• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3: Sephiroth boss return still being deliberated, devs fear it might be redundant

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If there is no Star Wars world, Darth Vader absolutely HAS to be a secret boss. The game is a total failure if not.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My problem with the series has been major redundancy.

Dr. Buni

Sephiroth is an interesting villain, but can you not, Square? Stop putting the same characters in the games over and over again. Pick somefin else.

I mean yeah of course put Sephiroth in and finish that FFVII side story thing that has been going on in the games.

But he does know that there are 14 other mainline Final Fantasy games right? He can get some more hidden bosses in any of those games too. In my opinion you can never have too many.

I'd rather fight Ardyn tbh. Seph was cool, but I feel like it would be redundant. There are a ton of other FF villains to choose from to pay the series homage. Even Ultimecia would be viable since Squall is in the game. >_>

True Fire

I'm bored to death of VII and the remake isn't even out yet.

Nomura worked on the best Final Fantasy games and he just straight up ignores the fact that they even exist.

Berordn

I mean yeah of course put Sephiroth in and finish that FFVII side story thing that has been going on in the games.

But he does know that there are 14 other mainline Final Fantasy games right? He can get some more hidden bosses there. In my opinion you can never have too many.

I can see why he might be a little attached to VII, given it's the franchise's most popular game and also the first one he was the main writer for and had a director credit on.

Mesoian

Yes, THAT will be the thing htat's redundant, in the series that's done little mermaid and nightmare before christmas TWICE.

Come on man...

Lakuza

I hope he's in, although i preferred the kh1 battle over the kh2 version. I remember being stuck on the kh1 fight for so long, but not so much on kh2 version which felt like it relied too much on the quicktime event.

Nomura: I don't think I can beat him! (laughs). In terms of the secret boss, we can't say anything at this time, but in terms of Sephiroth specifically, my development team are worried that we've had him come back so many times so they're maybe worried it might be redundant at this point. We're still deliberating on it.

Didn't stop them from bringing back xemnas and ansem XD

it's time to think bigger

tumblr_static__640_v2.jpg

DKHF

Nomura, my dude, you literally tied Cloud, Tifa and Zack to Sephiroth, if 3 is about cleaning up plot points you really going to leave this thread hanging?
To be fair to Nomura he says the other staff are worried about bringing him back again. He could want him in. And it seems this is just in the context of him being a boss, he could still show up and just not be fightable.

Lakuza

Actually how about genesis?
He could force you into a really long cutscene as he recites loveless.

Gilgamesh. 'Nuff said. Even makes sense if you consider his lore.

wow, i'm actually surprised he hasnt been in a kh game yet. He's perfect. Imagine Yoko's take on his theme too :D

Either Lightning is in the game in some major way along with the other FF characters, or she replaces someone that should be have replaced already and you get to fight her.

Choose wisely.

Top Bottom