• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3: Sephiroth boss return still being deliberated, devs fear it might be redundant

DKHF

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kingdom-hearts-fan-questions-answered-10832218

From the Mirror's interview with Nomura:
Ryan: Are there going to be more secret bosses? Will Sephiroth return?

Nomura: I can't say for certain, I hope, hint hint hint. I can't say for certain. In terms of Sephiroth, do you feel like you want to battle Sephiroth again? (laughs)

Ryan: I might cry, but yes, definitely.

Nomura: Even though you fought him twice? (laughs)

Ryan: My mum managed to beat him! She plays the games and she beat him!

Nomura: She's really good!

Ryan: She is! My friends were always impressed by her Kingdom Hearts skills.

Nomura: I don't think I can beat him! (laughs). In terms of the secret boss, we can't say anything at this time, but in terms of Sephiroth specifically, my development team are worried that we've had him come back so many times so they're maybe worried it might be redundant at this point. We're still deliberating on it.

About when KHIII will be playable at an event:
Ryan: Lastly, will Kingdom Hearts III be playable at any events in the near future? When can people expect to get their hands on it?

Nomura: Perhaps when we're finally able to reveal the month and date of the release

Also says in the interview that Disney is interested in making a CG KH movie. Some juicy stuff in this interview.

If he was a boss in KH 1 and 2.

I would want him in KH 3. feels like tradition at this point. Plus you could always add other secret bosses.

Gbraga

Don't do this, Nomura, I need my Sephiroth fight.

Maybe if III came out like 2 years after II, they could ditch Sephiroth for something new instead, but with how long we've been waiting for this, they need to throw us as many bones as possible. People won't be playing this just for the sequel they've been waiting for, at this point there will be a lot of people playing because of nostalgia, that's how long it's been.

Give us all the fanservice, don't worry about that.

Deepwater

I'm torn between Sephiroth being a staple in the numbered entries but also wanting to maybe see other FF villains, maybe Gilgamesh?

Mikey Jr.

Ohhh, I'd love a cg KH movie. That would be fun.

Also, the last time we fought Sephiroth will have been THIRTEEN YEARS AGO.

So I think enough time has passed.....

Ray Down

Banned
I can't wait to fight Genesis in Kingdom Hearts 3.

tumblr_oc8fqifd1D1uuvwcuo1_500.gif

I'm kinda with the dev on this one. Not sure what else they could do with a third fight.

Do something crazy like that FFXII boss with all the Final Fantasy swords or something.

Slater

Banned
Nomura, my dude, you literally tied Cloud, Tifa and Zack to Sephiroth, if 3 is about cleaning up plot points you really going to leave this thread hanging?

LAA

Nah, definitely put Sephiroth in.
What other secret FF boss do we have? At least one more time!

Can't think of anyone who I'd want to replace him, maybe Ardyn at a push.

Man, it wouldn't feel like a mainline Kingdom Hearts without the Seph. Just do away with his hundred-wings outfit and place him in his FF7R outfit, but don't take him away.

ackl

About belts and zippers:

Nomura: That was my preference back when I first designed the characters, so 15 years ago. At that time, people teased me about zippers and belts and whatnot and I'm the type of person if somebody eggs me on I'm gonna do it more! Nowadays, I'm not as conscious about adding them in.

I'm not the type of person that would shrink down when people tease me about it. I'm gonna fight back! I'm gonna go back at it and do it more. So, if people egg me on saying 'oh, Kingdom Hearts III is delayed' well, I might even delay it further! (laughs)

lmao.

Seik

Banned
MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Cloud VS Sephiroth in the original was one of the most hype moment in the game for me back then, memories.

SOLDIER

The obvious solution is having Cloud and Tifa team up as your additional party members to bring him down.

I've waited years for Showdown of Fate part 3. Don't even think of skipping it, Nomura.

Top Bottom