take all responsibility a seller would, and that includes full refunds if anything goes wrong. People paid $35 that's what they deserve to get back. I'd maybe understand you a little if you disclosed all of this information up front before anyone purchased a code from you so they can make their mind up, but you didn't.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

You dont like to lose money but you think others do? Your mistake was trying to flip scammed keys, whats their mistake: trusting you?

Fuck outta here with that

hollomat

Banned
From another thread:

I'm confused

How can he be out of $60 if he gave 4 people $25? That sounds like he gave people a refund for what he got his refund for, but the profit ($60) was already spent, probably on a game and he doesn't want to give up his own money since he can't get a refund for the game. If true, saying he's out of $60 isn't exactly right, he has that $60 in the form of a game or whatever he spent it on.

Honestly pretty BS, it's not the buyers fault, when reselling it you should take all responsibility a seller would, and that includes full refunds if anything goes wrong. People paid $35 that's what they deserve to get back. I'd maybe understand you a little if you disclosed all of this information up front before anyone purchased a code from you so they can make their mind up, but you didn't.

Reposting my response from the other thread.

He probably paid $15 each for the codes he was selling for $35. He couldn't get a refund for the $60 he paid so he's holding $10 back from everyone else.

Pretty scummy. If you're buying keys from another site than selling them at over 100% mark up, it's on you if it all falls apart. You should be refunding people the full price they paid you.

demigod

It wasn't 1 person spreading bad shit about you, it was at least 3. So you refunded to 4 guys out of the 5+ that bought from you and you're still losing money? The fuck? You going to keep lying?

Chris1

^^Yeah I was confused too. How can he be out money when he obviously re-sold his keys at a profit and then didn't give them a full refund?

He makes it sound like he didn't get his refund, but then he'd be out of $100, not $60, right?

Unless he resold all keys for $25 profit, but cheap keys weren't readily available like that until the glitch was known.

Reposting my response from the other thread.

He probably paid $15 each for the codes he was selling for $35. He couldn't get a refund for the $60 he paid so he's holding $10 back from everyone else.

Pretty scummy. If you're buying keys from another site than selling them at over 100% mark up, it's on you if it all falls apart. You should be refunding people the full price they paid you.
So he had 5 keys, and didn't give one person a refund at all for his posts on here? That's even worse then, IMO, even if he was posting the stuff he was. The reaction from him might have been a bit OTT but I can see where he's coming from.

I took that line as one of the 4 people who got a refund was one of them spreading he was scamming people, to make him look like a good guy? but perhaps I've misread him? He says "I refunded 4 people $25 ..... One of them was the person saying I wasn't answering and scamming", but maybe just poorly worded?

Sold a few items last week. Pictures and listings are updated:

Items that include an * next to the price will not be sold alone. I am setting a $20 minimum sale to help justify shipping costs for priority labels (that can be purchased with PayPal).

PM for specifics on disc quality. Everything plays, most discs are in very good shape. Only the more common or inexpensive titles have any serious wear and tear. Games have been stored in standard CD jewel cases (or the cases they came in), in a Case Logic 30 slot CD case nylon travel holder. This is the kind of travel case that allows the discs to be stored in their jewel case. The case has been stored on its side to allow the discs to suspend vertically, book shelf-style. Silica gel packets are kept in the case and the case is stored in a climate controlled area.

PayPal or Amazon accepted. Shipping is not included in pricing. U.S. buyers only.
I will accept reasonable offers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Software
-Imports include the spine card and other promotional materials unless stated otherwise.
-Games are complete unless stated otherwise.

PlayStation 4
  • Assault Suit Leynos (import) - $36 shipped

PlayStation
  • Ghost in the Shell - $35
Disc Only
  • Project Horned Owl - $5*

Saturn
  • Assault Suit Leynos 2 (import) - $35
  • Pocket Fighter (import, no spine card) - $20
Disc Only
  • Nights (demo disc) - $2*
  • Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition - $10*
  • Akumajo Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight (import) - $40

Hardware:
All hardware does not include original packaging unless stated otherwise.

Dreamcast:
  • 2 gray controllers - $10* for one
  • Mouse (gray official) - $10*
  • 1 VMU (unofficial, memory card only, green/clear) - $3*
PlayStation:
  • S-Video cable (official PS1 style) - $10*
  • 3 memory cards (official - gray, red, and crystal clear) - $25 (for all)
  • Namco NeGcon racing controller - $20
  • Multi-tap - $10*
PlayStation 2:
  • S-Video cable (12' Monster brand) - $10*
  • 4 memory cards (official - blue, red, and 2 black) - $25 (for all)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Images (Sold items have not been removed or marked out. Check list to determine if something is sold):

Games
vOtVoqzl.jpg

Controllers
iYgfnFvl.jpg

Cables
pKa1lV0l.jpg

Dreamcast Mouse and Memory Cards
S2FDMs3l.jpg

This is pretty scummy. I don't buy things from here often, even though I try to peruse every day, but I can't recall seeing someone do something quite like this.

I guess the most sensible action is to just stick you on my ignore list so I never make the mistake of buying from you.

Labadal

He can sell the keys at 1000% mark up if he wants. If someone is willing to pay, good for him. But when shit hits the fan, be ready to refund the whole sum. If his seller screwed him, he should do everything to get his money back, too.

When are you asshats going to understand that your issues with your supplier have nothing to do with your buyers? In no way can they bear the responsibility for a sour deal that they are not involved in, have no knowledge of, and can't be reasonably expected to have knowledge of. You don't like to lose money so now everyone has to lose money?

This isn't just a NeoGAF BST thing, it's a commerce 101 thing.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
GAF - huge trade list incoming, including console games from several generations, classic pc games, controllers, books, blu-ray, more. Prices will be listed but please PM with any offers. Pics will be linked in imgur albums. Asking for FF Paypal, or you pay fees Unless otherwise noted, shipping is $1.50 per game/movie, $2 for 2, and $3 for 3, and $4 for any multiple thereof. Now that I have a repost, price drops are in BOLD.

NEW ITEMS (price drop on all!):
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS4: Used, but in great condition. $35 shipped.
-Fallout 4 X1 (new, sealed): $16 shipping included.
-Rainbow 6 Siege (new, sealed): $16 shipping included
-AC: Syndicate (new, sealed) $16 shipping included

Playstation 4 500GB system with all wires, mic, two controllers (black/camo grey) in excellent condition. Asking $200 shipped for the bundle OR $225 shipped with a brand new, never played on PS Plus account with over 11 months of subscription left.

Halo: MCC: $8
AC Black Flag $5
Destiny Taken King (codes used, the disc is just a vanilla copy of Destiny): $5
Batman Arkham Knight: $15

PC Hardware:

24' ASUS VS248H-P 24-inch Full HD VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
No missing pixels, no damage, screen in great shape, bezel shows only minor wear. About two years old.
$80 plus you pay whatever shipping you want.

Astro A30 Audio System with MixAmp: $90 shipped PRICE DROP
Almost brand new. Used for 2 months and switched to A50s. Almost mint condition. Unfortunately no box, but has all wires, no damage/scufs/yuck on the earpads.

1 (one) kit of open but UNUSED Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Black (HX316C10FBK2/8) List on this is 32.99. I am selling this for 20 shipped.

$20 Dell Gift Card (sent via email): $12 PRICE DROP

Razer Hammerhead V1 earbuds. Minimal use, no gunk in buds. Comes with all extra size/shape earbud attachments, soft carrying case, mic/sound splitter cable. $15 shipped

XBox 360:
All games are $5 unless otherwise noted.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Mass Effect 2:
Batman Arkham Asyum
Batman Arkham City
Crackdown 2
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West:
Dragon's Dogma
Halo 4 (2xcopies)
Halo Reach
Borderlands 1
Red Faction Guerilla (NEW, sealed) $7
Hitman Absolution (NEW, sealed) $7
Dishonored (NEW, sealed): $7
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
Splinter Cell Conviction
Prototype 2 (NEW, sealed) $7
Assassin's Creed 3
Sleeping Dogs
The Bureau
Fable 3
DmC Devil May Cry (newest one)
Far Cry 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Playstation 3 Games:
Infamous 2
Rachet and Clank Future: Crack in time

Playstation 2 games:
God of War greatest hits version $3

Classic PC games (if price is not listed, that just means offer me because i have no idea what it might be worth. Please inquire about specific games for condition detail, pics):

Warcraft III: Complete in original big box
Baldurs Gate 1: Complete with box
Max Payne 2: complete with box
Discworld Noir: Manual + CD
Discoworld 1: CD Only
DS9 The Fallen: CD Only
Mechassault Platinum (cd) with Manual
Baldur's Gate 2: Complete no box
Icewind Dale 1: complete no box
Icewind Dale 2: complete no box

Blu-Ray Discs:
Revolution Season 1: $13

DVDs:pRICE DROP ON EVERYTHING
The Big Bang Theory Season 4 (new) $7
Chuck Seasons 1,2,3,4 $7 each, $25 for all 4.
Touch Season 1: $5
Downton Abbey Season 1: $7

Fender Stratocaster 1996 Anniversary Ocean blue finish (moderate damage to one corner from damage during a show). This paint job is quite rare and it is a made in USA model.No damage to the underlying wood or structure (been examined and thoroughly tested by a shop), but the paint is almost irreplaceable. No idea what its worth, but its an amazing guitar with a beautiful finish. Comes with a hardshell Fender brand case and strap. If interested, lets talk.

WANT:
MS/Xbox gift cards/online dollars. Paypal.

Yeah, I'll keep away from doing business with you. The feedback says the rest.

Alucrid

Banned

lol. you did the best you could for yourself.

shanafan

That's pretty shady if you ask me. That's like Best Buy only giving you half of your money back when you return something because they don't like to lose money. I have never heard of a business who likes to lose money.

But you are a business as a seller. You are representing yourself as a brand. If you choose not to be a good business owner, then that's your decision - but echoing the theme so far with the responses, many people will look at others to work with going forward and not with you.

You should just take the L. Why punish 4 of your customers who had nothing to do with it. Eat the loss man, you're making an awful decision.

Syriel

This is the textbook definition of a scam.

You sold something that didn't work to multiple GAFfers in an attempt to get dat EASY MONEY(tm).

The right thing to do is refund those that you defrauded, in FULL.

There is ZERO reason for you to nor offer full refunds on day one.

th3dude

This is pretty scummy. I don't buy things from here often, even though I try to peruse every day, but I can't recall seeing someone do something quite like this.

I guess the most sensible action is to just stick you on my ignore list so I never make the mistake of buying from you.

That's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom