• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 9 |OT| Last chance* to shine

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Link Man said:
Wait, you live in one of the most densely-populated cities in North America, and you were complaining about tag mode?

SMH.
No. I work in the city. I live out of state in the suburbs.

Link Man

Banned
Mejilan said:
No. I work in the city. I live out of state in the suburbs.
Still, you could take your DS with you on shopping trips or something.

I live in rural Ohio, and have very little chance of getting a tag.

Mejilan

Link Man said:
Still, you could take your DS with you on shopping trips or something.

I live in rural Ohio, and have very little chance of getting a tag.
But I won't. I know myself.

Oxx

Ooh. Latest Edge is very DQ-centric. 6-page feature on the series as a whole as well as the DQIX review.

Quite alarming that Horii looks like he shops at the same clothes stores as Suda 51.

Mejilan

!!

OMG_DQIX_GET.jpg

seantos

Neo Member
I totally blew it at EB just now. I went in asking how many had preordered the game to see if I should do it as well or not. I offhandedly mentioned that I thought it came out on Sunday. The manager (who i used to work with) starts opening the glass case and pulled out the game and was about to hand it to me just as he realized what I said earlier. He looks at the other guy behind the counter and says "did you check the release date on this?". After checking they realized I was right and proceeded to not sell me the game even after I tried to bribe him.

Curse my video game knowledge. If only had played it stupid I would have the game right now.

Sadly I also found out they 0 pre-orders which is not a good sign for the game.

Hex

Banned
seantos said:
I totally blew it at EB just now. I went in asking how many had preordered the game to see if I should do it as well or not. I offhandedly mentioned that I thought it came out on Sunday. The manager (who i used to work with) starts opening the glass case and pulled out the game and was about to hand it to me just as he realized what I said earlier. He looks at the other guy behind the counter and says "did you check the release date on this?". After checking they realized I was right and proceeded to not sell me the game even after I tried to bribe him.

Curse my video game knowledge. If only had played it stupid I would have the game right now.

Sadly I also found out they 0 pre-orders which is not a good sign for the game.

You mean people are not swayed by Seth Green?
He is FUNNY!

Jeels

Hex said:
Seriously?
Looks like it will be much harder to get tags in the United States than I anticipated.

Uhh, that was a really really good commercial no matter what perspective you are looking at.

Hex

Banned
Jeels said:
Uhh, that was a really really good commercial no matter what perspective you are looking at.

It is a great commercial.
That is if it is for Barbie dress up and quest.

The costume aspect of the game looks great, but I do not see it being a selling point.
And in both commercials Seth Green comes off like he is making fun of the game to be honest.

Hex said:

The costume aspect of the game looks great, but I do not see it being a selling point.
And in both commercials Seth Green comes off like he is making fun of the game to be honest.

Actually, you hit the nail on the head I think. I imagine that this version of the commercial was to appeal to girls, who love the whole stylizing aspect.

I'm still in shock that there's another commercial! This is the biggest push I have ever seen for a Dragon Quest game in the US... I'm glad Nintendo is marketing it. :)

vagabondarts said:
I'm still in shock that there's another commercial! This is the biggest push I have ever seen for a Dragon Quest game in the US... I'm glad Nintendo is marketing it. :)

I guess you don't remember the Sony spots for DQ 8, cause I couldn't escape them. Not like I wanted to as they were cool as well.....

KeioSquad2 said:
I guess you don't remember the Sony spots for DQ 8, cause I couldn't escape them. Not like I wanted to as they were cool as well.....
Yeah I remember those vaguely. The only time I ever saw them was after the fact online...
I really hope people who have never given DQ a chance before check it out...

Jeels

Hex said:

Except this is a huge selling point for the expanded audience Nintendo is looking at, I'm pretty sure that's why they are the marketers and not us.

Boney

Banned
Jeels said:
Except this is a huge selling point for the expanded audience Nintendo is looking at, I'm pretty sure that's why they are the marketers and not us.
Going after the Style Saavy crowd. By the way, how did that fare?

bon

Jeels said:
Yeah, I think it's a good attempt at widening the game's audience. They don't need to advertise to DQ fans because we're going to buy it anyway. Might as well advertise to everyone else and hope it catches on.

Darkgran

This will be my first Dragon Quest game since the second one. I have a few questions

How does the loot work? Do enemies drop loot or do you buy it?

Are there rare items? If so, do they randomly generate?

Sorry I’m just not that familiar with these games.

bluemax

Banned
Mejilan said:
By the gaming gods, bless NYC's street-breaking mom & pop shops. I just bought their only copy!

Damn, my local mom and pop in LA said they weren't getting it until tomorrow at the earliest. Maybe I should call them and double check...

Mejilan

Someone asked to see the back of the case. Sorry if the quality sucks. Took it while bouncing on a bumpy bus ride and had to figure out how to upload it to my photobucket account from my iPhone sans a PC.

8a64c46a.jpg

Hope this works!

Mejilan said:
Someone asked to see the back of the case. Sorry if the quality sucks. Took it while bouncing on a bumpy bus ride and had to figure out how to upload it to my photobucket account from my iPhone sans a PC.

8a64c46a.jpg

Hope this works!

Thank you!!:D

Psy-Phi

Did this drop today? or are these street dates being broken? I thought it wasn't due out till next week.

Top Bottom