• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Supremacist says the N-word, catches a beating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, using that language is completely unacceptable, but I'm not sure celebrating the user of that language taking a beating is really any good either. Come on folks, if we want better we need to be better.

We tried to be better for 100+ years. It clearly didn't work.

Time's up for these fools. They had their chance.

I watched 2x and couldn't tell who touched who first. But even if the white guy was not physical at all he deserved that beating.

If you watch the whole video on YouTube the two white guys definitely force the situation, confronting, yelling at and swinging on the black guy after he tries to disengage. It looks like they're about to leave the store, but then they change their minds and go back in. Unfortunately for the short and bald guy his friend decides to stand back and watch him take a beating after things go south.

Look, using that language is completely unacceptable, but I'm not sure celebrating the user of that language taking a beating is really any good either. Come on folks, if we want better we need to be better.

Tell me, what should have been the correct response?

I'm not above enjoying a bully get dealt with by his victim. I still demand better than white supremacy. Too bad for you.

Foggy

if no one stops them from saying that they will continue to say it.

What about the soothing, healing effects of a well-reasoned debate? We need to deploy GAF moderates as sleeper cells into Waffle Houses across the country. It's a tough job but it must be done.

Enzom21

Did you actually watch the video?

excowboy

That hasn't worked for the past century, time for something new.

For clarity, I'm neither condemning nor condoning the beat down. I am not black and I cannot understand what it is like to suffer this kind of insult. If I try to put myself in his shoes then I totally understand this reaction and I could imagine myself doing the same. But I accept that I can only imagine that.

What I was really referring to however was the endorsement of violence in the thread. I dunno why it needs to be celebrated even if it is understandable.

2017_08_15_13_35_19.jpg

No quarter. Chase these assholes back under the rocks they crawled from under.

Brinbe

This is a privileged fucking view point if I've ever seen one.

Fucking hell. You clearly don't know what it's like being a minority if you expect people to be civilized against people who hate you and seek to demean you, simply for the color of your skin. Think a little and have some empathy before preaching that bullshit.

Dude punched him and so rain of fire is what he deserved. Start a fight and you better be prepared they gonna fight back. He didn't just called him a racial slur and get beat.

Enzom21

For clarity, I'm neither condemning nor condoning the beat down. I am not black and I cannot understand what it is like to suffer this kind of insult. If I try to put myself in his shoes then I totally understand this reaction and I could imagine myself doing the same. But I accept that I can only imagine that.

What I was really referring to however was the endorsement of violence in the thread. I dunno why it needs to be celebrated even if it is understandable.

Based on this post I am guessing you didn't actually watch the video, correct?

Mahonay

Banned
Guys, when a racist calls you the N word and then throws a punch at you, you're supposed to come together meet them in the middle.

Meet them with fucking fists in their teeth

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
there's always someone waiting to jump on that high horse and prance around isn't there.

look, this isn't a political issue. this isn't one of your usual "both sides" weak ass fence sitting arguments you don't commit to. One side are literal white supremacists, the other side aren't. If you can't make a choice then you can just fuck off too.

LionPride

Banned
So even though the black man got punched first

And was really defending himself from the mutant cousin of Dana White

He still in the wrong?

Okay

squall211

I'm not a huge fan of getting physical with someone over words (even offensive ones), but it looks like the racist attacked first.Once you start swingin', all bets are off.

White supremacist ripped out multiple dreads at the 39 second mark. Good fucking god that would hurt. That might be one of the reasons Black Hulk is able to unleash his rage and absolutely FUCK him up

Tangeroo

The racist also threw the first punch. You don't have to be black to know who's in the right here.

Beatin' these hateful, ignorant fuckers down isn't enough. They need taken out in handcuffs. They need to understand their behavior will not be tolerated at every level. And we need to do everything to make sure that happens.

Protein

Banned
Yo let's meet at the middle and form a dialogue with Sauron and his armies. Both sides. Don't be just as bad as the orcs.

All racists deserve a beat down like this.

For clarity, I'm neither condemning nor condoning the beat down. I am not black and I cannot understand what it is like to suffer this kind of insult.If I try to put myself in his shoes then I totally understand this reaction and I could imagine myself doing the same. But I accept that I can only imagine that.

And there you go. You have no idea what it's like growing up a minority. It fucking sucks to be subjected to racism as a kid, not even knowing what I did wrong, but knowing it has to do with me being brown.

I know it's awful to say, but a part of me cheered that racist getting fucked up because i just imagine those racist fucks calling me names finally getting their ass whooped.

