• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Offseason |OT|: Where We Slander One of the Greats of All Time... Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple U said:
The only thing that is different is how it came to be. Also it makes no difference if its modern era or not. The 5 top players of all time didn't play in the "modern era" and they were on the same kinda stacked teams.....

This isn't about Wade or Bosh. Neither of those guys have an 'Chosen One' tat. Neither of those guys call themselves THE KING. Neither of those guys won back to back MVP's. Neither of those guys have been praised by the media as the second coming of MJ. Lebron has from day 1. He has built the hype himself. Now he has chosen to jump on the back of Wade and Bosh to win titles. He is taking the EASY way out. That is exactly what it is. It's for this reason that he will never go down as a player who can join the small community of GOAT condidates like Magic, Bird, MJ, Wilt, Kareem, Russ. LeBron took the easy way out to win the ring.

bionic77

ph33nix said:
u scared?
Scared of what? The Lakers legacy is secure with the back to back.

Every ring that Kobe/Gasol get from now on is just adding on top of that. They have nothing to prove, unlike your triple threat who have all the pressure on themselves to win right away.

1-D_FTW

Forceatowulf said:
Concerned.

I'll be scared when your bench becomes formidable and you haven't been knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics/magic and the Lakers aren't healthy.

Again... name me a team that has had 2 of the top 3 players on it in the league at that time and another player top 5 at his position whilst all in their primes.

Seriously, I would like to know the name of that team. Please show me.

The 60s Celtics teams may or may not meet your exact criteria, but it's far and away the best dynasty the sport will ever see.

Blackface

Banned
Raptors apparently going after Collison and others with TPE and package. I am so down with that. Another young talent to add to the young guns.

the Bosh deal is done apparently btw, so he is officially with Miami.

tralfazz

Last night explains the 23 to 6 change out of the blue this year a little better. The guy doesn't want to live up to that or doesn't think he is capable. I've actually gained a lot more respect for Kobe after this mess. Unthinkable.

DCX

DCX
captmcblack said:
So when is this trio officially signed, sealed and delivered?
who care fuck them. On a lighter note.

Code:
New York is expected to receive a second-round pick, as well as about $800,000 in extra salary cap space this year

Sign and trade details for Amare. We traded our trade exception.

DCX

Triple U

Banned
LovingSteam said:
This isn't about Wade or Bosh. Neither of those guys have an 'Chosen One' tat. Neither of those guys call themselves THE KING. Neither of those guys won back to back MVP's. Neither of those guys have been praised by the media as the second coming of MJ. Lebron has from day 1. He has built the hype himself. Now he has chosen to jump on the back of Wade and Bosh to win titles. He is taking the EASY way out. That is exactly what it is. It's for this reason that he will never go down as a player who can join the small community of GOAT condidates like Magic, Bird, MJ, Wilt, Kareem, Russ. LeBron took the easy way out to win the ring.
all that matters not. The end all be all is that those had:
Magic: Kareem, Worthy
Mj:Scottie, Rodman, Kerr etc
Bird: Mchale, Cornbread, Parish etc

As much as you would love for this tobe all lbj takin the easy way out the obvious reality is that these three have been planning this shit for sum time and it doesn't change the fact that the small community of goats had to have similar situations to win.....
Edit lol cornbread on espn backing me up

DCX said:
who care fuck them. On a lighter note.

Code:
New York is expected to receive a second-round pick, as well as about $800,000 in extra salary cap space this year

Sign and trade details for Amare. We traded our trade exception.

DCX

Suns sure like giving up draft picks.

rac

Banned
LovingSteam said:

What if he wins another mvp? Would that still be considered as taking the easy way out?
He was never going to win in Cle. He gave his all and he tried to win.

No one in the NBA is winning a title alone. Kobe can't, Dwight can't, Pierce wasn't even close. What do you guys expect him to do? Stay with the cavs and lose the rest of his career?

I never liked lebron and despise the cavs but everyone jumping down his throat right now is ridiculous.

AirBrian

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
After reading that letter, fuck the Spurs, I'm a Cavs fans now. We're getting that ring before Lebitch, baby!
Matrix said:
lmao :lol

chad ford on DDL on ESPN

"Honestly, if Kobe really wants to show up LeBron. He should demand a trade from the super stacked Lakers to the Cavs and then win a championship with the squad LeBron had for the past several years. Kobe does that ... and he wins the war."
Smokey said:
What just happened still hasn't really sunk in yet.

Oh and I said it in the chat and I'll say it here

HEAT BANNED IN 2K11 GAF LEAGUE!!

yes im mad
:lol :lol

ph33nix said:
Maybe last night was an admission that he isn't that guy everyone wants him to do.

"Individually you become a superstar, but a team makes you a champion"

something like that. and no one thought he'd ever say something like that.

and I'm still :lol at all the people who are in love with Chicago. Jon Barry looked like someone kidnapped his family last night!
Can't wait until the Bulls knock out the Heat in the first round! :D

DY_nasty said:
4 members of heat-age.

Pimpwerx, Pheeknicks, Cerrius, MiamiWesker

Anyone else, get roasted.
Add VindicatorZ. His predictions back in February are incredible. He nailed this 100% while everyone mocked him.

Gigglepoo

mYm|17| said:
I wonder what the scene will be like when the Heat visit Cleveland...................goddamn

I just hope it's better than when Vince returned to Toronto. That was pretty embarrassing. They should have booed that fool out of the building!

LovingSteam

Don't even bother. People don't understand a nuanced argument. They rather equate what you're saying as, "OMG Lebron is a traitor and he should have stayed in CLE no matter what!"

rac said:
No one in the NBA is winning a title alone. Kobe can't, Dwight can't, Pierce wasn't even close. What do you guys expect him to do? Stay with the cavs and lose the rest of his career?
alpha males never abandon their camp.
kobe, michael, duncan, magic are alpha males because of this.
so therefore, wade is the alpha male. lebackstab will just be pippen 0.9.
also this also proves Shaq was never alpha male.
hmph, go fig.

mYm|17|

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-update-s070910,0,4440538.story

In a potentially huge turn of events, the Miami Heat is attempting to work out a sign-and-trade agreement with the Cleveland Cavaliers for free-agent forward LeBron James, who already has agreed to join the Heat.

Should the Heat be able to pull off the maneuver, it would give Heat President Pat Riley unlimited resources to re-sign remaining current Heat free agents such as Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright and Quentin Richardson -- whichever are not included in such a sign-and-trade -- without having to make those agreements work within the confines of the NBA's "soft" salary cap.

No matter the approach, James is locked into a Heat future.

In addition, such a maneuver would allow the Heat to retain its mid-level salary-cap exception for 2010-11, which it then could utilize to complete its planned signing of Washington Wizards free-agent swingman Mike Miller.

In essence, the Heat is completing its end game.

Regardless of the approach, the Heat is expected to sign Miller, the former University of Florida standout, to a contract in the five-year, $30 million range.

The Heat also is finishing off a sign-and-trade agreement with the Toronto Raptors that will allow recently acquired power forward Chris Bosh to receive a six-year free-agent contract instead of the maximum five-year contract an outside free agent can receive. The Raptors, in turn, will receive a package of draft picks from the Heat and a trade exception of roughly $15 million.

With a sign-and-trade with Cleveland, James also could receive a six-year package, instead of the maximum five-year deal an outside free agent could receive.

Such an arrangement would allow Bosh, James and re-signed Heat free-agent guard Dwyane Wade to each receive similar six-year, $125 million contracts starting at the league maximum of $16.6 million for next season.

The Heat still is addressing the possibility of retaining Haslem, the free-agent power forward. However, under its current salary structure, the Heat only could offer Haslem a veteran-minimum 2010-11 contract of $1.1 million. The Heat then could make up the money to Haslem in 2011-12 and beyond.

However, if both Bosh and James are acquired by sign-and-trade agreements, then Haslem could receive a Heat contract that would start in 2010-11 at or above his $7.1 million 2009-10 salary.

Haslem has had contact with several teams, with the Utah Jazz emerging as a suitor in the wake of losing free-agent power forward Carlos Boozer to the Chicago Bulls.

The Orlando Sentinel also reporting that Orlando Magic free-agent forward Matt Barnes said he has been in contact with the Heat. Barnes earned $1.6 million last season, opting out of the $1.6 million he otherwise would have earned this coming season.

With a sign-and-trade of James, Barnes then could slide into the lower-level, $2 million salary-cap exception the Heat would regain.

Cleveland shouldn't help Miami out with a sign and trade.

Fuck that shit!

If there is no sign and trade, LBJ has to take 5 years and much less money than Bosh and Wade, right?

What would happen if LBJ was like "lol, fuck that?"

JohnsonUT

rac said:

'94 Hakeem and '03 Duncan did pretty well without any other all-stars (unless I am forgetting someone on their rosters).

rac

Banned
viakado said:
hmph, go fig.
Well I guess its just lebron's bad luck that he had the cavs as his camp.

DCX

DCX
captmcblack said:
Cleveland shouldn't help Miami out with a sign and trade.

Fuck that shit!

If there is no sign and trade, LBJ has to take 5 years and much less money than Bosh and Wade, right?

What would happen if LBJ was like "lol, fuck that?"
NJ Nets future as the Knicks and Cavs would most likely stick it to him. Maybe the Bulls would be easier on him and take him in...but NY and Cleveland would make a stand.

DCX

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
They're is no way Cleveland does a sign and trade after Gilbert wasted God knows how much time writing that ridiculous letter in fucking Comic Sans.

Megaton

Neo Member
DCX said:
NJ Nets future as the Knicks and Cavs would most likely stick it to him. Maybe the Bulls would be easier on him and take him in...but NY and Cleveland would make a stand.

DCX

I'm pretty sure every team that was going for him would still take him in a heartbeat.

Spooks

R_GILL said:
They're is no way Cleveland does a sign and trade after Gilbert wasted God knows how much time writing that ridiculous letter in fucking Comic Sans.
God, the fact that it was in comic sans makes it soooo much better :lol

It would be such incredible drama if Lebron's hubris didn't allow him to accept $30M less than the other members of the super trio, and then the three of them fighting over salaries led to the whole thing being dissolved.

He'd have to play in China after destroying the Cavs, scarring the Knicks fanbase and redestroying the Heat fanbase :lol

Triple U

Banned
marathonfool said:
LovingSteam

Don't even bother. People don't understand a nuanced argument. They rather equate what you're saying as, "OMG Lebron is a traitor and he should have stayed in CLE no matter what!"
oh I understand his argument. He just doesn't understand the end all be all......

Triple U

Banned
viakado said:
hmph, go fig.
:lol :lol :lol

captmcblack said:
It would be such incredible drama if Lebron's hubris didn't allow him to accept $30M less than the other members of the super trio, and then the three of them fighting over salaries led to the whole thing being dissolved.

He'd have to play in China after destroying the Cavs, scarring the Knicks fanbase and redestroying the Heat fanbase :lol

Gilbert needs to take it up a notch. Trade LeBron for Wade.

thekad

Banned
I have a feeling heatbench is going to get a lot of play this year. After every loss pheenix is going to get it tossed back at him :lol

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
R_GILL said:

:lol . It would be more awesome if Gilbert Arenas wrote it.

Everyone on ESPN including Skip Bayless just said Kobe is the most popular NBA player now... :lol :lol :lol :lol Well, well, well. How the turntables …

So if Shaq goes back to MIA we can have the justice league.

Shaq=Superman
Wade=Flash
Bosh=Green Lantern
James=Wonder Woman

justice-league.jpg

:lol

I want to revisit this stuff one year from now, when we can see the first results of this super trio.

...if ink makes it to contract.
C'mon, Dan Gilbert - fuck the whole game up! DO ITTTTTTTTTT FOR THE LULZ

soundscream said:
So if Shaq goes back to MIA we can have the justice league.

Shaq=Superman
Wade=Flash
Bosh=Green Lantern
James=Wonder Woman

justice-league.jpg

Actually, given the way the Justice League DCAU cartoon went, LBJ would be more Hawkgirl than Wonder Woman.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Have the details of the Raptors sign and trade come out yet? Hopefully that lizard man Riley is kind enough to let us have our first round pick back. Knowing our luck it is probably going to be like 3 2nd rounders though.

Kak.efes

Kobe would be an afterthought today if it weren't for West gifting him Gasol. LeBron is just insuring his relevance before he turns into KGv2.0

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
AirBrian said:
Add VindicatorZ. His predictions back in February are incredible. He nailed this 100% while everyone mocked him.
You're right... that shit was crazy.

Heat-Age: VindicatorZ, Pimpwerx, Miamiwesker, Pheeknicks, and Cerrius.

Don't forget everyone's favorite logic bomber, Lebron apologist, and unanimous winner of dick-rider of the year award Triple U.

1-D_FTW

RJNavarrete said:
Everyone on ESPN including Skip Bayless just said Kobe is the most popular NBA player now... :lol :lol :lol :lol Well, well, well. How the turntables …

Yeah. That won't last. It people can forgive the fact he had to pay off some chick to avoid going to prison for rape, they'll forget about the fact that LeBron staged a clumsy show that netted 2.5 million to the Boys & Girls Club.

Gigglepoo

JohnsonUT said:
'94 Hakeem and '03 Duncan did pretty well without any other all-stars (unless I am forgetting someone on their rosters).

It's not fair to bring up players who are significantly better than LeBron.

Jon

:lol VindicatorZ! That's almost as good as when the dude in gaming broke the news about a Mortal Kombat game versus DC Comics almost 2 years before the game came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom