• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

RedFury

Next client update, unless Things happen. =)

(Weep for me, please, because I've gotten used to it in our internal playtests lately, and had to go all weekend at home without. Play your tiny violins!)

...there's actually a LOT of gamepad options slated to go out in that update, especially for the obsessive.
Where's my violins? I'm at work unable to play :(

You guys/gals did an amazing job. Can't wait to see what you all have lined up for us in the future.

(Weep for me, please, because I've gotten used to it in our internal playtests lately, and had to go all weekend at home without. Play your tiny violins!)

...there's actually a LOT of gamepad options slated to go out in that update, especially for the obsessive.

What, uh, else is included in that update? and when?

Menitta

giphy.gif

What's everyone's preferred control scheme and set up (response curve, deadzone, etc...).

Bumper jumper with DS4 and it's working well for me. First game I played with standard control scheme but I prefer bumper bumper after switching. Haven't messed with anything else in settings

Rayme, what about stats/challenge menu?

The Dude

279 Bounty Hunt in my region on PC....St Louis data center. Depressing that by the time Final Fantasy comes out, this is going to be dead. Unless dreams do come true and we get a slow burn of new players from word of mouth.

Yep. No wonder season pass is free. Maybe it wasn't a smart move to get more people to buy, but a smart move to not fracture a player base they realized was already going to be tiny. Not going to be anyone around by the time the first new content launches. Makes me pissed at EA.

Well that's not quite fair because most people cried that it was stupid for them to solely have it on Xbox for the original, now they're giving people what they wanted and you're pissed about that? Im just saying, that's not really anyone's fault. The issue might simply be that it's a niche concept. Not everyone is into mechs. I asked a friend who enjoys shooters if he's getting it and he said nah not into mech games. And so I think while people here love It, it's still not the strongest premise to really build a massive fan base

Oh that's going to be awesome! Can't wait! You guys rock!

Well that's not quite fair because most people cried that it was stupid for them to solely have it on Xbox for the original, now they're giving people what they wanted and you're pissed about that? Im just saying, that's not really anyone's fault. The issue might simply be that it's a niche concept. Not everyone is into mechs. I asked a friend who enjoys shooters if he's getting it and he said nah not into mech games. And so I think while people here love It, it's still not the strongest premise to really build a massive fan base

I really wish MS and Sony would get pushed harder from their user bases (us) on just opening networks to be compatible with each other.

Yes there would need to be some filtering for kb/m players and possibly accounting for advantages from higher framerates, but it would literally solve this entire problem.

I'm in the same boat; I bought on PC (instead of the PS4P I'm planning to get, no PS4 currently) because I didn't want to wait. And it's a bummer that we can't at least share the user base with Xbox One. I'm playing on controller anyway. I know their doing it with MS first party stuff, I just hope this becomes more and more of a standard. It's a win for virtually everyone (except maybe MS and Sony? not sure).

Rayme

Rayme, what about stats/challenge menu?

Afaik we generally won't be saying what's in each update until they're nearly for-sure out. Never know what might need to be held back because of a last-minute issue.

Without giving a specific time, though: stats menu is coming sooner than later (we mentioned that somewhere, I forget where). Your stats are being recorded in the meantime, you just can't see them yet.

Izuna

Banned
Afaik we generally won't be saying what's in each update until they're nearly for-sure out. Never know what might need to be held back because of a last-minute issue.

Without giving a specific time, though: stats menu is coming sooner than later (we mentioned that somewhere, I forget where). Your stats are being recorded in the meantime, you just can't see them yet.

Will we ever have the option to reset them? ;)

Are you guys going to give us a road map? I find road maps help hype content and buzz.

Deps

The lesser played game modes need to be put into a variety playlist. They were dead day 1 on pc. Attrition, bounty hunt, and hardpoint are fine and won't ever really die, but it would be nice to actually play the other modes. Respawn pls

E92 M3

I'm not sure what Respawn were thinking with Crash Site and Complex. They've got the most wonderful parkour in the world but these maps really don't allow it to shine. Chokepoints and the lack of flanking opportunities favour a cover and shoot type of game that really doesn't feel like Titanfall.

The map design philosophy of having 3 lanes is a bit annoying. Crash Site is by far the worst Titanfall map ever made. I'm pretty much to the point of just quitting out of it.

HATE THAT MAP.

Can't wait for Angel City - would play that 24/7.

Rayme

Are you guys going to give us a road map? I find road maps help hype content and buzz.

Not today, but yes. We're looking at how to message things like "Coming soon...!", or similar. I think it'll be good for everyone (us included) to see what we're focused on and how healthy the game is. =)

E92 M3

Not today, but yes. We're looking at how to message things like "Coming soon...!", or similar. I think it'll be good for everyone (us included) to see what we're focused on and how healthy the game is. =)

That sounds great! Can't wait.

You guys are truly the best.

Major campaign spoilers:

I was pretty shocked that Titanfall 2 did Quantum Break better than Quantum Break did - specifically the sequence toward the end of Effect and Cause where time just completely stops. So fucking awesome.

That is exactly what I thought!

I'm pissed the player base is small. When did I say I'm pissed they are giving out all new content for free? But what I'm pointing out is that a free season pass might not be for the reason I originally thought (to pull people in), but instead to not split up a player base that will already be small. Either way it doesn't matter---the player base is small. I'm just re-framing how I look at the season pass, which really doesn't affect my opinion of Respawn one way or the other.

The map design philosophy of having 3 lanes is a bit annoying. Crash Site is by far the worst Titanfall map ever made. I'm pretty much to the point of just quitting out of it.

HATE THAT MAP.

Can't wait for Angel City - would play that 24/7.

Crash Site is also my least favorite as well. I'd play a 24/7 Angel City playlist. Man... I miss so many of the TF1 maps like Lagoon, Smuglers cove, Rise etc.

E92 M3

That is exactly what I thought!

My favorite part of that mission
was falling down the vent and having to switch in and out to avoid the blades.

Crash Site is also my least favorite as well. I'd play a 24/7 Angel City playlist. Man... I miss so many of the TF1 maps like Lagoon, Smuglers cove, Rise etc.

Yeah, TF1 maps were amazing. Hopefully, they go back to that design philosophy. Camping is too effective on these new ones. It's too easy to punish players that are parkouring due to the different lanes.

Campaign spoiler:
Sprinting at a shielded enemy, time-shifting, then sliding and spinning around and switching back mid-slide to hit him in the back with a shotgun is endlessly satisfying

I'd play an entire game with that kind of dual-timeline combat and platforming

Yeah, TF1 maps were amazing. Hopefully, they go back to that design philosophy. Camping is too effective on these new ones. It's too easy to punish players that are parkouring due to the different lanes.

I hope so. I do see loads of camping still but I'm hoping that will change. Admittantly it's kinda hard not to camp during Hardpoint but it's pretty much intended in that mode lol. Still not certain I like the amping mechanic as I feel it leads to much more camping.

Haha. I died a couple times before I realized exactly what to do.

The Dude

Man I suck with legion. Tone i dig a lot tho. I swear tho I am doing better but it's like the biggest target on your back.. I know they can't eliminate pilot damage but I don't think I should be as crippling in health area. I'd rather see titans just be able to really hurt other titans, because when you get titans and pilots going it's like well that was quick lol

So hard for me. How long until you got used to it?

I played lots of TF1with the regular scheme but since I had not played in like a year, it wasn't that difficult for me to adjust. First thing I did when I started the game was switch the control scheme. I played the campaign first and 2-3 hours in I was already used to it. I still sometimes mess up though.

I recommend playing the campaign with Bumper jumper to get adjusted. That way you're not frustrated in a MP match because it'll definitely hurt your performance at first

I definitely see a difference too. I find chaining wall runs is much easier having my right thumb free to control my direction

Man I suck with legion. Tone i dig a lot tho. I swear tho I am doing better but it's like the biggest target on your back.. I know they can't eliminate pilot damage but I don't think I should be as crippling in health area. I'd rather see titans just be able to really hurt other titans, because when you get titans and pilots going it's like well that was quick lol

Pilots dont do that much damage but i understand what you're saying. If you get ganged up you're going to get chipped away at... but evading or not getting into those situations in the first place etc. will come to you with more time.

garath

I can't wait to play tonight. My PC version should be waiting for me at the house by the time I get home. Just need to download and go.

I'm not happy about the small PC user base again but hopefully strong word of mouth keeps it growing.

E92 M3

Picking your fights is a very important skill to learn. Sometimes I run away before even getting hurt - you can see trouble coming.

Tone is my bae.

KodaRuss

Love the game so far. Looking forward to seeing more in the future. Thanks

Why do people hate Crash Site? I've played on it a few times and it doesn't give me strong feelings either way.

I kinda see what people do not like it, but I think it is a great change of pace with the elevation of the map.

TheTrain

PC player here. I'm beyond annoyed. I love the game but there's no one playing anything other than Attrition and maybe Hardpoint. Why doesn't anyone want to play CTF?
I'm playing "variety" since day 1, 15 seconds at maximun between every matches to find people. Not so annying if you ask me, try with it

Top Bottom