• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Ranger X

Sorry I skipped the thread, there's only one point I want to make anyways. After that you can do whatever you want to this little foot for though, I sure don't mind.

There's is no "black culture" just like there is no "white culture". Yes there's different cultures but it goes with where you're born, not what you look like. I hate these terms, it reflects that people are still thinking by color when it shouldn't be. It's sad. As long as "black" or any other color will be a group, there will be problems and discrimination in this world, that's for sure. Maybe I am side stepping the topic a little but oh well...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ranger X said:
Sorry I skipped the thread, there's only one point I want to make anyways. After that you can do whatever you want to this little foot for though, I sure don't mind.

There's is no "black culture" just like there is no "white culture". Yes there's different cultures but it goes with where you're born, not what you look like. I hate these terms, it reflects that people are still thinking by color when it shouldn't be. It's sad. As long as "black" or any other color will be a group, there will be problems and discrimination in this world, that's for sure. Maybe I am side stepping the topic a little but oh well...

...really? you really came in here to say all that?

Nameless

I listen to various talk radio shows from around the country while I work. On the Warren Ballentine show, the guest host & callers just spent the last hour making their case on how the recent stories of the mass deaths of birds and fish are a clear messages from God and signals the return of Christ, etc.. etc..

stop_embarrassing_me_black_people_tshirt-p235217533666516112qm73_400.jpg

spindashing said:
Happy new Year, BlackGAF.

I just got done eating my Soup Joumou.

haitian-soup-joumou.jpg

I swear I've gained some pounds eating it. :lol

I don't know how I missed this post.

I've been eating this every day since 1/1 :lol
Shit is so clutch.

Also:

Imm0rtal said:
Who Zoe chooses to date should come as no surprise since she's Dominican, not that preference should matter anyways.

I don't know how I missed this post either, but it's SO FUCKING TRUE IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. :lol

Finally...yeah, church :-\
It's just like that.

Imm0rt4l

captmcblack said:
I don't know how I missed this post.

I've been eating this every day since 1/1 :lol
Shit is so clutch.

Also:

I don't know how I missed this post either, but it's SO FUCKING TRUE IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. :lol

Finally...yeah, church :-\
It's just like that.

Yea the shit is ridiculous. I'd like Dominican gaf to chime in to give their thoughts. This is something that even they cannot deny.

Dominican gaf doesn't participate in black culture threads lol

Nameless said:
I listen to various talk radio shows from around the country while I work. On the Warren Ballentine show, the guest host & callers just spent the last hour making their case on how the recent stories of the mass deaths of birds and fish are a clear messages from God and signals the return of Christ, etc.. etc..

http://rlv.zcache.com/stop_embarrassing_me_black_people_tshirt-p235217533666516112qm73_400.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That's more of a "religious people, stop embarrassing me" and the beauty of it is that if you aren't religious then you can't feel embarrassed about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think I'm shook. After spending so many years in Durham, a fucking hood thats sole purpose is to swallow up anyone dumb, lazy, or unfortunate enough to not leave, I'm just immediately turned off by all 'black' clubs/bars/social events.

I really want to get over this shit... At New Years, my friend told a table of a people that I used to box and I wanted to slap him in the mouth.

aktham

ryutaro's mama said:
Man.

This thread is still alive but has slowed down a lot.

Well they shut down the original one which discouraged everybody. I didn't even know this one was around. :lol

Ranger X said:

Wait...what?

Hey Negro GAF...I'm trying to make a Baby Making CD since my last one is lost, so far I have:

Joe- All The Things
Tyrese- On Top of Me, What am I Gonna Do, Sweet Lady
Jon B- They Don't Know
LSG- My Body
Aaliyah- At Your Best, Hot Like Fire
R Kelly- Bump 'n' Grind Old School Mix
Nivea- 21 Reasons
Ray J- One Wish
Keith Sweat- Nobody, Make it Last Forever

I know there are a lot I'm missing but can you point me out? I need it mid 90's, shit we'd both remember (we're 25 and 27)

Holla at me dawgs

justjohn

Bleepey said:
It always makes me laugh that black guys who date everything under the sun get pissed when they see a hot black girl with another race of man.
Every race does that. There are White dudes who fuck Asian chicks yet get get mad when they see White chicks with black guys.
It's hypocritical but don't act like other races of men who fuck other races of chicks are happy to see women of their race with others.

