• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Tokubetsu

Has everyone moved away from the Grapple now? I remember during the tech test that's all anyone would use. Heck, I'm still using it but I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on the other cool stuff.

Havent used it at all in retail. I use pulse and stim the most so far though im currently fooling around with phase shift.

Izuna

Banned
Everyone calling this game R2 to stop the confusion with Team Fortress 2, but here I am thinking of Resistance 2 every time they do that.

Resistance 1 was a good game (way too long for its own good though) -- but man, no one ever talks about Resistance 2 ;p

Might be a dumb question but how do you rodeo without a grappling hook? Do you just double jump onto a Titan?

Yeah. But Stim is better imo.

Gator86

Has everyone moved away from the Grapple now? I remember during the tech test that's all anyone would use. Heck, I'm still using it but I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out on the other cool stuff.

I've mostly used the grapple thus far. It's useful for keeping you mobile on the more open maps. Importantly, one of the best uses for me is the change of direction. I'll be airborne and catch attention from a Titan which is usually death, but I can't just grapple to the ground to quickly redirect and speed out of view. I need to experiment more with the others.

I was 100℅ Grapple through Gen 1. Once I regenerated, I tried different things, selling on cloak for now.

Once I got nailed down the movement and bunny hopping with slide, the Grapple was needed much less for traversal.

I do miss it for the quick grapple onto enemy Titans and to enter my own.

Mupod

it's a lot of fun but you're too easy to hit while grappling. I'll probably stick to stims or pulse blade.

Stim in particular is very nice because I'm always hunting for batteries and that's the only way to get one and escape alive reliably.

kahi

On PC I started this game out using a controller, even in multi-player, then eventually switched to m+kb. Totally just realized I can just pick up the controller when I switch to the Titan as I think that's the optimal way to play it. All the weapons and abilities being spread out on the keyboard doesn't really work for me.

Can you play Single Player campaign off-line? Leaving for a trip tomorrow and currently downloading to the laptop. I can always answer this question myself in a hour when it's finished downloading.

KodaRuss

So what are the populations like on the console platforms?

I picked this up on PS4 and haven't had a problem finding a game yet, but I am curious to hear if one platform is more popular than the other. I had assumed PS4 would be due to the bigger install base, but I have heard Xbox has a bigger online population so far but I didn't see any reference to numbers.

Does anyone else have any more hard data on this?

PS4 was at about 17k late last night about midnight Central time. Plenty of people.

I am starting to but I really do like the grapple being able to fling yourself pretty far up the map when needed.

Resistance 1 was a good game (way too long for its own good though) -- but man, no one ever talks about Resistance 2 ;p

Yeah. But Stim is better imo.

It was the worst of the series by far. The only thing that was good about it was the coop modes. The story sucked (and almost ruined the franchise) and they took away the best part of the first game with only being able to carry two weapons.

The Dude

I think I finally am loving this game hah I think it was simply adapting, i always get bugged until I can adapt and I think I finally have. Good stuff, happy that it's now going to be my pickup and play along with BF1

Menitta

For the grappling hook I mostly use it for small traversing. Stuff like getting around corners that don't connect through wall running or to other walls that I couldn't reach with a double jump. I've gotten pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I really want to mix it up with the hover ability.

Does anyone else feel like there aren't enough maps? I've been playing Attrition non stop, and I'm already feeling like I'd pay to have a few more maps in the mix.

DOA for PC? (just got it...)
It's not really "dead" but anything other than Attrition, Hardpoint, or Bounty Hunt is extremely hard to find a game on. I've never found a FFA game. I've only gotten into one (very laggy) CTF game. I did manage to roll with Pilot vs. Pilots for a while but the initial search took forever and I haven't been able to find a game since I backed out of the post-game search the other day. No luck with Variety.

Bydobob

I'm not sure what Respawn were thinking with Crash Site and Complex. They've got the most wonderful parkour in the world but these maps really don't allow it to shine. Chokepoints and the lack of flanking opportunities favour a cover and shoot type of game that really doesn't feel like Titanfall.

Calmine

It's not really "dead" but anything other than Attrition, Hardpoint, or Bounty Hunt is extremely hard to find a game on. I've never found a FFA game. I've only gotten into one (very laggy) CTF game. I did manage to roll with Pilot vs. Pilots for a while but the initial search took forever and I haven't been able to find a game since I backed out of the post-game search the other day. No luck with Variety.

