• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The ๖ۜBronx;247299986 said:
Uh, that's not how that should have happened. In the earlier beta at least it was just seamless multiplayer in a similar sense to the Souls but with you both sharing the same enemies. Your quests are independent of each other though.

So you kill the amount of waves it says you need to (3 iirc) and then move on. Pretty sure the zone for MP is between the main area and the second bit where Ikora nukes the enemies. Not disputing what happened, just trying to let you know that's not how it's supposed to function. In Destiny 1 patrols you had the same thing but as soon as you left the area, hit a loading wall or triggered a quest event it would faze out everyone else and return to SP.

Edit: This all assumes that you're talking about the Story mission when you're fighting the waves on the Tower with Zavala (the guy with the purple bubble), and not the matchmaking 3-player Strike.

I am. And for the 4th time, this time nobody joined, I got past that zone, the doors opened, this time I managed to walk around a bit in the destroyed bazar area (which was very pretty btw lol) and then ERROR, white screen and back to the character screen, and when I choose my character, it starts the game from the begining, including cut scenes.

I cba doing that for a 5th time especially knowing it might / will crash again.

I cant even get to the strike because it seems you need to finish the story mission first? t least I have no menus to choose anything, I only have the character screen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"No voice due to NAT issues" when I try and speak to my fireteam bros

What's up? PC.

Mooreberg

Game is smooth as silk. It actually wanted to default to 4K but I only have a 1080p monitor. If I get this game, it will definitely be on PC, the gap in release will let me see what people are saying about the volume of content in the game. Does anyone know how long Green Man Gaming keeps discounts going on games that are still two months out from release?

Game is smooth as silk. It actually wanted to default to 4K but I only have a 1080p monitor. If I get this game, it will definitely be on PC, the gap in release will let me see what people are saying about the volume of content in the game. Does anyone know how long Green Man Gaming keeps discounts going on games that are still two months out from release?

Well it already went down from 14% to 10% so who knows. Then again, that is a pretty small discount so I imagine it will stay or be matched by other retailers.

BraXzy

How are you guys checking your FPS? Fraps isn't working for me in this one and it doesn't seem like Battle.net has it built in

Edit: Nvm, found it in the settings menu in-game

When I tried the in-game option it seemed way less accurate than RTSS or Shadowplay readings. Idk which was off though.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Keep getting disconnected from bungie servers after 10-15 mins of playing, doesnt save any of my progress, only lets me restart at the beginning. What the fuck.

Balboa

Anyone else having trouble downloading this? Download speed slowed drastically now I'm stuck on Initializing after a pause and resume.

Chris R

Quick question.

Is the game portable like all other games installed via the Blizzard App? Just wondering if I can download it at work and play at home tonight

Anyone else having trouble downloading this? Download speed slowed drastically now I'm stuck on Initializing after a pause and resume.

Mine is moving slow as well.

Invite a assume a massive amount of people ate downloading the Beta. A shit load of people wanted Destiny 1 on PC so I gotta think lots of people are jumping at the chance to play this

Oh yeah!

Tomorrow from 5 PM to 7 PM Pacific, the Farm will be open to players in the PC Beta. Come take in the scenery. The Vendors have the day off.

DIayZYHV4AAC0aV.jpg:large

forrest

formerly nacire
Well, the game runs great overall, but the lag and rubberbanding were awful during the strike while playing with other people. Enemies just standing around, regenerating health before jumping around the map and then dying. Teammates teleporting around too. Hopefully, this is just a beta issue and player hosted games aren't subjected to this at this extreme of a circumstance.

On a side note, my dowload speed was great averaging around 34-35mb/sec give or take a few. It didn't take long at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keep getting disconnected from bungie servers after 10-15 mins of playing, doesnt save any of my progress, only lets me restart at the beginning. What the fuck.

yup

I am. And for the 4th time, this time nobody joined, I got past that zone, the doors opened, this time I managed to walk around a bit in the destroyed bazar area (which was very pretty btw lol) and then ERROR, white screen and back to the character screen, and when I choose my character, it starts the game from the begining, including cut scenes.

I cba doing that for a 5th time especially knowing it might / will crash again.

I cant even get to the strike because it seems you need to finish the story mission first? t least I have no menus to choose anything, I only have the character screen.

shanafan

I preordered the CE from GameStop. I imagine those beta codes went out? I must have deleted the e-mail by accident.

EDIT: Oh, it should be on my receipt ;)

Rhaknar

Ya, you have to finish that story mission before you can access the main menu to choose the strike or crucible.

I guess you were confirming the strike thing but that's the least of our concern right now.

Seiru

Banned
Yikes, I'm LTTP but...this really releases over a month after consoles? I thought it was going to be a week at most.

That's really unfortunate.

Wallach

Yikes, I'm LTTP but...this really releases over a month after consoles? I thought it was going to be a week at most.

That's really unfortunate.

Yeah, it's really the big downside to the PC version right now. It'll pass in the end; I'm sure the subsequent releases and such will be concurrent and whatnot. But not making the same launch window is kinda wack. I'm still not really clear on what they need the extra time for.

Sokka

I'm having issues with the program.

So when I launched it, I can see it in my taskbar. I can hear the music playing, but when I click on it the monitor focuses in on the program and displays black for a few seconds but then returns to my desktop. Keeps doing this.

I have no idea what to do. Anyone know a fix for it?

aravuus

At least we'll have plenty of time to hear impressions from console players lol. So far I think I'm gonna buy the game day one, but if it turns out to have a glaring lack of content or something, I might wait a bit.

Funnily enough, I think I prefer pve content right now. I expected to like pvp much more, but I dunno how I feel about it yet. Gotta play a bit more tomorrow. It's not bad, just.. Eh.

SlickVic

I only played 15 minutes, but so far this runs pretty well on low end hardware. I got an 860M and it seems to be running smoothly on medium settings. I guess I should play the strike before really judging the performance though. Still doesn't look quite as good on my laptop as it does on the PS4 Pro, but it's a lot more playable than I thought it would be.

I don't know why but the movement feels so awkward to me on PC. A bit is simply from analog movement using a controller, but I sometimes feel like I move very quickly in some areas, but in molasses in others.

Jumping also feels weird and almost too floaty? I just wish I could fall faster sometimes. I actually died in that section where you had to destroy the turbine because I mistimed jumping down. Fell slower than I anticipated. But it also just feels awkward in general jumping around. Makes me anxious about any platforming.

Otherwise, it looks beautiful.

rocK`

Banned
I see your point, but the fact is keyboards are straight up bad for shooters and I avoid them at all costs. Yes you get used to them, but I play a lot of both and even with inferior aiming technique I choose controller every time all things being equal. I'm honestly amazed that nobody has come up with a quality alternative to the keyboard part of the kb/m setup (yes, I know you can jerry rig a controller/mouse setup); using 4 buttons to move is archaic, big ass space bar to jump is clunky, having to move your fingers to duck/run? Hell no. Controllers have everything where you need them plus the comfort associated with it. Mouse is a superior input to an analog for aim, but that's literally it. I'm really glad they're properly supporting gamepads on PC, after all it's the way Destiny was designed to play in the first place.

Again, don't care what you use - but your preference shouldn't get treatment over others, plain and simple.

I don't know why but the movement feels so awkward to me on PC. A bit is simply from analog movement using a controller, but I sometimes feel like I move very quickly in some areas, but in molasses in others.

Jumping also feels weird and almost too floaty? I just wish I could fall faster sometimes. I actually died in that section where you had to destroy the turbine because I mistimed jumping down. Fell slower than I anticipated. But it also just feels awkward in general jumping around. Makes me anxious about any platforming.

Which class are you? Every class has a different jump which you can activate by jumping again in the air. If you hit the jump button while doing the second jump (glide, etc) you can cancel that out and fall normally.

JCH!

Just about to give this a go for the first time. Have a question about overlays, though. Can I use RTSS + Afterburner or does it add input lag?

deadduck

First mp game 9.0 on controller, don't think I'll get away with it for long!

So smooth, really impressed with the job Bungie have done.

i7-7700K
GTX 1070
16GB RAM

Just ran through the Beta with a Warlock (1440p@all max settings except AA...just put it at SMAA)

ran perfectly as far as I could tell (didn't know there was a FPS counter in-game)...I'll run through the opening mission again later to see how it does with that on

I now have to make the decision between PS4 and PC. I could get both since the PC version is a month and a half later. Decisions, decisions.

MastAndo

PC with a controller feels the same as the PS4 beta to me. It does feel a little different than D1 though. Are you sprinting while trying to turn? I noticed that slow down effect in trying to turn while sprinting is more significant in D2 than it was in D1. I could be imagining that, but thought it was worth mentioning.

HelloMeow

The first time I spawned I was killed before I gained control of my character. And is there a reason why I'm spawning literally on the objectives I have to capture, or is it just poor game design?

Can you enable toggle for ADS?

Yes, in the key binding options, you can set Hold Zoom and Toggle Zoom separately, or just bind Toggle Zoom to RMB and leave Hold Zoom without a binding. Hold Zoom is RMB and Toggle Zoom has no binding by default.

Sprint and Crouch have similar binding options as well.

feel

The ๖ۜBronx;247299986 said:
Uh, that's not how that should have happened. In the earlier beta at least it was just seamless multiplayer in a similar sense to the Souls but with you both sharing the same enemies. Your quests are independent of each other though.

So you kill the amount of waves it says you need to (3 iirc) and then move on. Pretty sure the zone for MP is between the main area and the second bit where Ikora nukes the enemies. Not disputing what happened, just trying to let you know that's not how it's supposed to function. In Destiny 1 patrols you had the same thing but as soon as you left the area, hit a loading wall or triggered a quest event it would faze out everyone else and return to SP.

Edit: This all assumes that you're talking about the Story mission when you're fighting the waves on the Tower with Zavala (the guy with the purple bubble), and not the matchmaking 3-player Strike.
That's so freaking cool how you seamlessly come across other players like that and then you all continue on your own ways.

Is that how it works in the Beta's Strike mission too? Because it says 3players max but at some point in the early area I could see multiple groups of 2-3 players. All those players seamlessly playing together plus the beautiful visuals and the intensity of two NPC factions' dropships coming in to drop a bunch of enemies to battle each other had me and my teammates minds' blown.

Uh guess I am in Initializing limbo now.
I went through hell with this during the preload, took me forever to find a fix, and then on the next pause (if I wanted to play Overwatch or something) it would get stuck Initalizing again. On my slow download speeds it was very frustrating.

Eventually the fix that I found reliable in my case was

To go WINDOW KEY + R and type C:programData

Then find the two blizzard related folders (blizzard entertainment and battlenet iirc), and find the cache folders in both of them, and delete the files inside.

This game is wonderful. Immediately went to local ebgames to pre order the LE on PC. So hyped, can't remember the last time I picked up a physical limited/ collector's edition

Stiler

Can someone tell me, I played the game when it first came out , I thought our characters were supposed to carry over? Is that part not in the beta or anything?

Is there like no character customization period in the beta? Cause I picked a class and it just went right into the game, no face customization or race select or my old character or anything.

Top Bottom