Sunster

What about the soothing, healing effects of a well-reasoned debate? We need to deploy GAF moderates as sleeper cells into Waffle Houses across the country. It's a tough job but it must be done.

You're being sarcastic so this isn't for you

People are not responsible for debating and arguing for their very existence or rights. You can't expect any person to debate you unless they themselves start or enter a debate or an argument. You cannot just walk up to a black person, start talking shit then expect a debate. You cannot walk up to a woman in a hijab and ask her about Islam and how it oppresses her and expect any response. They don't owe you shit.

Furthermore this whole "debate" bullshit that the far right loves so much is just a tactic to gain praise and more followers. They come in with prepared arguments and approach unsuspecting people at rallies or whatever and when this person cannot immediately refute their planned argument they immediately declare a win and post it on Youtube "SJW REKT by Logical Atheist" It's 100% disingenuous and a neat trick to color people fighting oppression as "dumb libtards who don't even know why they are mad".

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
What is it about waffles that sets people off so much?

Build a wall around the waffle houses, I say!

Anyway, what did this idiot think was going to happen? Calling someone a "nigger" is going to get a reaction. Calling someone a "nigger," and then throwing a punch? That's going to get your ass beat. Period.

I mean, violence is supposed to never be the answer, but sometimes somebody needs to get knocked out. I probably would have done the same thing if someone swung at me like that. It's okay to defend yourself with violence if violence is directed towards you. I doubt he was going to be able to shake this dudes hand and have a heart to heart talk with him.

Cake Boss

Banned
No, I was talking about people on the internet getting hyped up over physical assault -- people in this thread looking terrible. I didn't comment on the man in the video, who was justified in defending himself.

Notice how they both change their tune and move their goal posts to " no I was talking about everyone cheering on violence in this thread" from "n***** is just a name"

Seriously, since when has feeling good a bully got his shit fucked up ever not been the natiral response? When you go to a party and some dude is being a total asshole and he gets dealt with no one is like "this isn't the way!!!", people are like "good, dude had it coming".

Fake concern is worst. Go away, no one is impressed by your moral superiority.

Y'all tryna Stan for a Nazi that got squirrely, threw a hook, whiffed then get his shit pushed in?

I'mma revel in it. It's funny. It's satisfying.

squall211

And there you go. You have no idea what it's like growing up a minority. It fucking sucks to be subjected to racism as a kid, not even knowing what I did wrong, but knowing it has to do with me being brown.

I know it's awful to say, but a part of me cheered that racist getting fucked up because i just imagine those racist fucks calling me names finally getting their ass whooped.

I don't think anyone is going to hold those thoughts against you. This isn't the same thing, but I kind of liken it to someone who was bullied viciously growing up, and then seeing a video of another bully getting his ass handed to him and cheering it on.

Sai-kun

Banned

The only way to create a better society is to not have these people (white supremacists, Nazis, racists) as a part of it.

We should physically crush anyone who calls us names, yeah. That's my highest aspiration

1) reducing the act of spouting the n-word in someone's face to "name calling" is to ignore all context and history for the sake of making (false) equivalence.

2) this racist person swung at the would-be victim after calling them the n-word, as evident in the video you didn't bother to watch before posting this.

3) you now more time to polish up Ghost Song before release

Sunster

Seriously, since when has feeling good a bully got his shit fucked up ever not been the natiral response? When you go to a party and some dude is being a total asshole and he gets dealt with no one is like "this isn't the way!!!", people are like "good, dude had it coming".

Fake concern is worst. Go away, no one is impressed by your moral superiority.

black people physically fighting back against white people makes moderates uneasy. deep down they fear black people are all waiting for revenge.

Tain

the dude beating this guy up is better than you though, so ... ?

squall211

1) reducing the act of spouting the n-word in someone's face to "name calling" is to ignore all context and history for the sake of making (false) equivalence.

2) this racist person swung at the would-be victim after calling them the n-word, as evident in the video you didn't bother to watch before posting this.

3) you now more time to polish up Ghost Song before release

That's the key point. Racist swung first. He got what was coming to him.

ThisGuy

Y'all tryna Stan for a Nazi that got squirrely, threw a hook, whiffed then get his shit pushed in?

I'mma revel in it. It's funny. It's satisfying.

Its unbelievable. A racist started the bullshit and people are unsure. It was a decent fight at that. One v one, ended when he lost. I mean shit, if you can't celebrate a racist getting beat down like that, who the fuck you supporting?

Won't lie, was disappointed at first. That butterball came in hard. But got cooked in the end lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom