• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

zou

And holy shit there is so many campers and snipers now :/

Being killed by a cloaked player hiding by the bank is also fun.

I discovered last night that there's actually (at least) 11 Generations this time around for Pilots (first game has 10). I'm guessing guns can regenerate for a long while.
Agreed. Maybe fans screwed up by yelling for Attrition. I regret being so vocal about it, especially since Bounty Hunt does feel like a proper and more fun evolution of Attrition.
One perk about Atrittion is that it's 6v6, whereas Bounty Hunt is 5v5. I think 6v6 would work for Bounty Hunt, though.

LowSignal

And holy shit there is so many campers and snipers now :/

Being killed by a cloaked player hiding by the bank is also fun.

Did you try swapping kits for bounty? I haven't had to many issues with campers but scanning always helps.

Titanfall 1 changed a lot from when it first launched so I'm very interested to see where titanfall 2 goes.

Izuna

Banned
Screenshot-Original.png

Woo

--

dsadly the connection is fucking up again ;( wtffff

pompidu

For anyone who just started this game. Do not spend credits until you can afford the wallhack.

Do not buy a gun, do not buy shit until you can afford the wallhack. Stupidiest fucking thing to ever put in a game but you will need it since everyone else is using it.

What's the maximum ping tolerance for a game like this? I feel like there nobody playing LTS in Singapore and the next closest data Centers are Hong Kong and Tokyo (50-ish ping).

Even then occasionally I have this weird "blackout screen" moments where I thought I lost connection but then it came back.

sun-drop

Grapple is great, you can do awesome things with it. Movement is even better. But looking at the points I would probably say that other abilities are more useful.

it gets my vote for traversal alone .. sling shooting yrself over walls attack on titian style lets you high tail it out of there in quick time

Spasm

God, Complex is such a shit map. There's plenty of space for vertical play as a pilot, but it's all marked off-limits. And the ground space is terribly cramped.

Xyber

What's the maximum ping tolerance for a game like this? I feel like there nobody playing LTS in Singapore and the next closest data Centers are Hong Kong and Tokyo (50-ish ping).

Even then occasionally I have this weird "blackout screen" moments where I thought I lost connection but then it came back.

50 is just fine.

ZehDon

Nothing says "great game" more than sitting at work, catching yourself counting the hours till your home to play some more. Stupid linear progression of time...

One of the things with this game that I don't like so much is the amount of emphasis on sonar and wall hacks. Feels like I'm being constantly wall hacked in this game and the problem I have is that I can't counter it at all.

In the past I'm usually running stealth kits and in other shooters perks equivalent to coldblooded, but I feel like the stealth kit in this game is kinda pointless with how often I'm being pinged via wall hacks. I guess something like coldblooded where you can't be detected wouldn't balance well with something like cloak but damn, I don't know, would be nice to not be anticipated most of the time.

zou

Also, did they get rid off the "filter" that made it harder for titans to see pilots? I'm constantly getting insta-killed, once there's 2-3 titans it's pretty much impossible to fight as a pilot.

How do the regions work

How many servers are there? How many in US East for example? Wouldnt it be better to combine some regions and reduce playlists? I feel like Pilot v pilot and Skirmish should just not exist, for example.

Velikost

In what ways, curious to hear when someone says this

Better maps, Titans weren't made of glass, gunplay felt better to me, etc. I didn't want to get it after the tech test, but a buddy pressured me into it.

Playing on PC I can't find a Pilot v Pilot match and it's been out for 4 days. Game is already dead, smh.

The Dude

One of the things with this game that I don't like so much is the amount of emphasis on sonar and wall hacks. Feels like I'm being constantly wall hacked in this game and the problem I have is that I can't counter it at all.

In the past I'm usually running stealth kits and in other shooters perks equivalent to coldblooded, but I feel like the stealth kit in this game is kinda pointless with how often I'm being pinged via wall hacks. I guess something like coldblooded where you can't be detected wouldn't balance well with something like cloak but damn, I don't know, would be nice to not be anticipated most of the time.

That's sort of what makes or feel like in playing call of duty more when on foot, that stuff is so cod. It's been awhile since I played the original but I did spend a ton with it when it launched and loved it to death, I don't remember that kind of shit and that's why I feel the first was simply better especially the ground game

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man my Titans always drop health in seconds yet it seems to take forever against others even in the same class.

The Dude

Better maps, Titans weren't made of glass, gunplay felt better to me, etc. I didn't want to get it after the tech test, but a buddy pressured me into it.

Playing on PC I can't find a Pilot v Pilot match and it's been out for 4 days. Game is already dead, smh.

Yea I feel titans are made of glass also. You're in and out of one on seconds at times it seems

The Dude

Man my Titans always drop health in seconds yet it seems to take forever against others even in the same class.

Yea, feel the same. I shut remember in the original getting my titan and being able to really lay waste.

It's funny because I find this game enjoyable for the most part but there are still things that really bug me.

As I said before if they simply left the ground combat/gunplay/titans the same and added content like they have it would be spot on perfect

Deps

Weaker titans is by far the best change from TF1. In TF1, if a team had a titan advantage and they were good, R I P. There's a much better balance between pilot and titan play in TF2.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Also, did they get rid off the "filter" that made it harder for titans to see pilots? I'm constantly getting insta-killed, once there's 2-3 titans it's pretty much impossible to fight as a pilot.

I don't remember that ever being a thing. Cloaked pilots, yes, those are much harder to see in a titan, but regular old pilots have always been easy to spot in a titan.

bbd23

everyone using this stupid wall hack perk, getting insta killed by titans wooooo

Think ill play campaign for a while.

Titans don't feel any weaker than before to me. Like the first game sometimes I do well in a Titan and sometimes I don't. Did they really change it that much ?

I don't know about the first game but it feels weird to have these giant hulking mechs playing peekaboo in LTS instead of being aggressive with them.

The Dude

Titans don't feel any weaker than before to me. Like the first game sometimes I do well in a Titan and sometimes I don't. Did they really change it that much ?

Yea there's something different. I just remember titan battles being more epic because you could stay in it longer. I think the fact that pilots can really butt fuck you so hard, least harder than I remember, doesn't help. You are sometimes getting shot from every which way and I dunno... Feels like a cluster fuck at times.

I have enjoyable matches but there is definitely something different.

The original had absolutely spot on gunplay and titan combat, I played the game for a long ass time... Whatever they did it's definitely a change

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Yea I feel titans are made of glass also. You're in and out of one on seconds at times it seems

I started switching my boost to the free extra battery any time I am playing any mode besides LTS. Then whenever my titan drops I activate my boost and my titan instantly gets an overshield, it's like TF1.

zou

Also, how the hell is pretty much any higher location out of bounds? On some of the maps it's almost every 4th jump that lands me in an area that I'm not supposed to be in.

Crashsite is probably the worst, there's hardly a single area I can get to as a pilot that is not out of bounds.

Im always on the move so none of that stuff bothers me. I get pinged all the time but unless your just sitting somewhere then it shouldn't be too much of a problem

Velikost

The lack of regenerating shields makes them much less viable IMO. The battery idea is cool in theory, but I still prefer the old system. Playing games of Attrition and Bounty Hunt on certain maps leads to a clusterfuck of titans in chokepoint areas and everyone just goes down real quick.

They also nerfed the dashing so it makes it harder to disengage and even if you do, you'd have to run and find a battery to get your Titan back up to snuff. They seemed to have cranked up the titan build rate from the tech test. I got like 3-4 in one bounty hunt match when I played for the first time yesterday, basically double.

Ehh, thats the worst mode anyways. Play a titan mode, its in the game's name.

So much wrong with this I don't even know where to start, Jesus

zou

I don't remember that ever being a thing. Cloaked pilots, yes, those are much harder to see in a titan, but regular old pilots have always been easy to spot in a titan.

Yeah you're right, guess it comes down to the red outline. They really should remove it, or at least when you're playing as a titan.

Edit: Oh and fuck complete areas on the ground, in the middle of the map being out of bounds. I really can't believe they shipped maps where I have a 50/50 chance of dying, because some designer placed a structure in the main map that's not supposed to be accessed.

The Dude

I don't know about the first game but it feels weird to have these giant hulking mechs playing peekaboo in LTS instead of being aggressive with them.

It's pretty much how it is. There are times I'll get in my titan and If 2 pilots start on me I'm half health within seconds of even getting in it

A big big shoutout to you brother. It wasn't perfect and it took me hours but your video was the strategy that set me in the right path.

This is my run (sorry for the quality and the beginning of the run isn't there because I didn't save in time)

https://youtu.be/v4c5PK8K87w

Nice work :) I didn't even think about using a rocket launcher, that probably helps quite a bit. The place both of our runs really loses time is when sliding under the wall at the end of the first section, as we both transition to running briefly.

It really kills the speed and takes at least 2 seconds off the time, possibly more. You could avoid running by using a grenade under the left side of the wall to take out the left side dummy then sliding at the first with the shotgun, and keep momentum.

I don't think I'll bother going back to it though, but I'd be really interested if they released some more challenges or races. It'd be interesting to take part in some using different tools like grappling or stim.

Don't be so ridiculous. Under-population of one mode does not make the game dead. Games like Call of Duty are incredibly popular yet often launch with various modes where you can't get high quality matchmaking due to the low player population (e.g. Sabotage in older Call of Duty games). It's worth considering that many people just starting out on the game will most likely be playing the default game modes. Pilot vs Pilot is quite circumscribed and I suspect many will want to experience the Titan gameplay.

Im always on the move so none of that stuff bothers me. I get pinged all the time but unless your just sitting somewhere then it shouldn't be too much of a problem

Oh I move too, but it still doesn't stop the fact that with wall hack you're completely visible to all of the enemy team with no counter. Cloak doesn't hide you. Radar Jammer doesn't stop the wall hack, just the radar. Running away from the sonar daggers is fine but the wall hack will keep you pinged no matter where you run.

Yea there's something different. I just remember titan battles being more epic because you could stay in it longer. I think the fact that pilots can really butt fuck you so hard, least harder than I remember, doesn't help. You are sometimes getting shot from every which way and I dunno... Feels like a cluster fuck at times.

I have enjoyable matches but there is definitely something different.

The original had absolutely spot on gunplay and titan combat, I played the game for a long ass time... Whatever they did it's definitely a change

It's definitely a different feeling game and I hated it at first but it's really grown on me and I'm having a lot of fun. Some maps like homestead are pretty bad imo but there are also some very intricately designed maps that encourage a lot of movement. I hope they do some balancing tweaks though

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Hey, I doubt there's many of us in an eastern time zone, so feel free to add B-Genius (if you're on PSN).

Depends. If they're co-ordinated or at least stick together, it's gonna be tough for a single titan, let alone a pilot. You just gotta be a bit more sneaky/quick and plot your routes around the map when there's a gang of enemy titans on the loose! Otherwise, try the cloak to give you some breathing room as others have suggested.

Top Bottom