• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 NBA Offseason |OT|: Where We Slander One of the Greats of All Time... Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda fun to read this thread without posting anything here :D

Either way, congratulations Heat... You guys have a hell of a team. Excited to see you guys in action next season. Get some cheap reliable veterans and you guys should be set.

HOWEVER, I am EXTREMELY annoyed on how LeBron handled this FA. First it was his "I am making shoes wherever I'm visiting even though I'm not going to sign with this team." Then it was "LOOK!!!! EVERYONE!! LOOK @ ME!!! I'm deciding this day." Also, a lot douchebagary at how he left Cleveland. He didn't even give them a chance to let the city rebuild by announcing it so late.

I am hating this guy as a PERSON more and more. The way he left the playoffs 2 yrs ago, the way he gave up at the last game the last season. And still calls himself The King? I don't know... REALLY hard for me to respect this guy. He's still a monster on the court though. Really fun to watch him... Just too bad about his ego.

edit: Was anyone expecting LeBron tearing off his shirt ALA Superman when he was announcing what team he was going? The way he announced it was also REALLY boring.

Like I said last night. As far as the Heat business goes. I am a lifelong Dolphins/Panthers Hockey fan. As far as the Heat goes I would watch the game if it was on at my buddies house or if it was on at the bar. I fully intend to start following them closer this season because they amassed STAR POWER!! :D

Oh and I definetly would love to get to more games now. So I guess it definetly had the effect the ownership wanted for S Florida fence sitters.

My question is: Will anyone really respect any rings he obtains at this point?

BTW, what's with the Lakers/Rockets unite thing? What do the Rockets have to do with the inevitable clash between LA and MIA?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You gotta love Byrons confidence.

Glad to hear the Cavs got a call beforehand.

dskillzhtown said:
Or maybe he just wanted to live in Miami and play ball with his friends.
i thought it was all about business.
the bulls would've given him a max contract in a big city with comparable ad revenues that would've rivaled NYC and LA. but go ahead and render him as just one of the guys that only wants to play with his friends.

Triple U

Banned
chuckddd said:
30 seconds before from a fucking member of the entourage.

The people defending LBJ are far worse than anything I've seen from Cleveland fans. I'm pissed about it and I could give a shit about the Cavs. Quit making excuses, LeBron fucked this up all by himself. I'm not sure he could have done too much about the hate he's going to get, but he should have at least made an effort.
And the people spouting hyperbole is worse than all. According to gent he knew a good hour or so before so please stfu......

SquallASF said:

BTW, what's with the Lakers/Rockets unite thing? What do the Rockets have to do with the inevitable clash between LA and MIA?

Yes. Because as you can see, a championship isn't guaranteed.

He kept mentioning it: the history of the game. You need at least 2 superstars. They got 2.5

bionic77 said:
He obviously wanted LeBron back the whole time. He did everything he could have to please the guy and keep him in Cleveland. It is just the total lack of respect LeBron showed in how he approached this. Why the need for the whole fucking charade for the past year?

If LeBron had just left the way everyone else before him had left their teams I would have said tough shit to Gilbert, but LeBron's classless display is what is fueling the backlash.

it classless from both sides.

Also he sounded so fake when he answered where are you going?

oh this s so hard...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Anerythristic said:
Like I said last night. As far as the Heat business goes. I am a lifelong Dolphins/Panthers Hockey fan. As far as the Heat goes I would watch the game if it was on at my buddies house or if it was on at the bar. I fully intend to start following them closer this season because they amassed STAR POWER!! :D

Application accepted.

Welcome aboard to Heat - Age :D

bionic77

SquallASF said:
A ring is a ring. Doesn't matter how you got it, no one remembers that shit afterward.

ESPN is going to pretend none of these shenanigans every happened in another month when they start hyping the next sports story.

It will be interesting to see how LeBron and Wade play together. They both play exactly the same and need the ball to dominate. Riley or that kid that currently coaches the Heat have their work cut out for them.

Gigglepoo

ph33nix said:
You need at least 2 superstars.

No you don't. Shaq wasn't a superstar on Miami. Pau isn't a superstar now. The '04 Pistons didn't have any superstars. The Rockets had one. The Spurs only had one (unless you think Robinson was still a superstar during their first title). Only the Bulls and Lakers (Shaq and Kobe) and two superstars with recent title teams.

thekad said:
It's that easy? Every other -age at least has summer league.

The Heat are all about the easy way.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SquallASF said:

Of course I'll respect it, but any hopes he has for being a top 5 player of all time are out the window. Why? He's not even #1 on his own team. Before we can talk about him challenging Jordan or even Kobe's legacy, can he beat Wade's legacy?

bionic77

Starchasing said:
it classless from both sides.

Also he sounded so fake when he answered where are you going?

oh this s so hard...
Yeah that is true. Gilbert didn't take this shit that well, but honestly only he and LeBron know what went on behind the scenes the last 8 years. Maybe it was well deserved or maybe they did something that justifies the shit LeBron took on the entire franchise.

Godslay

Banned
Picked this up at realcavsfans.com:

Originally Posted by TheChosenJuan
Sign him for a 1 year deal, give him #23 and retire it next year with Ilgauskas on it.

:lol

Forceatowulf said:
if the heat get matt Barnes too... like wtf man.

what. the. fuck.

I know Raja Bell has said the Heat are his first choice. I'm sure we will be giving him a call.

This could complete our swingman rotation if we can get Bell/Barnes although its doubtful we get both. Still, I'm pretty sure Mike Miller will be the 6th man because I think Chalmers will be opening night starter. Chalmers was pretty terrible last year but his rookie year he was alright with hitting 3s and playing defense, and he likes to gamble a lot so we'll get plenty of open court opportunities.

I know that Keyon Dooling is unrestricted and that I think we'd love to have him back. Arroyo was a decent point too

we're probably gonna pull kurt thomas out of the grave too :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
viakado said:
i thought it was all about business.
the bulls would've given him a max contract in a big city with comparable ad revenues that would've rivaled NYC and LA. but go ahead and render him as just one of the guys that only wants to play with his friends.

He didn't want to go to Chicago. He wanted to go play in Miami with Wade and Bosh. What is so hard to understand about that? He was a free agent, he went to where he wanted to go.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Admissions standards sure are low for Heat-age.

:lol , Ive been to a game. I think I got ripped off on the parking. When you park down the street from the AAA in one of those small gated lots between the buildings you are getting ripped off right?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
bionic77 said:
A ring is a ring. Doesn't matter how you got it, no one remembers that shit afterward.

ESPN is going to pretend none of these shenanigans every happened in another month when they start hyping the next sports story.

It will be interesting to see how LeBron and Wade play together. They both play exactly the same and need the ball to dominate. Riley or that kid that currently coaches the Heat have their work cut out for them.

It's got to be Riley. If they leave Spoelstra on the bench and they don't win, he and Riley will catch too much crap.

bionic77 said:
Yeah that is true. Gilbert didn't take this shit that well, but honestly only he and LeBron know what went on behind the scenes the last 8 years. Maybe it was well deserved or maybe they did something that justifies the shit LeBron took on the entire franchise.

Indiference and coldness is the way to go. I would never write that silly comic sans letter i would just tweeted "i wish hmi the best in life"

Gigglepoo

dskillzhtown said:
He didn't want to go to Chicago. He wanted to go play in Miami with Wade and Bosh. What is so hard to understand about that? He was a free agent, he went to where he wanted to go.

And we're free to mock him for being a coward and taking the easy way out, deferring to a better player to get his ring. What is that so hard to understand?

Triple U

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
And we're free to mock him for being a coward and taking the easy way out, deferring to a better player to get his ring. What is that so hard to understand?
I love how just because he's goin to miami he is now automatically worst than wade:lol

dskillzhtown

bionic77 said:

Yeah. I am thinking behind the scenes they didn't have the best relationship anyway. Either way, I expected him to take the high road and just wish LeBron well. Going off like he did just doesn't become an owner of a professional franchise. I know he just cost you a crapload of money, but going off like that doesn't help.

Mrbob

dskillzhtown said:

Lebron did always say it was about winning a title, and he probably will in Miami. You can argue though Chicago would have been a better fit than Miami with him in place for the team to make a long title run.

I also think most of the disappointment stems from how he decided to leave. Giving his home town the dagger on a national tv event instead of being more mature about handling the situation. Also the fact that a lot of us were looking at Lebron at being the next Jordan, and he just took easy street to being the next Pippen. Any title he wins will not be his. He is going to Dwade's town and going to be the second best man on a championship team.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I for one, am glad to see a fanbase grow big enough to challenge Lakers age.

This move may have meant the death of parity in the NBA, but in NBA-AGE its has balanced the scale :lol

dskillzhtown

Gigglepoo said:

Actually the easy thing would have been to stay in Cleveland. He had a built in excuse about the surrounding cast there.

dskillzhtown[B said:
]He didn't want to go to Chicago.[/B] He wanted to go play in Miami with Wade and Bosh. What is so hard to understand about that? He was a free agent, he went to where he wanted to go.
that's very easy to say after the facts. business is about money.
chicago would've given him the most money. any other reason to miami is just personal.
so his whole basis of his decision being strictly "business" makes him a bigger hypocrite.

Triple U said:
I love how just because he's goin to miami he is now automatically worst than wade:lol
there's only one alpha male in a family in the animal kingdom.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Raging Spaniard said:
I for one, am glad to see a fanbase grow big enough to challenge Lakers age.

This move may have meant the death of parity in the NBA, but in NBA-AGE its has balanced the scale :lol

NBA, parity? There never has been and I'm not sure Stern wants it.

Gigglepoo

Triple U said:

I guess LeBron is better if you care about regular season success. That's something to be proud of, sort of. Better than Chris Bosh at least. You can hang you hat on that!

dskillzhtown said:
Actually the easy thing would have been to stay in Cleveland. He had a built in excuse about the surrounding cast there.

He wants to win a title the easy way. Hence, he's Wade's other lapdog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom