• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I didn't specify who's to blame for any of those decisions. In the end, for the consumer, it doesn't really matter. There's features that are missing or not at great as they could have been and the release crunch most assuredly played a role in that.
Okay, that's something we can agree on. Sorry for misunderstanding. I think they did a pretty damn good job with the time that they did have, though. And Respawn is clearly dedicated to supporting the game - they've already announced the first patch will include stats. All stats are currently being tracked.

As far as the Networks/Happy Hour, I disagree still. Networks are a fantastic addition and I'd like to see other games try something similar. Happy Hour is such a small addition that it doesn't really phase me at all. Your suggestions, however, are good. I'd care more if they got me double XP.

So I'm trying to get better at slide hopping but I'm having trouble nailing down how exactly you change direction while moving. Like, I can slide hop just fine, except that I'm only going in a straight line. I've seen Frothy do it in his videos, but can't figure out how exactly.

Also, does Legion have a tell for his Smart Core? So if I'm facing a Legion that activates it, what is the indicator that he's using it?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I really like the G2 in this :eek:

I used to rock that a bunch in R1 before switching to Car. I might keep this gun, you know?

Using this now. It just melts. Hahaha!

I think one of the underrated things in TF2 are the weapons. It doesn't have like dozens of each, but what's there are really useful. No fluff weapons just to pad the inventory screen.

I've seen some people do well with the LStar and I suck at it. Ha-ha!

RedFury

So I'm trying to get better at slide hopping but I'm having trouble nailing down how exactly you change direction while moving. Like, I can slide hop just fine, except that I'm only going in a straight line. I've seen Frothy do it in his videos, but can't figure out how exactly.

Also, does Legion have a tell for his Smart Core? So if I'm facing a Legion that activates it, what is the indicator that he's using it?
Thats where side strafing comes in. You have to turn your view but to much will make you stall. It definitely takes practice, I don't have it down myself.
Yes, you mentioned frothy. Did you watch his videos? He has a beginner, intermediate, and pro videos.

Thats where side strafing comes in. You have to turn your view but to much will make you stall. It definitely takes practice, I don't have it down myself.
Yes, you mentioned frothy. Did you watch his videos? He has a beginner, intermediate, and pro videos.

So while slide hopping, keep the left stick pressed forward and use the right stick to steer, basically? Just trying to understand the input.

edit - yeah, I watched his sliding videos earlier today. They didn't mention the exact input of how to change direction while sliding.

Gator86

Okay, that's something we can agree on. Sorry for misunderstanding. I think they did a pretty damn good job with the time that they did have, though. And Respawn is clearly dedicated to supporting the game - they've already announced the first patch will include stats. All stats are currently being tracked.

As far as the Networks/Happy Hour, I disagree still. Networks are a fantastic addition and I'd like to see other games try something similar. Happy Hour is such a small addition that it doesn't really phase me at all. Your suggestions, however, are good. I'd care more if they got me double XP.

I'm not coming after Respawn or something. I love the game and think they did an amazing job overall. That said, there's still lots of things to criticize about it. For the happy hour thing I mentioned, having a happy hour with double xp and a chosen playlist (either by the leader, at random, cycling) could totally alleviate the issue with dead playlists. If you have a network with a few thousand people and their happy hour as CTF, CTF is immediately a viable mode again. Just an example, of course, but tweaks like that would have solved actual game problems instead of just being a throwaway half dozen points.

Ok on Xbox One this glitch where most of the audio sounds muffled and muted and sometimes the announcer stops talking keeps happening to me, is this happening to anyone else?

Deps

That's where I'm at right now, can go in a straight line but going around corners gets ugly.

So I'm eating some crow with this game and it's delicious. Five or six hundred hours in TF1 and I despised the tech test and had huge doubts. It's very much different in some regards than TF1, but it's still a great game and still way different than other shooters around.

Does anyone know if when you regen a titan, you get the bonus XP like you do when you begin the level up process for your character again? I think I am at 4.6 with the Tone. Actually, do they even have that system in place still, where you get more and more of an XP bonus every time you regen so that you level back up faster and faster?

Izuna

Banned
Just had to deal with erratic pings up to 2000...

Everyone is working find elsewhere but this game is having problems. It's so annoying it's been like this for 2 days at random intervals.

I'm playing "variety" since day 1, 15 seconds at maximun between every matches to find people. Not so annying if you ask me, try with it

I've tried on five different occasions over the weekend (Saturday noon, 3ish, 7ish, twice on sunday) for ten+ minutes and never got a match. Tried twice for 8v8 variety with the same result. 0 in your region.

After 48 hours gameplay:

Pilot - G2.06
Titan - G3.5
Primary Weapon: L-Star - G4.2
Secondary Weapon: MGL - G3.16

I like the game :D

217403_sadfasdfasdf.png

TheTrain

I've tried on five different occasions over the weekend (Saturday noon, 3ish, 7ish, twice on sunday) for ten+ minutes and never got a match. Tried twice for 8v8 variety with the same result. 0 in your region.

What region are you in? I'm west coast so I'm going to Oregon servers. It will say 0 players for everything except Attrition, Bounty, and Hardpoint.

I'm italian so Europe, Frankfurt

sagat2036

Yo whats this i hear about fast leveling with happy hour? Someone spill the beans before it gets patched out.

I started yelling this "better have my money" in BH. Lolz

Mystery

Was there a patch or balance update? I played my first game of the day earlier, and it seems the TTK is a lot higher, resulting in a much more enjoyable experience for myself.

Disktrasa

Banned
Sad to see those sales, think it was #9 in uk to ps4, #4 all format, i live in sweden, seems like low Numbers here to.

This really makes me Sad, because i think this game is a masterpiece, everybody talking about the fantastic sp, yes it is, but! for me its the mp that makes the game shine, its essential.

Izuna

Banned
I really miss the original tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BELshKYE8

--

Watching Gamesager play makes me upset at how CoD-like this version is. You can't compare R2 to Quake in the slightest.

The movement was the one thing that allowed me to perform in and our of a Titan. With those things gone (or irrelevant because the change in abilities) it doesn't matter how well I do on the scoreboard, I just never feel as awesome.

I really think the slight hopping, despite that I can do it, is a byproduct of that sort of moment not supposed to be part of the game. The air-control thing on controllers is very unfortunate.

JonnyKong

There's nothing wrong with this game, in fact it's a superb game, I just don't think online shooters are for me anymore which is a shame. When I play games I do it to have fun, and all I feel when I play games like this is anger and frustration. There's nothing worse than somebody shooting you in seemingly one shot whilst it takes me ages to kill somebody, or people constantly sneaking up behind you.

I've had a tonne of fun with the campaign, but after playing the multiplayer tonight for a couple of hours I can't really be bothered to play anymore. I'm not finding the unlocks exciting enough, nor am I finding the maps particularly interesting or memorable if I have to be honest.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. Peace out.

Izuna

Banned
There's nothing wrong with this game, in fact it's a superb game, I just don't think online shooters are for me anymore which is a shame. When I play games I do it to have fun, and all I feel when I play games like this is anger and frustration. There's nothing worse than somebody shooting you in seemingly one shot whilst it takes me ages to kill somebody, or people constantly sneaking up behind you.

I've had a tonne of fun with the campaign, but after playing the multiplayer tonight for a couple of hours I can't really be bothered to play anymore. I'm not finding the unlocks exciting enough, nor am I finding the particularly interesting or memorable if I have to be honest.

Yeah but you see, that stuff was discouraged so much in the original. Not many times would a dude camping in the corner would be able to do anything. That's why I loved Attrition, they'd literally be unable to score or get their Titan if they missed "food" in minions. All of that is gone.

The first wave of Bounty Hunt is just stupid. I bring the EPG or Softball because tbh nothing it's just about who can get their grenade to do the final bit of damage on some of these minions.

And for real, the weapons and what you can unlock is better, and I don't know if it's the UI or what, but I never feel anything about levelling at all. I opted to just turn it all off because it never felt satisfying.

I really want to play the original, I hope TitanBrehs have the same idea and something is scheduled.

JJShadow

Switched from the Grapple to Stim and what a difference, managed to carry my team in the last 4 Attrition matches and getting around 150 points regularly. I really love using that speed boost to catch a far enemy and kick his face with a meelee attack

Mechazawa

Why do people hate Crash Site? I've played on it a few times and it doesn't give me strong feelings either way.

One of the things that gets me with that map is that those black jagged rock formations are everywhere and makes it real difficult to discern what you can actually use to consistently wallrun. Some of those jagged rocks wallrun fine and some trip you up real bad and the ambiguity fucking sucks.

The other thing is the verticality is awful. You can't flank from above because the action in that map largely goes down in two large narrow tubes where people can see pilots wallrunning from a mile away and there's barely anything to duck into on those upper levels.

What gets me about that in particular is that TF1 had a great map with narrow corridors called Rise, and it was perfect because the upper levels were pinched in and narrower for Pilots to move through without having a giant target on their back, while also having various windows in those upper levels for them to slip through, whereas the lower areas were spacious for the Titans.

Another consequence of the flatter structure of these maps I guess.

One of the things that gets me with that map is that those black jagged rock formations are everywhere and makes it real difficult to discern what you can actually use to consistently wallrun. Some of those jagged rocks wallrun fine and some trip you up real bad and the ambiguity fucking sucks.

The other thing is the verticality is awful. You can't flank from above because the action in that map largely goes down in two large narrow tubes where people can see pilots wallrunning from a mile away and there's barely anything to duck into on those upper levels.

What gets me about that in particular is that TF1 had a great map with narrow corridors called Rise, and it was perfect because the upper levels were pinched in and narrower for Pilots while having various windows in those upper levels for them to slip through, while the lower areas were spacious for the Titans.

Another consequence of the flatter structure of these maps I guess.

All of this

I've had a tonne of fun with the campaign, but after playing the multiplayer tonight for a couple of hours I can't really be bothered to play anymore. I'm not finding the unlocks exciting enough, nor am I finding the maps particularly interesting or memorable if I have to be honest.

Yeah, I can agree with this. Multiplayer is too difficult to be fun. The first game felt like it was more beginner-friendly, but with a high skill ceiling.

Sou Da

Switched from the Grapple to Stim and what a difference, managed to carry my team in the last 4 Attrition matches and getting around 150 points regularly. I really love using that speed boost to catch a far enemy and kick his face with a meelee attack

grapple is just a newbie identifier by this point.

Top Bottom