Meadows

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Hey Negro GAF...I'm trying to make a Baby Making CD since my last one is lost, so far I have:

Joe- All The Things
Jon B- They Don't Know
LSG- My Body
Nivea- 21 Reasons
Ray J- One Wish

I know there are a lot I'm missing but can you point me out? I need it mid 90's, shit we'd both remember (we're 25 and 27)

Holla at me dawgs

Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day

preferably at the end after you've finished and are lying in bed feeling pimp with her asleep.

That love-making CD is wrong without Al Green. I know he's old school, but still...it's AL FUCKING GREEN.

Also, I don't get mad seeing hot black chicks with guys of other races.
I do get mad when hot chicks of any race won't get with me because I'm black and they only like [insert other race/s here], though...but then I get with a hot chick of any race and it's all gravy. I hate the "I don't like black guys" stuff; I can get not liking short guys, or ugly guys, or broke guys, or wack guys...but a nice-looking dude should be a nice-looking dude in any shade, right?

Tokubetsu

So black-gaf, just finished watching "Devil In A Blue Dress" for the first time. I love noir and neo-noir films so I'm not sure how I missed this one. Enjoyed it a lot, maybe my new favorite Denzel flick.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
MARTIN LUTHER

Ginuwine - In Those Jeans. Landed me my first visit to the sugar shack

lol @ my mom calling me up just now. Paraphrased:

"You heard the story about this guy? He was checking his wife's email because he thought she was messing around. He's married to this white woman...and then she ended up calling the police on him for violating her privacy. That's crazy ain't it!"

"wow that's pretty wild"

"Yeah, I saw it on Nightline just now...you gotta watch out for these white women...I'm just saying"

"ok."

"Whoo...you gotta be careful when dating them...these white women be crazy sometimes"

"Of course. Because black women are always sane and rational when it comes to relationships." /troll

"I know, I know, all women can be crazy...but these white women! You gotta be careful."

"..."

To provide some background, I've dated women of all different backgrounds, but the only one in recent times that my mother has actually met has been white, so I'm guessing she assumes that's all I'm interested in, lol. With women, I'm like Amir0x and consoles...I date them all so I can justify my trolling!

This particular woman does seem pretty crazy though. Also, I actually think she looks a little blasian to me...

Tokubetsu

soul creator said:
lol @ my mom calling me up just now. Paraphrased:

"You heard the story about this guy? He was checking his wife's email because he thought she was messing around. He's married to this white woman...and then she ended up calling the police on him for violating her privacy. That's crazy ain't it!"

"wow that's pretty wild"

"Yeah, I saw it on Nightline just now...you gotta watch out for these white women...I'm just saying"

"ok."

"Whoo...you gotta be careful when dating them...these white women be crazy sometimes"

"Of course. Because black women are always sane and rational when it comes to relationships." /troll

"I know, I know, all women can be crazy...but these white women! You gotta be careful."

"..."

To provide some background, I've dated women of all different backgrounds, but the only one in recent times that my mother has actually met has been white, so I'm guessing she assumes that's all I'm interested in, lol. With women, I'm like Amir0x and consoles...I date them all so I can justify my trolling!

This particular woman does seem pretty crazy though. Also, I actually think she looks a little blasian to me...

Ever since I was a kid, my mother and uncles would warn me about dating white women at the same time though, they raise an eyebrow if I bring any sort of other ethnicity home besides white.

Ranger X said:

:lol

SmokyDave

Ranger X said:

A perfectly valid point of view. We had this discussion earlier in the thread, starting at post 497. Although I originally agreed with you, I do understand where people are coming from with 'black culture'. Think of it as 'prevalent amongst', rather than 'exclusive to'.

Parallax said:
...really? you really came in here to say all that?
robidomask said:
Wait...what?
Himuro said:
PhoenixDark said:
A shower of shit.

Well done guys, I'm sure that went a long way to bringing Ranger round to your point of view.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
SmokyDave said:
A shower of shit.

Well done guys, I'm sure that went a long way to bringing Ranger round to your point of view.

this may come off as combative and i apologize in advance, but why should we bother? he came in with a point to make, and when no one took his bait, he went off on his merry way. he obvously doesnt care, so why should we?

SmokyDave

Parallax said:
this may come off as combative and i apologize in advance, but why should we bother? he came in with a point to make, and when no one took his bait, he went off on his merry way. he obvously doesnt care, so why should we?
Have you considered that maybe he was being sincere?

Some people don't like delineating culture along racial lines. I don't find that terribly difficult to understand so I don't doubt that the guy is being genuine.

Lebron

SmokyDave said:
Have you considered that maybe he was being sincere?

Some people don't like delineating culture along racial lines. I don't find that terribly difficult to understand so I don't doubt that the guy is being genuine.
I'm sure he was, but that was like going into an NFL thread only to point out that it's not football. No good will come from it.

Also, fried catfish and grits for breakfast is like the greatest thing ever.

I almost feel like I should post in here about a good half of my life and I'm white!

Haha but truth be told a large pot of my life was spent in primarily black neighborhoods. I moved around a lot but when I lived in Alabama/Florida was when we were the poorest. I don't know why we usually ended up living in the poor black neighborhoods instead of the poor white ones but I think it stems from my mom's hate of trailers.

:lol

And yeah the white man stole rock from black people. It was our payback for stealing all our women I bet!

Mecha_Infantry said:

Joe- All The Things
Jon B- They Don't Know
LSG- My Body
Nivea- 21 Reasons
Ray J- One Wish

Holla at me dawgs

Keith Washington - Kissing You
Al B. Sure. - OOHH this love is so

SmokyDave said:
A perfectly valid point of view. We had this discussion earlier in the thread, starting at post 497. Although I originally agreed with you, I do understand where people are coming from with 'black culture'. Think of it as 'prevalent amongst', rather than 'exclusive to'.

Funny, I don't see this argument used against Italian American culture, Irish American culture, or even Hispanic American culture. It's only divisive or worthy of dismissive quotation marks when black people want to express their own culture, which is more firmly rooted in America because for most of them there is no specific "old country" to reminisce about.

The point of the discussion has little to do with what is "exclusive" to whom. Jews have a very strong family bond - but so do many other cultures.

In short, I doubt we need you or a documented troll like RangerX telling us why we apparently don't have a culture like every other race on the planet. Fine with me: keep exposing yourself as stunningly ignorant (or worse) in every race related thread on this message board.

SmokyDave

PhoenixDark said:
Funny, I don't see this argument used against Italian American culture, Irish American culture, or even Hispanic American culture. It's only divisive or worthy of dismissive quotation marks when black people want to express their own culture, which is more firmly rooted in America because for most of them there is no specific "old country" to reminisce about.

The point of the discussion has little to do with what is "exclusive" to whom. Jews have a very strong family bond - but so do many other cultures.

In short, I doubt we need you or a documented troll like RangerX telling us why we apparently don't have a culture like every other race on the planet. Fine with me: keep exposing yourself as stunningly ignorant (or worse) in every race related thread on this message board.

Y'know, before you get excited about proclaiming my ignorance, you ought to take a moment out to realise that black culture does not automatically mean black American culture. Then you may wish to re-read my thoughts on the topic noting my emphasis on geography and economic circumstance being more important than race.

I don't want or need you to agree with me but I'd appreciate it if you'd at least try to understand where I'm coming from.

abuC

Mecha_Infantry said:

Joe- All The Things
Jon B- They Don't Know
LSG- My Body
Nivea- 21 Reasons
Ray J- One Wish

Holla at me dawgs

Raheeem DeVaughn - You, Breathe, Marathon, Guess who loves you more

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Oh dear;
Perhaps the best thing to come out of that video is how that -scrawny, gender ambiguous, real life Final Fantasy character-, is somehow intimidating. :lol

Mecha_Infantry said:

Joe- All The Things
Jon B- They Don't Know
LSG- My Body
Nivea- 21 Reasons
Ray J- One Wish

Holla at me dawgs

I honestly just throw either of the first two KEM CD's.

Veidt said:
Oh dear;
Perhaps the best thing to come out of that video is how that -scrawny, gender ambiguous, real life Final Fantasy character-, is somehow intimidating. :lol

It was like watching a crappy anime. Also, broken english is very scary

Top Bottom