• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Played more of the campaign last night and bounty hunt for about 2 hours. I would've played a lot more if I didn't have to work today. I've really been enjoying Bounty Hunt. It's my favorite mode.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Seems it's fourth in UK sales.

1) BF1
2) Skyrim Remastered
3) FIFA 17
4) Titanfall 2

:( Man, if there's a game that doesn't deserve to sell poorly, it's this. I know everyone should be blaming EA, but I really hope gamers do their part. I mean, both SP and MP are fantastic, AND DLC for maps, modes and weapons will be free. I'll be super bummed out if we don't get Titanfalll 3 since I want to know what happens in SP, and what other stuff Respawn cal pull off.

To be fair, the first three games listed are absolute titans in terms of consumer appeal.

Zemm

There not being a counter to Map Hack is really dumb, eventually everyone on a team is going to start using it and you'll have match long wallhacks.

Finished the campaign yesterday. Sublime stuff. Just wish it had been longer!
Like probably everyone else, Effect and Cause was by far my favorite level, and maybe the greatest FPS experience I've ever had. Rapidly switching between time periods to avoid a lunging beast in the present and flanking soldiers in the past is such a thrilling, holy shit moment. And then the game drops it! And then tops itself again with more amazing platforming segments, the Titan war toward the end, the assault on the airship.
What a game.

I'm accepting multiplayer for what it is and having a great time. It's no R1, sure, but it's something really, really good, and overall I'm having a blast.

Feel like more than changes to the rodeo or Titan loadouts (actually really enjoying the different Titans), the only thing holding this game back are the maps :/ So far most of my Attrition games have been in Complex, and good lord I hate that map. Cluttered, seemingly zero wall running flow. Less of that in the future DLC maps, please :(

Playing Bounty Hunt on Eden has been a hoot, though. When the maps are good, they're good. When they're bad, hoo boy. Still haven't seen them all, so I look forward to seeing what else is in there.

Deps

I wish pilot vs pilot was more popular on pc. While I like titans, the regular combat in this game is the most fun I've had since quake.

U2NUMB

Alright for anyone having crazy lag in game (the slide show effect) someone on the TF2 forums did a factory reset on their router and everything is butter smooth now for them.

I am not able to test till later tonight but they had a Nighthawk router which is the same one I have.

If anyone that has this problem can test this here and report back that would be awesome.

This is the video that shows what happens to myself and many others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4reKUqKXE

Alright for anyone having crazy lag in game (the slide show effect) someone on the TF2 forums did a factory reset on their router and everything is butter smooth now for them.

I am not able to test till later tonight but they had a Nighthawk router which is the same one I have.

If anyone that has this problem can test this here and report back that would be awesome.

This is the video that shows what happens to myself and many others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4reKUqKXE

Yup. I'm on PS4 with great internet performance (i've run multiple tests and no other game does this) and it happens occasionally. It's mostly just the "off" lag compensation, killed around corners thing happening to me but i've had matches with the rubberbanding etc.

Played more of the campaign last night and bounty hunt for about 2 hours. I would've played a lot more if I didn't have to work today. I've really been enjoying Bounty Hunt. It's my favorite mode.

Yeah same as you. Have to go to work and bounty hunt is fun

To be fair, the first three games listed are absolute titans in terms of consumer appeal.

Great idea to release it along with them when you gave the entire year

Thanks!

I am loving the multiplayer, but have to admit that the map design is worse than the first game. Camping is just too effective in this one - keep in mind that it should have 0 effectiveness in a Titanfall game.

Also, Tone is love. Can keep her alive for the whole match sometimes if my teammates have a brain.

I don't remember their names but most of the maps I like and I find myself wall running constantly. Homestead I don't like that much

Haines

Banned
There not being a counter to Map Hack is really dumb, eventually everyone on a team is going to start using it and you'll have match long wallhacks.

Yeah i havent even tried all the boosts bc wall hack is so op in a fps.

Im not concerned, if its op they will balance it.

KodaRuss

Oh he aint underpowered lol, gotta be sneaky and make perfect use of his abilities tho

I do think they should look into upping his standard melee damage. Everyone should be using his gun close up because it does more damage right?

