• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Sibylus

Banned
squidhands said:
2poozvc.jpg

Wherever you go, Shishka, thanks for doing your best for all of us. Best of luck to you, sir.

@OWV: What does the 'P' stand for? :lol
Pericles

mhi

Striker said:
Yes. I'm not totally sure where he went. But he did do a great job of mixing up the playlists, and gave great variety in those respective playlists (dozens of combinations were made for Team Slayer and Team Skirmish, as well as Ranked BTB). 6v6 Team Battle was glorious until it was removed - something Squad Battle wishes it could have been. :(

He did. Even though I can't remember if he left before or after the MLG playlist ie Team Hardcore. His legacy would be 6v6 and how he scrutinized everything for the better. Anyone know how the start up went ?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I don't know all the specifics to the situation, but this will be the second time Shishka has left Bungie.

He must be one damn lucky man to be able to bounce around a big company like Bungie and get away with it.

Either way, best of luck to whatever you do and wherever you go, Shish man. :)

Devin Olsen said:
*Rewind 1+ year
Shishka stops coming to GAF due to excess flaming and constant belittling.

*Present
Shishka we will miss you. You made Halo what it was, I hope you come back to us. </3
*Future
Juices is doing a great job!

:p

Sean P.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Get me some free headphones! :lol

I will also be at PAX, and attending the Bungie panel.

Were it so easy :p

We should figure out something HaloGAFers can wear to identify eachother, like a pin or something.

Ramirez

Devin Olsen said:
Perhaps it is just me, but GAF seems to have a bit of an identity crisis.

*Rewind 1+ year
Shishka stops coming to GAF due to excess flaming and constant belittling.

*Present
Shishka we will miss you. You made Halo what it was, I hope you come back to us. </3

Not saying what my opinion is of the man, just saying it's something I have noticed.

You know how this place works...*shawnmichaelsbj.gif*

vhfive

I hope they have someone around for reach to look at custom maps and try to work them successfully into playlists (or just one community playlist).

For those of you who have played Crackdown DLC/Crackdown 2, you know how the SUV has a jump feature?

Yeah, the warthog should have that shit.

Hydraulics ftw baby

Whoa at all the Shishka love here. Total turn around from what it used to be. I've always liked him... I understand that I can't have hardcore all the time in my Halos... as much as I would love it.

:lol :lol :lol @ OWV's Juices.jpg

EazyB

Banned
Stormtrooper30 said:
Whoa at all the Shishka love here. Total turn around from what it used to be. I've always liked him... I understand that I can't have hardcore all the time in my Halos... as much as I would love it.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on here. Met the man, and he seems like good people but I'd be lying if I said I don't want him touching Reach's MM or overseeing community content for MM integration. Maybe someone else will come in and let me down even more but I'd be very excited to see some change.

Shishka popped onto GAF from time to time so that was awesome too.

Mik2121

So.. for all those of you who played the Reach beta, did it include the hilarious death "ragdoll" that's on Halo 3? I know in many games when you kill someone, even if the body goes into ragdoll mode, it usually look 'realistic' and boring, but Halo 3 had some seriously hilarious deaths like this I saw yesterday playing:

JwSp5.jpg

Now, as I asked before, does Reach still have them? I hope so, and I'm not being sarcastic nor anything. I think it's so much better to have those deaths every now and then to have some laughs :p

Reach has new animations for everything.

Though some nice hilarious ragdoll death are still in, from time to time.

But say goodbye to the "waving-hand-death". Thank God it's gone (it was fun though).

In general, the new death animations are awesome and much more believable than halo 3's.

Mik2121

Yeah, I guess it was to expect. Oh well, in the long term, having more 'realistic' animations might be better, seeing how the game just got that bit more gritty and dark. But I hope I can still see some hilarious deaths sometimes :p

Sai-kun

Banned
Instead of arm waving, Reach has body-twirling. It looks even sillier.

Good luck to you Shishka :) I cursed your name every time Isolation (or another equally lame map/gametype) came up in MM, but I swear I didn't mean it :lol <3 hope you stick around here though!

Stormtrooper: u stil wana play teh haloz?

EazyB said:
Shishka popped onto GAF from time to time so that was awesome too.
This is what I'll miss the most. The community interactoin between HaloGAF and the Bungie devs is awesome here. I'm gonna miss being able to communicate with the MM manager.

Sai said:
Stormtrooper: u stil wana play teh haloz?
Yea man I'll get on soon.

Hey, if anyone wants to play halo wars multiplayer add my GT = iHN Jury. I'm on a lot, just send me messages on xbl. We'd most likely play 3v3. I've got a friend that I partner up with. I think we are pretty good. We've won more than we've lost. :lol

Mik2121

Stormtrooper30 said:
This is what I'll miss the most. The community interactoin between HaloGAF and the Bungie devs is awesome here. I'm gonna miss being able to communicate with the MM manager.
Hey, maybe the next manager also decides to come by? Or, you know, maybe he's already here... :O

EazyB

Banned
Stormtrooper30 said:
Well if Juices got the position...

Ramirez

Stormtrooper30 said:

lol, you actually think anything said here was ever taken into consideration for MM?

Ramirez said:
lol, you actually think anything said here was ever taken into consideration for MM?
It at least brought issues to light. Input from Shishka was always nice on various questions we had.

Sai, what the hell man? You never got on.

It cant be said enough how psyched I am for this game. I really hope for something new

Until then, I will say I did like the initial look of the spartans. Just compare pre-beta render to final render. The colors were richer and had a much more realistic metal look. Also, I miss the glossy visors.

Anyways, just saying. Nothing game changing.

Popeck

Ramirez said:
Deja Vu down, thanks guys! :D Now I just need to leech a game of FF and not kill anyone and I'm done. :p

We tried to get Deja Vu to one of my friends yesterday. It was nice until the connection dropped after an hour of play. Shiieeet.

WJD

Shake Appeal said:
I'd pour out a beer for Shishka but it's 10.22am, so I'll just pour out this probiotic yogurt drink.

Huh... all along I always assumed you were American. Congratulations!

The Crawf

Hmm, just caught up on the last 3-4 pages and a few UK gaffers are saying that pre-orders with Game will arrive on the 13th. Is this right?

I was planning on going to my local Tesco at midnight on the 13th, but if I can get it earlier that would be sweet.

Also, dont think it has been mentioned here but you can get Reach for £28.74 on Tesco online. (courtesy of HBO) http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1001707.
I have just tried this and it works. (Have ordered a copy for my son).

WJD said:
Huh... all along I always assumed you were American. Congratulations!
You must have missed all my posts complaining about timezones and connecting to hosts across the Atlantic. Which makes me feel better, because it feels like I make a lot of those.

The Crawf said:
Hmm, just caught up on the last 3-4 pages and a few UK gaffers are saying that pre-orders with Game will arrive on the 13th. Is this right?
They tend to more often than not - so glad I have moved my order to my credit card this time, as my debit card is running out in September again, that happened when Halo 3 came out as well and nearly screwed me out of my Legendary.

The Crawf said:

I was planning on going to my local Tesco at midnight on the 13th, but if I can get it earlier that would be sweet.

It'll depend on the retailer, your location, and the postal service on your area. Most will send it out a few days before release so it's very likely to get there by launch day. In practice, it usually arrives a day early.

Beats queuing up at midnight!

PooBone

Doodis said:
Yeah, some interesting insight into Cortana there. I never realized she was a
"copy" of Halsey's brain, and could therefore experience emotions.

Did you never read Fall of Reach?

Doodis

PooBone said:
Did you never read Fall of Reach?
I did, but it's been so long that I don't remember much more than the major events. I was planning on running through it in the next couple weeks.

Top Bottom