• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the worst sitcom IYO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Arrested Development
11r8x3a.jpg

Frillen

Out of the "big" ones, definitely Two and a Half Men. I've tried to like it, I really have, but I VERY rarely laugh at it.

-MB-

Typical GAF elitism at its best. I Like TBBT TAAHM for what they are, and if u think im a mindless drone because of it, then BITE ME.

Yay, it's a thread where everyone lists every popular sitcom.

The real answer should be some sitcom that didn't even last a season, let alone a few episodes. Those are probably way worst than anything anyone has listed in here.

dude

dude
Marty Chinn said:

The real answer should be some sitcom that didn't even last a season, let alone a few episodes. Those are probably way worst than anything anyone has listed in here.
People don't remember shows they never saw.

sohois

TeethMummy said:
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg[IMG]

In what universe is Breaking Bad classified as a "sitcom" or referred to as one of the "funniest shows on television"?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/75221a08fe/breaking-bad-is-now-on-abc[/url]

Link Man

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
I dont know the name of this sitcom, but its with peggy from married with children and penny (from big bang theory) plays her daughter. David spade is also in this show. I dont like that sitcom, dunno if its considered bad by GAF.
8 Simple Rules?

Scrubs. A million times Scrubs. I get angry just seeing it on TV. Chain emails and 60 year old ladies at work with "cutesie" puns are funnier than this show. And on top of it being completely unfunny, every character is totally unlikable.

Maklershed said:
Scrubs. A million times Scrubs. I get angry just seeing it on TV. Chain emails and 60 year old ladies at work with "cutesie" puns are funnier than this show. And on top of it being completely unfunny, every character is totally unlikable.

Scrubs: The New Class was a billion times worse than Scrubs.

big ander said:
Funny that you seem to remember Community so well then.

:lol
I've been made to watch Community by people I used to consider friends. The fact I was forced to watch it is probably why I dislike it so much. That's more logical than saying the Hitler sitcom is the worst.

CaptYamato said:
One of my favorite shows ever.

and YOU tell me I have the worst taste ever?
hahaha...ha

Gilmore Girls is like the bottom of television entertainment. It can't get any worse.

protip: Gilmore Girls is not a sitcom

big ander

Maklershed said:
Completely fucking wrong.

The GAF elitism is laughable.

I actually like the majority of sitcoms.

How I Met Your Mother definitely takes the cake for the worst though, I haven't laughed at it in years.

Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, and Two and Half Men are always hilarious, and Rules of Engagement has it's moments.

I got bored by 'Til Death though, and According to Jim.

I actually saw an episode of Community where the indian looking guy was acting like a robot and calling everyone a bitch or something. I actually laughed.

Accidentally on Purpose was pretty funny too, sad it didn't last. New Adventures of Old Christine was also pretty funny sometimes, but it was getting a bit stale.

Shit My Dad Says is hilarious sometimes, but very corny.

I'm on the CBS/Chuck Lorre defense force. You people don't have a sense of humor. The outrageous stuff they say never seizes to make me laugh my ass off.

bolbronx

Marty Chinn said:

You're right.

2ef11781.jpg

18 episodes, and it's a stinker. Couldn't believe the shittyness when i watched an episode.

I think they accidentally left out the COM in sit-com. So it's a Sit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bolbronx said:
You're right.

2ef11781.jpg

18 episodes, and it's a stinker. Couldn't believe the shittyness when i watched an episode.

Yeah it was pretty crappy.

Too bad the chick from Extras was wasted on it.

Maklershed said:

You're silly! :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
jett said:
I've had a laugh with most of the sitcoms posted here. THIS however, is the most unfunny POS I've had the displeasure of watching:

New%20Adventures%20Of%20Old%20Christine.jpg
This! Oh my God, I can't stand that woman. She sucked so much in Seinfield too.

Ezalc

The new adventures of old Christine is pretty damn terrible. So are all the Tyler Perry ones. Everybody Loves Raymond gets boring after a while and so does Friends.

This thread fails so hard. There's a goldmine of truly, TRULY awful shit that made it to TV and most of you just rush to post "two and a half men!" for the billionth time. That show isn't even in the same league as "the worst." At least the guy who posted "Heil Honey! I'm Home!" knows what's up.

you want bad sitcoms? How about shit like

The secret diary of desmond Pfieffer

A black English nobleman named Desmond Pfeiffer (the "P" is not silent) is kidnapped by his enemies and sent to America on a slave ship. He eventually becomes President Abraham Lincoln's valet. In the show, he serves as the intelligent and erudite backbone of a Civil War-era White House populated by louts and drunkards.

Homeboys from outer space

The plot centers around two astronauts, Tyberius "Ty" Walker (Flex) and Morris Clay (Bell), who flew around the universe in a winged car in the 23rd century. The duo's car, which was a cross between a lowrider and an 18 wheeler, was piloted by a talking female computer named Loquatia.

Freaking Cavemen

Based on the GEICO Cavemen advertisements made for the American vehicle insurance company

Emiril, the sitcom

The Nanny- seriously. the fact that no one has listed this one is mindblowing.

Harry and the Hendersons: The TV show

Harry and the Hendersons is an American sitcom based on the film of the same name, produced by Amblin Entertainment for Universal Television.[1] The series aired in Syndication from January 13, 1991 to June 18, 1993, with 72 half-hour episodes produced. The series is about a family who adopt a Bigfoot called Harry. [2]

Bigfoot. 72 episodes about a family who adopts a god damn bigfoot and no one mentions it. Also, Hacksaw jim duggan appeared in one episode for some reason.

Small Wonder

Small Wonder is an American science fiction sitcom that aired in first-run syndication from September 7, 1985 to May 20, 1989. The show chronicles the family of a robotics engineer who, after he secretly creates a robot modeled after a real human girl, tries to pass it off as their daughter.

try watching this one. you can't do it. No one can. You'd be begging for two and a half men reruns in minutes.

honorable mention: They came from outer space. This show was an hour long for some reason and not technically a sitcom, but gets a mention here because even the opening CREDITS are so bad I can barely make it through them. It's on hulu. I'm not kidding.

oh, and the plot?

The series stars Dean Cameron as Bo, and Stuart Fratkin as Abe, two teenage fraternal twin aliens from the planet Crouton. They thwart their parents' plans to send them to Cambridge University, in Great Britain, and instead they decide to travel throughout California in their 1958 classic red Chevrolet Corvette, in an effort to pick up women and to learn more about life on Earth. They are pursued by a pair of bumbling U.S. Air Force officers, Col. Tom Barker, and Lt. Pat "Monkey" Wilson, who would like to capture the two for scientific study. Abe and Bo were constantly taking odd jobs to support themselves on their American road trip.

anaron

iamaustrian said:
and YOU tell me I have the worst taste ever?
hahaha...ha

Gilmore Girls is like the bottom of television entertainment. It can't get any worse.

protip: Gilmore Girls is not a sitcom
Just for saying that confirms you have the worst taste ever - so, yeah. :)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If we are talking about the big well known and successful ones.
Seinfeld. Just a completely below average show in every way. Except for one. The characters, who hold the distinction of being the 2nd most unpleasant TV characters ever created. The first? The cast of Curb. The third are the cast of Friends. I might have enjoyed Seinfeld if I wasn't constantly feeling the desire to drown them all in a bathtub and set the apartment in fire.
But if we start talking about the less known sitcoms or the sitcoms that people barely remember, there is an endless list of far worse sitcoms than Seinfeld.

dudeworld

What was that sitcom created by Seth Macfarlane that only had like 5 episodes before it was cancelled? Something about a 40 year old virgin I think?

The Charmings

5679.jpg

The series' plot was that fairy tale characters Snow White and Prince Charming were magically transported to a 20th century suburb in California. Each episode shows the Charmings trying to adapt to their new life while Lillian, the wicked stepmother, and her wise cracking Magic Mirror watch from upstairs. After the first season, Caitlin O'Heaney (who portrayed Snow White), was replaced by Carol Huston.

forgot about this one. Of course the "wisecracking mirror" is black. And...

Zorro and Son

6709.jpg

Zorro and Son is an American sitcom based on the legendary character Zorro that aired on CBS. Created by Walt Disney Pictures, the series stars Henry Darrow as Zorro (Don Diego) and Paul Regina as his son, Zorro, Jr. Set approximately twenty years after the first series, Zorro and Son is an updated, comical version of the original series.

I guess sort of like Sanford and son, only canceled much, much faster.

Manmademan said:
This thread fails so hard. There's a goldmine of truly, TRULY awful shit that made it to TV and most of you just rush to post "two and a half men!" for the billionth time. That show isn't even in the same league as "the worst." At least the guy who posted "Heil Honey! I'm Home!" knows what's up.

you want bad sitcoms? How about shit like

But no one has seen those shows, or even heard of them. The only one of those I've ever seen any of is Small Wonder.

Trent Strong said:
But no one has seen those shows, or even heard of them. The only one of those I've ever seen any of is Small Wonder.

Really? The nanny was on for 6 seasons straight. I'm sure It's still on somewhere in syndication.

Small wonder had nearly 100 episodes, harry and the hendersons about 75. Somebody was watching these.

But the point is that this thread is about the worst sitcoms ever made. The true bottom of the barrel tended not to last very long. Stuff like Two and a half men and big bang theory aren't bad- just derivative and uninspired. they cater to the kind of people who enjoy traditional sitcom plots and things with laugh tracks. Not my thing, but definitely not "bad" in the sense that these shows were bad.

I remember Margaret Cho had a short-lived sitcom during the early or mid 90's. It was pretty bad and back then I was a stupid kid who pretty much laughed at anything. The only reason why I remember it was because it was so bad and it was the only sitcom that had mostly Asian people in it.

Region-FreeWii said:
I remember Margaret Cho had a short-lived sitcom during the early or mid 90's. It was pretty bad and back then I was a stupid kid who pretty much laughed at anything. The only reason why I remember it was because it was so bad and it was the only sitcom that had mostly Asian people in it.

All american girl. I've never seen it, but one of her stand up routines incorporated a bit about how terribly run and ill-conceived it was.

edit: some gems per wiki:

Cho has gone on to comment on the challenges of making the show. The details of these challenges have been outlined in her one-woman show and book, I'm The One That I Want.

* Cho states she was asked to lose a large amount of weight in order to play a character based on herself. Producers and network officials were concerned about the roundness of her face.
* She was advised that she was not acting Asian enough; an Asian Consultant was hired to teach her to be more Asian. When this angle was not successful, the Asian members of the cast (except Cho herself and Amy Hill) were dropped and replaced with a group of white friends for the main character to interact with. Cho claims she was then told she was too Asian for this new format.
* Cho's desperation to make the show a success led to decisions that affected her health negatively. Her rapid weight loss (30 pounds in 2 weeks) in order to complete the pilot episode caused serious kidney failure.

When the show was canceled, she spiraled into drug and alcohol addiction, on which she has since based much material in her live stage shows.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, maybe it's because I'm not American so probably different culture and all, but shit, I like Two and a Half Man :lol

From the looks of it, I might be the only person in GAF who like this show, hahaha.

corkscrewblow said:
uhhh no it's not. It's about the worst sitcom IYO. Stop bitching.

Claiming the worst sitcom every made would still be IYO and by someone claiming that it's the worst sitcom I would imagine it would be in their eyes the worst sitcom ever made.

But ya, this thread seems to fail at the idea that there are WAY worse sitcoms out there than the general popular ones that people are stating. If the stuff they are claiming is the worst thing ever, they should be thankful they've never seen some truly bad shit.

Calcaneus

Nothing is worse than Tyler Perry's shows. I've encountered it on more than one occasion and seriously tried to see something good about it. It is the dullest, laziest, most unfunny show out there. None of the actors seem to have any comedic talent, or at least they aren't showing it. Every single situation and line spoken is the most predictable shit. And the less said about the "serious" moments the better.

I envy people who could seriously say stuff like Seinfeld or Arrested Development are the worst sitcoms in there opinion, they must have had a blessed life where they didn't have to encounter shit on the level of House of Payne.

bolbronx said:
You're right.

2ef11781.jpg

my GF used to watch this. genuinely terrible for a lot of reasons- not the least of which was half of the episodes revolved around the female lead being pursued by random men, while clearly pregnant. very creepy.

Also, the producers liked to find excuses for the male lead to walk around shirtless, but it was obvious he had some kind of objectionable tattoo on his chest that had to be poorly edited out digitally. possibly some other woman's name or something. again, bizarre and distracting.

I envy people who could seriously say stuff like Seinfeld or Arrested Development are the worst sitcoms in there opinion, they must have had a blessed life where they didn't have to encounter shit on the level of House of Payne.

true, but there is something fun about the TRULY unwatchable trainwrecks, no?

Alucard

Banned
The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are legitimately funny and have some good comedic timing IMO. There are far worse shows out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom