• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/16/10: You Can Haz Hype Now

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lazslo said:
kte7W

Fucking Miracles.

Anyway, I'm hopping on right now for some BTB. Anyone is welcome to join me.

MrDaravon

I might have already missed it (I haven't been around for a few days), but is anyone here going to comic-con this weekend? Hoping to try to get the comic-con exclusive Reach figure without paying what it will undoubtedly go for on ebay :lol . Also maybe the Noble Six avatar helmet as well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know what Halo Reach needs? Some huge, gorgeous waterfalls. I went to the Columbia River gorge in Oregon the other day, and came to the conclusion that waterfalls are awesome, and that Halo needs more waterfalls. The only one I can think of is from 'Halo' in Halo: CE, but it's right at the beginning of the level and really easy to miss.

no epic waterfalls = no sale.
lol

Alienshogun said:
Just because Doc says it doesn't mean it doesn't raise an interesting question.

If you go into the past, is it still the past or is it the present, not the past to change the "future/present?

So when they start talking about things, shouldn't they be talking about what they are changing in the present?

Also, if they go back to the "present" being the time they come from it suddenly becomes the future? When does it stop being the future? When they land there?

Oh no good sir, I don't buy it.

The past is a place where you go to which already took place, the future is a place that is still to come. When you return to the point in which you left to said "future or past" it remains the present.

The movie is FLAWED and it wrongly named!

MIND ASSPLODE!

LATE AS FUCK, but it's Back to the Future because he's in the past. And since the past is now his present, he can only go forward into the future. You can't go forward to your present, you're always at your present.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Skilotonn said:
All due to the amazing community, and the amazing tools that make recording it a possibility.

Awesome.
Seriously. They could leave the theater tools exactly the same in Reach, and they'd still be fucking phenomenal. That video, more than anything else, really reminded me how beautiful Halo 3 is. Epitaph was looking especially awesome. Some of the camera angles really helped demonstrate the beauty.

zumphry

Banned
Church RvB said:
LATE AS FUCK, but it's Back to the Future because he's in the past. And since the past is now his present, he can only go forward into the future. You can't go forward to your present, you're always at your present.

Wut?

That made my headache that I've had all day worse dude, I think I'm gonna lie down for awhil-

urk said:
You'll need a new damn thread.

Op63D.gif

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

ZayneH said:
Wut?

That made my headache that I've had all day worse dude, I think I'm gonna lie down for awhil-

http://imgur.com/Op63D.gif

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Haha, sorry dude. :lol The present is tricky because it's ONLY an exact moment in time, where as the Past and Future are essentially endless.

Tomorrow is going to be great. Two megatons! too bad we have to wait till 7pm PST. Luckily Gears 2 is having 20x XP tomorrow. I'll be playing a shit load of that.

omg.kittens said:
You know what Halo Reach needs? Some huge, gorgeous waterfalls. I went to the Columbia River gorge in Oregon the other day, and came to the conclusion that waterfalls are awesome, and that Halo needs more waterfalls. The only one I can think of is from 'Halo' in Halo: CE, but it's right at the beginning of the level and really easy to miss.

lol

Well, in Halo 3 there's one hell of a waterfall, at the ark.

http://www.ascendantjustice.com/files/cocop/The Ark/The Ark Large/WaterfallArk-large.jpg

In Reach, there's a tiny little one in Overlook.

omg.kittens said:

lol

i think the new gultch has like 7 epic waterfalls...

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgFy83gAL1Y 4:45 in)

oh and halo 3, valhalla, construct and the ark have waterfalls IIRC.

zumphry

Banned
Church RvB said:
Haha, sorry dude. :lol The present is tricky because it's ONLY an exact moment in time, where as the Past and Future are essentially endless.

:lol

It made sense, I was really just did that post to be funny. Plus everyone loves head explosions due to HYPE.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Church RvB said:

No, but you can RETURN to the present, since that's the point in which you began your travel.

Everything else is the past and future.

Don't you see!?!? :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah, I just saw the tweet about reach being playable right now, oh man...

Really wish I could be there to play it, and for the Noble 6 avatar helmet...

omg.kittens said:
Seriously. They could leave the theater tools exactly the same in Reach, and they'd still be fucking phenomenal. That video, more than anything else, really reminded me how beautiful Halo 3 is. Epitaph was looking especially awesome. Some of the camera angles really helped demonstrate the beauty.

Halo 3 still has a lot of good things going for it graphics-wise, little things that games that are out now don't have as well - which is why I never got how some people have beef with the graphics...

GhaleonEB said:
Note the Monitor dropping the tank, and the second one on the right.

Forge confirmed.

(Also, the game is finally rated M, instead of RP.)

And Forge is confirmed outisde of multiplayer too? Since there's a Chieftain (or is it an elite, which could lead to Invasion).

EDIT: wtf noble 7.

the magnificent seven, the seven samurais...

Falagard

GhaleonEB said:
Note the Monitor dropping the tank, and the second one on the right.

Forge confirmed.

(Also, the game is finally rated M, instead of RP.)

Haha, awesome. That poster is showing what's going to be shown at Comic Con - Forge + Blood Gulch. Sweet :-D

Falagard

Cuban Legend said:
wtf is this shit? I just saw a twitpic of some guy holding what they called a "
Noble 7
" Action Figure?

Holy shit you're right. What's up with that? You can even read it on the packaging.

Noble 7 is Master Chief confirmed. You playing as Noble 6 is just a ruse - he dies within the first level and you take over as MC.

GhaleonEB

metareferential said:
And Forge is confirmed outisde of multiplayer, since there's a Chieftain (or is it an elite, which could lead to Invasion).
Doesn't look like a Brute to me, just an Elite.

Could just be random chaos in Forge, or it could also imply Forge can have rule sets, as intended with Halo 3 and as implied by the Reach Beta stuff that leaked. One Monitor on each team creating stuff to help their team, kills provide resources, etc.
Falagard said:
Holy shit you're right. What's up with that? You can even read it on the packaging.

Noble 7 is Master Chief confirmed. You playing as Noble 6 is just a ruse - he dies within the first level and you take over as MC.
Storm's a brewin'. Tomorrow is going to be a hoot.

Sai-kun said:

That looks BAD ASSSSSS! :D

And no, you can't return to your present. The here and now IS your present. I'm sort of going with the Lost theory here though. Time travel has so many different concepts, it's really just a matter of preference. I like the 'you can't change the past' theory the best. Although 'alternate realities' theories are pretty popular too.

Sorry guys, I'm done talking about time travel now. It's all about tomorrow event now! :D

Pennybags

wwm0nkey said:
Megaton Confirmed as FORGE now :D

Also note the Brutes in the background, maybe our request for A.I was answered :D

Megaton 1 :D

*Views full size* I see an elite with hammer in the foreground, and possible elites to the side of Blue base. I'm not sure where you're seeing brutes... :lol

Monitor tractor-beams are neat. Hopefully they are the same way in-game.

wwm0nkey

Pennybags said:
Megaton 1 :D

*Views full size* I see an elite with hammer in foreground, and possible elites to the side of Blue base. I'm not sure where you're seeing brutes... :lol
Yeah I just noticed it was Elites. Can't wait too see what is going on with Forge tomorrow :D

Still going to assume its the map/mission maker that was accidentally spoken about :lol

EDIT: Crap I just noticed...that Tank is shooting while its being held up! Looks like Forge will also be a versus gametype too

Pennybags

GhaleonEB said:
Could just be random chaos in Forge, or it could also imply Forge can have rule sets, as intended with Halo 3 and as implied by the Reach Beta stuff that leaked. One Monitor on each team creating stuff to help their team, kills provide resources, etc.

wwm0nkey said:
Looks like Forge will also be a versus gametype too

Cinema Paradiso Forge combat realized? :D

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Ugh, this should be their absolute last priority when making a map creator. Forge's editing tools better be fuck-awesome.

Edit: I'm all for a MP gametype with monitors and shit but if it comes at the sacrifice of any of features that could benefit map creation I believe it's too great a sacrifice. A map creator, as powerful as it can be, is more valuable than a gametype.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
God damn it, why is all the cool Halo shit I want always some con exclusive? :(
It is simply The Way of Things.

Forge confirmed. Like a year ago.

MrDaravon

urk said:
It is simply The Way of Things.

Unacceptable!

Looks like I am getting the comic-con exclusive figure off ebay though, and I may possibly have a PAX hookup for the Noble Six helmet, we'll see. I've still never ever been able to find that Halo Legends poster I wanted for anything approaching a reasonable price, le sigh.

Falagard

urk said:

Ya, but Forge confirmed as one of the big reveals at Comic Con, meaning it is a megaton Forge. Meaning that it's something much meatier than what was in Halo 3.

Top Bottom