• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2017

KooopaKid

Banned
Nintendo Hardware UK Launch Sales:

Game Boy Advance - 67,000
Nintendo GameCube - 69,000
Nintendo DS - 87,000
Nintendo Wii - 105,000
Nintendo 3DS - 113,000
Nintendo Wii U - 40,000
Nintendo Switch - 80,000

Not bad considering. Switch should easily reach Gamecube numbers at the very least but I think it will reach 3DS numbers in the end.

aloysiuj3j.gif

what's a Nora like you doing in the PAL region! go back home to (Horizon location)
Utah
where you belong there ya here

sasliquid

Not as infatuated with Horizon as much as some so far but it definetly feels like one of the most complete new IP games this gen so far (only below Bloodborne which has an obvious advantage).

Gg gg

Can't believe people thought Zelda would outsell Horizon.

Would have capped off a pretty triumphant return for Zelda had it been number one and if it probably would have been if not launched in one of the busiest March launch windows in a while.

Still a very good performance. Interested to see what legs its got as its basically carrying the Switch for a while

Thats a good idea. If we assume everyone bought Zelda then:

Total software sales = 107k
Attach ratio = 1.3

Total Zelda sales = 103k

Would have capped off a pretty triumphant return for Zelda had it been number one and if it probably would have been if not launched in one of the busiest March launch windows in a while.

Still a very good performance. Interested to see what legs its got as its basically carrying the Switch for a while

Zelda had no chance looking at it now:

Horizon 192k > x > 102k
Total Switch sales = 80k

Mokubba

Well Deserved for Horizon.

It's even out of stock on Amazon so it might have legs if there are stock issues.

Good to see a single player game do so well.

Phamit

If you assume that between 70% and 100% bought Zelda with their switch, then Zelda sold, including the Wii U Version, between 72k and 103k units in the Uk

Fun Fact: Killzone Shadowfall as a PS4 launch title sold close to double what Zelda sold in its launch week.

Bonus fun fact: Developed by Guerilla Games. Also responsible for Horizon, the very same developer that denied Zelda the number one spot

Bruno MB

Released on Friday, Nintendo Switch brings with it ‘The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild', which debuts at No2 for both Switch and Wii U. 78% of sales were for the Switch version with 22% for Wii U. The Switch version becomes the 3rd biggest ever launch of a Zelda title, behind ‘Wind Waker' on Gamecube and ‘Twilight Princess' on Wii.

Actually, it should the 4th biggest ever launch of a Zelda title since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time holds the crown, no idea why Chart-Track omitted it.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=111&s=1111

Actually, it should the 4th biggest ever launch of a Zelda title since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time holds the crown, no idea why Chart-Track omitted it.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=111&s=1111

I was sure I'd seen some TP numbers in the previous thread and sure enough Bruno MB had said this. post #127

I have looked for software data and the best-selling Wii U game was Nintendo Land with 25,700 units sold.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the best-selling Wii game with around 70,000 units.

So Switch BotW would be < 70,000, which would mean total BotW is < 90,000.

Striek

Ocarina of Time was still in top 10 launch weeks of all time in 2003? Wind Waker made it to 15th???? Am I reading that right Bruno?

Things used to be so, so different in the past. Zelda clearly used to be *big*.

Wonder if BoTW even cracks the top 100 launches.

NHale

An unreliable indicator of course but Horizon Zero Dawn since launch has been always the most streamed game on "Live on Playstation". It tells at least that the game didn't flop, because even Uncharted 4 didn't manage to stay above GTA V for that long (and it has multiplayer which keeps people streaming even after beating single player unlike Horizon)

Donos

Significant boast in UC4? Probably means significant jump in PS4 sales also?

if install base is everything than GR2 should have topped the charts too or should have done quite well.

Too close to filthy anime for the mainstream.

Kysen

Remember XB1 was £425 at launch(Switch £280), either Nintendo didn't ship much or the launch is lukewarm.

gtj1092

Breaking news : Sony is more popular in UK than Nintendo. PS3 is a bigger launch than anything Nintendo-related, even Wii (which sold more worldwide).

Is this an attempt to exclude all other consoles so that we can say the switch launch was good. All we hear is that it's not a home console and a successor to 3DS but now it's a home console again and only should be compared to Wii U.

MCV reporting its the biggest launch of the year and PS4s biggest launch of a new IP in uk and Sonys biggest launch since uncharted 4

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/horizon-zero-dawn-beats-zelda-to-no-1/0179703

This is all UK only and talking about boxed sales
So HZD < Uncharted 4
HZD > No Mans Sky (103k/110k see different reports)
HZD > Resident Evil 7
HZD > Bloodbourne

so that means its in the at least 104K+ anyone got the numbers for the other games, shocked it outsold Resident Evil 7 and For Honor as big platform games

wapplew

Since Horizon doesn't have DLC and online mode, it won't have good legs I think.
Congrats, GG. Make turn off head gear option patch while you at it.

Top Bottom