• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Supremacist says the N-word, catches a beating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing people act surprised and appalled. I'm seeing everyone cheer the idea of someone beating another person in the face because he got called a name. Everyone looks terrible.

Called a name?

There's only one reason for a white person to call a black person a n*gger and that's to express your perceived genetic superiority over them. Aka express white supremacy.

A white supremacist is just a racist who doesn't feel they have to hide their bigotry any more.

I'm not seeing people act surprised and appalled. I'm seeing everyone cheer the idea of someone beating another person in the face because he got called a name. Everyone looks terrible.

I am getting really sick of people like you. Stop defending a racist piece of shit that threw the first punch.

I was just clarifying what Bad_Boy was trying to say.

No it doesn't. it's disrespectful to your grandparents who were constantly in the thick of things fighting real fights ALL THE TIME.

Oh sweetie, my grandmother would be the first one in line to kick his ass. She was no peaceful let's sing mama. 😁 Don't tell me what I know first hand. She would support me 100%. Now the people you know... Maybe they'd have a discussion. Not my Nana.

Distinguishing between a racist and white supremacist is understandable from one perspective but in reality it's illogical because the base idea stems from the same place.

A racist is someone who hates a group of people because of their race, which in turn means that they feel their own race is better so basically superior.

Nepenthe

At least you've found a way to feel superior to both white supremacists and black victims.

zethren

Banned
Nazis and white supremacists getting punched and being met with such resistance puts a smile on my face.

Punching a nazi is as American as apple pie. Fuck em.

Called a name?

There's only one reason for a white person to call a black person a n*gger and that's to express your perceived genetic superiority over them. Aka express white supremacy.

A white supremacist is just a racist who doesn't feel they have to hide their bigotry any more.

Let the fool say the word out loud in a black community because he thinks names and words are just casual rhetoric and learn first hand how painful words can be.

eso76

Where does the law stand in this ?
Can he be fined or is the person who hit him at risk

(Disregarding the fact the guy swung first)

Nafai1123

Banned
Because i think racists should be punished, in hopes they would change their ways. Its happened before.

But white supremacists, i wouldnt lose sleep if they all died.

There are levels.

Bottom line, someone emboldened enough to call a black man the n-word doesn't deserve reasoned understanding. They deserve to be treated like Nazi's.

BOTH SIDES look terrible.............?

Edit you look terrible

There are many sides to this; like the side where we saw the back of the Nazi swing for the dude and get laid out, or the side where the camera moves over slightly to get a clear shot of the strong Nazi clinging onto the dude's hair out of sheer panic at his self-induced situation. Or the side that, again through the camera guy's re positioning showed us the stance Nazis' take against these lower races; flailing helplessly like the sad sack of shit.

There are many sides to all this, and all are terrible for one reason; each side is there because the concept of Nazism being alive and well in the USA. As long as they exist, everything is terrible.

Why does being "the bigger person" for minorities involve getting our heads cracked in and thanking folks for the privilege?

Tradition.

Anyway everyone is talking about this being justified because the douche threw the first punch. Even if he didn't throw the first punch I would be fine with this. You don't throw racial slurs at people in an argument if you aren't trying to provoke them. Actively trying to provoke someone just to be a bully is an automatic "you deserved that" in my eyes.

jett

D-Member
While you guys are cheering on the physical assault of a racist you may not be realizing that this sort of thing, especially going viral, feeds into their narrative that black people are violent thugs and helps them.

Beyond that, I can't really see what happened and am just going by what the tweet says, but I don't think beating someone up for calling you names is the correct course of action.

I don't feel bad for the shit starter, but I'm not going to cheer on someone physically assaulting someone else because it doesn't solve or help anything. It may be cathartic for some, but it's equally motivating to the alt right side

What are you doing buddy.

The racist shithead started hitting him first.

Osukaa

I want to see Obama do that to the orange turd.

Obama has been secretly getting his fitness on to get built then he gonna walk into the white house like he still owns it and beat the hell out of the orange sack of sht. While the "fake news" covers it lol

zelas

I'm seeing you ignore the reality of who threw the first punch.

andthebeatgoeson

My favourite part:

done18uxf.gif
You didn't get the point? Come on, man

The Kree

Banned
While you guys are cheering on the physical assault of a racist you may not be realizing that this sort of thing, especially going viral, feeds into their narrative that black people are violent thugs and helps them.

Is that narrative about white people being violent thugs ever gonna kick in or nah?

Foggy

Yes we should refrain from leaving a bad impression on racists. Think of the consequences, they might just be a racist because of it.

Jobbs

Banned
Called a name?

I didn't say he didn't have it coming.

Incidentally, initially I didn't realize the racist threw the first punch. I couldn't really see what happened and was going by the description in the tweet.

Many sides. Many sides.

I never said this, though... I said I think it looks bad when people are happily cheering the image of someone beating another person in the face, regardless of how much he had it coming. To me, this is a sad and depressing reality, not a WWE match

So in this thread, a few people have asked where in the video the whites call the black guy the n word. And a whole lot of people are saying that he calls him that, but no one has answered this question. I've watched the video a few times and I don't hear it.

What is the time in the video (either version) when we can hear the whites use the n-word?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You do not win the moral high ground for 'keeping it to yourself'. Your shitty ass is just as eager for a chance to march. And that very thing took place ove the weekend.
not sure what your talking about or how your response is in any way related to what i have said or the blog post i linked. Who's talking about moral high ground? The blog post was explaining that literally everyone has a little racist in them.

What a dumb thing to say. So what is the lowest level of a racism to you?
What are you talking about? You dont think there's a difference between white supremacists who literally want to lynch black people and your every day normal white person that doesnt interact with black people that often that may have a few ignorant misconceptions about them?
The world is not black and white. There's a reason why accidentally killing someone is manslaughter and intentionally killing someone is murder.

He ripped out some of his dreads...

I'm surprised the man isn't dead. FUck racists, and he fought like a little bitch, attempted sucker punch then grabbed the hair. then his friend tried to stop the fight after he realized he was getting his ass whooped. someone chair that american fighter T shirt lying ass

zethren

Banned

I'm seeing people support fighting back against racists and white supremacists and nazis for marginializing their existence, and believing they should be eradicated. He didn't JUST call him a "name", it had meaning and you know it.

And besides, he threw the first punch. Fight back against your oppressors. Support the cause for your fellow man's fight for equality and justice, or get out of the way because apathy and "both sides" has no room here.

Jobbs

Banned
"Everyone looks terrible"..

Smh, these "both sides" assholes. I guess the black dude is supposed to sit back and let his shit get split open.

No, I was talking about people on the internet getting hyped up over physical assault -- people in this thread looking terrible. I didn't comment on the man in the video, who was justified in defending himself.

I 100% guarantee that the poor man's Stone Cold dude and his "American fighter" comrade have spent tons of time whacking off about how they'll own all the blacks and browns and Muslims, "just send me against ISIS and they'll learn about what it means to fuck with America", etc., posting dumb memes to Facebook of skulls smoking a cigar with some line like "GET SOME" and cheesy shit like that. Then they go and thoroughly rocked when something goes down. Hilarious.

SMFH at the "both sides" people talking about how this fight was over getting called a name. Did you watch the video? Literally within the first couple of seconds, the bald guy attacks this dude. You want to throw a punch, you're gonna have to finish that meal. Basic rule.

I never said this, though... I said I think it looks bad when people are happily cheering the image of someone beating another person in the face, regardless of how much he had it coming. To me, this is a sad and depressing reality, not a WWE match

"Everyone looks terrible" was your exact quote, I believe.

I didn't say he didn't have it coming.

Incidentally, initially I didn't realize the racist threw the first punch. I couldn't really see what happened and was going by the description in the tweet.

A nazi commited broad daylight murder over the weekend. Get over yourself and actually commit to a side. Sitting in the benches doens't stand for shit.

I needed to watch something positive this morning. Nothing better than a white supremacist getting his ass beat by a black man. Considering recent events, it's momentarily relieving.

ISOM

No, I was talking about people on the internet getting hyped up over physical assault -- people in this thread looking terrible. I didn't comment on the man in the video, who was justified in defending himself.

And why is it wrong to be happy at a piece of shit getting his comeuppance? Your moral high ground is pointless.

Jobbs

Banned
"Everyone looks terrible" was your exact quote, I believe.

My exact quote in describing people on the internet/this thread cheering physical assault. I also wrote that before realizing that the racist threw the first punch.

And why is it wrong to be happy at a piece of shit getting his comeuppance? Your moral high ground is pointless.

You can disagree with me about how you feel about a video of people beating eachother in the face and how that makes you feel -- if that's an exciting and happy image for you, then so be it. But I would never claim any kind of equivalency between alt right and everyone else, which is what some of you guys jumped to. I didn't do that.

Mesoian

Beyond that, I can't really see what happened and am just going by what the tweet says, but I don't think beating someone up for calling you names is the correct course of action.

I don't feel bad for the shit starter, but I'm not going to cheer on someone physically assaulting someone else because it doesn't solve or help anything. It may be cathartic for some, but it's equally motivating to the alt right side

I love how POC are supposed to turn the other cheek forever until we catch a bullet, and then it's just a shame. We're never allowed to call it out or else we're "aggressively sensitive who just can't let 250 years of social bigotry go".

Come on man.

Like the most we're expected to do is click our tongues and shake our head and sigh, then watch a Taylor Swift video and hope we don't get verbally assaulted on our way home because GOD FORBID we try to defend ourselves.

Foggy

Shame on you all for celebrating a man defending himself in which a racist piece of shit was beat down. Feel shame. Shaaaaaaame.

T-Rex.

Banned
You can carry on feeling that way and, as someone who has been racially abused in the past, I'll carry on "getting hyped" when a fucking bigot gets bodied by his victim. Why should I feel any sympathy whatsoever to a person who despises someone just because of the colour of his skin, and who also threw the first punch?

I needed to watch something positive this morning. Nothing better than a white supremacist getting his ass beat by a black man. Considering recent events, it's momentarily relieving.

To further destroy the racist's go to narrative, would've been even better if a white guy came running up and beat the shit out of the racist.

Enzom21

Either you didn't watch the video or you are full of shit. It is pretty damn clear who threw the first punch.
But I am pretty sure I know what you are with that "just a name" bullshit.

cr0w

Old Member
If the dude didn't want to get his ass beat, he probably should have reconsidered what he was about to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom