• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes sequel announced for Switch [Up: Will begin development soon.]

NMH3 is cool and all but there was absolutely no reason to have Suda up there when all he has to show for it is a picture.

They needed to focus on actual games, preferably what you could play come March 3rd.

These 4 year ahead announcements of games are the bane of the industry

cj_iwakura

NMH3 is cool and all but there was absolutely no reason to have Suda up there when all he has to show for it is a picture.

They needed to focus on actual games, preferably what you could play come March 3rd.

It got people excited. I sure as hell am.

EDarkness

Worked for me! Can't wait for the next game in the series. Got me seriously hyped.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
w2XzDRH.png

Fuuuuck yes. That softens the blow that it hasn't started production yet.

Oh fuck yeah, somebody post all of the requisite gifs

Jezan

That was a shitty reveal. Like when you have a class presentation and only read the slides.

Hopefully they don't take years to release it.

Oh man this was such a great surprise!!!!!!! I have to admit I never finished NMH2, but replayed the duck out of the original. Maybe I'll dust off the old Wii to finish 2 to celebrate!

People may be critical of Grasshopper's output these last few years, but one thing we know is that when Suda51 is personally involved in the making of a game, it's incredible. The guy shouldn't be a suit managing several teams, he needs to be the hands-on developer. That's how his games get all those wild details and memorable gems.

Mael

I don't regret the conf part one bit, having the translator fumble through crazy Suda 51 was the best part of the whole presentation.

NMH2 topped the first one in sheer weirdness. Plus Travis can turn Super Saiyan. I deff liked NMH2 better than 1. The only thing that was worse were the fodder enemies. They were much more varied in 1.

A lot of people HATE it, but I loved the final boss in 2. He really had that final boss feel to him and was pretty tough.

NMH2 topped the first one in sheer weirdness. Plus Travis can turn Super Saiyan. I deff liked NMH2 better than 1. The only thing that was worse were the fodder enemies. They were much more varied in 1.

A lot of people HATE it, but I loved the final boss in 2. He really had that final boss feel to him and was pretty tough.

I actually love NMH2's final boss, but I think I'd still put NMH1's up there just by a smidge. Great left field boss fight with some great music.

IrishNinja

Agreed. This and the sega appearance has me thinking the third party lineup is shallow.

i felt bad that nagoshi clearly can't announce whatever he's doing this year (after poor binary domain tanked, i'm wondering if its kiwami 2 or if they'll ever let him off the leash again) but this was far from the only launch show that had talking heads saying stuff and walking out

NMH3 pic of travis was a megaton for me, so i'm glad they did it - surprised he didn't mention that he's directing, since that's a big deal to fans...but god knows he might've and the translator could've missed it, haha

jmizzal

I wish they rereleased 1&2(they cab port the ps3 version) in HD in the meanwhile and give it the bayo 1 and 2 treatment.

Would be cool, Suda said he wants to do something for the 10th anniversary of NMH

But Jan 2018 is 10th anniversary for NA and Dec 2017 for Japan

A flaw in NMH2's otherwise superior combat is that enemies can dogpile you when you're knocked down in a very spammable way, which did not exist in the first game. It can get pretty frustrating. But yeah, I loved the plasma effects on your beam sword strikes.

Personally I was disappointed in the NMH2 bosses (apart from Alice and Margaret, obv), and the soundtrack underwhelmed me. But then again, I had really really high expectations coming off the first, so I probably judged it unfairly.

I will say the intro for the second game was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more awesome, though.

Would be cool, Suda said he wants to do something for the 10th anniversary of NMH

But Jan 2018 is 10th anniversary for NA and Dec 2017 for Japan
Like I said in the other thread, NMH1 already got remastered for the PS3, so they can just port that over. Take NMH2, fix a few things (like the aforementioned dogpiling enemies), throw in a few fanservicey extras, and boom. Take my money please.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like every boss in NMH2 besides the final one, which is terrible.

Its the story and themeing where the game truly suffers not being a full Suda 51 joint. It's an okay imitation, and obviously they ran some things by him, but you know playing it something just isn't right.

I like every boss in NMH2 besides the final one, which is terrible.

Its the story and themeing where the game truly suffers not being a full Suda 51 joint. It's an okay imitation, and obviously they ran some things by him, but you know playing it something just isn't right.
The soundtrack really hurt it, I feel.

I mean, only PAL got the best song in the game!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the basic Margaret theme.

TLH

Neo Member
Suda did an interview in Famitsu and here are some of the points you might find interesting:

-once he got up on stage he got excited and he improvised most of his speech (that explains why the translator had so much trouble keeping up with him)

-the artwork of Travis was created for this conference

-the pose Suda did during his presentation was the "Puroresu LOVE" pose (google "プロレスloveポーズ")

-they're still talking about who will publish the game

-they will cooperate with Marvelous Entertainment while receiving support from Nintendo

-they will try to incorporate the HD rumble feature: "Look forward to how Travis is going to charge his sword"

-Will this be a sequel to NMH2? "That's a secret"

-main points of the plot are finished "inside his head", he just has to write it down

-a rough concept of this game will be "killing one's past". Grasshopper will celebrate their 20th anniversary next year and Suda wants to project himself "burying the past" onto Travis.

Oregano

Suda did an interview in Famitsu and here are some of the points you might find interesting:

-once he got up on stage he got excited and he improvised most of his speech (that explains why the translator had so much trouble keeping up with him)

-the pose Suda did during his presentation was the "Puroresu LOVE" pose (google "プロレスloveポーズ")

-they will cooperate with Marvelous Entertainment while receiving support from Nintendo

-they will try to incorporate the HD rumble feature: "Look forward to how Travis is going to charge his sword"

-main points of the plot are finished "inside his head", he just has to write it down

-a rough concept of this game will be "killing one's past". Grasshopper will celebrate their 20th anniversary next year and Suda wants to project himself "burying the past" onto Travis.

Hmmm maybe Nintendo will publish it then.

Sakujou

Banned
i buy all shit from suda in a heartbeat.

i really hope that nmh3 will be better than the last few games.

lately it has been style over substance but those games still kick ass!

Weird to announce a game when you haven't even started making it.

At least it gives me motivation to play the first two games that have sat in my backlog for years.

Dascu

Yup, it's a Suda game alright.

The Giant

Banned

This will never stop being funny. Gotta love Suda51.

If this concept includes celebrating GHM's 20th anniversary, could that mean it'd be full of easter eggs spanning Suda's career? :O

Top Bottom