• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Wanderer5

I went through hell with this during the preload, took me forever to find a fix, and then on the next pause (if I wanted to play Overwatch or something) it would get stuck Initalizing again. On my slow download speeds it was very frustrating.

Eventually the fix that I found reliable in my case was

To go WINDOW KEY + R and type C:programData

Then find the two blizzard related folders (blizzard entertainment and battlenet iirc), and find the cache folders in both of them, and delete the files inside.

Doesn't seem to work for me.:/ Maybe I will just get the overwatch update over with, and see if it kicks in then or something.

Im getting this shitty spinach error code, wont allow me to progress after the defense with Zavala. Same shit happened on ps4, too. Tried port forwarding and all that but still wont work.
Im afraid to buy the game once it's out.

Anyone had the same issue but got it to work?

Can someone tell me, I played the game when it first came out , I thought our characters were supposed to carry over? Is that part not in the beta or anything?

Is there like no character customization period in the beta? Cause I picked a class and it just went right into the game, no face customization or race select or my old character or anything.

Beta has pre-made characters. Nothing carries over from Destiny 1. The Tower and your stash got blown the hell up.

Your character carries over, but the visuals only. No gear, no XP. You'll start at Level 1.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/3/14803146/destiny-character-transfer-destiny-2-bungie

Sheytan

No way it's Nvidia Shadowplay, they specifically mention it in the FAQs as one of the few overlays that should work with Destiny 2, especially since Nvidia is actively supporting development of the game with Nvidia tech.

It's seems to be a bug

From another forum

"I just went to Blizzard Support and requested a refund. GM Kalmiaah assisted me. Here's a link to our chat. GM Kalmiaah stated that it's a confirmed known bug, it's not our fault, but there is no eta on a fix."

Tecnniqe

Banned
so this is Destiny huh...that PVP is not for me.

the story thing at the start was pretty decent though.

PvE is what its for. I enjoyed the search and destroy mode but we either steamroll the enemy or they steamroll us. Not had a balanced match yet at all + fuck hand cannons.

I feel the maps are too small for ulties and rockets and one hit abilities but thats nothing new.

Sygma

So idk if the last NVIDIA drivers are responsible but now I'm always at 70 - 100 fps @4k with high settings. Did put textures at highest and light shafts at high, FXAA as far as AA goes.

But yeah I mean, 70 - 100 fps goddamn lol. on a single gtx 1080

Nabbis

So idk if the last NVIDIA drivers are responsible but now I'm always at 70 - 100 fps @4k with high settings. Did put textures at highest and light shafts at high, FXAA as far as AA goes.

But yeah I mean, 70 - 100 fps goddamn lol. on a single gtx 1080

I disabled some settings, like CA, DoF, blur etc and put shadows just on high. Getting 40-60fps on my 1070GTX at 4k.

The PC version feels quite well done. Now if only the game was something other than a new Destiny patch. I think i will pass.

wuth

PvE is what its for. I enjoyed the search and destroy mode but we either steamroll the enemy or they steamroll us. Not had a balanced match yet at all + fuck hand cannons.

I feel the maps are too small for ulties and rockets and one hit abilities but thats nothing new.

Seriously, what the hell is going on with the hand cannons? Using anything else feels like a complete waste of time.

So I can play this at 1080 with highest setting 60fps, but for some reason I cant see the shield the bad guys carry or the one my Titan lays down. Not the super, but the ability itself. It's just completely transperant.

Just played the opening level. HOLY FUCK this game on PC is a god damn revelation.

The particle effects are to die for, lighting looks fantastic, and good lord Destiny at 60fps is an actual game changer. No hyperbole this is one of the smoothest feeling shooters I've ever played on my PC.

I loved Destiny 1 but this feels like almost a different experience its so damned good. on a 980ti and 4770k and getting flawless 60fps with everything maxed out.

Bravo Bungie, I'm really really impressed with what they've accomplished here. This makes the wait for October brutal

dawid

It seems like a great PC-version, but not an especially good PC first person shooter.

Shooting enemies felt more like something you just had to get through than something enjoyable. I guess if the MMO-aspects in the end game are good enough you don't need super-fun shooting mechanics to enjoy the game, but the single-player parts in the beta felt really flat and mindless.

Anyone having issues patching?

mine has been stuck like this forever and a day

PmFw2n3.jpg

TitusTroy

is the in-game fps counter accurate?...since I can't get Afterburner working this is my only way of checking and people are saying that the in-game counter is giving out incorrect numbers

zsswimmer

I dont get how to download it? Is it truly open or only open for those who preordered it

nvm I had to uninstall and reinstall the blizzard app

is the in-game fps counter accurate?...since I can't get Afterburner working this is my only way of checking and people are saying that the in-game counter is giving out incorrect numbers

Not sure I have mine set to vsync at 60 since thats my monitors refresh rate and it certainly wasn't wrong there. I didn't drop a single frame it played that smoothly. Maybe it starts getting inaccurate over 60 fps?

daxy

No, it's definitely wrong. Unless you drop to 30, it always displays 60 from my experience. I've had another frame counter running in parallel and saw the frame rate dip a few times, whereas Destiny's frame counter held to 60.

Anyone having issues patching?

mine has been stuck like this forever and a day

PmFw2n3.jpg

Tried restarting? Running Bnet as admin?

BigPapi

Damn I thought 105 FOV would be enough but the fact that the gun models are half your screen makes it seem the FOV is worse than it is.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The default bindings that destiny came with I found to be a bit strange to my tastes so I ended up rebinding a bunch of stuff.

I put push to talk on ~
I put weapon switch on C
I put air dash on Z
I put melee on E
I put use on X

Those last 2 I can thank warframe for out of habit lol. Any of you guys do any custom bindings that you think are great?

TitusTroy

No, it's definitely wrong. Unless you drop to 30, it always displays 60 from my experience. I've had another frame counter running in parallel and saw the frame rate dip a few times, whereas Destiny's frame counter held to 60

what about above 60 fps?...does it display accurately?...mine is bouncing around in the 70's and higher

daxy

The default bindings that destiny came with I found to be a bit strange to my tastes so I ended up rebinding a bunch of stuff.

I put push to talk on ~
I put weapon switch on C
I put air dash on Z
I put melee on E
I put use on X

Those last 2 I can thank warframe for out of habit lol. Any of you guys do any custom bindings that you think are great?

Ult (?) on Q
Hero ability on E (use on F)
Grenade on G
Air ability on MB4
Melee on MB5
Toggle crouch on C

what about above 60 fps?...does it display accurately?...mine is bouncing around in the 70's and higher

Dunno about that. I've kept it fixed to 60. I'll check in a few minutes and post back.

Edit: couldn't check. RTSS wasn't wrong. I think you're right about it being a result of keeping vsync on.

Never played destiny before.

Get to the "leave the plaza and find the Speaker" get to the end kill the chunky guy, a spaceship appears, nothing happens.

Spent a good 10mins running around thinking I must have missed something, nope bugged apparently.

Nice.

darthbob

Never played destiny before.

Get to the "leave the plaza and find the Speaker" get to the end kill the chunky guy, a spaceship appears, nothing happens.

Spent a good 10mins running around thinking I must have missed something, nope bugged apparently.

Nice.

A cutscene is supposed to trigger at that point. Oh well, Beta™.

Sygma

It seems like a great PC-version, but not an especially good PC first person shooter.

Shooting enemies felt more like something you just had to get through than something enjoyable. I guess if the MMO-aspects in the end game are good enough you don't need super-fun shooting mechanics to enjoy the game, but the single-player parts in the beta felt really flat and mindless.

Yeah in all honesty Shadow Warrior 2 is a much better experience in that regard. Then again its not online and boasting such an insane amount of enemies on screen at the highest difficulty when you play with 4 players, it's not really a good comparison lol

Risible

As Jeff Gerstmann might say, that was some Destiny-ass Destiny.

I was looking forward to it, but oddly enough after playing through that I'm kinda "Meh" on the idea of playing more Destiny. It seems like there's NO reason why this is a "2", it feels like DLC for Destiny 1.

SRTtoZ

Huge fan of D1 so I just blindly preordered the Deluxe edition on Battle.net. This is going to be great. Does anyone know if there is controller support?

RedSwirl

Game is smooth as butter. Basically feels like a PC-ified Halo (never played D1 since the original Beta way back on PS3). Also sort of reminds me of how Borderlands 2 feels on PC -- the Hunter even basically has the same weapon set as Zero, but I like the overall presentation of this game better.

Don't know yet if I'll be getting into the RPG/loot side of this game though. For some reason it's really hard for the equipment grind in this kind of game to really grab me. The only ones that ever really did it for me were Torchlight 2 and PSO way back (I've actually never played Diablo). There was a moment in the D1 beta that gave me flashbacks to PSO so maybe D2 will give me the same feeling.

Problem is... PC version seems to be coming out within a week of Mario and Wolfenstein, and those take precedent for me right now. I'm not even considering the PS4 version.

Top Bottom