• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: Battlefield 3 [FLEABttn to the rescue, new thread soon!]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
derFeef said:
Nice. Prone restricted to the sniper class would be one way to do it.

noooooooooooooooo.

if any class needs prone, it's not the sniper class.

Enkidu

derFeef said:
Nice. Prone restricted to the sniper class would be one way to do it.
That sounds like the worst of both sides to me. If snipers can go prone they become slightly harder to see, and if others can't go prone they will have a harder time not getting shot by snipers.

Jtrizzy said:
Didn't some people use a joystick/flightstick for flying the jets in bf2?
Of course. I didn't though, I was too much of a tight arse to ever bother buying one. Probably why I'm now a console gamer :)

derFeef

subversus said:
noooooooooooooooo.

if any class needs prone, it's not the sniper class.
Sure, debatable. I hated the diving to prone in BF2. It made it feel like "who can dive faster" instead of a real shootout.
Enkidu said:
That sounds like the worst of both sides to me. If snipers can go prone they become slightly harder to see, and if others can't go prone they will have a harder time not getting shot by snipers.
Well, that´s how a sniper class should work. (info: I don´t like to paly as a sniper, I am more of a supporter)

Jtrizzy said:
Didn't some people use a joystick/flightstick for flying the jets in bf2?

I used to. Awesome to kick the keyboard out and bring the flightstick when jumping into the jet. Felt so good to throw flares, lock on missiles, switch to machine gun and fire with the stick controls

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love the cover!

CXRfU.png

Also that official BF3 site in german reveals a few more details.

* Explosions can knock you down.
* You play as a U.S. Marine Elite Soldier.
* Single and Multiplayer will feature locations like Paris, Teheran and New York.

Enkidu

Sn4ke_911 said:
I love the cover!

CXRfU.png

Also that official BF3 site in german reveals a few more details.

* Explosions can knock you down.
* You play as a U.S. Marine Elite Soldier.
* Single and Multiplayer will feature locations like Paris, Teheran and New York.
Is that the official cover-art or just something fans put together? I like how it looks, but it's so similar to BC2 it's a bit disappointing. If anything I wish it was more in the style of BF2.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Enkidu said:
Is that the official cover-art or just something fans put together? I like how it looks, but it's so similar to BC2 it's a bit disappointing, if anything I wish it was more in the style of BF2.
They're probably trying to evoke instant brand recognition.

derFeef

German website also says:
Battlefield 3 erscheint Ende 2011 – inklusive Jets, 64 Spieler Multiplayer …und Kriechen!
Battlefield 3 launches at the end of 2011 - including Jets, 64 player multiplayer ...and prone!

Jtrizzy

Anyone notice the distinctive looking building in the GI cover? The one to the right? I bet that is a tip off as to one of the locales.

CassSept

64 players? Jets?
My body is ready. My wallet isn't. Still, looks like it's time to upgrade my PC. Cover may be as generic as possible, but still... day one. Hope it's worth the wait.

Sn4ke_911

Release Fall 2011. New COD rumored also to be released Fall 2011. Hm...

popcorn.gif

Pikelet

endlessflood said:
If you're me, you basically spend your whole life banked at 90 degrees turning endless circles around the battlefield by bashing your mouse repeatedly back to the top of your mousepad, with the occasional (failed) pass at vehicles and infantry below. With dual analog sticks it might work a bit better for me though: a mouse is not exactly the best interface for flying a jet.

That's if the console version does actually have jets.

Replace the mouse controls with the arrow keys and keep wasd the same. Works much better than mouse and wasd, but still vastly inferior to even a crappy flight stick.

Sn4ke_911

Teknopathetic said:
"Release Fall 2011. New COD rumored also to be released Fall 2011. Hm..."

Rumored? When Activision wants to exploit their IPs yearly?

My bad, it was not rumored, it was confirmed.

New Call of Duty Title Announced

Activision has announced Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed studio led by former Visceral Games executives Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey, will develop a new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

The publisher also confirmed it will release another Call of Duty title in 2011, but it's unclear as of now if this is the same title Sledgehammer is currently developing. This leaves the door open for another studio, possibly Infinity Ward, to develop the 2011 title. We've asked Activision for clarification.

Sn4ke_911

Seriously how can you hate on a cover like this? It's dark and badass. I really love it.

Limited Edition details to be revealed end of february.

2AQJ2.jpg

Sn4ke_911

Jtrizzy said:
Looks like we are getting reflex scopes from the cover...anyone else noticed any other small details.

His right knee protector is shifted.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Co-op campaign.

Battlefield Blog said:
Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.
The wording makes it sound like it's separate from the singleplayer campaign.

Darklord

Banned
Nirolak said:
Co-op campaign.

Ugh. More time wasted of shit I don't want. Can't they just stick to the multiplayer only style? Come on, who even buys a BF game for single players?

Darklord said:
Ugh. More time wasted of shit I don't want. Can't they just stick to the multiplayer only style? Come on, who even buys a BF game for single players?

So you're upset that they're including even more content in the game?

Jtrizzy

Nirolak said:
Co-op campaign.

I bet it's similar to the Onslaught DLC from BC2, which I personally never saw the appeal of outside of chopper flying practice.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Jtrizzy said:
I bet it's similar to the Onslaught DLC from BC2, which I personally never saw the appeal of outside of chopper flying practice.
They say "campaign" specifically instead of multiplayer mode.

Sinatar said:
Yea when it's time and energy better spent on more multiplayer content.
One of the major features of Frostbite 2 is that it lets them create content vastly faster than Frostbite 1.X.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
So you're upset that they're including even more content in the game?

Well, in the case of DICE, their single-player campaigns are utterly horrible, so those resources could've went into more MP content. So, yeah.

Sinatar said:

All signs show that they're treating the multiplayer with the proper respect? Developers do expand over time which means that they can work on more than one aspect of a game.

big_z

BeeDog said:
Well, in the case of DICE, their single-player campaigns are utterly horrible, so those resources could've went into more MP content. So, yeah.

i thought the BC2 campaign was better than what MW2 offered. it was a lot of fun imo.

Jtrizzy said:
Yea I saw that too. Also intersting to note that tank has 4 wheels visible on it's left side.
you mean the APC?

Sinatar said:
why would they do that when they can just sell you more multiplayer content later?

Top Bottom