• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH3: Sephiroth boss return still being deliberated, devs fear it might be redundant

JayEH

You better have him, he's tradition. His fight in 1 and 2 are among the best in the game. Been so long since he's been there too it'll feel fresh.

JBwB

I would love another Sephiroth boss battle. Like others have said it's pretty much tradition for the numbered games to have him at this point.

If for whatever reason they decide to not include him then they should at least have another FF villain (or hero?) take his place.

DR2K

Banned
I don't think the rules of redundancy apply here. The game is essentially a new IP at this point.

Azerare

What about her?
ffxiii_2_lightning_gif_by_feart3hxoxtaco-d4cxmlu.gif
Destroy the thing I love most?

bethore

Huh, I would think now it be more appropriate than ever to include Sephiroth with the FFVII Remake coming out. Although I do agree with it being a little redundant to fight him a third time as a sword wielding boss duel. He had no business being in KH1.

Farsi

When I think of KH boss fights, I think immediately of Sephiroth(KH2) and Chernabog(KH1). As far as I'm concerned, both of them have to come back.

Ditch sephiroth. Make it Gilgamesh. Wouldn't mind a ffxv cameo where your team of goofy and Donald can do against noctis and friends.

DKHF

Wait when is this coming out?
I don't think a Sephiroth boss is something that needs to be locked down over a year and a half before release (there's also been interesting stuff cut from KH games and they were still fine). He's not a major presence in the games. And he could still appear and tie up loose ends without being fightable, they just seem to be worried about having him come back again as a boss specifically.

Lol, he acts like it hasn't been 13 years since KH2. It's def not redundant.

This right here. If Sephiroth was included then why would it feel stake? Too much time has passed for me to care. Final Fantasy has a lot of other villains to choose from, but who else would fit in Kingdom Hearts so well?

On a side note, I think we can bank on appearances by Lightning and Noctis

Opa-Pa

I'd like Sephiroth not only because his fights are great and at this point a staple, but I feel like any other cool FF villain would get ruined by terrible characterization. I mean Kefka owns, but have you guys seen him in Dissidia? Terrible.

I'm torn between Sephiroth being a staple in the numbered entries but also wanting to maybe see other FF villains, maybe Gilgamesh?

Holy shit yes. Not even Nomura could ruin Gilgamesh.

I don't think a Sephiroth boss is something that needs to be locked down over a year and a half before release (there's also been interesting stuff cut from KH games and they were still fine). He's not a major presence in the games. And he could still appear and tie up loose ends without being fightable, they just seem to be worried about having him come back again as a boss specifically.

Nomura also lies constantly. Like when he said the D23 news would just be "Normal KH3 news" when it came with a 2018 release window. I'm sure he likes blowing away people's expectations.

Wazzy

Banned
No thanks. I'm tired of fighting him as if he is the only villain in the series. Give me Ultimecia or Jecht please and thank you.

MAtgS

Dissidia has removed any interest for me in fighting Sephiroth or any other FF villain that appears in those games. Instead, I propose putting that PS4 tech to good use & give us a to-scale battle with....

dQWeuQr.png

This (literal) motherfucker.

Dissidia has removed any interest for me in fighting Sephiroth or any other FF villain that appears in those games. Instead, I propose putting that PS4 tech to good use & give us a to-scale battle with....

dQWeuQr.png

Given how huge Sin is I can't see him being a normal superboss.

A super-hype Gummi Ship battle though? Hell yeah.

This game is not coming in 2018 if they are still deliberating about bosses.

It's an optional boss though. If it was something tied to the main plot I could see your point.

This right here. If Sephiroth was included then why would it feel stake? Too much time has passed for me to care. Final Fantasy has a lot of other villains to choose from, but who else would fit in Kingdom Hearts so well?

On a side note, I think we can bank on appearances by Lightning and Noctis

The poll was done for which characters you want to see in future installments these were the results:

Noctis (237 votes)
Lightning (201 votes)
Zidane (81 votes)
Chocobos (30 votes)
Bartz (22 votes)

Doubt we will see Noctis or Lighting this time around.

Nomura, you can't leave that Cloud/Sephiroth thread hanging. One more fight. Sora, Cloud, Tifa, and Zack against the hardest Sephiroth battle yet.

Also, just put more secret bosses in. KH1 had 5 for god's sake.

dQWeuQr.png

Kingdom Hearts already has a whale. :p

Feel like it's tradition at this point (and Cloud and Sephiroth kinda just vanished in 2), but there ARE other villains to use, Square.

Throw Kefka or Ardyn innat hoe.

silva1991

This is really a case of "why not both". I don't want to choose, give me both. Please.

But if we get both, I will still be disappointed they choose sephi instead of another FF or Disney character as another super boss..

There is no point in having Sephiroth for the third time. We will only be disappointed since he won't be as good and probably cheaper.

MAKE IT NOCTIS

I'll take Ardyn instead of another sephiroth.

Noct will inevitably be a guest member.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I mean its pretty much a tradition for KH numbered titles to have sephiroth, kinda like coliseum and such

Kinsei

Banned
If they do end up choosing a new FF character to serve as a super boss I hope it's Gilgamesh. I know Nomura prefers to use characters he has designed but Gilgamesh is perfect for KH.

DKHF

Nomura also lies constantly. Like when he said the D23 news would just be "Normal KH3 news" when it came with a 2018 release window. I'm sure he likes blowing away people's expectations.
To be fair with that normal news thing, from what I saw of the original Japanese transcription of what he said at the concert, it was after fan expectations blew up and he was kind of joking around when he said it was normal news. Then he said later to Famitsu "Hey, I just said next week’s information will be “ordinary” news (laughs)". With the laughs there I feel like he was definitely joking around a bit after noticing how high the bar was raised.

Ray Down

Banned
Nomura, you can't leave that Cloud/Sephiroth thread hanging. One more fight. Sora, Cloud, Tifa, and Zack against the hardest Sephiroth battle yet.

Also, just put more secret bosses in. KH1 had 5 for god's sake.
Outside of KH2 FM, that was the game with the most optional bosses right?

I think we may just get 3 or 4 and maybe more though updates or DLC.

Top Bottom