• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/16/10: You Can Haz Hype Now

Sai-kun

Banned
Hydranockz said:
#Ohgosh

Sounds delightful.

#Ohgosh :3 Best hashtag ever

I don't think I'll go dark for Reach. I didn't for Halo 3 and that pretty much worked out fine, since I resisted watching the people streaming video. :lol

urk said:
Yup. Things are about to ramp up for realz. We're less than two months out from launch.

Thanks Urk and Shishka, ill check out the comicon stuff and then dissapear for a couple of months, WWMonkey if you send me a xbox live message that somehow spoils Reach I will kill you. :lol

But keep the other messages coming, theyre always full of interesting info

Hey You said:
So its safe to assume that we will be moving again tomorrow night?
I don't see why. Might as well keep it in this thread because tomorrow's only one day away from a new BWU, and I'm sure the information that will be released tomorrow is going to, at the very least, get a mention on Friday's BWU. So, anybody who's missed the information tonight will be able to catch up on Friday.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
I don't see why. Might as well keep it in this thread because tomorrow's only one day away from a new BWU, and I'm sure the information that will be released tomorrow is going to, at the very least, get a mention on Friday's BWU. So, anybody who's missed the information tonight will be able to catch up on Friday.
With new screens, videos and features being announced, a new thread should be made so the news does not get buried 1000+ posts into an old thread. Especially if Forge is unveiled. I'm thinking something similar to the Firefight unveil, how that needed to broken out even though the campaign demo had a separate discussion. Evilore's been clear that significant news warrants a new thread. Someone will make it no matter what, might as well make sure it's by someone who will keep it reasonably up to date.

EazyB

Banned
Dax01 said:
2 megatons drop tomorrow and you think it's best to wait an extra day to post a new thread? :lol

If anything, this Friday's BWU should just be wrapped up in a Reach @ Comic-Con thread as it'll cover the same stuff. Don't worry, I'm sure you can still make the thread.

Edit: I nominate Ghaleon or Dani as Dax's OPs are pretty bare-bones and are never updated.

MMaRsu said:
It's so weird that I'm much better at this when i'm high.. some crazy shit just happened :lol
Really? The only thing I do better when blazed is betray my teammates.

I get really good at that, actually.

watership

urk said:
You'll need a new damn thread.

Calvin%20Explosion.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
With new screens, videos and features being announced, a new thread should be made so the news does not get buried 1000+ posts into an old thread. Especially if Forge is unveiled. I'm thinking something similar to the Firefight unveil, how that needed to broken out even though the campaign demo had a separate discussion. Evilore's been clear that significant news warrants a new thread. Someone will make it no matter what, might as well make sure it's by someone who will keep it reasonably up to date.

urk said:
You'll need a new damn thread.
Well then...

I love how this thread is getting schizophrenic.

A pair of jokes, some Halo-stories, and then a not-so-stealth entry from one of the Bungie guys and off we go :lol

Can't wait for tomorrow.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
I still don't understand why it was originally called back to the future when they went into the past. Mind Assplode.
Because when he's in the past, he's trying to get back - to the future. Mind reassemble.

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:
I still don't understand why it was originally called back to the future when they went into the past. Mind Assplode.

Not sur if srs?

If srs: the whole point is going back to the future.

If not srs: i see wut u did thar.

Edit: This will asplod your mind.

feel

To help with the wait for the megatonz, go buy and play the fantastic LIMBO on xbox live. Everyone (with good taste) do it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Alienshogun said:

Enough with this nonsense, back to the HYPE! :D

Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Pennybags said:
:/

He is trying to get back to the future...

GhaleonEB said:
Because when he's in the past, he's trying to get back - to the future. Mind reassemble.

Gui_PT said:
Not sur if srs?

If srs: the whole point is going back to the future.

If not srs: i see wut u did thar.

Edit: This will asplod your mind.

But it's not the future, it's the present!

They should have called it "Back to the Present!" I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it.

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:
But it's not the future, it's the present!

They should have called it "Back to the Present!" I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it.

It's the future because he's in the past! It's even one of the Doc's dialogues! "Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future! "

1 sleeps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
It's the future because he's in the past! It's even one of the Doc's dialogues! "Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future! "

1 sleeps.

Just because Doc says it doesn't mean it doesn't raise an interesting question.

If you go into the past, is it still the past or is it the present, not the past to change the "future/present?

So when they start talking about things, shouldn't they be talking about what they are changing in the present?

Also, if they go back to the "present" being the time they come from it suddenly becomes the future? When does it stop being the future? When they land there?

Oh no good sir, I don't buy it.

The past is a place where you go to which already took place, the future is a place that is still to come. When you return to the point in which you left to said "future or past" it remains the present.

The movie is FLAWED and it wrongly named!

MIND ASSPLODE!

Top Bottom