This is a shame, but it was the same for TF1. People just don't bother with CTF on PC.

On that note, anyone know where I can get it on PC for cheap? Cheapest I've seen is £36.

Exile20

Damn, that is sad. Are there numbers of players for the other modes?

Calen

I just wish I could get an explaination for there the R comes from.

Is it Respawn?

This is probably our (Respawn guys that post here)'s fault. We number our games internally with R for Respawn, so R1 is Respawn 1 ie. Titanfall; R2 is Titanfall 2, etc.

I know I habitually use it when talking about the game even with people who have no context for what it means, so. Sorry about that!

Need some pro tips for the gauntlet , GAF. Stayed up way too late and still need to find 4 secs somewhere. I think I might be able to gain time right before I slide under the wall and right before the last 2 guys. Just Can't seem to keep my speed above 30

This is probably our (Respawn guys that post here)'s fault. We number our games internally with R for Respawn, so R1 is Respawn 1 ie. Titanfall; R2 is Titanfall 2, etc.

I know I habitually use it when talking about the game even with people who have no context for what it means, so. Sorry about that!

And R3 means......?

=)

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making this awesome game

Gator86

Does anyone else feel like there aren't enough maps? I've been playing Attrition non stop, and I'm already feeling like I'd pay to have a few more maps in the mix.

There aren't nearly enough maps. They're going to get old pretty quickly. That said, try not to burn out on attrition now given it might be one of the only two modes you can play in a few months.

Izuna

Banned
Need some pro tips for the gauntlet , GAF. Stayed up way too late and still need to find 4 secs somewhere. I think I might be able to gain time right before I slide under the wall and right before the last 2 guys. Just Can't seem to keep my speed above 30

Use EPG-1 and maybe EVA if you trouble aiming

The Dude

My only gripe is matches go a little quick, but other than that yea it's a pretty solid game. What I'm amazed with is even tho I'm a Pc gamer I bought this on ps4 since most of my buds are there, but I'm so impressed with how the frames stay pretty solid with all of this stuff going on especially when there are a handful of mechs on the screen. And I don't know but there is something so fun and bad ass about riding Rodeo with a team mate lol I feel like Master blaster up there

And now i know!

Also, thanks for the amazing game (^____^)

I'll give Attrition one thing, it feels a lot harder to be outright shut out than what can happen in Bounty Hunt.

Hmmm, this is interesting. I feel I'm half decent at the game but BH sure feels like first team with multiple Titans and gets out in front, stays out in front. Like the team who does the best in the first wave seems to stay ahead most times.

I was trying to stay away from attrition because I played so much in 1, but your comments make me wanna spend some more time there

I'm not sure what Respawn were thinking with Crash Site and Complex. They've got the most wonderful parkour in the world but these maps really don't allow it to shine. Chokepoints and the lack of flanking opportunities favour a cover and shoot type of game that really doesn't feel like Titanfall.

Really dislike complex. Not at all what I'd want from a titanfall map.

The Dude

Yea attrition feels pretty good, I like amped, attrition, pvp and BH. But I agree seems in bounty hunt one side is getting smashed and there's really no changes. Haven't had a BH match that waffled a bit back and forth.

Loving the game more tho, all I know is what a treat to have 2 great shooters back to back

SwolBro

Banned
for some reason i can't be invited into a party. wtf is going on? a simple party invitation does nothing, nor can i invite friends to my own party.

The EPG is here.

And here is another run.

The less time you run on a wall, the faster you'll end up going when you jump off. Longer jumps also help.
What's everyone's preferred control scheme and set up (response curve, deadzone, etc...).
Bumper Jumper, default deadzone, classic, 4 sensitivity

for PC - hold crouch (ctrl), hold aim, everything else default

0racle

I have the game sitting here waiting for my pro, so maybe the OT has something to do with the fact I have not played the game yet.... but what is it referring to? I cant figure it out !

I have the game sitting here waiting for my pro, so maybe the OT has something to do with the fact I have not played the game yet.... but what is it referring to? I cant figure it out !

Tone was referred to as being a female titan. It's a bad thread title. I hope we make it to OT2 for that reason alone.

Top Bottom