• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
These people are irredeemable and well beyond being able to reason with or talk to.

If knocking the guy out dissuades even one nazi from feeling comfortable enough to step outside his home sporting a swastika then its mission accomplished and well worth it.

Every single person bold enough in their ignorance to step out in nazi gear deserves to be laid out as an example of how they are not welcome in society.

I don't understand how this is so hard to grasp for some people. Our grandfathers fought to snuff out this toxic ideology because it has no place in society. That has never changed.

How would the world be better if he weren't punched? Nazis only exist to be destroyed in the first place.

They didn't kill him, he just got punched.

Now he has to hide in the shadow, with his tail between his legs. Not outside harrassing POC and harming others. I'd say that's a better world.

It's better than letting him walk around harassing people. I just can't cheer because I could see this type of guy going home and beating the shit out of his family or something.

rackham

Banned
to be clear, i'm not saying that this guy isn't a piece of shit, and in the end the difference between piece of shit who deserves a beating and Nazi isn't all that important (if there is one at all). it's just different to me is all. Heinrich Himmler was a Nazi, Reinhard Heydrich was a Nazi, Martin Bormann was a Nazi. these people did unspeakable terrible things. just because somebody has wet dreams about these people and wears a swastika doesn't put him in their company, imo. this guy has nothing to do with the Third Reich, he's just an All American White Supremacist Jerkoff.

There is literally no difference between this asshole and those assholes. Those assholes only did awful terrible things because they were able to. They were empowered by other people. What do you think will happen if these assholes start banding together? Oh wait, a woman named Heather died last month when they started banding together.

If I recall correctly, Americans took POWs and the Nuremburg trials and subsequent Nuremberg proceedings did not consist of American generals punching the accused out cold.

It is possible to believe both that Nazis are evil to be stopped and that one should use a legal process to determine how they should be dealt with.

We also shot and bombed a lot of nazis to death. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MikeyB

Guns, bullets, and shooting were involved at some point before the trials. Lots. They didn't show up for court willingly.
That would be the force part, which was state sanctioned rather than mob decision making to take on the Nazis.

The thing about applying law or changing laws that apply to residents of a country is that you don't have to resort to violence in the absence of someone resisting arrest.

yd3ul5U.jpg

uerOTT.gif

v0yce

Force beat them back, gave the Allies control, and then surprise... they used trials to hold them to account. Hell, when the Nazis laid down their arms, the Allies even captured them and held them as prisoners of war.

What point are you trying to make?

I'm sure after enough Nazis are punched that the rest throw their hands up and say "we're done" people will stop punching them.

Right now they obviously feel there are no consequences to their actions and are feeling emboldened. That is dangerous. More dangerous than any of these weak arguments people are making for them.

lawnchair

Banned
There is literally no difference between this asshole and those assholes. Those assholes only did awful terrible things because they were able to. They were empowered by other people. What do you think will happen if these assholes start banding together? Oh wait, a woman named Heather died last month when they started banding together.

I see a difference. They were mass murderers, proud members of a state run racist killing machine. this guy is a moronic fucking putz, by himself on the street of a major city blabbing about welfare with a swastika on his arm. they're on different levels.

I'll let this discussion of nomenclature go, though, i suppose it isn't terribly important.

Mr_Moogle

I'm generally against violence but if you're walking around wearing a nazi arm band you're just asking to be punched. If you just ignore people like this, they are going to think this kind of behaviour is acceptable and be more inclined to keep doing it. At least punching them in the face sets the right precedent. They will still be Nazi's but they might not be so open about it if they realise there are consequences. Society might not be able to wipe out these kind of people but we can certainly closet them.

Force beat them back, gave the Allies control, and then surprise... they used trials to hold them to account. Hell, when the Nazis laid down their arms, the Allies even captured them and held them as prisoners of war.

Jesus...

All those kids that put on the uniform picked up weapons and did something about all the evil that was happening thousands of miles away, there was years of unimaginable violence, literally tens of millions of dead an entire group of people brought to the brink of extinction.

Only for people to say violence is unnecessary in the comfort of their home provided by those who would do the killing so others can talk shit about them decades later

I wish Jewish folks had some of you guys to talk to the nazis for them back in the day maybe that would have helped more than guns and bombs that the allies used instead

to be clear, i'm not saying that this guy isn't a piece of shit, and in the end the difference between piece of shit who deserves a beating and Nazi isn't all that important (if there is one at all). it's just different to me is all. Heinrich Himmler was a Nazi, Reinhard Heydrich was a Nazi, Martin Bormann was a Nazi. these people did unspeakable terrible things. just because somebody has wet dreams about these people and wears a swastika doesn't put him in their company, imo. this guy has nothing to do with the Third Reich, he's just an All American White Supremacist Jerkoff.

There has been an uptick of murders under the banner of white supremacy/Nazi lately..perhaps you've missed these reports. Sorry, but I'm not thinking 'lone wolf' with these folks. I have no reason to assume they don't gather with their own and plot bullshit.

I understand what those monsters did in history. I get you're trying to make a distinction, but it all looks and sounds like the same bullshit to me..swing away, as far as I'm concerned.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If I recall correctly, Americans took POWs and the Nuremburg trials and subsequent Nuremberg proceedings did not consist of American generals punching the accused out cold.

It is possible to believe both that Nazis are evil to be stopped and that one should use a legal process to determine how they should be dealt with.

Dude, are you seriously tiptoeing around the fact that the Allies killed nazis in the Second World War?

This level of intellectual dishonesty should be a fucking felony.

Zen Aku

It's better than letting him walk around harassing people. I just can't cheer because I could see this type of guy going home and beating the shit out of his family or something.
If you think this make him go home and beat his family. Trust me, with people like this. They're probably already beating their family if they were already doing it. One punch isn't going to start that shit.

The Kree

Banned
That would be the force part, which was state sanctioned rather than mob decision making to take on the Nazis.

There is no meaningful distinction here because both the public and the state are equally capable of ineptitude, as made evident in the news every single day. Until the state takes action towards outlawing Nazism, we'll have to find justice by other means. Arguing for order before justice is morally hollow when threatened by proponents of genocidal ideology.

Lois_Lane

The thing about applying law or changing laws that apply to residents of a country is that you don't have to resort to violence in the absence of someone resisting arrest.

Who gives the state power?

rackham

Banned
I see a difference. They were mass murderers, proud members of a state run racist killing machine. this guy is a moronic fucking putz, by himself on the street of a major metropolitan city blabbing about welfare with a swastika on his arm. they're on different levels.

I'll let this discussion of nomenclature go, though, i suppose it isn't terribly important.

MASS MURDERERS BECAUSE THEY WERE EMPOWERED TO DO SO. They had an entire government backing them up. There is no fucking difference. Their ideology is the same. The only thing stopping this coward from doing anything more/the same as 1940s Nazis was the fear of getting his skull caved in. He went out to preach his garbage ideology and to hurt people.

Kenai

Let me put it this way: I'd rather see this guy removed from society.

I'd much rather this happen as well! I'm just not holding my breath for the Nazi Sympathizer in the White House or our sad excuse of a police force to get the ball rolling. In the meantime...

A bunch of "mobsters" once took things into their own hands, then some illegal nation was born some 240ish years ago.

And that was also done through violence, alot of violence...

This is getting dumb.

Cunts are sometimes just cunts, the world is full of people that need to get killed and or just a good old fashion ass whooping

I think a lot of us who are cool with or even happy about a Nazi getting punched see a clear distinction between a Nazi getting punched and the more nebulous "political violence."

Being unequivocally opposed to violence no matter what the context sounds good in a vacuum but that's about the only place.

I'm all for taking action against people that are in the process of committing violence, or are threatening such and have the tools to do so. I'm less in favor of using violence to suppress ideas, even evil ones, as I think actively correcting the conditions that are fertile for the spread of ghastly, repugnant ideas is both the better and the ethical route.

Having said that, Nazi fucks get no tears from me. Talk shit get hit and all.

Codeblue

I don't see why we're trusting a legal system to deal with Nazis when it's historically been more interested in jailing minorities at disproportionate rates, especially with the people that control the government at the moment.

If Trump was appointing judges for the Nuremberg trials, those bastards probably would have walked out with house arrest and a firm handshake.

Sunster

but I want to stop them before they conquer like all of Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom