• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Top 20 - March 2017: Zelda BotW beats Horizon, Ghost Recon and Mass Effect

chadskin

1. (neu) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. (neu) Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. (neu) Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  4. (neu) Mass Effect: Andromeda
  5. (3.) GTA V
  6. (4.) Fifa 17
  7. (neu) 1-2-Switch
  8. (neu) Lego Worlds
  9. (1.) For Honor
  10. (13.) Mafia 3
  11. (5.) Battlefield 1
  12. (neu) Nier: Automata
  13. (9.) Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  14. (2.) Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  15. (17.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  16. (11.) Minecraft
  17. (neu) Super Bomberman R
  18. (neu) Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 Remix
  19. (16.) Pokémon: Sonne
  20. (14.) Landwirtschafts-Simulator 17
via http://www.bild.de/spiele/spiele-ch...e-fuer-pc-playstation-xbox-44941444.bild.html

Zedark

Donwe know what the worldwide NS/WiiU ratio is for BOTW?

No, we only know for Japan and for UK (at least, for separate weeks). It typically goes before 70-30 and 85-15, I think one time it was higher in the UK due to Switch shortages right after launch (the second week of sales tracking).

Die Zelda! Die!
This is so fucking hilarious if you know nothing about German lol

Zedark

GTA V still charting, amazing.

It's not going to stop, either. It gets sold as a natural first game purchase for a majority of new PS4 and XB1 purchases. It will chart until GTAVI eventually arrives (if it does this gen, can't say what would happen if a new gen started before GTAVI arrived).

It's not going to stop, either. It gets sold as a natural first game purchase for a majority of new PS4 and XB1 purchases. It will chart until GTAVI eventually arrives (if it does this gen, can't say what would happen if a new gen started before GTAVI arrived).

And it STILL gets new content, even, just last week I think.

Dinda

Great results for Zelda and Horizon. Horizon was probably the best selling sku since the WiiU probably is a not to small part of Zelda. Both Horizon and Zelda were also sold out all the time.
And that both of them beat Wildlands should mean they both sold really really well, Germany typically loves Ubisoftgame.
Hard to say about Mass Effect with only 2 weeks. And Nier is not bad considering these are monthly charts.

Tyaren

Die Zelda! Die!

XS5LK.gif

...and it is also grammatically correct. XD

KHlover

Banned
I'll be honest, even though Nintendo is pretty popular here (the amount of time even a total failure like the WiiU managed to stay ahead of the Xbox One can only be described as "embarassing" for Microsoft) and Zelda got that new console launch boost I was still sure Horizon would beat it.

Well deserved tho, they outdid themselves with BOTW.

Zedark

Are we reading the same chart? I'm reading Horizon Zero Dawn came second, second. That doesn't sound like a great achievement.
Being first wouldn't be a great achievement if there weren't stiff competition, either. There was, though, in Zelda, and Horizon still beat big games like Ghost Recon and Andromeda, so that definitely is a great achievement for Horizon.

Are we reading the same chart? I'm reading Horizon Zero Dawn came second, second. That doesn't sound like a great achievement.
I wanna say I'm surprised at this spin but I mean two years here nd it's expected what a shame(unless you're being sarcastic nd this is a meme)

Anyway gratz to Zelda and horizon I still gotta play Zelda but I mean I've heard enough and seen enough to know it'll be amazing once I do

Elandyll

Banned
That's funny.

Google search: define compete

Compete: Strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.
It's funny. Even winning first place in sales and being a WW smash hit some Zelda fans can't help being salty about HZD any time something nice is said about it.

Just weird.

Piscus

Please, don't turn this into a Zelda vs Horizon pissing match. Both are great and both deserve success. Let's be happy for both!

Alo0oy

Banned
That's funny.

Google search: define compete

Compete: Strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.

You're right, Horizon was a failure, Guerrilla should go back to making dudebro shooters with bald space marine protagonists tbh.

Figures. I think it was just yesterday someone posted the top selling games from Amazon.com so far for the year and Zelda (Switch) was number one. Horizon Zero Dawn was right behind and then Mario Kart 8 (Switch) was 3rd, and Zelda (Wii U) is 4th.

Edit: Link to that list

ggx2ac

It's funny. Even winning first place in sales and being a WW smash hit some Zelda fans can't help being salty about HZD any time something nice is said about it.

Just weird.

Hahahaha this is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Zelda came first, horizon came second. I was pointing it out to the guy that was spinning it as though it was a great achievement that Horizon came second because he was comparing it to Zelda.

It's no big deal for me if horizon came first, that means it really did great especially against Zelda.

Search my post history if you like about me apparently being salty about horizon since I've never really talked about the game.

King_Moc

Banned
I wanna say I'm surprised at this spin but I mean two years here nd it's expected what a shame(unless you're being sarcastic nd this is a meme)

Anyway gratz to Zelda and horizon I still gotta play Zelda but I mean I've heard enough and seen enough to know it'll be amazing once I do

I don't see how it's spin when one has far, far more customers that are able to actually buy it.

Figures. I think it was just yesterday someone posted the top selling games from Amazon.com so far for the year and Zelda (Switch) was number one. Horizon Zero Dawn was right behind and then Mario Kart 8 (Switch) was 3rd, and Zelda (Wii U) is 4th.
Mario Kart was 3rd? How beastly will that game be?

I don't see how it's spin when one has far, far more customers that are able to actually buy it.
All dude said was that it was an achievement for horizon to be able to compete against a longstanding franchise that's it. That's all. He ain't say nothing bad about either title he didn't say it in a way it seemed like a console war starting post. It was a simple o cool.

You ppl
Y'all got serious problems lol.
Like seriously

Top Bottom