After playing more last night, Ronin is really easy kills for me. Some Ronin players will surprise you ever now and then but it is rare.

I think they need to take away a bar of health from Legion and give it to Ronin.

Woo-Fu

Banned
That nerf to happy hour so that you can only get 5pts per day makes it kind of pointless. Get 5 points in a match anyhow.

Ronin hasn't been a problem as Tone, as long as it is 1v1. If they get on me when I'm focused on somebody else it is a problem. 1v1 you just keep backing up and hitting them with everything. Only 3 bars on those lightweights.

I do think they should look into upping his standard melee damage. Everyone should be using his gun close up because it does more damage right?

After playing more last night, Ronin is really easy kills for me. Some Ronin players will surprise you ever now and then but it is rare.

I think they need to take away a bar of health from Legion and give it to Ronin.

Legion needs a fix stat. Either tone down the damage or magazine size or remove some health.

Right now hes far too OP. LTS modes with nothing but Legion and Tones :/

Legion needs a fix stat. Either tone down the damage or magazine size or remove some health.

I'm playing as a tone and I feel like everyone else is using Legion. Very rarely I'll see other types. That Gatling gun just eats through everything quick

So erm Ion... Is it right to say her main dps dealer is the shoulder laser? Seems to take a good chunk off enemy titans, is it even worth using the splinter rifle's alternate fire?

So erm Ion... Is it right to say her main dps dealer is the shoulder laser? Seems to take a good chunk off enemy titans, is it even worth using the splinter rifle's alternate fire?

Tbh, I'm not sure it is. Splitter rifle drains energy that might be better used to send out the laser or the tripwire. Maybe with the "criticals return energy" boost, but I'm not sure :/

Anybody crunched the numbers on that yet?

I loved titanfall 1, but I bought it on PC where the community basically faded away after a few months, and those that stayed only did attrition and no other game modes.

Should I worry about this with 2? I want to get it from everything i've read, but I'm worried that the PC community will fade away again.

while I prefer PC, I dont MIND playing on ps4 (and i'm getting a pro) so would I be better off going that route?

How's it looking community wise? I'd want to pick it up during targets b2g1 sale

Oh he aint underpowered lol, gotta be sneaky and make perfect use of his abilities tho

Yuppppp

G2.4 Ronin player here. He just requires a bit of a different mentaility to play. First, you have to be more in tune with how to get batteries. That overshield is pretty much required if you're gonna go after something the likes of a legion. Second, I play with the extra dash. His mobility is key. Third, you have to know when you should run away. He's pretty fierce one on one, but you can't surprise a group of two or three without getting shredded.

Also, comments above are spot on about legion needing a nerf. I don't necessarily think Ronin needs more health, but legion is too accurate from too far away and that coupled with what might as well be unlimited ammo and so many bars of health make him a bit unbalanced

Tbh, I'm not sure it is. Splitter rifle drains energy that might be better used to send out the laser or the tripwire. Maybe with the "criticals return energy" boost, but I'm not sure :/

Anybody crunched the numbers on that yet?

Hmmm, maybe Laser for sniping, Splitter when close up?

That energy management is annoying though.

Hmmm, maybe Laser for sniping, Splitter when close up?

That energy management is annoying though.

Could work. Splitter probably has higher DPS at shorter ranges, or it ought to.

Having to manage energy is especially annoying compared to the Tone, which effectively BUILDS its meter using its main gun, which is effective at all ranges :/

Vipu

Banned
I loved titanfall 1, but I bought it on PC where the community basically faded away after a few months, and those that stayed only did attrition and no other game modes.

Should I worry about this with 2? I want to get it from everything i've read, but I'm worried that the PC community will fade away again.

while I prefer PC, I dont MIND playing on ps4 (and i'm getting a pro) so would I be better off going that route?

How's it looking community wise? I'd want to pick it up during targets b2g1 sale

TF2 will only die if people keep asking will it die and not buy it.
There is no reason it to die this time.

KodaRuss

I keep trying to branch out a little away from the starting Assault Rifle (R201?) but I keep going back. The second shotgun you get is great for staying inside buildings but what are some other main weapons that you have had fun/success with?

I keep trying to branch out a little away from the starting Assault Rifle (R201?) but I keep going back. The second shotgun you get is great for staying inside buildings but what are some other main weapons that you have had fun/success with?

I was in exactly the same spot. Iirc, they eventually nerfed the 201 in R1, for the exact same reason. It was so good all around, there wasn't much reason to use anything else.

That being said, I've been successful with the Volt so far, though the rounds have a bit more carry time than I'd like. I personally think the CAR is pretty good too (if not a bit unbalanced; way too much range for an SMG).

I'm eager to unlock whatever that last assault rifle is and check it out; just like R1, I didn't much care for the Hemlok. The action is too frenetic to not be able to constantly spray bullets.

SexyFish

Banned

I use alternator a ton. With extra ammo and gunrunner it is fantastic to flank people with.

E92 M3

For anyone that used MT Dew codes. I linked my EA account, but play on Xbox, will it still work if my EA account is linked to my GT?

Did I fuck up?

Last I checked TitanGAF on PS4 had a way lower population than NeoGAF.

Well shit. Where is everyone?! lol Playing other games i guess :/

So sad... TF2 is such a great game. Super high skill ceiling too... i just hope they sort the network issues and the population increases and it sticks around.

I was in exactly the same spot. Iirc, they eventually nerfed the 201 in R1, for the exact same reason. It was so good all around, there wasn't much reason to use anything else.

That being said, I've been successful with the Volt so far, though the rounds have a bit more carry time than I'd like. I personally think the CAR is pretty good too (if not a bit unbalanced; way too much range for an SMG).

I'm eager to unlock whatever that last assault rifle is and check it out; just like R1, I didn't much care for the Hemlok. The action is too frenetic to not be able to constantly spray bullets.

I do like that almost all weapons in TF2 are viable. The Softball is pretty pointless and shit but besides that just about everything can melt faces in the right situations.

That said... the R201 and CAR could literally be the only one/two weapon(s) you'd ever need. Which maybe makes them "too good"? not sure

I use alternator a ton. With extra ammo and gunrunner it is fantastic to flank people with.

The Alternator and Volt are amazing and dont even need to use ADS while flying around to gun down people. Love them both.

Get it on the pro imo!

JJShadow

Stuck at work for 5 hours now and only thing I can think of is coming back home and play lol

Would be anyone interested in setting up a squad this afternoon (around 19:00 UK time) and play some MP? PSN is JJShadow77, feel free to add me

Any idea for the best anti titan class? :)

Look at some of the grenadier weapons for primary... the EPG1 or Softball is good against titans.... pair those with the anti-titan secondary of your preference and dual arc grenades and either cloak with masked thrusters or grapple with fast nade charge and you'll be good to destroy titans on foot.

RedFury

I don't agree. You guys are sleeping on scorch. Imo burst damage beats out sustained damage in LTS. I don't know how many 10+ kill LTS games I've had. I see a team of legions and tones and I get a big smile on my face, kindling to stoke the great inferno. I just peak out and hit with a canister. Then mortar she'll traps over building across the map from cover. I just get a constant hit marker. By the time i look at them again they have less than half health. You need to be out of cover for a sustained period of time to take big damage. While scorch can burn you while in cover. My favorite thing to do is pick a and annoy until my core is ready. Then I close of a lane with fire. While it's closed I run to the other side (flank) and use my core on their backs lol. I've gotten a triple titan kill with it that way. I feel like ronin is the same. Getting in from of a titan without taking damage is the hard part but if you can get in their face empty your shotgun phase dash behind them and empty another load most titans can do anything about it.

I don't agree. You guys are sleeping on scorch. Imo burst damage beats out sustained damage in LTS. I don't know how many 10+ kill LTS games I've had. I see a team of legions and tones and I get a big smile on my face, kindling to stoke the great inferno. I just peak out and hit with a canister. Then mortar she'll traps over building across the map from cover. I just get a constant hit marker. By the time i look at them again they have less than half health. You need to be out of cover for a sustained period of time to take big damage. While scorch can burn you while in cover. My favorite thing to do is pick a and annoy until my core is ready. Then I close of a lane with fire. While it's closed I run to the other side (flank) and use my core on their backs lol. I've gotten a triple titan kill with it that way. I feel like ronin is the same. Getting in from of a titan without taking damage is the hard part but if you can get in their face empty your shotgun phase dash behind them and empty another load most titans can do anything about it.

Hmm... while i understand and agree to the extent of the role/tactics of Scorch... that doesn't change the fact that Legion is OP as is he currently is.

Try last titan standing. The common makeup i see now is one Ronin to harass, bait and funnel and then Legions and a Tone or two. A team of Legions can slowly close you in and split the map and force you where they want.

Of course there are counters and strats etc. but that Legion needs either less health, less ammo in the weapon or to output less overall damage.

Finding it difficult to see the appeal in Ronin, but maybe I'm wrong.

For instance, how is Ronin supposed to deal with Scorch? Scorch can blanket the floor around him with fire, and scorches ultimate will instant-kill Ronin.

Scorch is the other close-range Titan so they're competing for the same space, so it's not as if the matchup happens infrequently. Unless I'm missing something, Scorch should win almost every time. More health, more damage output, less mobility but Ronin doesn't benefit by getting close to Scorch as scorch can just blanket the floor with fire to surpress Ronin's advance. The only chance Ronin has is if he phases through Scorches fire, but even then Scorch can just dash back, use firewall and place another incendary trap for a setup that will kill Ronin incredibly quickly.

I'm been playing the crap out the multiplayer this whole weekend and I love it!
pilot v pilot is dead at night here on pacific time. Hemlock is my go to weapon at the moment but I'm getting use to the volt and I'm doing fairly well with it. My main gripe with this game is the multiplayer needs more player stats. It's very bare bones in that department. I really enjoy in depth progression stats like overwatch and cod.

Maybe. I sneak behind titans and laser them in the back to shave off a good bit of health and follow up with the splitter.

Menitta

To me, scorch is just hard to use. I always had trouble using his gas tanks. They always missed. I guess an idea is to put two tanks on both sides of a Titan and flame wall in between to set both off. Sorta trap people in.

Legion is fucked though.

KodaRuss

To me, scorch is just hard to use. I always had trouble using his gas tanks. They always missed. I guess an idea is to put two tanks on both sides of a Titan and flame wall in between to set both off. Sorta trap people in.

Legion is fucked though.

Being hard to use is part of the problem right now I believe. Hopefully as people get more experience we will branch out from the Legions, Tones and Ions. Those three classes are pretty easy to play. I am guilty, I love Tone. She just rocks but I need to give the others a chance, the biggest problem is that you dont get a lot of time in Northstar and Ronin because their health is so low.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The SMG that shoots blue bullets. I'm convinced it's the best weapon in the game

Edit - the Volt

KodaRuss

Last I checked TitanGAF on PS4 had a way lower population than NeoGAF.

Yeah, I find this kinda weird? That NeoGaf one was started during the Tech Test but there are a ton more people in it.

Maybe the one during the Tech Test was just adding anyone whether they were gaf or not.

My play time has been all over the place since release but I should have time to group up tonight and this weekend/next week.

If I am on and can group up its past 8pm Central PS4, Ill try to make a point to invite people tonight if I can play.

How are the numbers on PC in the UK / Europe region? Are all game modes relatively populated?

I am hesitant to buy the game having seen the decline of numbers of the brilliant first game.

Menitta

Being hard to use is part of the problem right now I believe. Hopefully as people get more experience we will branch out from the Legions, Tones and Ions. Those three classes are pretty easy to play. I am guilty, I love Tone. She just rocks but I need to give the others a chance, the biggest problem is that you dont get a lot of time in Northstar and Ronin because their health is so low.

I'm also using Tone after getting nowhere with Scorch. I always got destroyed almost instantly. The heat shield was always the thing I forgot existed.

Gator86

The titans seem fine to me except for Ion. I laugh almost every time I see someone using one. She just seems like shit. I've never lost more than a bar of health dropping one from full. I'm not sure why her rifle drains energy instead of powering up the rest of her kit like Tone.

Top Bottom