• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

'nuff said.

Amateur, post the whole thing
lUvApqN.gif

This absolute domination was a dream come true. It allowed Sony to snatch cod and destiny to be able to partner with activision a make my dream a reality.
What is your dream? I'm sure it involves Crash!

Wow so I guess PS4 really won't be down YoY then in November NPD.

That's astounding
I think that Black Friday statement applies worldwide. So, it could still potentially be down in US.

This is regarding world wide, don't be so sure. I still think both PS4 and XB1 will be down YoY on November NPD.

I think that Black Friday statement applies worldwide. So, it could still potentially be down in US.

Very good points, and Black Friday is becoming a bigger and bigger thing globally now outside just the US.

So it's possible PS4 is still down YoY in NA. If it somehow isn't that is going to be incredible

NYmanutd

With this amount of PS4 available to consumers, Knack 2 could easily sell over 1.5 millon units at $39.99 with the right marketing. Knack was very popular with kids who actually played it and was even preferred over the Lego games from my experience. Great job, Sony!
This man speaks the truth. My son and gf prefer Knack over Lego games,Rayman Legends and lbp3 so yea Knack 2 is absolutely day 1 buy for me. I understand this is mostly an adult site but it seems to me that some people think it has to be their way or no way, their taste or nothing at all, well Knack2 is real and i like many other parents are excited about it.

I'm sorry, What are the XB1 and WIIU numbers?
microsoft does not provide numbers anymore, but the general consense is about half the number of ps4. add or remove 10%, to be on the save side and have a decent estimation

wii u shipped 13.36m units as of 30th september 2016

ZOONAMI

So is this lumping in pro numbers?

I don't think the base PS4 will hit 100 mil but combined pro and regular it will most likely.

Seems like Sony may have done something right this generation.

Seriously, major congrats to them. I really couldn't be happier with my PS4 (ok, Demon's Souls Remastered would make me happier) and I look forward to many more years of great experiences with it. Now I just need to get my hands on a Pro at some point.

When it comes to UHD players, people who care already own a fair amount of blu ray disc movies, they arent so eager to rebuy their collection after it gets released again in 4k. It's different for new movies though.

Gemeanie

Memes and jokes aside, I had nothing against Knack and was actually fairly disappointed there's no inclusion of a VR mode that works like Robots Rescue in Playroom VR.

I guess they didn't want to risk having the children below 12 using PSVR

Welfare

Surprised it didn't hit this last week (Black Friday week) but eh, finally we get an update. ~54m looks likely by the end of the year.

Unknown?

PS2 had 51.20 million shipped at this point I believe.

PS2 hit 100m shipped about 66 months in according to Wiki. PS4 is 36 months old I think.
So, yes, ahead because they aren't showing shipped numbers. But not a whole lot. 50 million in roughly 3 years, damn impressive and I don't think anyone expected that in 2013.

Fdkn

Uhhhhh... it was just last gen that disproves what you're saying.

PS2 was far in the lead, but MS dropped the 360 a year before PS3 and started the new gen. So, no.

To be fair, the ps3 was delayed. It was supposed to launch the same year as the 360

All that 'the generation starts when we say so' was just PR to try to delay sales and keep hype. It was bad PR too.

Toxa

To be fair, the ps3 was delayed. It was supposed to launch the same year as the 360

All that 'the generation starts when we say so' was just PR to try to delay sales and keep hype. It was bad PR too.

No 2005 for 360 and spring 2006 for Ps3 not the same year

Javin98

Banned
Surprised it didn't hit this last week (Black Friday week) but eh, finally we get an update. ~54m looks likely by the end of the year.
Exactly what I said earlier, man. :p

Anyway, it still really isn't bad at all. If the PS4 does manage to hit 54 million, that would be 18.1 million sold through in 2016 alone compared to 17.4 million sold through in 2015. A meagre 4% boost YoY, but at least a tiny boost. :p

J-Skee

We need more power points from ignorant Sony

2407970-2290299078-13543.jpg

sony_slide2..jpg

As funny as this is, the PS3 eventually came out of this. While it turned itself into stellar console later on, that launch was horrible. Hope to never see that again. Don't be arrogant with the PS5, Sony.

Top Bottom