• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the worst sitcom IYO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern Family.
That Gloria chick was alright for about 2 episode then she just got annoying, the rest of the families weren't at all funny.

and Friends.

Brinbe

Hmm, I'm not sure how Modern Family, HIMYM, Community gets lumped in there when there are plenty of other shows that are a lot worse, but I understand GAF being GAF. Oh well.

As for myself, BBT/2 1/2 Men are right up there, as the most horrendous, but tops would probably be Mike and Molly, just because the idea/focus is so loathsome. lol fatties! :lol Really? Give me a fucking break.

Not surprisingly, all three of those probably share the exact shame audience. ugh.

Not to troll, but I find it very ironic that people are commenting on how they can't believe how people can enjoy shitty sitcoms, yet they list Married...With Children as one of their favorites.

It really is the worst sitcom I've ever seen. I never thought that I, as a male, could ever be offended by sitcom due to its idiotic portrayal of the males gender. But shit was I wrong.

I really REALLY hope that some of the "love" found in here is just nostalgia.

dude

dude
The biggest problem with Sit-coms, to me, is how long they are. Even the onea that start out good, eventually turn into trite. I really liked the first season of That 70's Show - watching it as an high school student, I thought it hit pretty close to home. But as the season went by, the show slowly progressed into absolute shit, by the sixth season I couldn't stand to watch it.
I felt the same thing about Just Shoot Me and News Radio - They started out fun, and then turned into shit.

EDIT: Wait, I thought when people said they liked Married... With Children they were being ironic?

Baconbitz

Banned
josephdebono said:
You guys are all so hip and cool. No one's mentioned a really bad sitcom. The kind that get cancelled like Committed, Accidentally on Purpose, Jake in Progress and other horrible shit. But nooo, we pick on laugh tracks and serieses with emy winners of course.
Here is one. Teachers.

Dilly

Banned
Brinbe said:
Hmm, I'm not sure how Modern Family, HIMYM, Community gets lumped in there when there are plenty of other shows that are a lot worse, but I understand GAF being GAF. Oh well.

As for myself, BBT/2 1/2 Men are right up there, as the most horrendous, but tops would probably be Mike and Molly, just because the idea/focus is so loathsome. lol fatties! :lol Really? Give me a fucking break.

Not surprisingly, all three of those probably share the exact shame audience. ugh.

I like BBT and I find everything about 2 and a half men terrible.

I like "The War at Home", especialy the later seasons
698_war_at_home_the_468.jpg

The daughter is damn hot
Kaylee-Defer.jpg

Veritas_

Surprised I didn't see this.

'Sit Down, Shut Up'

Ran for two seasons on Fox before being cancelled. Created by Mitch Hurwitz, voices from Will Arnet and Jason Bateman. Was supposed to be awesome (It's got Michael and Gob Bluth from Arrested Development, come on!) but it just sucked. I was dissapointed, literally, after watching the first episode and not liking it. Wiki

Now in complete contrast, a show that was most unfairly ended partly due to poor marketing Arreste 'Clone High'. Animated show from MTV about a secret government run high school populated with clones of famous historical figures to be used for the military. The clones are completely oblivious and the principal has plans of his own... Was absolutely hilarious. Wiki

Maybe not sit-coms, per se, but I feel they should be mentioned.

JCX said:
Pretty much all multi-cam sitcoms still being produced.

I went to LA for vacation and saw the taping of the finale of New Adventures of Old Christine...
If Julia Louis-Dreyfuss wasn't in it I would have never gone, and for good reason. That shit sucks. All those shows do. I couldn't sit through Big Bang Theory, According to Jim, the George Lopez one, Two and A Half Men, etc. They all suck and deserve to never be seen by anyone, yet SO many people watch them. WHY WORLD, WHYYYY?!?!?!

black_13

Banned
Big Bang-fucking-Theory! It's bad enough on its own, but its the number 1 rated comedy in canada right now and they have alot of ads for it all over the place and everytime I even see the main characters face I feel like taking up boxing just to punch him.

Meadows

Banned
My Name is Earl was amazing. I will fight anyone who didn't love the first two seasons of that show. I will fight you.

Tremis

This man does his research.
Averon said:
The last great sitcom I remember was News Radio before Phil Hartman's death. Every sitcom I've seen since is garbage in comparison.

