• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/16/10: You Can Haz Hype Now

GhaleonEB

EazyB said:
Ugh, this should be their absolute last priority when making a map creator. Forge's editing tools better be fuck-awesome.

Edit: I'm all for a MP gametype with monitors and shit but if it comes at the sacrifice of any of features that could benefit map creation I believe it's too great a sacrifice. A map creator, as powerful as it can be, is more valuable than a gametype.
You assume Bungie wants to make just a map creator; it's pretty clear from Halo 3 they don't. I'd wager both Forge's capabilities as a map editor and as a multiplayer mode have been expanded. Forge was also a fantastic collaborative gametype to mess around in, which my daughter and I spent many an hour doing. That's not what you're looking forward to in Forge, but that doesn't make it any less important. It's awesome, and I'd be crushed if that were removed. And I'm delighted at the possibility that it could be expanded; building actual gametypes out of it is a natural evolution for it to go in.

Don't worry, the map editing capabilities will be revealed tomorrow for you to bitch and moan about. :p

urk said:
It is simply The Way of Things.

Forge confirmed. Like a year ago.
Forge confirmed at Comic-Con like, a short time ago. :p
Falagard said:
Ya, but Forge confirmed as one of the big reveals at Comic Con, meaning it is a megaton Forge. Meaning that it's something much meatier than what was in Halo 3.
Aye.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that there are at least three Monitors and at least ten (living) Spartans and Elites in that painting. Forge in Halo 3 was capped at eight players; the increased count makes me think it really is a MP mode now.

MrDaravon

pahamrick said:
For those wanting the Noble 7 action figure, Toys R Us has them (via an email I just got).

Fuck yeah, just found it on their website here, even at $17.99 + shipping that's still moderately cheaper than anyone on ebay right now. Thanks a ton man! If only someone from Bungie had known about this! :lol

It makes no sense that TRU has this, but I'm not complaining. I'm also wondering if this is how there's people on ebay that have 10+ available. Hm.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
Fuck yeah, just found it on their website here, even at $17.99 + shipping that's still moderately cheaper than anyone on ebay right now. Thanks a ton man! If only someone from Bungie had known about this! :lol

It makes no sense that TRU has this, but I'm not complaining. I'm also wondering if this is how there's people on ebay that have 10+ available. Hm.
We don't sell dolls. We make games. ;)

MrDaravon

urk said:
We don't sell dolls. We make games. ;)

Thank god, because I've seen your doll collection, and I find it...lacking.

I kid because I love, was not really serious about you knowing that. Also I only even know about the figure because I'm trying to keep the threads at those "other" places content complete :p

Since apparently tonight's the night for answers, did we ever find out what the deal is with the Limited Edition guide for the game? Amazon lists it as being something like 98 pages longer than the regular edition, but I haven't been able to find out anything about it. Again, I apologize if this was covered recently in the thead(s), I didn't have internet for a bit and I had some personal stuff so I haven't been around a ton. Thanks again Pahamrick, ordered one :D

GhaleonEB said:
You assume Bungie wants to make just a map creator; it's pretty clear from Halo 3 they don't. I'd wager both Forge's capabilities as a map editor and as a multiplayer mode have been expanded. Forge was also a fantastic collaborative gametype to mess around in, which my daughter and I spent many an hour doing. That's not what you're looking forward to in Forge, but that doesn't make it any less important. It's awesome, and I'd be crushed if that were removed. And I'm delighted at the possibility that it could be expanded; building actual gametypes out of it is a natural evolution for it to go in.

Don't worry, the map editing capabilities will be revealed tomorrow for you to bitch and moan about. :p

Edit: dammit, started going off before your edit. :lol

Forge confirmed at Comic-Con like, a short time ago. :p

Aye.

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that there are at least three Monitors and at least ten (living) Spartans and Elites in that painting. Forge in Halo 3 was capped at eight players; the increased count makes me think it really is a MP mode now.

Half the Spartans are holograms. :p

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The manual should be the same across all editions. Maybe they're confusing the manual with Halsey's journal. Dunno.

MrDaravon

urk said:
The manual should be the same across all editions. Maybe they're confusing the manual with Halsey's journal. Dunno.

Awww, no cool coverart for the manual like the Halo 3 cat edition? That thing was cool, and it came in a black case :(

Sai-kun

Banned
urk said:

Not the game manual in the box, the game guide being done by [Piggyback again?]

I know I'll probably end up getting it :lol

MrDaravon

Oh shit, I thought urk was responding to something else. Yeah, I'm talking about the strategy guides that stupid people like me buy, not the manual in the game box.

Talking about this specifically: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0744012333/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Interesting, they have updated the description to say it's hardcover (that wasn't there before), but still no further details. Since it was about a 100 page difference, I was thinking it was one of those guides where it's a cardboard out casing that folds out with the guide on one side and an artbook on the other. If it's a hardcover though that seems out of the picture, unless it's bundled in separately in shrinkwrap (like the Mass Effect 1 "limited edition" guide).

feel

That poster is gorgeous looking. Dat ring. And it looks like we're in for a treat tomorrow forge news wise.

VV I'd say go for it. And about the g4 thing, if that includes live video, then HELL YEAHH!!

Schmitty

Does anyone remember if someone from Bungie/MS/Waypoint said that achievements from previous games will contribute to extra armor pieces being unlocked from the beginning for Reach? I swear someone said this and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go back and struggle through Halo Wars on Legendary.

I will make the thread! I've never gotten a chance :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Schmitty said:
Does anyone remember if someone from Bungie/MS/Waypoint said that achievements from previous games will contribute to extra armor pieces being unlocked from the beginning for Reach? I swear someone said this and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go back and struggle through Halo Wars on Legendary.

I will make the thread! I've never gotten a chance :D

Mentioned in an update and Halo Wars wasn't noted.

Schmitty

Dani said:
Mentioned in an update and Halo Wars wasn't noted.
Ok, good because the 4th mission is impossible. Will Bungie be posting the reveal immediately after the panel or will the news be on other websites first?

Hey You

Schmitty said:
Ok, good because the 4th mission is impossible. Will Bungie be posting the reveal immediately after the panel or will the news be on other websites first?
Probably other sites first, unless urk will be updating BNet shortly after the panel.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Schmitty said:

Just watch the G4 stream that Dani posted...also it should probably go in the thread for the news if someone feels like making that thread before any news is actually given. We would be on a slippery slope of hype though at that point, hopefully tomorrow's news is pretty awesome. :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Schmitty said:

In Halo wars? I didn't find that game very challenging at all, but I also played it on normal.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Schmitty said:
Should a thread be made for the live stream?

I would go ahead and make a new thread now just to keep everything localised and ready for tomorrow but I dunno.

Maybe I should just go ahead and play it by ear? I'm pretty certain I'll have certain a huge amount of content incoming through out tomorrow/today.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Schmitty said:
It is a whole different monster on Heroic and Legendary

Yeah, if I want to play an RTS, it's going to be on PC. I only bothered getting Halo Wars on Goozex for the story.

I just blew through it on normal.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
I would go ahead and make a new thread now just to keep everything localised and ready for tomorrow but I dunno.

Maybe I should just go ahead and play it by ear? I'm pretty certain I'll have certain a huge amount of content incoming through out tomorrow/today.
I suggest making a thread a few hours before the panel begins, for the live stream. Toss in the tweets and such about how we know Forge is coming, etc. to bring people up to speed.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I suggest making a thread a few hours before the panel begins, for the live stream. Toss in the tweets and such about how we know Forge is coming, etc. to bring people up to speed.

Actually the person should use the thread to localise all of the Halo comiccon news, including the limited edition toys, the novel announcements as I doubt casual folks would be aware.

Also the OP had better keep track of the links, Bnet, The Live Stream, twitter and the dozen media sites expected to live with content and any other hands on impressions and articles. Lots of tracking.

Seriously a OP with nothing but a few links would be >_<.

Schmitty said:
Ok, I'll post it around 7 eastern time. If I don't have it up by 7:15, someone else take the reigns

You should confirm 100% dude. =P

GhaleonEB said:
Forge in Halo 3 was capped at eight players; the increased count makes me think it really is a MP mode now.
Yeah, it would be nice to have forge for up to 16 players natively in Reach without having to achieve it with a modded gametype like we did for Halo 3. :D

Schmitty

Dani said:
Actually the person should use the thread to localise all of the Halo comiccon news, including the limited edition toys, the novel announcements as I doubt casual folks would be aware.

Also the OP had better keep track of the links, Bnet, The Live Stream, twitter and the dozen media sites expected to live with content and any other hands on impressions and articles. Lots of tracking.

Seriously a OP with nothing but a few links would be >_<.

You should confirm 100% dude. =P
Yeah, I'm not going to do that. You can do that Dani :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Schmitty said:
Yeah, I'm not going to do that. You can do that Dani :lol

You sure? :lol

I'll get to work on it immediately and post it shortly, maybe in a few hours from now. I'll format it so to include the big reveal and announcement and also the smaller stuff.

feel

Schmitty said:
Ok, I'll post it around 7 eastern time. If I don't have it up by 7:15, someone else take the reigns
You better realize what you're getting into. Ghal and Dani are not your run of the mill Gaf OP creators, the bar in quality for the Halo OPs is very high. They do enormous work maintaining them updated every day, even multiple times a day during events like these (HaloGAF is not grateful enough for having a couple of people like these willing to put that much work in the OPs). Make sure you're up to the task.

edit- oops, didn't refresh, I guess you just realized all of this :lol

edit2- damn, what a kiss ass post this is, oh well, they deserve the kind words (words words words etc).

Schmitty

Dani said:
You sure? :lol

I'll get to work on it immediately and post it shortly, maybe in a few hours from now. I'll format it so to include the big reveal and announcement and also the smaller stuff.
Do you sleep?

zumphry

Banned
Pennybags said:
It's quite funny now looking back at TOM MORELLO. Everybody thought the needle rifle was some kind of heavy weapon. :lol

Noble Six is Tom Morello.

At least my Noble Six will be. Or Superman. Or Batman if I can have my Halo 1utility belt!!

big ander

Sai-kun said:
Hi ander :]]]]

ohgosh
Hey :)
Stop rocking to La Roux and Gaga and get on Halo!
Sketch should really RT your 7,777th tweet
Also, Bulletproof is seriously LITERALLY stuck in my head. HALP

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wow, I just hit 10,000 ranked games played. HOLY SHIT. I'd say about 70% of them were in MLG <3 Too bad the 10,000th game was a loss on an international host :((((((

To celebrate, you guys are invited to the
saddest
party of the year!! I have about 1k social games and like 2k custom. Here's to another happy and healthy 10,000 more with Reach. :lol

smh

The Crawf

Top Bottom