• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Offseason |OT|: Where We Slander One of the Greats of All Time... Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
captmcblack said:
I need to see more on this sign and trade!

Is there any reason why the Cavs would actually want to do that? Would there be a benefit to them in anyway, like if it would allow them to trade for/sign good players or something?

The Cavs could get picks and a TPE. I can't imagine Gilbert signing off on it for that though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Basileus777 said:
Nah, we'll offer Scola the max. Morey will wait a week and match it anyway, leaving us with Brian Skinner.
The funny thing is, Outlaw is the better player. Its like Prokhorov tried to fuck us out of 2012-13 FA

3rdman

captmcblack said:
I need to see more on this sign and trade!

Is there any reason why the Cavs would actually want to do that? Would there be a benefit to them in anyway, like if it would allow them to trade for/sign good players or something?
Something is better than nothing and although they're pissed now, it's better if they deal. Miami could offer Toronto's pick, no?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
rac said:
What goggles? I'm a celtics fan.

Also I can't really defend my point now since the poster above you is saying he tanked game 6 and your saying that he stat padded.

2exbuk7.jpg

One of these players quit on his team. The other won a championship.
You'll have to excuse me. I thought you were just another run of the mill LeBron apologist, but it turns out you're simply a basketball fan that doesn't know jack shit about basketball, other than what a bunch of numbers tell you.

I'm very curious. Did you even watch game 6? Did you really?

rac said:
What goggles? I'm a celtics fan.

Also I can't really defend my point now since the poster above you is saying he tanked game 6 and your saying that he stat padded.

2exbuk7.jpg

One of these players quit on his team. The other won a championship.

Do you not realize that there is nothing stopping someone from stat padding AND STILL mailing it in? LeBron has the best opportunity to make a shot, instead he passes the ball and grabs an assist. Problem being he isn't getting hot and will be cold when the team needs him. He may get 10+ assists but the negative will be in the last 10 minutes his shot may be off because he was aiming to pad his assists.

If you actually watched games 5 & 6 of the Celtics vs Cavs series, you would have seen as everybody else who watched that LeBron mailed it in. He didn't take a shot when he had one or he took stupid shots (3's) instead of driving to the whole like he normally would. Why do you think he missed so many shots? Because they were HORRIBLE shots that were low percentage and by the shots missing, it allowed the Celtics to grab the rebound and start the fast break.

Yes, LeBron statpadded and threw the series.

rac

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
You'll have to excuse me. I thought you were just another run of the mill LeBron apologist, but it turns out you're simply a basketball fan that doesn't know jack shit about basketball, other than what a bunch of numbers tell you.

I'm very curious. Did you even watch game 6? Did you really?
Yeah and I saw a man defeated. Its then that he realized that his team wasn't good enough to win a championship and never will be. No player would be able to play the same way as they usually do with that level of frustration.

rac said:
Yeah and I saw a man defeated. Its then that he realized that his team wasn't good enough to win a championship and never will be. No player would be able to play the same way as they usually do with that level of frustration.

Frustration is an excuse especially when you are ignorantly mentioned the the same breath as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

These guys toughed it out and at least left everything on the court.

Yes, they are better than LeBron but that still doesn't mean you give up.

LeBron is no leader nor ever will be, that's why he's become a follower in his new situation.

rac

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Do you not realize that there is nothing stopping someone from stat padding AND STILL mailing it in? LeBron has the best opportunity to make a shot, instead he passes the ball and grabs an assist. Problem being he isn't getting hot and will be cold when the team needs him. He may get 10+ assists but the negative will be in the last 10 minutes his shot may be off because he was aiming to pad his assists.

If you actually watched games 5 & 6 of the Celtics vs Cavs series, you would have seen as everybody else who watched that LeBron mailed it in. He didn't take a shot when he had one or he took stupid shots (3's) instead of driving to the whole like he normally would. Why do you think he missed so many shots? Because they were HORRIBLE shots that were low percentage and by the shots missing, it allowed the Celtics to grab the rebound and start the fast break.

Yes, LeBron statpadded and threw the series.
So when other players get assists they are seen as selfless guys trying to get his teammates going because that is whats needed to win. But when LeBron does it he's mailing it in.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
rac said:
D-did you just make excuses for a player who quit on a 60 win team in the middle of the fucking playoffs? The reigning league MVP no less................

Yeah.. this posts is all I need to know about who you are.

And I'm going to go ahead and guess that you did not in fact watch game 6. smfh

rac

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Frustration is an excuse especially when you are ignorantly mentioned the the same breath as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

These guys toughed it out and at least left everything on the court.

Yes, they are better than LeBron but that still doesn't mean you give up.

LeBron is no leader nor ever will be, that's why he's become a follower in his new situation.
Will he still be seen as a follower if he has an mvp season? What if he's the best player on the team?

thekad

Banned
rac said:
So when other players get assists they are seen as selfless guys trying to get his teammates going because that is whats needed to win. But when LeBron does it he's mailing it in.

You need to learn the difference between assists and KOBE ASSISTS.

rac said:

He was the leader of his team and "one of the best players of all time" and he defers to others at the biggest moments???

No, this is not Michael Jordan getting doubled and finding Steve Kerr to win that one championship, this is a guy that just can't win and lead.

rac said:

You don't get it, do you? LeBron was passing the ball when the Cavs NEEDED HIM to score the most. When he did take a shot, he was shooting from the outside instead of driving it to the whole and getting fouled. If you look at LeBron from games 1-4, its clearly a different player in games 5 & 6. LeBron tanked the series, whether it was due to Gloria and Delonte, him trying to prove his importance to his teammates, or him not wanting an excuse to have to stay in Cleveland, allowing him to leave, LeBron tanked the series.

rac said:
Will he still be seen as a follower if he has an mvp season? What if he's the best player on the team?

I don't care about league MVPs but if he is the MVP of the playoffs, then we're talking.

I have a feeling it's going to be tough to get a clear cut answer on the latter you posed.

Triple U said:
what have you done?!?!?!?!

I'm not a LeBron fan, but Lakers fans hating on him makes me laugh. The same argument against LeBron can be used against Kobe on at least two key occasions in the playoffs, one of which occurred in the finals.

LeBron proved himself to be quite the asshole by stabbing Cle in the heart in prime time, but on the court he's one of the most selfless players in the NBA while Kobe is the exact opposite.

PhoenixDark said:
And Kobe quit in a game 7 against the Suns and the NBA finals against the Celtics.

You're equating a team with the best record in the league to Kobe's 40 something win team that started Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? Ooookay....

Triple U

Banned
LovingSteam said:
You don't get it, do you? LeBron was passing the ball when the Cavs NEEDED HIM to score the most. When he did take a shot, he was shooting from the outside instead of driving it to the whole and getting fouled. If you look at LeBron from games 1-4, its clearly a different player in games 5 & 6. LeBron tanked the series, whether it was due to Gloria and Delonte, him trying to prove his importance to his teammates, or him not wanting an excuse to have to stay in Cleveland, allowing him to leave, LeBron tanked the series.
While i think he kinda tanked thats lbjs game through and through:lol

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He was the leader of his team and "one of the best players of all time" and he defers to others at the biggest moments???

No, this is not Michael Jordan getting doubled and finding Steve Kerr to win that one championship, this is a guy that just can't win and lead.

Exactly, here's an example of a true leader dishing out a LEADER ASSIST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mT99HCFFI

That's the kind of leadership that doesn't show up on the stat sheet!

PhoenixDark said:
LeBron proved himself to be quite the asshole by stabbing Cle in the heart in prime time, but on the court he's one of the most selfless players in the NBA while Kobe is the exact opposite.

One of them lived up to the hype though.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
PhoenixDark said:
And Kobe quit in a game 7 against the Suns and the NBA finals against the Celtics.
Having a bad game does not = quitting. Kobe's problem in game 7 was that he tried too hard. LeBron's problem is that he didn't try hard enough.

Forceatowulf said:
Having a bad game does not = quitting. Kobe's problem in game 7 was that he tried too hard. LeBron's problem is that he didn't try hard enough.

He tried so hard he didn't take a shot in the second half? :lol :lol :lol

thekad

Banned
Forceatowulf said:

Here's the thing about the Mamba and probably his only flaws. He works too hard. He cares too much. He's too unselfish. You know?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nice blog about LBJ by Austin Carr

Hey, Cavalier fans and CavFanatics. It’s A.C. here – what’s happening?

Was I surprised with his decision? Yes and no. What I found interesting was, during the playoffs, Kevin Garnett made a statement after one of the games. When they asked him about LeBron, he essentially said that sometimes loyalty robs you of your youth. And I know that rung a bell with LeBron – he heard that loud and clear.

LeBron’s always seemed to have an affinity for the big city. He thinks that’s where he needs to be. And now it seems like he couldn’t carry the production as lead man, so now he’s going to be one of its supporting actors.

Three superstars joining forces on a single team isn’t unprecedented. Years ago, the Lakers got Chamberlain, West and Baylor together. They played together three or four years and I think won just one Championship.

But I don’t think this situation is good for the league. There are enough financial problems in the NBA as it is, and to concentrate all those guys together in one place, I don’t think it’s good. By the same token, now you have a team that’s a “target” – the team everyone will bring their A-game for.

The talent level in the league is nowhere near as strong as it needs to be and this doesn’t help. This could create a problem, but we’ll see. I still think the organization with the best “team concept” will win. Each of those guys in Miami will have to subvert their game to make it work. Who’s going to take the final shot? LeBron or Wade?

It’s Wade’s team. He’s won the Championship. Not LeBron or Bosh. It’ll come down to how much each of them is willing to back off.

It’s interesting to see all this happen, because I believe it was definitely orchestrated before Thursday night. Really, there’s no telling how long this has been in the works.

All the cities that were juked into thinking he would come, there will definitely be some backlash against LeBron. There’s definitely going to be some backlash in Akron and Cleveland and it’s already begun. I don’t know if he’ll be able to come back here.

I don’t begrudge him for leaving; that’s his prerogative. But the way he did it was selfish and self-promoting and I didn’t think he had that in him. But he’s not the same person as when I first met him in high school. He’s a lot more aloof and a little bit strong on himself right now.

He’s always had that self-confidence, but at any given moment, something can change your course in life. And he’s got to understand that.

As much as LeBron likes to talk about being a winner and businessman, the two things he’s shown me in this process is that it’s not about winning, and it’s really not about doing good business. It’s about LeBron, and it’s not about anything else. And that’s starting to show through more now.

This move is going to be a test for him. I hope he doesn’t think this is going to be a cakewalk. He’s going to have to back off his game. And this hurts his brand. They’ll promote them as a threesome now and not him, individually. If he thinks this is the way to go, more power to him.

Getting almost as much attention as LeBron’s decision was the Open Letter Dan Gilbert fired off after it.

When I first saw the letter, I could feel the hurt. And a lot of what I read in the letter, to me, was true.

And again, I don’t understand why LeBron would do the ownership that way. They’ve given him everything he’s wanted. They’ve bent over backwards to give him everything he’s wanted. And to not even give the man a phonecall, it’s very tacky. It’s very unprofessional.

Most of the moves that management made was because of LeBron and his timetable. And that’s why I’m surprised he’d leave us in a lurch like that. All of the moves were made to help him in a Championship. So he should have at least given us the respect to make some moves this summer – instead of dragging it on like he did.

That left us in a hole. That tells me the disdain he had for the organization. He knows he shouldn’t have done it this way. For him to do it this way after what the organization has done to try to appease him, to me, it’s just not right. You don’t do people like that. And when you put vibes like that out into the world, they don’t come back to you in a positive way.

Moving forward, however, I think Byron Scott is definitely the right man for the job. And the statement he made – that he’s turned around worse teams than this – he understands he has an owner that’s going to get the pieces and parts to rebuild this into a Championship contender. He knows that.

What we have to do now is refill that talent pool. We definitely have work to do, but I don’t think our management group is above a little work.

LeBron James has always known how to orchestrate. And I think this whole free agency thing that he and his team orchestrated backfired on them. I didn’t think he’d turn out to be the villain. Even Bosh only looks like a follower, not a traitor. And that’s the difference in the perception.

LeBron tried it here for seven years as Batman. Now he’s going to try to win it as Robin.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Forceatowulf said:

holy shit

:lol :lol :lol

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jamesfrom818 said:
You're equating a team with the best record in the league to Kobe's 40 something win team that started Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? Ooookay....
Let's not overlook that Bron was the league MVP this year win he quit too...

Reigning MVP, with a 60+ win team and the best record in the league... and he quits in the second round.

Like, it's not even remotely close. Not. Even. Close.

Triple U

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Nice blog about LBJ by Austin Carr
I'll say it again. Until this shit plays out nobody knows who is the "robin". Of course its wade team right now but that can easily be changed..

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
On ESPN last night, they were wondering what the new nickname for the new trio of free agents in Miami should be. I vote for ...

5. The Nazgul
The Nazgul were the characters in Lord of the Rings that were former kings who turned into demons that were constantly chasing the ring. It completely consumed them and robbed them of their humanity. I think this sums up the situation in Miami.

HOLY SHIT

THATS PERFECT

Triple U

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
Let's not overlook that Bron was the league MVP this year win he quit too...

Reigning MVP, with a 60+ win team and the best record in the league... and he quits in the second round.

Like, it's not even remotely close. Not. Even. Close.
quit=quit

thekad

Banned
viakado said:
hunter, go break something. and post pic please.

Felton should join the Rockets summer league team. No, really, I don't know which team is better.

Felton
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
Amare

Felton
Jermaine Taylor
Chase Budinger
Patrick Patterson
Jordan Hill

7 game series, who wins? I honestly don't know.

Raymond Felton?

Better be cheap.

Probably won't be, though. :(

1. Felton/Douglas/Rautins
2. Chandler/Walker/Azubuike
3. Gallinari/Chandler/Walker/Fields
4. Randolph/Stoudemire/Fields
5. Stoudemire/Turiaf/J. Jordan/Curry

Need a center, though...unless Randolph can bulk up and play that position. He is quick, wiry and deceptively strong like Jermaine O'Neal was when he first started. If Randolph can get a little bigger and play a little smarter, maybe.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Raging Spaniard said:
HOLY SHIT

THATS PERFECT
I saw that too. Amazing
thekad said:
Felton should join the Rockets summer league team. No, really, I don't know which team is better.

Felton
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
Amare

Felton
Jermaine Taylor
Chase Budinger
Patrick Patterson
Jordan Hill

7 game series, who wins? I honestly don't know.
:lol :lol :lol

TPE + pick for Collison & Okafor.

Hedo for Odom.

Your 2010/2011 Toronto Raptors:

Advanced Stat/Okafor
Bargnani/Davis
Odom/Klieza
Derozan/Weems
Collison/Jack

+ Jose for something or other.

DO IT COLONJELLO

Status