• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany Top 20 - March 2017: Zelda BotW beats Horizon, Ghost Recon and Mass Effect

oti

Banned
Ahh, it reminds me of the great Nutella argument. Can't recall who's the winner though :(

tenor.gif

You want DeutschGAF all up in here or what?

KDR_11k

Surprised by the low rank of Automata. Usually Germany loves niche Japanese games (see Zelda, even if that ain't niche), so I thought it would be in the top 10 easily.

I literally couldn't find any copies of the game in stores the day after launch. I don't know if it's super low shipment numbers but it seems to have sold out.

No, we only know for Japan and for UK (at least, for separate weeks). It typically goes before 70-30 and 85-15, I think one time it was higher in the UK due to Switch shortages right after launch (the second week of sales tracking).

This is so fucking hilarious if you know nothing about German lol
It's a simpsons reference.

Toni

It's funny. Even winning first place in sales and being a WW smash hit some Zelda fans can't help being salty about HZD any time something nice is said about it.

Just weird.

You should see the "Best Archery in games" thread.

Zelda fans shamelessly downplay Horizon's archery and flat out praise Zelda's a milisecond after.

I simply couldn't believe my eyes. Its something out of gamefaqs.

atr0cious

You should see the "Best Archery in games" thread.

Zelda fans shamelessly downplay Horizon's archery and flat out raise Zelda's a milisecond after.

I simply couldn't believe my eyes. Its something out of gamefaqs.
Hitscan vs physics based is a decent debate though.

Toni

Hitscan vs physics based is a decent debate though.

Not if its done in the form of shit posting or simply doing it out of dislikeness of one game in order to praise Zelda in the same post. Its disingenious.

You didnt see 1 single post praising Horizon's archery and proceding to shit on Zelda. Not a single post.

Its like, Horizon fucking killed Zelda fans cats or something.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
The biggest thing about Horizon and BotW is they are both 1st party.

To be ahead of the others on that list, multi platform games,

It's a huge accomplishment for both.

And GTA V will never die.

Not if its done in the form of shit posting or simply doing it out of dislikeness of one game in order to praise Zelda in the same post. Its disingenious.

You didnt see 1 single post praising Horizon's archery and proceding to shit on Zelda. Not a single post.

That's what Horizon gets for coming out within a week of Zelda. Zelda is one of the greatest achievements in human history. Horizon is just a game.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Eh I read through that thread and it isn't half as bad as your implying. There's very little direct comparisons and then shot posting subsequently on it. It's largely just a lot of people not liking Horizons specific style of Archery. I imagine even if Zelda didn't exist it'd turn out similarly there'd just probably be less people complaining about it.

Wagram

That's what Horizon gets for coming out within a week of Zelda. Zelda is one of the greatest achievements in human history. Horizon is just a game.

How much time you got because I can run down a list of flaws on "one of the greatest achievements in human history." BoTW is great, but there seems to be this massive blinder to the many faults the game has. It's not some gift from god.

RootCause

How much time you got because I can run down a list of flaws on "one of the greatest achievements in human history." BoTW is great, but there seems to be this massive blinder to the many faults the game has. It's not some gift from god.
I think he's joking. Though I can understand falling for it after reading countless of crazy posts by fanboys. :p

We don't really need this shit here. Go gloat about it in your dedicated thread.

I'm sorry, but what's your problem exactly?

It seems you misunderstood—this wasn't meant as some console/platform war post. You don't need to keep your guard up here as there's no harm in spreading awareness of the emulator—it's another celebration of the greatness that is Zelda.

Look at the image again. Whether they be from Germany or elsewhere, a true video game player will appreciate what CEMU has to offer when they see it.

PtM

Banned
I'm sorry, but what's your problem exactly?

It seems you misunderstood—this wasn't meant as some console/platform war post. You don't need to keep your guard up here as there's no harm in spreading awareness of the emulator—it's another celebration of the greatness that is Zelda.

Look at the image again. Whether they be from Germany or elsewhere, a true video game player will appreciate what CEMU has to offer when they see it.
I as no true gamer am not interested besides CEMU making the WiiU version even more scarse and keeping it so expensive, which I don't see happening. Emulation is no serious market influence.

It's funny. Even winning first place in sales and being a WW smash hit some Zelda fans can't help being salty about HZD any time something nice is said about it.

Just weird.

You push this Zelda fans being salty about horizon narrative in a lot of threads.

A lot of shitposting in the reverse direction has also been present, to which you seem to have been largely blind.

Top Bottom