Yes, this. Even the 5th season wasn't horrible, but not the same. The Cane was one of my favourite eps, btw. :D

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Virtually every laughtrack sitcom greenlighted in the past ten years has sucked shit. Last great one was 3rd Rock from the Sun. Only good ones since then have been single-camera shows. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Malcolm in the Middle and its success opened the doors for that.

70s dude!

look theyre sitting around in a circle i wonder what theyre up 2

demon said:
Virtually every laughtrack sitcom greenlighted in the past ten years has sucked shit.

laugh tracks are so horribly dated.. i cant even watch the few greats like seinfeld anymore really.. id rather just watch curb your enthusiasm.

Barrage

I could list some fucking TERRIBLE Canadian sitcoms.

But I can enjoy something in all sitcoms. Watching a season is like watching a team play in basketball-you see what's working, what's not, what characters get pushed, what plot lines are dropped...

That being said, According To Jim is legitimately bad. It's got the same mediocre writing level as, say, King Of Queens, but KOQ has better actors that can save the material.

Oh, and Laura Giacommo's titties are fucking glorious.

MC Safety

matt404au said:
Two and a Half Men, no contest.

Yes.

They show this in San Francisco after The Simpsons and Family Guy to create the ultimate buzzkill.

I can say I've seen it a few times, and it's one of those comedies with an abundance of terrible sexual humor/innuendo, a smart-ass housekeeper who would be fired from any real-world job, and an annoying kid.

NeoUltima

I think the Big Bang Theory is pretty damn horrible. I don't see how people can laugh at that. It must be the laugh tracks. Laughter is supposedly contagious, apparently laugh tracks can cause the same effect in some people.

Some of the shittiest:

Two and a Half Men
Community
War at Home
Stacked
According to Jim (this one might be the worst)
Big Bang Theory
That 70's Show
Friends
HIMYM

I can go on.

big ander

GAF being pretentious bitchy GAF in this topic
I don't care if you don't like Community or BBT, objectively they aren't the worst of television. Both shows have at least occasional clever writing and dramatic themes. Community has some excellent cinematography, too.

big ander said:
GAF being pretentious bitchy GAF in this topic
I don't care if you don't like Community or BBT, objectively they aren't the worst of television. Both shows have at least occasional clever writing and dramatic themes. Community has some excellent cinematography, too.

Sounds like something a Community fan would say.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
On tv now Two and a Half Men is obviously the worst. It's terrifying that it's the on of the highest rated shows, too. I also agree that According to Jim was HORRIBLE. Fuck that douchebag Jim Belushi for basically riding his brothers death to make it in Hollywood.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Community's far from the worst sitcom ever. Christ. These shitty cookie-cutter laughtrack sitcoms are objectively far worse.

big ander

butter_stick said:
Sounds like something a Community fan would say.
I'm a huge fan of Community and 30 Rock, I enjoy HIMYM, I think BBT has its moments of hilarity, Friends was great, That's 70's Show was awesome, Cougar Town is awesome, Eastbound is hilarious...

If you're not saying Two and a Half Men or War at Home or According to Jim or Heil Honey I'm Home or George Lopez or something in that vein, you're objectively wrong. Those are empty, awful shows.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man you guys just love hating things don't you.

HIMYM is pretty terrible this season

black_13 said:
Big Bang-fucking-Theory! It's bad enough on its own, but its the number 1 rated comedy in canada right now and they have alot of ads for it all over the place and everytime I even see the main characters face I feel like taking up boxing just to punch him.

Number 1 in the US as well. I seriously don't get it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I love how these threads always devolve into people posting the most popular show they don't like instead of posting shows that are actually horrible.

Oozer3993

MedHead said:
Everybody Loves Raymond
Home Improvement
Gilmore Girls
George Lopez
Hank

First off, Gilmore Girls wasn't a sitcom, and second, I'm pretty sure God hates anyone that dislikes Home Improvement.

Oh, and Gilmore Girls was awesome you cretin!

big ander said:
I'm a huge fan of Community and 30 Rock, I enjoy HIMYM, I think BBT has its moments of hilarity, Friends was great, That's 70's Show was awesome, Cougar Town is awesome, Eastbound is hilarious...

If you're not saying Two and a Half Men or War at Home or According to Jim or Heil Honey I'm Home or George Lopez or something in that vein, you're objectively wrong. Those are empty, awful shows.

Two and the Half Men is better than Community because nobody tries to get me to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom