• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 out Nov 24 PAL/NA & Nov 25 JP HOORAY! The good times have arrived!

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Omiee said:
why no weather in there with the time change =(

edit: man that looks good even in low res, imagine weather in there at night.
woow just woow

That lap can't have weather, unless you can unlock it later in the game.

That car could do with better lights. Seems to illuminate a whole lot of fuck all in front of the car (~6m 35s in), but lights up loads of stuff in the barriers to the left and right. :)

MrPliskin said:
Oh man, there's some bad pop up around 4 minutes :lol

And by bad, I mean the entire track is gone for a second and then renders. I woulda freaked out if I were playing, lol.
Did not see. 4minutes and what seconds?

MrPliskin said:
Edit: Also, I thought all the transitions would be "real time"? As in, they wouldn't happen in 7 minutes, rather, you'd have to do longer races?
You can have it both ways.

darkwing

MrPliskin said:

And by bad, I mean the entire track is gone for a second and then renders. I woulda freaked out if I were playing, lol.

Edit: Also, I thought all the transitions would be "real time"? As in, they wouldn't happen in 7 minutes, rather, you'd have to do longer races?

its like the Toscana demo, time is moving fast if its just one lap, i would imagine it would be in real time if its a longer race

I know that the clutch was disabled for the Indy Time Trial. When I asked Kaz's Interpreter about the functionality of the G27 in GT5 last Wednesday at the GT Awards Party, I was told " The G27 will not be Fully Supported, but the DFGT will". Now what exactly that means is not clear to me. The Paddles did work on the Indy TT as well as the shift lights, for whatever that is worth. I would not be surprised if the clutch was not supported on the G27, but I do not know.

When talking with the highest levels of Polyphony Digital, they did indeed confirm that the fault for the G27 not being fully supported lies with Logitech. Logitech failed to code certain things with the G27 firmware that PD required, so it will only be partially supported. I too have a brand new G27, so I am in the same exact postion as every other G27 owner. I am a huge Logitech fan, but PD said that there were issues that gave the G27 an unfair advantage, whatever that refers to. I am just relaying info that I got from Kaz's interpreter. That's the most accurate and believeable info for me.

All I know about the Firmware issues are directly from the highest levels of Polyphony Digital. When I was asking them at the GT Awards Show about the G27, Taka told me:

" When we tested the G27, it had some functionality in the shifting process that gave it an unfair advantage over other peripherals. You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power. We repeated worked with Logitech to remedy this, but Logitech refused to alter their Firmware to our standards. Therefore the G27 will not be fully supported in G27"

I too, do not fully understand exactly what this means. I am just giving you the exact words, from Kaz's interpreter. That is the highest level of PD , as far as I am concerned. You cannot get any more direct info than this, in my opinion.

It is unclear to me if the paddle shifters will work or not. I certainly hope so, as I bought a new G27, and have been waiting to use it, like many others. I am hoping that the lack of full support is just having to do with the clutch function.

Now G27 owners like me might get screwed? oh boy :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
darkwing said:
its like the Toscana demo, time is moving fast if its just one lap, i would imagine it would be in real time if its a longer race

Okay, so if you increase the number of laps, then the duration of the transition is extended?

beast786

tekken90

Guys, that video is only replay... in gameplay there are no bugs, just in that replay...

Also, ABS was 2/10 and traction control 4/10

Amir0x

Banned
i feel like abusing my power and locking this thread just so you motherfuckers will stop making it impossible to make it through this week with all the videos and pictures

it's...it's too fucking much. It's obscene

darkwing

MrPliskin said:

tekken90 Junior Member Online Now!
Guys, that video is only replay... in gameplay there are no bugs, just in that replay...

his reply

Amir0x said:
i feel like abusing my power and locking this thread just so you motherfuckers will stop making it impossible to make it through this week with all the videos and pictures

it's...it's too fucking much. It's obscene

Do you often get emotional overloads such as these from games? :lol

spwolf said:

:lol

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Psychotext said:
That car could do with better lights. Seems to illuminate a whole lot of fuck all in front of the car (~6m 35s in), but lights up loads of stuff in the barriers to the left and right. :)
Did he have the brights on? I know you can turn the brights on/off in this game (theres a video of a WRX doing it)...Im not sure if you can do this on all cars though..

Cigol

Wazzim said:
She get's quoted so many times but I still don't know her name, so what is it? Just for some further research.
I think it's Selena Gomez.

You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power
...sounds like a bullshit excuse to me? What's the difference to just assigning it to a button on the DualShock?

Did he have the brights on? I know you can turn the brights on/off in this game (theres a video of a WRX doing it)...not sure if all cars have it?
That's what I was thinking too - but video quality is a bigger factor even if they are on/off.

pix

MrPliskin said:

I think this was a challenge, so it was probably scripted for the challenge.

tapedeck said:
Did he have the brights on? I know you can turn the brights on/off in this game (theres a video of a WRX doing it)...Im not sure if you can do this on all cars though..
Yeah, you can see him switching between full beam and dipped as he goes up the straights.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
That Nurb vid was unholy. The lighting is insane, the actual driving looks brutal and and the cockpit shakes violently. It's the closest representation of an actual race in a videogame IMO :D FUUUU

Cigol said:
I think it's Selena Gomez.

...sounds like a bullshit excuse to me? What's the difference to just assigning it to a button on the DualShock?
I'm sure that was already an issue with the G25 and GT5:p and they patched that. Before Spec II or III you could shift and use the clutch without stepping from the gas. After the patch the engine would stall.

i-Lo

beast786 said:
tekken90

That's reassuring.

So is the version tekken90 is playing the same version that's being shipped out globally as we speak?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFFFFFFFFFF! To buy original or CE... what to do ;_;

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
scandisk_ said:
That Nurb vid was unholy. The lighting is insane, the actual driving looks brutal and and the cockpit shakes violently. It's the closest representation of an actual race in a videogame IMO :D FUUUU
Brutal, that's the word I was looking for indeed.

BSTF said:
14ecexj.jpg

I need this game NAO!

Travado

beast786 said:
tekken90

That lap was completely Arcade, I want my PRO physics back from GT Academy. :/

Read the news about the G27, OMG, bad news followed by bad news. :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If the G27 isn't fully supported -- and there is no way I will buy a wheel with a clutch and 6-speed manual and not use that -- would the Logitech G25 work instead? Or is the G25 just too outdated by today's standards?

pix

reilo said:
If the G27 isn't fully supported -- and there is no way I will buy a wheel with a clutch and 6-speed manual and not use that -- would the Logitech G25 work instead? Or is the G25 just too outdated by today's standards?

I don't think Logitech sells the G25 anymore so you would have to get it from somewhere else I think.

Top Bottom